ImpulZ

Xbox Update 24/10/2018

i can confirm right now that the day and night feature has been implemented, though there seems to be issues with picking items up and opening doors. sort of like "lagging" i guess.. 

anywho awesome game, keep up the good work ?

On 10/22/2018 at 4:20 PM, bent.toe said:

But you know the deal with Microsoft eh?

Any game that enters game preview on Xbox must be released as a full game / gone gold within 1 year or Microsoft steps in and takes over the entire project. No prisoners.

Where did you ever hear this? This isn't true... at all. Stop spreading stupidity. 

• Thanks 1

Dear moaners

"GAmE PrEviEw"

If you haven't anything nice or constructive to say then... say "GAmE PrEviEw" maybe... just maybe after the hundredth time of saying it to yourself you might just get it...

We should have a "Hunt the complainer" event!

• Haha 1

Yeah, I'm not sure where this one year game preview deadline comes from. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, but I know for sure that Ark was in the game preview programme for a couple of years before it got full release. 

Doesn't matter anyway boys, haven't you heard the games gonna be full release by Xmas lol, oh but it'll only have basic base building (enjoy people server hopping into you base tho), and two ground vehicles added. No new guns or previously tested guns put back in, no fishing, no vaulting or climbing, no helicopter, no decaying bodies, no zombie hordes, no broken limbs or concussive damage, no throwable items including any form of grenade, no craftable bow or recurve bow etc etc etc etc. Basically everything the devs have shown off, tested or said would be in the game at 1.0 full release. But don't worry they gotta get that PS4 money's so it's definitely finished (minus 80% of what PC players have been waiting on for 5yrs), I doubt it'll even be more stable and rid of desync by next march never mind Xmas lmao.

i wouldn't waste your time arguing over how long something has to be in game preview before Microsoft take over as nowadays games companies can promise you the all stars in the sky and then give you a small rock and say well it's close enough be thankful.

Edited by TheYetiBum
  • Like 1

So far the duplication glitches seem to be fixed. Should mend the costal deathmatches a bit. The few fights I have been in since yesterday definitely feel lagier than usual. Guess it comes with the territory, ie, fix one thing, break another. Overall, happy with the update good work guys.

1. Yesterday, I used a lockpick to lockup a shed in the middle of nowhere. It's currently still locked after 24h real-time. Do servers reset or function in a new way now? I haven't played a long enough single session yet to notice.

2. Loot respawn seems different now, at least to me. From what I've seen, items respawn almost in categories, if that makes sense. Like I'll come across duct tape and wool coats for a while, then it's like sewing kits and axes next. Anyone else experience this?

21 hours ago, Marvel_Ham said:

2. Loot respawn seems different now, at least to me. From what I've seen, items respawn almost in categories, if that makes sense. Like I'll come across duct tape and wool coats for a while, then it's like sewing kits and axes next. Anyone else experience this?

That has to be a coincidence.

I had a game where I pretty I kept finding the same pistol in every third house I found - thats RNG for you. :)

• Beans 1

16 minutes ago, Jonas Levin said:

same pistol in every third house I found

It wasn’t like that in the previous patch though, just seems odd to me.

Firstly thank you for bringing this on xbox one, people that are complaining and moaning well its on testing and not been out long, they update it pretty regularly so far so just stop wining. Rather then complaining post bugs and problems you think need changing in the correct forums. 

Anyway here is a few issues of my own which I think really need looking into and I am not complaining just noting what's bad. 

*sometimes when on the first load up screen you can't press a and this requires several reloading attempts to sort out

*server lists sometimes won't load and comes up with error code 9, and also server setting like name ascending and descending don't work correctly, you have to press them several times or them to correctly work. 

*when loading into your bag this can be very slow at times and can cause issues on crashing or getting yourself killed, moving around the bag also seems slow sometimes and also needs looking into. 

*some items in bag don't have an image and show only a number, making you highlight them to know what they are. 

*when aiming down a sight attached to a weapon sometimes this becomes off place with the crosshair which requires you to aim up into the air for this to fix it, and also sometimes when in prone with some of the sights you can only see your body and can't actually see anything. 

*night time, as much as I don't mind this the night time cycle seems to be too long and every server I go onto its always dark and raining, maybe to combat the moaning people we could have the time of day next to the server list with a possibility of showing weather conditions. 

*diseases such as drinking dirty water. And eating raw meat have no effect, at the minute this isn't obviously a problem as it helps people survive longer but could do with being fixed. 

Not really much more I can think of at this time, I know there is a few more but these are the more major issues I've had so far. 

Remember I am not complaining but brining this to people's attention and maybe to help out the devs. 

Thank you

• Beans 1

58 minutes ago, icerasta said:

Firstly thank you for bringing this on xbox one, people that are complaining and moaning well its on testing and not been out long, they update it pretty regularly so far so just stop wining. Rather then complaining post bugs and problems you think need changing in the correct forums. 

