Sign in to follow this  
Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136845

Ate an uncooked mackerel fillet found on an infected and got sick.

Not sure why I forgot it needs to be cooked.

Zombie sushi seemed to take about 3,000 blood but after what seemed like a bugged vomiting sequence (saying im about to vomit and then going through an animation without sound), I am now gaining blood again, hiding in a house.

Infected aggro is tweaked, they are seemingly more sensitive to environmental sounds, and sounds of melee.

They now also will walk faster in spurts instead of just walking the same speed and will walk faster when tracking in general.

It seems they will not vocalize until they see a player now as well.

Infected seem to be striking low and high and I've had some clothes ruined....

*Version match in server browser does not seem to be working currently.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Ate an uncooked mackerel fillet found on an infected and got sick.

Not sure why I forgot it needs to be cooked.

Zombie sushi seemed to take about 3,000 blood but after what seemed like a bugged vomiting sequence (saying im about to vomit and then going through an animation without sound), I am now gaining blood again, hiding in a house.

Infected aggro is tweaked, they are seemingly more sensitive to environmental sounds, and sounds of melee.

They now also will walk faster in spurts instead of just walking the same speed and will walk faster when tracking in general.

It seems they will not vocalize until they see a player now as well.

Infected seem to be striking low and high and I've had some clothes ruined....

*Version match in server browser does not seem to be working currently.

Awesome, seeing testing still going strong. Sorry been sick, haven't been in the mood to test, will be back soon though.

11 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Sorry been sick,

Get well soon.

I'm starting my stable journeys until tomorrow myself...

• Like 1

Currently very curious about various "snaps" and "whiz" sounds with different type of ammo and weapons configuration.

Does the suppressed shots, since subsonic, not make any supersonic shockwave, or "crack"? Like .45 ACP shouldn't make one, but 5.56 should, and so on.

I'm wondering if it's already applied. Most people are back on stable, so it's tough to test... 

• Like 2

I heard some supersonic snaps when being shot at today. I'm pretty sure they fixed it, but it's not stated in the patch notes. 

For some reason i'm getting some weird frame drops more than usual also. -Stable branch

Edited by zin0

2 hours ago, zin0 said:

I heard some supersonic snaps when being shot at today. I'm pretty sure they fixed it, but it's not stated in the patch notes. 

For some reason i'm getting some weird frame drops more than usual also. -Stable branch

Well, I know the sounds (snaps) are back in experimental, but I was wondering if the supersonic shockwaves are only applied to the correct configuration, or if they just added them to all weapons. From Hicks' posts and replies, it seems they have added them only to supersonic round, and anything firing at less than 900ft/sec doesn't have the sound effects. 

I just wanted to test all the weapons and rounds, with suppressors on and off to see if it was "authentic".  :)

• Like 1

Infected definitely got a bit of a buff.  I bled a lot more and had a rider's jacket ruined in one hit.  And of course "shirtless old man" is the feistiest of all.  Maybe a lighter load on the Experimental servers has something to do with it?  They were definitely faster.

Also, <3Brian<3 :

o9bHmGh.png

Edited by sanguine00
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, sanguine00 said:

Infected definitely got a bit of a buff.  I bled a lot more and had a rider's jacket ruined in one hit.  And of course "shirtless old man" is the feistiest of all.  Maybe a lighter load on the Experimental servers has something to do with it?  They were definitely faster.

Also, <3Brian<3 :

Reveal hidden contents

o9bHmGh.png

I don't know what condition your jacket was in but if it went from pristine to ruined in 1 hit that would put me definitely off. Let's hope it's a bug and not a feature. I like the idea of getting clothes getting ruined but not when you just found it and the next infected hits you three times and it went from pristine to ruined.

1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

DsuUCet.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

GuePC1X.jpg

WuuhSxN.jpg

hFxJ6dW.jpg

UHDkZSe.jpg

2wZDHVr.jpg

LKbQRbN.jpg

tJG379y.jpg

bCCEeYc.jpg

BqqBfW0.jpg

Looking at your messages you've got cholera, R.I.P. With that amount of blood you're not going to survive unless someone feeds you saline or a blood bag.

2 hours ago, IMT said:

Looking at your messages you've got cholera, R.I.P. With that amount of blood you're not going to survive unless someone feeds you saline or a blood bag.

nah he only got "FoodPoisoning_MediumImpact".

still thats dangerous, and whenever i tried to eat something just to test if it's safe (animal lard) i can't seem to find any charcoal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HaseDesTodes said:

nah he only got "FoodPoisoning_MediumImpact".

still thats dangerous, and whenever i tried to eat something just to test if it's safe (animal lard) i can't seem to find any charcoal.

Hmm, I guess it shares the same messages as cholera then. Because the "I feel tired" and "I feel worn-out" is a typical message you would get when you have caught cholera.

Fix the gamma thing also then to make it more realistic, otherwise you put your gamma to the maximum, minimize game maximize it again and there you go complete daylight even though it's Night time in game.

