Sign in to follow this  
ShallowTech

.61 to Stable, be prepared!

Just wanted to post a little advice for players for .61 build. Stock up on antibiotics and if it is raining, make sure you have a place to stay warm and dry! :-) Oh and watch out for the wolves!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

Oh and watch out for the wolves!

That's putting it mildly. Anyone who hasn't experienced them yet is in for a surprise!

Do Vitamins or Antibiotics work in game when you sick ? I really need to know that...

1 hour ago, BAHADIR said:

Do Vitamins or Antibiotics work in game when you sick ? I really need to know that...

If you're sick, use Charcoal Tabs :)

• Like 1

@Espa I know but I only wondering the vitamin bottles and antibiotics. Do these really work ?

I am not sure, anytime we have encountered infection or sickness we normally die from it or something else before we can find either! However, now that we have a camp and some storage, if I get sick I will try it out.

• Like 1

Anti biotics don't do anything for you neither do vitamins. If you're sick, throw up a couple times and pop some charcoal tabs.

• Like 2

After an hour of playing with the new stable I noticed an increase of the infected number (good change in my opinion) and, at the moment, no dramatic change in loot distribution.

I visited one of the newest military outposts and I liked it.

I have had a friendly encounter with a guy that gifted to me a binocular (thx a lot unknown guy) and shared with me some player group movement in the neighbourhoods

Yes more Zombies are better and they move faster from what I can tell. The wolves are also very difficult to kill. Overall it seems like a good update to me.

A strange thing happened to me yesterday.

I walked for a long time under the rain without becoming damp. The hunger-thirst indicators were inactive too.

1 hour ago, oldfossil said:

I walked for a long time under the rain without becoming damp. The hunger-thirst indicators were inactive too.

One of the issues that the devs are currently working on is that statuses don't always update properly.   Be warned, the next time you log in everything might update all at once.   You could suddenly be overheating or hypothermic, full to the point of vomiting or maybe starving - depending on what you did while your status wasn't updating.  Be prepared for the worst.

• Like 1

i have been playing maybe two hours for every four days and status bar were bugged all the time.no need to to drink or eat.im just energised and hydrated.stopped playing because of that cos its just boring

20 minutes ago, kopo79 said:

i have been playing maybe two hours for every four days and status bar were bugged all the time.no need to to drink or eat.im just energised and hydrated.stopped playing because of that cos its just boring

Try switching to a different server and see if that fixes it.  It's worked for me.

22 hours ago, GaryWalnuts said:

One of the issues that the devs are currently working on is that statuses don't always update properly.   Be warned, the next time you log in everything might update all at once.   You could suddenly be overheating or hypothermic, full to the point of vomiting or maybe starving - depending on what you did while your status wasn't updating.  Be prepared for the worst.

I logged in today, I was only damp, but it was raining. I wandered around Kamenka and I got hypothermic. I tried to make a fireplace, but in the wilderness it was impossible because the rain, inside the buildings (with the built in fireplace) it was impossible because it was not safe (!!!) so I died... In this new game release the rain is a threat far worse than Z's or wolves or hostlie players and I suggest some review about its effects on the players.

55 minutes ago, oldfossil said:

In this new game release the rain is a threat far worse than Z's or wolves or hostlie players and I suggest some review about its effects on the players.

I believe it's getting some tweaking as we speak, have a look at this thread here

• Like 1

find a rain coat as soon as possible and just wear it, even if it has less storage.  more storage is meaningless if you die and lose everything.  being hot goes away if you stand still for a few seconds, and being cold takes forever to go away.  so definitely err on the side of being too warm.  apparently standing under a tree will keep you dry in the rain too, so you'll just die from starvation instead of hypothermia.  lol

fill your empty pack space with firewood and and matches or a hand drill.  you can always drop them later when you need space, but it beats standing in the rain scraping a tree while you're freezing to death.  hypothermia happens VERY quickly, and death comes very quickly after that.  can't stress that enough.

a stick seems to be the best melee weapon against zombies.  when you attack a zombie in melee (with the stick) he's staggered back a bit, and then he comes back swinging, but if you press ahead before he recovers or pin him against something he doesn't get a chance to attack you.

carry extra rags - you will bleed a lot.

leather (leather from animals) jackets have 9 slots now, and leather pants have 9 too.  and the leather vest now has 12 slots.  if you find wire, snares now seem to last for more tries and yield more rabbits.

Good advice, a pitchfork works as well, with three hits and the first attack by surprise you can kill a Z without problems.

Waterproof clothing is the better choice to avoid freezing 

On 12/29/2016 at 2:02 PM, oldfossil said:

This should be fixed now.

Today I have had enough time to save my carachter from hypothermia lighting a fire inside a red brick warehouse. It seems that the very last fix have delayed the sudden death by cold exposure fairly well. Anyway the freezing process still goes fast after becoming drenched by rain.