Anyway here is a few issues of my own which I think really need looking into and I am not complaining just noting what's bad. 

*sometimes when on the first load up screen you can't press a and this requires several reloading attempts to sort out

*server lists sometimes won't load and comes up with error code 9, and also server setting like name ascending and descending don't work correctly, you have to press them several times or them to correctly work. 

*when loading into your bag this can be very slow at times and can cause issues on crashing or getting yourself killed, moving around the bag also seems slow sometimes and also needs looking into. 

*some items in bag don't have an image and show only a number, making you highlight them to know what they are. 

*when aiming down a sight attached to a weapon sometimes this becomes off place with the crosshair which requires you to aim up into the air for this to fix it, and also sometimes when in prone with some of the sights you can only see your body and can't actually see anything. 

*night time, as much as I don't mind this the night time cycle seems to be too long and every server I go onto its always dark and raining, maybe to combat the moaning people we could have the time of day next to the server list with a possibility of showing weather conditions. 

*diseases such as drinking dirty water. And eating raw meat have no effect, at the minute this isn't obviously a problem as it helps people survive longer but could do with being fixed. 

Not really much more I can think of at this time, I know there is a few more but these are the more major issues I've had so far. 

Remember I am not complaining but brining this to people's attention and maybe to help out the devs. 

Thank you

Why don't you follow your own advice and post these in the bug tracker. Or, better still, actually read the other posts and bug trackers and you'll see that every thing your talking about here has already been posted and reported. Stop duplicating previously reported issues. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Why don't you follow your own advice and post these in the bug tracker. Or, better still, actually read the other posts and bug trackers and you'll see that every thing your talking about here has already been posted and reported. Stop duplicating previously reported issues. 

Because this was the first forum post I have ever made, and not even seen or looked for the other posts or know where I am looking that is why. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, icerasta said:

Because this was the first forum post I have ever made, and not even seen or looked for the other posts or know where I am looking that is why. 

Ah, so you're lazy? Sorry, my mistake. 

• Sad 1

On 25 October 2018 at 5:05 AM, Turdstick said:

Dear moaners

"GAmE PrEviEw"

If you haven't anything nice or constructive to say then... say "GAmE PrEviEw" maybe... just maybe after the hundredth time of saying it to yourself you might just get it...

We should have a "Hunt the complainer" event!

The games been game preview on PC for 6 years , if you weren't so busy being a corporate shill and actually read every status report, especially the last one and it's responses you'd see that the community is being dumped on. Not suggesting it's the devs but the money men who manage them. But yeah it's triggering being spoken to disrespectfully isn't it, it gets the blood pressure rising. Treat others as you'd like to be treated, other people opinions are as valuable as yours whether you think so or not. Were consumers with varying needs not just carbon copies of you.

arying 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/22/2018 at 9:20 PM, bent.toe said:

But you know the deal with Microsoft eh?

Any game that enters game preview on Xbox must be released as a full game / gone gold within 1 year or Microsoft steps in and takes over the entire project. No prisoners.

NOT TRUE JUST MYTH!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tyler Tee H C said:

YeH that status report could really be a death toll. I suggest everyone read it properly.

not good news.

Why? We're getting base building, vehicles, helicopters and plenty other stuff such as climbing, soft skills, etc. Yes, you will have to wait a while for some of these things. 

• Like 1

Base building ???

Meh.

Did you even read it ?? No vaulting. No anything. Pretty much the same as we got now will be 1.0 is that really acceptable ??

You do realise base building is NOT core DayZ ? Most hardcore DayZ fans would rather NOT have base building but have what the dev team is calling flavours. No Bows, No fishing, No vaulting in 2018 ? NO broken limbs, illness etc

etc etc.

3 hours ago, Tyler Tee H C said:

You do realise base building is NOT core DayZ ? Most hardcore DayZ fans would rather NOT have base building but have what the dev team is calling flavours. No Bows, No fishing, No vaulting in 2018 ? NO broken limbs, illness etc

etc etc.

But you will be getting those things, you'll just have to wait for them. I think what a lot of people forget is that years ago when a game came out, that was it. You bought it, played it and finished it. No bug fixes, no updates, no free or paid for dlc, nothing. People have just grown to expect free content and continued support for a game. The devs have outlined what they'd like to bring to the game over time so just wait for it to come. 

This will be worse than No Man's Sky. It's a skeleton version. You know the PC players have been waiting 6 years for this ??

6 minutes ago, Tyler Tee H C said:

This will be worse than No Man's Sky. It's a skeleton version. You know the PC players have been waiting 6 years for this ??

PC players can still play the mod

On 30/10/2018 at 8:38 PM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Ah, so you're lazy? Sorry, my mistake. 

Not at all, I've been busy. Working and providing for my family. I'm sorry for making mistakes.