Baty Alquawen

Exp Update 0.62.140525

Hello Experimental players!

We have an important fix today:

• fixed some server crashes reproducible by players
  • changes to wind samples

Thank you for your attention and have a good day!

tUZY3nl.jpg

• Like 15

please fix the ghillie hood dye. mossy still not dark. it always stay normal green, does not matter how many black spray paints you take :(

Edit: I like you all :D

Edited by lars90

14 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

changes to wind samples

That DE RAIN server is a great place to enjoy the wind and rain sounds!

Also, I did notice that the rain and wind seemed to pulse about every 10 seconds or so, the light through the trees in the distance seemed to pulse slightly, louder/softer rain sounds and brighter/dimmer 1000m-horizon in the distance.  It's subtle but it's there.   Is this working as intended (or intentional wip)?  Or might I be experiencing some network/bubble/lag type thing?

• Like 5

@GaryWalnuts the pulse with the light and rain is, i think the refresh from 100% rain. I love this Server for experience in the hard nature, its a really challange.

The rain is everytime here... No matter how the sky looks, with clouds, without clouds, the rain is the master. It is probably a phenomenon of how the rain is made. But I must say that this light and sound refresh, at the beginning was much stronger than the last time where I played on it (~ 5 days ago).

@Baty Alquawen

At this post:

On the RP-Com. Where I support there was at the beginning of 0.62 such a problem. Here is the link with the critical place (sry unfortunately everything German):

https://dayz-standalone-rpg.de/index.php?thread/7660-server-probleme-seit-0-62-umfrage/&postID=56272#post56272

I'm trying to translate this to something: The crash is caused when a player, especially in the Kamenka area, crashed a car, so it is no longer mobile, but it is not destroyed to despawn. Anyone who comes into the area of the car or logs out there gets serious problems. Whoever manages to connect after a long wait, which causes the almost all other players from the server to be kicked.

Maybe someone can read at Bohemia ^^ German and the whole thing once, there are some posts which might be relevant.

Important: the link should not be an advertisement, it is only about science!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, GaryWalnuts said:

That DE RAIN server is a great place to enjoy the wind and rain sounds!

Also, I did notice that the rain and wind seemed to pulse about every 10 seconds or so, the light through the trees in the distance seemed to pulse slightly, louder/softer rain sounds and brighter/dimmer 1000m-horizon in the distance.  It's subtle but it's there.   Is this working as intended (or intentional wip)?  Or might I be experiencing some network/bubble/lag type thing?

I was on the DE RAIN server earlier and tried looking for what you described and I didn't notice it? Maybe its very subtle or just happens to you.

Also any possibility of indoor rain sounds added prior to .63 or is there no way of properly knowing if a player is inside a building. (Not just a raycast check of ceiling)

I still haven't managed to get Trackir back up and running? Uninstalled it etc etc..device tracks perfectly in their own software not not working in DayZ since 0.62, I'm running current exp 0.62.140525

Edited by -Greenie-
spelling

18 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

On the RP-Com. Where I support there was at the beginning of 0.62 such a problem. Here is the link with the critical place (sry unfortunately everything German):

https://dayz-standalone-rpg.de/index.php?thread/7660-server-probleme-seit-0-62-umfrage/&postID=56272#post56272

I'm trying to translate this to something: The crash is caused when a player, especially in the Kamenka area, crashed a car, so it is no longer mobile, but it is not destroyed to despawn. Anyone who comes into the area of the car or logs out there gets serious problems. Whoever manages to connect after a long wait, which causes the almost all other players from the server to be kicked.

Maybe someone can read at Bohemia ^^ German and the whole thing once, there are some posts which might be relevant.

Important: the link should not be an advertisement, it is only about science!

let me try to translate the post you linked, if you don't think you can or don't want to:

Okay, nochmal zusammenfassend:

- Es gibt momentan Gebiete auf dem Server in denen die Server-Client Kommunikation nicht richtig funktioniert.
- Gerät man in ein solches Gebiet fängt der gesamte Server das laggen an, man selbst verliert die Verbindung zum Server.
- Loggt man sich in einem solchen Gebiet ein erhält man den "Bluescreen" und der Server beginnt wiederum für alle zu laggen.
- Eines der Gebiete bei uns ist momentan Kamenka
- Ich habe in Kamenka 3 gecrashte Autos gefunden, die Frage ist ob das die Ursache für die Probleme ist oder nur eine Folgeerscheinung.
- Interagiert man mit solch einem gecrashten Auto flippt der Server völlig aus.

FIX:
Es ist möglich sich weiterhin einzuloggen, allerdings dauert das an die 5 Minuten. Dies sollte man nur tun wenn man alleine auf dem Server ist aus 2 Gründen:
1. Alle anderen Spieler auf dem Server werden in dieser Zeit wild durch die Gegend teleportiert
2. Sind andere Spieler auf dem Server ist der Server unter zusätzlicher Last und man bekommt womöglich einen Timeout bevor die Verbindung zustandekommt.

Sobald man es schafft zu spawnen kann man sich aus diesem Gebiet entfernen. Versucht dabei nicht irgendetwas aus gecrashten Autos mitzunehmen, das kann euch wieder vom Server schmeissen. Bei mir hat es dann gereicht in die Pavlovo Militarybase zu laufen und dort auszuloggen.
Seitdem bin ich den Bluescreen los.

"Okay, let's recapitulate.

-At the moment there are areas on the server in which the server-client communication doesn't work right

-If you enter one of those areas the whole server starts lagging for everyone, and you loose the the connection to the server.

-When you log in in one of those areas you get a "bluescreen" and the server starts lagging again for everyone.

