Sign in to follow this  
Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136845

cannot place fireplace in furnace on stable version or experimental.spawn in rain and its gonna be sure death.
am i only one here with problem`?

Edited by kopo79

40 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

cannot place fireplace in furnace on stable version or experimental.spawn in rain and its gonna be sure death.
am i only one here with problem`?

Reported this in just a few posts before you  ;)

1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Will we see a patch with vehicles tomorrow?

Dare I dream of such a possibility?

Doh!  I've been running around looking for this because i thought the status report said they were in!  Haha, whoops

• Like 2

One major issue that bugs me is the srcolling down within the inventory.. its so so slow.. hope there will be a fix for this soon.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MyBraiNz said:

One major issue that bugs me is the srcolling down within the inventory.. its so so slow.. hope there will be a fix for this soon.

I know this is a minor thing but I gotta admit it drives me nuts, too.  I've gotten in the habit of just collapsing everything except my backpack and putting protector cases, medkits and/or pots in my clothing and hot-barring relevant items.  No/minimal scrolling then.

Edited by sanguine00
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, MyBraiNz said:

You're not the only one, I'd like it if it used PgUp PgDn personally, my mouse has buttons on the side for that and it's become second nature. It always pisses me off that the UI kind of looks like windows but doesn't work exactly the same. 

• Like 1

I'm one of the last to complain about things being "too hard" but shock damage from zeds seems a little high right now.  I don't mind the fight, the bleeding and the running & hiding to bandage - and forget the ruined helmets and clothes, they can be replaced- but when a zed knocks you dead in one shot, ugh, that's harsh.  Maybe it's just me but I think zed-shock needs to be tuned down a bit.

2 hours ago, GaryWalnuts said:

but when a zed knocks you dead in one shot, ugh, that's harsh.

Is it possible it knocked you out and then finished you off while you were unconscious?

That isn't technically a 1 shot kill.

Emu was knocked out by a Zed in stable when he was hurt but his status was bugged so I had to kill him with his own axe.... but the infected didn't actually one shot him but would have probably finished him off had I not been there.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Is it possible it knocked you out and then finished you off while you were unconscious?

I suppose it's possible but if I was unconscious beforehand it was only for a split second. The last one I was in Krasnostav wearing a pristine skate helmet and damaged raincoat, had 5000 blood and health was about 4200 and regenerating.  My melee engagement with the zed was thus: I swung a farming hoe and missed, he swung and hit, then You are dead.  It's not so much a complaint as I'm well aware that they're fine-tuning the zeds right now.  Just throwing it out there so it doesn't go unnoticed.

For what it's worth every engagement has not been like this, I've had plenty where I took a few hits, even from multiple zeds and had to bandage up.  Just a few surprising encounters in short order led me to believe that shock might be a bit supercharged right now.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

I suppose it's possible but if I was unconscious beforehand it was only for a split second. The last one I was in Krasnostav wearing a pristine skate helmet and damaged raincoat, had 5000 blood and health was about 4200 and regenerating.  My melee engagement with the zed was thus: I swung a farming hoe and missed, he swung and hit, then You are dead.  It's not so much a complaint as I'm well aware that they're fine-tuning the zeds right now.  Just throwing it out there so it doesn't go unnoticed.

For what it's worth every engagement has not been like this, I've had plenty where I took a few hits, even from multiple zeds and had to bandage up.  Just a few surprising encounters in short order led me to believe that shock might be a bit supercharged right now.

that would indeed be very harsh. i mean he could have broken your neck, but i don'T think this is ingame, so it's propably a bug.

did you by any chance remember what "last damage" said? anything differen than zombie_base?

• Like 1

Unfortunately I didn't think to look at last damage.  I'll do a little bit of zombie headbanging today and see what results I get.

\m/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GaryWalnuts said:

I swung a farming hoe and missed, he swung and hit, then You are dead.

Yeah that doesn't sound like a KO situation.

An infected dealing that much damage in 1 strike is OP to say the least.

I want a chance for quick KO in melee but 1 shot death wearing head protection, not so much.

• Like 1

Reading all this I think the (shock) damage is a bit bugged now and therefore can kill you in 1 hit or ruin your clothing in 1 hit. Or maybe it's an experiment, who knows? We'll see it change eventually if the developers and/or players don't like it. :)

Might jump in Experimental today to fiddle around a bit with the infected and maybe test how harsh BioHaze's food poisoning is. :P

Edit:

7 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

Notice came up that servers are stopping.  Update incoming?

Reveal hidden contents

jlrHNdR.jpg

Edited by IMT
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, IMT said:

maybe test how harsh BioHaze's food poisoning is. :P

I survived, no problem, and all sick indicators went away.

I rebounded at about 800 blood and had enough food to wait for a little while and heal.

