Sign in to follow this  
Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136428

Hey guys, we put out another exp update today - this one aimed at:

- Server crash fix (Not all of them!)
- Some gunshots not being triggered (looks like the fix didn't work)
- Desync of dropped items/gear (looks like the fix didn't work)
- Desync of equipped items/gear (looks like the fix didn't work)
- Some server perf tweaks
- Lightsource fade adjustments
- Infected attack mechanic changes

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

- Infected reaction speed may be reduced
- Character modifiers/status can become stuck or not update properly
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
- Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
- Issues with door states can occur
- Damage being delayed

Other issues include but are not limited to:

- Infected vocal sounds being too quiet
- Some players showing up nude
- Infected response to firearm types is uniform (aka suppressed weapons do not have the proper impact on them)
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry
- VOIP volume too loud

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Hey guys, we put out another exp update today - this one aimed at:

- Server crash fix (Not all of them!)
- Some gunshots not being triggered
- Desync of dropped items/gear
- Some server perf tweaks
- Lightsource fade adjustments

We're still working on improving server performance, which when poor can cause the following issues:

- Infected reaction speed may be reduced
- Character modifiers/status can become stuck or not update properly
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues (unable to move in a given direction)
- Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
- Issues with door states can occur
- Damage being delayed

Other issues include but are not limited to:

- Infected vocal sounds being too quiet
- Infected response to firearm types is uniform (aka suppressed weapons do not have the proper impact on them)
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry
- VOIP volume too loud

How about some more servers? Queues of 20+ are no exception. Which wouldnt be that bad unless you finally are no1 and it crashes and guess what: another queue of 20+

4 minutes ago, McWendy said:

How about some more servers? Queues of 20+ are no exception. Which wouldnt be that bad unless you finally are no1 and it crashes and guess what: another queue of 20+

Sorry, but we need to be testing at or above capacity, and that is what exp/unstable is specifically set up for - testing exclusively.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Sorry, but we need to be testing at or above capacity, and that is what exp/unstable is specifically set up for - testing exclusively.

I understand. But it makes me not wanna queue up. (Again)

8 minutes ago, McWendy said:

We all have to go through the same queues. If queueing is not for you, thats fine.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, McWendy said:

You don't like waiting to join?

I don't like waiting for the game to get finished, get in the EA mindset and take one for the team.

11 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

I don't like waiting for the game to get finished

In some ways, I'm not looking forward to the game reaching 1.0, even Beta. Once all the features are in I feel there will be less to look forward to, less discussion/speculation.

Still, it will be great to reach the finish line but participating in the journey has been half the fun.

Edited by Five_Seven_Clown
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Hmmm, I wonder what this means exactly.

I'll be in to check it out soon.

Thanks for updates devs!

*Yay wipe!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

fire station in zeleno.
the character on top of the tower is really full ...
military clothing, backpack and m4.

DQdciD8Rcugrez236P2qxFu6CfAtJx9IZMeCVnvFmg_XjrqUyz1nTyPuGHzn87eTzEEI9kni4X7qmSb7

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

We all have to go through the same queues. If queueing is not for you, thats fine.

Naval Action has a very good queue system in my opinion, when you are playing for a while and you lose connection for whatever reason, crash, internet disconnection, etc, the queue system gives you preference over players who are trying to enter the server at that moment and were not playing in it before, it gives you preference as long as you are connecting to the same server you were playing. A system like that would be nice for Dayz imo :P

Edited by Wili
  • Like 3

Was KoS'd by a naked-headless-no gun carrying camper in the Gorka police station.

I heard no shot, I had no gun out, they made no effort to interact.

You sir are nutless, gutless, champion of boring shit.

Congratulations.

Enjoy the.... apples?

• Like 4

I've killed 5 kos kiddies in the past three experimentals, lucky for me I was always sitting still enjoying a fire or a nice night inside a house while smoking some herb IRL so I always heard them sneaking up next to the house ... the first encounter two snuck against the front and back base of the two story house I had a fire in (those ones without a first floor) I only had a pistol and bow but I took them by surprise by rushing outside as they got into position ...

the last three were seperate encounters all of which started with me being knocked unconcious and left for dead or just being plain attacked by the dude for no reason with an axe, I was lucky to find and kill the first one and the last two I was fortunate enough to have a couple bullets ...

definitely an exciting build but lots of undesireable graphics / Desync glitches but besides that it's been a great experimental . I can't wait to continue moving forward and maybe see our vehicles back (missing them to death).