• Like 1

Loving the new zombies.  Extra attentive and aggressive!!  Although one of them did chase me forever and never slowed down like it has in the past.  Intended?  It was the guy in the white T...

The one issue i am having and also had in recent past is trying to place fireplaces in the fireplace unit in the brown/black wooden houses.  It lets me try to play it on ground, but not in fireplace.  I think this could use some work.  Otherwise pretty great update so far.

• Like 1

Can someone please help me confirm....i have never been able to use the MAP in game when finding them.  Usually i find the whole map loot but never works.  Is this known?  Videos i've seen people got it to work..but i never have.  Keep in mind i recently returned during .61 so havent really tested this in the past and maybe its a recent known issue.

FYI, i do have it bound to key M.  I either have it in hand or pockets and can never pull up map.  Wondering if i am missing something.  Thanks

Edited by jcae2798

11 minutes ago, jcae2798 said:

Can someone please help me confirm....i have never been able to use the MAP in game when finding them.  Usually i find the whole map loot but never works.  Is this known?  Videos i've seen people got it to work..but i never have.  Keep in mind i recently returned during .61 so havent really tested this in the past and maybe its a recent known issue.

FYI, i do have it bound to key M.  I either have it in hand or pockets and can never pull up map.  Wondering if i am missing something.  Thanks

usually it worked by asigning the map to a hotkey (1-0) and then pressing it. it just not works atm, at least not for me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, IMT said:

I don't know what condition your jacket was in but if it went from pristine to ruined in 1 hit that would put me definitely off. Let's hope it's a bug and not a feature. I like the idea of getting clothes getting ruined but not when you just found it and the next infected hits you three times and it went from pristine to ruined.

It was either worn or pristine.  I don't often wear rider's jackets but I seem to recall an issue where that particular jacket could get ruined in one zombie hit.  Maybe the zombie buff caused that issue to re-emerge.

8 hours ago, IMT said:

you're not going to survive unless someone feeds you saline or a blood bag.

If you read my text at the top of the page I did survive without medicine, I just needed to be careful not lose any more blood to fighting infected and ride out the vomiting sequence.

Once I puked up the zombie sushi, I immediately started to gain blood.

36 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

If you read my text at the top of the page I did survive without medicine, I just needed to be careful not lose any more blood to fighting infected and ride out the vomiting sequence.

Once I puked up the zombie sushi, I immediately started to gain blood.

That was because I was under the impression that you had cholera. I never had food poisoning I believe so no idea how hard it is to survive that, let's find out I guess? :D But yeah, if it was cholera and you were at the 2 k blood you said you were you would not have made it without help. I barely made it while I had around 4 k blood. Cholera is a nasty disease in DayZ, maybe the nastiest of them all. Ever since I survived it I stopped drinking pond water and always making sure I drink clean water unless I'm healthy and even then I try to avoid it. :P

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

You know how the sun shadows move in noticeable ticks and I think the same is with swaying tree shadows (which should be the same cause)? Can anything be done to smooth that out? Client side interpolation for the shadow position if its got something to do with the server enforcing time/sun? 

If the server enforces sun position and shadows cast by the environment are calculated only on that tick, why can't the shadows be calculated every frame client side for moving objects like clouds and trees (if clouds could cast partial shade on the landscape)? Why can't the sun position be interpolated every frame in between the authoritative server sun positions?

The reason I think sun position might be serverside is because of the issues with time desync and 24/7 daytime hacks that the game had. Sun position interpolation might open up a hole to do time of day hacks.

How does it actually work? I'm just guessing here.

I was recording some footage in 1080p for an upscaled 4K video for YT, to see how much better i could get quality on YT.. and this happened with 3 infected.

Bleeding out isnt fun, especially to infected :) to be fair i was a freshie that hadnt eaten or drank anything though.

12 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

Well, I know the sounds (snaps) are back in experimental, but I was wondering if the supersonic shockwaves are only applied to the correct configuration, or if they just added them to all weapons. From Hicks' posts and replies, it seems they have added them only to supersonic round, and anything firing at less than 900ft/sec doesn't have the sound effects. 

I just wanted to test all the weapons and rounds, with suppressors on and off to see if it was "authentic".  :)

I've been getting shot even up close and i've been hearing snaps, i'm talking between 50-200 meters away. It's not as loud as the previous snap sound, but still very noticeable. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sanguine00 said:

It was either worn or pristine.  I don't often wear rider's jackets but I seem to recall an issue where that particular jacket could get ruined in one zombie hit.  Maybe the zombie buff caused that issue to re-emerge.

I had a tac shirt ruined in one hit this morning.  I hung around Elektro fighting Infected - as some have said much more aggressive and dangerous:  out of 10-15 fights, I bled at least 2/3 of the time and had 4 articles of clothing ruined.  It does seem that you can jump walls, run through houses (i.e., break line of sight for long enough) and lose infected.   

• Like 1

What, no patch today?!

Slackers!!

Kidding of course....

Will we see a patch with vehicles tomorrow?

Dare I dream of such a possibility?

D8

• Like 1