Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136821

First of our post stable update exp builds:

- Attempted fix for ammo splitting issue
- Adjustment to issue causing status modifiers to become stuck
- Lightsources adjustment
- Bullet "Whiz/Flyby" volume changes

We'll have some of the servers with persistence off for some back end testing we're doing, and we'll be messing with AI population for the purposes of profiling. Other than that, not too much different with this build.

As always, when a build is on Exp/Unstable it is there for testing - so the aim is to find out if these changes were effective. Please file tickets on any issues you find at feedback.dayz.com.
Expect character wipes for every exp update moving forward folks!

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

- Infected reaction speed may be reduced
- Character modifiers/status can become stuck or not update properly
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
- Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
- Issues with door states can occur
- Damage being delayed

It looks like we may be testing 75 player servers on some instances - this does not mean anything - don't get too hyped, it just means the team wants to see data on this.

• Like 7

Brian, any chance to see that BDU jacket in-game? Maybe as a Christmas surprise?
Btw, awesome job you guys are doing! 

Edited by Redseven
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Redseven said:

any chance to see that BDU jacket in-game?

This would be awesome! :D

• Like 1

I've noticed some servers popping up beside official ones. Are those the same 0.61 version as I'm not fond of getting wiped on a daily bases, ghillie gone to waste ^_^

Handslot duplication method not fix.

I wrote my feedback on private bug report.

Please fix it :(

Edited by FatihScope

52 minutes ago, Bonappetit said:

I've noticed some servers popping up beside official ones. Are those the same 0.61 version as I'm not fond of getting wiped on a daily bases, ghillie gone to waste ^_^

me too!!! Hicks save us please!! good job btw 

oops that was next topic..

Edited by PongoZ

1 hour ago, Bonappetit said:

Well you have to understand, all servers can get wiped with any major version change.

Since the dev team is improving everything, you may see more wipes down the road. Exp is a different thing, its unstable and only if you plan to test on it do so,

otherwise its best to stick to stable to play on, in case it lasts longer the gear. But never get attached to your gear, until we go live with the game.

Just warning you and many others out there, gear is a bad thing to get attached to while it is in alpha, beta.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FatihScope said:

Handslot duplication method not fix.

I wrote my feedback on private bug report.

Please fix it :(

They are processing everything and moving forward at the same time. All the major bugs will be fixed. Been here long enough to know the process, and the updates are flowing rather nicely. Stay with them, its improving.

I don't see why people don't understand why wipes need to happen, especially on Experimental.

Think of it as practice for each new patch, at getting geared up as quickly as possible.  By the time this hits stable, I'll have an assault rifle, a Longhorn, and a barrel full of meat in no time.

Oh wait, it is on Stable.  I gotta get back to looking for a box of nails to make my ugly-ass leather ensemble again...

• Like 2

Stable was wiped yesterday when .61 was pushed.  Even though it went to Stable, .61 is still under development on the Experimental Branch, and you should expect to see at least one wipe of .61 stable when the final iteration of .61 Exp. gets pushed to the Stable Branch.

I don't know when that would be, or even if it is guaranteed to happen, but I figure it has a 99.95% chance of happening this way.  We've seen this before with the .58 wipes a couple weeks into Stable, when they fixed persistence from being wiped by dynamic events like helicrashes despawning.

• Like 2

but you have delete 0.61 stable topic? i not see.. anyway i have a bug.. my head is without texture.. all black ..

Edited by mattew1

1 hour ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Is anyone else getting really bad lag o\and desync with this patch?

Lots of stuttering.  It wasn't bc other players were nearby either (as I spawned near Olsha and beelined to Tents outside of Svet, Novo industrial guard houses, Novo Police Station then Kamensk military and Tisy Military - pretty sure I was first to all based on loot and crate doors).  BTW, Lots of Coyote, Alice, and mil clothing.  Plenty of CMAGs and STANAGs.  Didn't see any boxed SKS ammo. Didn't see a single AKM or AKM mag. Saw a single AK101 and 2 FNXs.  One SKS.  In both military bases.  If that's the loot level, look for some crying.

Brian please remove the dynamic crosshair, thanks :)

And thank you for continue pushing for updates, although I don't really get why the supersonic cracks get fixed one day after push to stable :D

1 hour ago, sneakydude said:

Well you have to understand, all servers can get wiped with any major version change.

Since the dev team is improving everything, you may see more wipes down the road. Exp is a different thing, its unstable and only if you plan to test on it do so,

otherwise its best to stick to stable to play on, in case it lasts longer the gear. But never get attached to your gear, until we go live with the game.

Just warning you and many others out there, gear is a bad thing to get attached to while it is in alpha, beta.

I've lost more then 20 characters on this particular patch due to wipes, didn't got used to seeing these many frequent updates, which is a good thing though :) 

So I guess, even those unofficial servers have to update simultaneously as well.

1 hour ago, emuthreat said:

Stable was wiped yesterday when .61 was pushed.  Even though it went to Stable, .61 is still under development on the Experimental Branch, and you should expect to see at least one wipe of .61 stable when the final iteration of .61 Exp. gets pushed to the Stable Branch.

I don't know when that would be, or even if it is guaranteed to happen, but I figure it has a 99.95% chance of happening this way.  We've seen this before with the .58 wipes a couple weeks into Stable, when they fixed persistence from being wiped by dynamic events like helicrashes despawning.

Thanks, had no idea it got pushed to stable as well. I also don't mind the wipes much. Was mostly wondering about those other servers, was slightly confused :)

Edited by Bonappetit

Woah...over 6 months since the last stable update?

Are we looking at 2025 release date, or what?

Happy Christmas all. Congrats to the team getting a solid release to stable.

Let's not do any hotfixes until the new year.

feeling cold indicator still stuck seems to make regaining health impossible

Back door on log inns is now stuck. tried about a dozen of them. no open indicator comes up

oops typed not instead of now...

Edited by PongoZ