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Was KoS'd by a naked-headless-no gun carrying camper in the Gorka police station.

Congratulations.

Enjoy the.... apples?

Same exact thing happened to me yesterday. I just spawned in Elektro, and wanted to check the new mil spots and checkpoints, but was kos as a fresh spawn by naked-headless-no gun carrying camper at the green police guardhouse entering the city. 

So far I've been kos as a fresh spawn more in these exp builds than ever before, but I totally understand why : Hype. That's something that was never really present in experimental, but the hype for 0.60 was so big that it brought a slew of "content creators" that were not even playing the game a year ago. In 0.61, it's even bigger. If you check a few "big" youtubers, they are pvping in exp 0.61 all the time, looking to kill whatever player comes in their sight.

But, it's all part of DayZ. A part we don't really enjoy of course, but a part we have to accept and swallow...

• Like 5

logged in short after the patch and first BE message displayed was

Player "enter cool kiddie name here" was kicked...

Battleye global ban ...

there are so many ***** out there, unbelievable

• Like 4

Played a bit in Elektro, everyone was naked and I saw a man warming up by 2 fires. Later I went into the trains and started picking off zeds with my trumpet from the slight elevation. It ended up aggroing about 30 zombies on me, and I killed them all with a baseball bat. The commotion drew in 2 people and one of them took a liking to the zombies asking me to not kill them. He ended up herding them down the street and said he was gonna take them to Cherno!

B7LhA3P.jpg

I went on to Staroye and went to the police station when I saw something in the window.

Is that a player...? Yes... is he aiming at me...? *You are unconscious* *You are dead.* Dammit.

• Like 6

New weapon hype?!

5kYCTIQ.jpg

58 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Congratulations.

Enjoy the.... apples?

Should you respond, where did you go after your little camping trip? We wanted some fun but you already left. :(

Edited by IMT
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, IMT said:

New weapon hype?!

Reveal hidden contents

5kYCTIQ.jpg

thats only the snaploader for the double barrel shotgun with ammo taken out i think.

no new weapons until new player controller, afair

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, HaseDesTodes said:

thats only the snaploader for the double barrel shotgun with ammo taken out i think.

I see it now, thank you for clarifying my confusion. Just ignore my reaction people, nothing to see here, move along!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, HaseDesTodes said:

had the same "ähmm" effect with this empty snaploader for the double barrel shotgun.

its like you said, its only an empty snaploader

• Like 2

Experienced being pushed by a zombie into "model geometry" yesterday.   Was up on the catwalk in one of the big red metal barns, had a zombie running towards me, so I tried to run past it but instead I was pushed through the railings and fell to my death. 

• Like 3

Having a run just now noticed and can confirm some things.; 

People in underwear all around (even tho they're not naked as told)

Had a server crash no biggie but when returning my mate stood still in my screen but he said he was running around. I could even cuff him. 

Status bars looks the be running solid now. 

All in all good .61

• Like 1

Tried some melee with infected and things seemed to work fairly well on my end.

Ended up at Gorka police station again and this time came out with a CR handgun with 2 mags and short pump action shotgun.

Hunted some cows and then ran North to hunker down and heal a bit.

IMT caught up with me at the end and contributed his steaks to the menu.

exQeLgS.jpg

So fugly....

bmj6rHQ.jpg

Bye for now.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Five_Seven_Clown said:

In some ways, I'm not looking forward to the game reaching 1.0, even Beta. Once all the features are in I feel there will be less to look forward to, less discussion/speculation.

Still, it will be great to reach the finish line but participating in the journey has been half the fun.

I wasn't bitching, I want it done right just point out the logic he doesn't want to wait a few minutes to log in and his solution is to possibly hold development a few minutes by not stressing the servers.

6 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Hmmm, I wonder what this means exactly.

I'll be in to check it out soon.

Thanks for updates devs!

*Yay wipe!

