Sign in to follow this  
Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136428

PvP and KoS is great, and it adds a lot to the game...

...in stable.

Trying to test stuff can be pretty difficult if you're getting shot at all the time. It's difficult enough with the server wipes. Regardless, people in exp are way more friendly than in stable - I've only been shot at a couple of times. Some of the people I've met have helped me test stuff - the clothes disappearing thing for example. Were a couple of things I regret not trying. I should have knocked him out to see if I could view his inventory, for example.

• Like 5

Haven't seen anyone today yet but I noticed last night that even though I was playing at and almost 400 ping yet my encounter with the other player seemed very smooth. I'm guessing he was an experienced player and doing the sniper shuffle trying to stay at the edge of my field of vision and seemed to be reacting fluidly to me doing the same. I wonder if the gear data not being sent or whatever is smoothing things along, I usually see a jerk when players change directions sidestepping on high ping servers.

I also found a suicide victim yesterday on my way through Electro who was showing up clothed but the living player I encountered later was in his undies.

• Like 2

If you're keeping score, I never complain about KoS as it relates to experimental.

I had a neutral encounter right after being KoS'd.

I was a little glib with the guy but I did tell him to avoid Gorka police station and then politely asked him to stop following.

As far as I'm concerned it's basically the same no matter where you're playing.

There are many good ways to avoid KoS.

I also haven't died from anything but being sniped in a very very long time.

I watch people pretty often, and move the opposite direction.....

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Must be a good day at BI, lots of updates and everything broken... arma too LMAO

I prefer that they try rather than the contrary...

Maybe we'll get a rare Friday patch tomorrow.

• Like 2

So I'll report in on my interaction experiences this new patch.  I spawned in Cherno 3pp and the first guy I saw in the firehouse chopped me down like a tree.  I did try to voice comm but he didn't respond - after taking an axe chop from him I decided that I wanted his coveted fireman's clothes and so I chased him down bleeding but that didn't end well for me.  IMT found my body :P.  My second spawn was in Solnichny.  I saw one freshie in town who was naked and another in the northern Berezino area.  Both ran off at the sight of me.  I saw another in the distance near Orvolets but I let him be.  At that point Biohaze joined into TS and we moved to 1pp and met up with IMT, then Brooks, where we were planning to get some interaction/revenge for Bio but nobody was home in Gorka police station.

All in all there seems to be a lot less voice comm than there used to be.  I don't expect anybody to be friendly, or even neutral, but how do you even know if nobody says hi anymore?   I don't know if if it's related to the in-game voip issues or just a different experimental player base than before - maybe it's a mixture of both, something has definitely changed. Just my 2c

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

So I'll report in on my interaction experiences this new patch.  I spawned in Cherno 3pp and the first guy I saw in the firehouse chopped me down like a tree.  I did try to voice comm but he didn't respond - after taking an axe chop from him I decided that I wanted his coveted fireman's clothes and so I chased him down bleeding but that didn't end well for me.  IMT found my body :P.  My second spawn was in Solnichny.  I saw one freshie in town who was naked and another in the northern Berezino area.  Both ran off at the sight of me.  I saw another in the distance near Orvolets but I let him be.  At that point Biohaze joined into TS and we moved to 1pp and met up with IMT, then Brooks, where we were planning to get some interaction/revenge for Bio but nobody was home in Gorka police station.

All in all there seems to be a lot less voice comm than there used to be.  I don't expect anybody to be friendly, or even neutral, but how do you even know if nobody says hi anymore?   I don't know if if it's related to the in-game voip issues or just a different experimental player base than before - maybe it's a mixture of both, something has definitely changed. Just my 2c

Players just want to play the game, cant blame them. .60 was out for a long time. So kick it with them, you have enough online to group up with.

1 hour ago, sneakydude said:

Players just want to play the game, cant blame them. .60 was out for a long time. So kick it with them, you have enough online to group up with.

Yeah I suppose that's true. I don't really blame them they're just playing like we are and we all have to adapt as development progresses.  But sometimes I think I'd rather hear get rekt nerd! than nothing.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

Yeah I suppose that's true. I don't really blame them they're just playing like we are and we all have to adapt as development progresses.  But sometimes I think I'd rather hear get rekt nerd! than nothing.

According to studies a lot of KOSers are self conscious of how their voice sounds when the get excited, on account of that whole waiting for their nuts to drop thing they're going through. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, IMT said:

Don't get me wrong but I like PvP. But not the forced PvP. Sure, occasionally I do some forced PvP like I did 1 or 2 times in 0.60 when we all got bored. But for me, the best PvP are the random encounters. The encounters where you suddenly see the other person and vice versa. Encounters that have no prediction on how it's going to end, unlike the forced PvP where you will die eventually.