-At the moment one of those areas on our server is Kamenka.

-I have found three crashed cars in Kamenka. The question is if those are the cause of the problem, or merely a side-effect.

-When you interact with one of those cars, the server freaks out.

Fix:

It is still possible to log in, but it does take about 5 minutes. You should only do that when you are alone on the server for two reasons:

1. All other players are being teleported around in that time.

2. When there are other players on the server, the server load is increased and you might get a timeout before you are connected.

As soon as you manage to spawn you can leave the area, but don't try to take anything from the crashed cars, that might throw you off the server again. For me it was enough to walk to the Pavlovo military base and log out there. Since then i got rid of the bluescreens again."

"Bluescreen" seems to look like this one just blue from what i read (so no BSoD in case anyone thought that):

201706082019072ticr539n1.jpg

Maybe i will translate some more interesting posts later.

Edited by HaseDesTodes
  • Like 3

@HaseDesTodes danke Dir vielmals, ich mache alles mit dem Translator...da kommt einfach oft nur Crap dabei heraus. 

2 hours ago, -Greenie- said:

I still haven't managed to get Trackir back up and running? Uninstalled it etc etc..device tracks perfectly in their own software not not working in DayZ since 0.62, I'm running current exp 0.62.140525

Did you delete config file?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HaseDesTodes said:

let me try to translate the post you linked, if you don't think you can or don't want to:

"Okay, let's recapitulate.

-At the moment there are areas on the server in which the server-client communication doesn't work right

-If you enter one of those areas the whole server starts lagging for everyone, and you loose the the connection to the server.

-When you log in in one of those areas you get a "bluescreen" and the server starts lagging again for everyone.

-At the moment one of those areas on our server is Kamenka.

-I have found three crashed cars in Kamenka. The question is if those are the cause of the problem, or merely a side-effect.

-When you interact with one of those cars, the server freaks out.

Fix:

It is still possible to log in, but it does take about 5 minutes. You should only do that when you are alone on the server for two reasons:

1. All other players are being teleported around in that time.

2. When there are other players on the server, the server load is increased and you might get a timeout before you are connected.

As soon as you manage to spawn you can leave the area, but don't try to take anything from the crashed cars, that might throw you off the server again. For me it was enough to walk to the Pavlovo military base and log out there. Since then i got rid of the bluescreens again."

"Bluescreen" seems to look like this one just blue from what i read (so no BSoD in case anyone thought that):

201706082019072ticr539n1.jpg

Maybe i will translate some more interesting posts later.

Thank you!

i have now read everything, and there is not much more really interesting imo. some people claim to have solutions (window mode, delete appdata, run x64 and removing startup parameters), others say that they don't work (at least for the Kamenka issue).

they also claim that they don't have issues anymore but other communites still seem to have problems. so their conclusion is, that avoiding the problematic area(s) seems to help.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Did you delete config file?

Good point! nope...will do.

• Like 2

Can't believe the annoying bird noise!!  Sounds like Tanoa jungle only I'm in a city.  I thought this had been fixed.

Sorted the Trackir  via a refreshed cfg in DayZ, but man, even with all of the smoothing turned to ZERO the Trackir is like looking through a drunk guys eye..sloppy and not precise enough to play effectively at the moment. What's happened to make it go from being precise to the current state?

Cheers

11 hours ago, zap44 said:

Can't believe the annoying bird noise!!  Sounds like Tanoa jungle only I'm in a city.  I thought this had been fixed.

I rarely notice them now. Guess I got used to them. I think they are good were they are now, to be honest.

• Like 3

Just curious Baty, is the Trackir functionality still being worked on i.e. sluggish movement of head, I literally fell like my character is drunk now. 

5 hours ago, -Greenie- said:

Just curious Baty, is the Trackir functionality still being worked on i.e. sluggish movement of head, I literally fell like my character is drunk now. 

I changed back to experimental to check on this, for me and several others from the tracker issue about the TrackIR (T124990), the problems with the sluggishness stopped with the second TrackIR related update on June 30th.

For me everything is fine now tbh. No twitches, no delay, no sluggishness. Latest TrackIR software und game version, TIR5

1 hour ago, moeb1us said:

I changed back to experimental to check on this, for me and several others from the tracker issue about the TrackIR (T124990), the problems with the sluggishness stopped with the second TrackIR related update on June 30th.

For me everything is fine now tbh. No twitches, no delay, no sluggishness. Latest TrackIR software und game version, TIR5

Interesting..I just ram Arma 3 up again to make sure I wasn't dreaming and it is perfect. I'll try again.

Good news, I re-switched to EXP and tried it again...whamoo! its perfect again.

Phew, Trackir just makes the game super extraordinary imho..cheers for the nudge.

• Like 1

R.I.P. DayZ RainServer. He left us.

I would like to thank once again that we have this "special" exp. Server. It was a pleasure to make some tests in this hostile environment.

It is not self-evident that we have received such a thing.

Thanks to the team.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Sqeezorz said:

R.I.P. DayZ RainServer. He left us.

I would like to thank once again that we have this "special" exp. Server. It was a pleasure to make some tests in this hostile environment.

It is not self-evident that we have received such a thing.

Thanks to the team.

I enjoyed playing on this server as well.  Hopefully harsher weather is something the devs will continue to monitor and we can enjoy it again in future updates!

• Like 4

I will check why is rain server down.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

I will check why is rain server down.

Well it was definitely down earlier this morning but it looks like DayZ Rain DE 0-5 (Experimental/Unstable) is back up!   Thanks Baty!

(and try not to shoot the guy in the yellow armband Sqeezorz!)

• Like 3