Did a little run this morning and had two instances that seemed the react quicker and more effectively to my footsteps even while sneaking. Had one with no line of sight on the other side of a house wander right around two corners to investigate me sprint sneaking in place. I had a second one that I could see in the street through a gap in a tall wooden fence come right through the gap and start scanning for me after I passed by, it was wandering the other way before I passed the gap.

A tweak I'd like to see is an in between speed when they think they think something is there that's faster than player sneaking speed, I can keep my distance too easy.

• Like 1

Talked with many players and I report the same issues:

1- Everyone is naked to each other;

2- You can't see what they are holding on, you can just see that they are holding something;

3- if you drop something to them to get it they will not see unless is a melee weapon or a backpack;

• Like 1

So had two sessions today, one where I played with GaryWalnuts and a bit with Brooks when we went on our hunt of the Gorka police station camper which killed BioHaze which didn't succeed unfortunately. My second session I tried to catch up with BioHaze which I managed to right before BioHaze needed to log off. We had our little cooking fest and I have to say them cows tasted good!

After that I decided to continue with my original plan: get up north to the new military spawns. And the first one I visited was Kamensk which I made a video of and uploaded it to YouTube. Now unfortunately it was at nighttime but I also found a bug which is shown in the video. You can't climb the wooden platform with sandbags and camo netting because the ladder is bugged (6:25 in the video). My character started twitching like crazy and could barely move from there, thought I was gonna die. Other than that, I have to say this is a job well done, devs! I didn't recognize the area where the original barracks were.

4 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

Same exact thing happened to me yesterday. I just spawned in Elektro, and wanted to check the new mil spots and checkpoints, but was kos as a fresh spawn by naked-headless-no gun carrying camper at the green police guardhouse entering the city. 

So far I've been kos as a fresh spawn more in these exp builds than ever before, but I totally understand why : Hype. That's something that was never really present in experimental, but the hype for 0.60 was so big that it brought a slew of "content creators" that were not even playing the game a year ago. In 0.61, it's even bigger. If you check a few "big" youtubers, they are pvping in exp 0.61 all the time, looking to kill whatever player comes in their sight.

But, it's all part of DayZ. A part we don't really enjoy of course, but a part we have to accept and swallow...

Don't get me wrong but I like PvP. But not the forced PvP. Sure, occasionally I do some forced PvP like I did 1 or 2 times in 0.60 when we all got bored. But for me, the best PvP are the random encounters. The encounters where you suddenly see the other person and vice versa. Encounters that have no prediction on how it's going to end, unlike the forced PvP where you will die eventually.

I had such an encounter 2 or 3 days ago where we saw each other and I decided to ignore him but of course keep an eye on him but he decided to shoot on sight and started aiming so I did the same. It ended badly for him and he payed with his blood and life for playing like that. I got some sweet loot and went on.

Sure, it sucks when you die but that's life. And trust me, as survival gets harder and harder you will see a drastic decrease in KoS.

I believe I had 3 encounters today, 1 unfriendly from my side, put a bullet through someone's head. But hey, don't hate me, he was already committing suicide as a fresh spawn with his flare so I thought I'd help him out a bit. :D Other two were in Cherno and Prigordki and they were both neutral. The one in Cherno was moving into Cherno and I was moving out. We kept an eye on each other, both wielding a firearm but didn't raise it or shoot it or what ever, just minded our own business and making sure the other person wouldn't make a move. The one in Prigordki gave me a small heart attack. I was just alive with 1500 blood because I was starving so any hit would knock me straight unconscious so I was already in an alert state. I enter a small shed and suddenly there is standing a player butt naked (alright in his underwear). I checked his pulse and thought he was AFK but then he moved and I got the hell out of that shed because of my low blood. I talked to him and he waved, I asked why he was naked and he typed back that it was a bug and he wasn't naked. I assumed that he didn't have a mic. and we went our ways.

So there is hope!

1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Tried some melee with infected and things seemed to work fairly well on my end.

Ended up at Gorka police station again and this time came out with a CR handgun with 2 mags and short pump action shotgun.

Hunted some cows and then ran North to hunker down and heal a bit.

IMT caught up with me at the end and contributed his steaks to the menu.

Reveal hidden contents

exQeLgS.jpg

So fugly....

Reveal hidden contents

bmj6rHQ.jpg

Bye for now.

Damn it Bio, you killed old Macey!

Edited by IMT
  • Like 3