I had such an encounter 2 or 3 days ago where we saw each other and I decided to ignore him but of course keep an eye on him but he decided to shoot on sight and started aiming so I did the same. It ended badly for him and he payed with his blood and life for playing like that. I got some sweet loot and went on.

Sure, it sucks when you die but that's life. And trust me, as survival gets harder and harder you will see a drastic decrease in KoS.

Oh, I know, and I'm not complaining against pvp in general, as I share the same opinion about the random pvp events. That's something very interesting and unique about DayZ. 

But, I've never enjoyed being killed as a fresh spawn. It's ironic, as I don't mind dying with my backpack full of stuff, but getting killed when you only have your pants on and you just spawned 10 minutes ago is annoying to me.

I love DayZ too much to keep a grudge or get mad anyway, as I hit respawn, and head back straight in. I didn't see my killer again, but met another fellow, and I warned him about the killer. I think he got scared, cause he only replied with "oh, thank you..." and ran off north.

• Like 4

Had a great time tonight. Met another fresh spawn around Three Valleys. We talked a bit and decided to team up. We then made our way to Novy Sobor, Stary, NWA and finally Tisy. It was nice seeing some of the changes made to the mili bases and checkpoints first hand. 

Desync wasn't too bad, but as we reached NWA, we experienced a terrible lag spike for 15-20 seconds, and also, items dropped to the ground were not always synced, like Hicks stated.

Other than that, it was a great run. We did encounter a wolf pack in the woods, but since we didn't have ammo, we tried and avoided them.

Cheers man, if you ever read this, it was nice meeting you!

deur0h.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, sneakydude said:

Must be a good day at BI, lots of updates and everything broken... arma too LMAO

What's wrong with ArmA? I'm still waiting for my modders to fix their mods so I can play again.

14 hours ago, FALLCWB said:

Talked with many players and I report the same issues:

1- Everyone is naked to each other;

2- You can't see what they are holding on, you can just see that they are holding something;

3- if you drop something to them to get it they will not see unless is a melee weapon or a backpack;

Yup, we're aware.

Looks like the intended fix didn't perform the intended job. We're working on this, its difficult to reproduce internally - thus, experimental ;)

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Yup, we're aware.

Looks like the intended fix didn't perform the intended job. We're working on this, its difficult to reproduce internally - thus, experimental ;)

Well, at least to do some further testing we can quickly fix this by re-logging in the server. After doing so, trading with the Finnish player I met and hearing gunshots was much better.

Keep it up fellas, and thanks for everything Brian.

• Like 2

Can't wait to play... tried to get it to run on my work laptop to jump in and get moving this morning but it is running slow. I tried it a week or so ago and the responsiveness on the laptop seemed acceptable but for some reason there seems to be framerate issues now. I did notice that when I changed my resolution from 1920x1080 to 1280 x 720, the launch UI would not work. Trying to click on play or configure again would actually click on my steam client and minimize DayZ.

Anyway, I have to say that I love all the new improvements with this game. I thought this game was lost and I am very happy to see it progressing. Once all the bugs are worked out and it is running smooth, it will be the best Zombie Apocalypse game out! It almost is in its current state. Hopefully I can get on and stream some soon! Anyone out there willing to help me with OBS and getting my shit together, I would greatly appreciate it! Looking forward to playing this weekend.

• Like 3

Just spawned in with my laptop... I am pretty sure it is unplayable. Either way, fresh spawn and ran into another fresh spawn who decided to beat on me. I played the game but then another came out of no where to do the same. Oh I can not wait to get on my gaming PC, gear up and go hunting for spawn campers :-) Any chance BI/DayZ has a discord server for players to group up? Been out of the loop for awhile!

9 minutes ago, ShallowTech said:

Can't wait to play... tried to get it to run on my work laptop to jump in and get moving this morning but it is running slow. I tried it a week or so ago and the responsiveness on the laptop seemed acceptable but for some reason there seems to be framerate issues now. I did notice that when I changed my resolution from 1920x1080 to 1280 x 720, the launch UI would not work. Trying to click on play or configure again would actually click on my steam client and minimize DayZ.

Anyway, I have to say that I love all the new improvements with this game. I thought this game was lost and I am very happy to see it progressing. Once all the bugs are worked out and it is running smooth, it will be the best Zombie Apocalypse game out! It almost is in its current state. Hopefully I can get on and stream some soon! Anyone out there willing to help me with OBS and getting my shit together, I would greatly appreciate it! Looking forward to playing this weekend.

I don't know if you're aware of the already...