I got sick at +/- 4500 blood and lost a little blood to fighting infected searching for charcoal before I hunkered down to heal.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, IMT said:

Or maybe it's an experiment, who knows? We'll see it change eventually if the developers and/or players don't like it. :)

or maybe the zeds require a bit more respect than I've been giving them this build :)

If that's the case it could be a good thing but I think it's important to be able to distract them too.  If I make a long run to find a Fire Station and there's 3 zeds inside ... I might decide to avoid it completely.  OK.  But it would be a lot better if I could distract them - toss a few stones or a flare - or start a fire in the middle of town to get them interested, then sneak in behind.

7 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

- toss a few stones or a flare -

I think this is in place/working currently.

We should test tossing different stuff to distract them sometime soon.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I think this is in place/working currently.

We should test tossing different stuff to distract them sometime soon.

Oh wow!  I wasn't aware of that.  I'm going to test that out pronto.

2 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Yeah that doesn't sound like a KO situation.

An infected dealing that much damage in 1 strike is OP to say the least.

I want a chance for quick KO in melee but 1 shot death wearing head protection, not so much.

Hicks, explained this to me a patch or two ago. You have the shock factor.

I tested it with 4000 heath, and 3000 blood approx i was KO and finished off or was i? i hit re spawn maybe too soon???

I tested it with 2 infected, and was KO'ed much the same as the video, but before i could go below 4500 health and 4000 blood.

Lucky strike, i guess but was i finished off? most likely it was infected after all. I hit re spawn.

I was recording, and SS these events. It appears it was the shock factor that got us, now that we can see our blood and heath status we will think it is not working as intended.

So not true and i will not pretend to know the data how KO is done, or the so called "Shock" factor.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Hicks, explained this to me a patch or two ago. You have the shock factor.

I tested it with 4000 heath, and 3000 blood approx i was KO and finished off or was i? i hit re spawn maybe too soon???

I tested it with 2 infected, and was KO'ed much the same as the video, but before i could go below 4500 health and 4000 blood.

Lucky strike, i guess but was i finished off? most likely it was infected after all. I hit re spawn.

I was recording, and SS these events. It appears it was the shock factor that got us, now that we can see our blood and heath status we will think it is not working as intended.

So not true and i will not pretend to know the data how KO is done, or the so called "Shock" factor.

Are you sure he was talking about AI having shock damage? As far as I know a player goes unconscious when their blood is lower than 500 or their shock damage is higher than their blood. I have a screenshot where I have been attacked by wolves and my blood on the screenshot is 548 and I didn't go unconscious. Might be that wolves don't have shock damage and infected do, hard to say.

16 minutes ago, IMT said:

Are you sure he was talking about AI having shock damage? As far as I know a player goes unconscious when their blood is lower than 500 or their shock damage is higher than their blood. I have a screenshot where I have been attacked by wolves and my blood on the screenshot is 548 and I didn't go unconscious. Might be that wolves don't have shock damage and infected do, hard to say.

Yes, it was shock i was in when dieing with so much heath-blood and i may have prematurely hit re-spawn without seeing if i would get back up.

I can not comment on the whole system, as i do not know the exact math or exactly what Hicks was mentioning. One thing i do understand is i was KO from 1 hit to the arm. Full 5000, full 5000 droped to 2500 heath but was KO'ed

unknown if i was prematurely hitting re spawn to not sit and wait for "Your dead Message"

Question: is it just me or is Steam not working at the moment? It doesn't connect to Steam and I was wondering if I was the only one with this problem which prevents me of course from playing Experimental at the moment.

7 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Yes, it was shock i was in when dieing with so much heath-blood and i may have prematurely hit re-spawn without seeing if i would get back up.

I can not comment on the whole system, as i do not know the exact math or exactly what Hicks was mentioning. One thing i do understand is i was KO from 1 hit to the arm. Full 5000, full 5000 droped to 2500 heath but was KO'ed

unknown if i was prematurely hitting re spawn to not sit and wait for "Your dead Message"

I guess I might run some tests with the infected then.

5 minutes ago, IMT said:

Question: is it just me or is Steam not working at the moment? It doesn't connect to Steam and I was wondering if I was the only one with this problem which prevents me of course from playing Experimental at the moment.

Yeah steam has been down for some time now, a few hours I'd say.  I was hoping to play with some zeds too

https://steamstat.us/

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, IMT said:

Please do, i had to understand it and asked. Hicks responded right away squashing any idea of bugs. I am happy to say he did right away.

Called it shock, which is exactly what i felt at 4000hp, and 3000blood aprox, i also 1 shot a guy rushing me with a .22 to the chest he fell down and started to bleed out. I put 2 more rounds into him and he disappeared off of my screen but left his backpack and axe on the ground but no body.

(This was for the KOS guys on exp) I did that kill for revenge of someone charging at me. @biohaze and @emuthreat and anyone else getting constantly kos'ed while testing on exp. Deserves them right.

I didn't expect that to happen.

Yes please do, share your data please. Ill keep an eye on mine too.

Edited by sneakydude