I'm playing on a laptop aswell and different versions have made mine run hotter than others, that causes some laptops to "cpu throttle" where your processor will alternate full speed and a lower multiplier to bring the heat down. 

Our nice one before it died I just put felt furniture pads on it to shim it off the desk and get more air under it, the POS I'm using now I cut up the plastic covers and moved the hard drive to the outside of it's cover to cool it down.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

So far I've been kos as a fresh spawn more in these exp builds than ever before, but I totally understand why : Hype. That's something that was never really present in experimental, but the hype for 0.60 was so big that it brought a slew of "content creators" that were not even playing the game a year ago. In 0.61, it's even bigger. If you check a few "big" youtubers, they are pvping in exp 0.61 all the time, looking to kill whatever player comes in their sight.

Part of the problem is that there are no choices to be made in .60 or .61.  But you're right about the current level of PvP.  I mentioned before that I remember giving strangers new guns in EXP just so they could see them.  Now, the last 5 people I encountered all tried to shoot me without ever talking.  After the first 2, which resulted in my death, I lost my temper and went over to the dark side - the last 3 were presented with the option, "Lower your gun and talk, or die" - then their corpse got a speech on why KoS is boring and ruins the game from me.  Oddly, its people KoSing when there's no reason to - you're gonna kill a guy in Msta for his axe?  I get hunting at military tents for a full auto, but not for a stack of bandages in Dolina.

ETA:  Also, you KoSers who are no good at it, take note: a bolt action rifle will lose to my ice axe in cqc almost every time.  

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

I don't know if you're aware of the already...

I'm playing on a laptop aswell and different versions have made mine run hotter than others, that causes some laptops to "cpu throttle" where your processor will alternate full speed and a lower multiplier to bring the heat down. 

Our nice one before it died I just put felt furniture pads on it to shim it off the desk and get more air under it, the POS I'm using now I cut up the plastic covers and moved the hard drive to the outside of it's cover to cool it down.

Take fan off and put in new thermal silver compound or high end sticker, silver. Your laptop may still throttle high, so a underneath cooler might help keep temps down.

If only eurocom made a liquid cooled gamers notebook by now, you might switch

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

Take fan off and put in new thermal silver compound or high end sticker, silver. Your laptop may still throttle high, so a underneath cooler might help keep temps down.

If only eurocom made a liquid cooled gamers notebook by now, you might switch

It's was my sister in law's discarded virus riddled HP that I freshened up, my requisitions for a new desktop are nearing finalization and I'm going to water cool the laptop by flinging it across the yard in one of our winter monsoons.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, VVarhead said:

What's wrong with ArmA? I'm still waiting for my modders to fix their mods so I can play again.

OH lets say much of the changes broke many of the mods. they changed naming conventions after the fact, so we need to go into the scripts and rewrite them to work.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T121736

This is about dayz, so i don't want to go into details but when you make changes and its a massive one like this, everyone of your modders that uses code, has to re look at it and rewrite to offset the changes. Sometimes none of the documents are supplied, leaving your modders, scripters to guess, and beg to get answers.

It will always plague modding games.

So you do the best you can and work with the devs when they make huge impacted changes across the board. This is why i use the simple motto "Simple is best" keep it simple and document everything you can.

Dayz will be the same, but we can never expect a great made script or mod to be perfect. Once those changes happen, everyone is effected. Sometimes those we hope don't retire, do retire from the game. Leaving you to figure it out.

Sorry i love to mod, script and i hope to be working with the devs from grounds up with those tools they supply us.

16 minutes ago, Thurman Merman said:

the last 3 were presented with the option, "Lower your gun and talk, or die"

It's basically that simple boy n' girls.

Especially if you have the element of surprise, this approach is the obvious way to say you're willing to do many other things than trade bullets at super sonic speeds.

I wish just once someone would leave me naked, tied up, and close to death, needing to loot and heal from nothing....

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

It's was my sister in law's discarded virus riddled HP that I freshened up, my requisitions for a new desktop are nearing finalization and I'm going to water cool the laptop by flinging it across the yard in one of our winter monsoons.

Happens every single time. What i dont like about laptops is how cheap they are built for the industry. I can usually save a laptop by putting in a SSD, and new cooling system. Most people throw them out.

5 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I wish just once someone would leave me naked, tied up, and close to death, needing to loot and heal from nothing....

Exactly.  Show some effort/imagination.  Not to bag on the game, because I obviously am a fan, but there are way better shooters out there.  Do something interesting kiddos.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

It's basically that simple boy n' girls.

Bondage!!! at its best.

Someone wish to do a video of biohaze for his next debut on Twitter? -Subscribe to Superman Biohaze, and don't forget to donate now!

:)

• Like 3