Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.135961

So I wouldn't go climbing Altar Radio towers...actually someone climb it to test if the same happens to you...for science

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, edoian said:

So I wouldn't go climbing Altar Radio towers...actually someone climb it to test if the same happens to you...for science

You sir, just got DayZ'd

• Like 2

So are wolves in now ? I've seen a couple vids of people finding them in the newest exp patch but me and a friend search for a couple hours last night on a first person from NE to NW half of the map and saw / heard nothing :( anyone have Wolfy encounters yet , and if so , where ??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edoian said:

.actually someone climb it to test if the same happens to you...for science

I lost my first 1PP character last night trying to climb the red and white tower. :(

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, blackberrygoo said:

So are wolves in now ?

I was force fed a wolf steak by emu last night, so yes wolves are in.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, blackberrygoo said:

So are wolves in now ? I've seen a couple vids of people finding them in the newest exp patch but me and a friend search for a couple hours last night on a first person from NE to NW half of the map and saw / heard nothing :( anyone have Wolfy encounters yet , and if so , where ??

I encountered two groups of wolves howling to eachother in the woods near Myshkino.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, blackberrygoo said:

I was in Nagornoe and looting bouses when i heard a bunch of howling. When i checked outsider the house a large pack of wolves were tearing up some infecter outside. When they finished him they circled the house so i shot one from a window. More infected swarmed the place to be shredded by the wolves for my watching pleasure. Killer a few more wolves before the lasts ones ran away. So yea they are in.

• Like 9

So I managed to grab a mil tent from Tisy base.  Just like the civ tent and the car tent you can now carry the mil tent in your hands to keep wearing your regular backpack, so there's no need to do that awkward swap.  I also noticed that when I tried to pitch the mil tent from the "wearing-on-your-back" state that I lost connection to the server.  After a single attempt of "pitch the tent" while the tent was on my back (not in my hands) I immediately got that "receiving" status while looking at any item in my inventory.   So I logged off and tried again, same thing.  Then I moved to a different server and tried it again - the same thing happened on first attempt. So, one more time I relogged and as soon as I moved the tent from my back to my hands - it pitched perfectly.  I'm not 100% sure but I don't think it crashed the server, I think it only messed up my client.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, DaveB said:

I was in Nagornoe and looting bouses when i heard a bunch of howling. When i checked outsider the house a large pack of wolves were tearing up some infecter outside. When they finished him they circled the house so i shot one from a window. More infected swarmed the place to be shredded by the wolves for my watching pleasure. Killer a few more wolves before the lasts ones ran away. So yea they are in.

I had a similar experience in Gorka last night..I was about to leave town with a few infected on my tail..Upon passing the last house I heard the howling and immediately ducked into the house closing all doors then waited watching the infected circling the house waiting for the pack to show up. They took their time with their approach and tension was high. Eventually the pack started to attack the infected outside...I think I counted four of them.

I was still unarmed so i waited until wolves and infected started their dance then made my move towards the exit legging it like a madman towards Altar. Two wolves chased me for a while but got distracted by one infected who was also following.. I watched the wolves kill the infected in the field once I was far enough to be safe.

It was great how this situation played out.. I might not even have been in that much danger but I felt incredibly lucky to have made it out of their alive since it felt like a close call. At first all your concerns are being clever with looting and dodging infected while looking for ammo and food.. but the moment you hear the wolves howl all of that goes right out the window. I'm rather stoked about that addition to the PvE part of the game.

Edited by buuky
  • Like 8

Some of last nights shenanigans....

I ran solo for a while and finally met emu and Dudester100 in Pogarevka.

Firing rounds there drew many many infected.

As I had already lost some blood earlier, the ensuing fracas brought me further into the gray scale.

xWkyPeu.jpg

JMVPXl0.jpg

This guy ran into our group, offered his weapon to us (which no one wanted), proclaimed that there was no use in logging out as he thought we would be wiped somehow arbitrarily, and then proceeded to F11 with the shotgun.

Ut4xpAf.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Logging in this morning I ran North into solitude and was rewarded by the path less traveled.

t63YQPc.jpg

I got a plate carrier with pouches that I don't really need but I figured I would hold onto it as a gift for someone or until I got the holster.

Other than that there was only a couple flash bangs and not much else.

After running NE for a while longer I came upon a construction site and the buildings around had a lot of food!

Entering the next mid sized town, I found a lot of infected and sparse loot. Determined to loot as thoroughly as possible I used stealth and a few well planned infected kills to loot more than half the town. I did manage to nab some good ammo and a few odds and ends. I had been finishing looting a southern lane of the town when some suspicious movement caught my eye. At first I thought an infected had caught aggro but as soon as I homed in on the movement I realized it was a player and judging by their movements, I had not been detected yet. I felt I had plenty of time and a clean enough route out of town that I merely picked a direction well covered and high tailed it out of town half expecting gunshots to follow me.

But no gunshots or people did follow and I continued forth to eat and drink my bounty in peace.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did we forget to point out this Easter egg?

I bet there's a few women who agree that Dean Hall is....

nfvoiQS.jpg

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
2 spoiler tags in 1 post keeps breaking here....
  • Like 11

When You know that food balance is well done in loot tables? When You hear chicken and You know that You need to remember the spot because there are better odds to get any kind of knife that finding can of food in near future :) I just love that :) If only hunger would show up a bit faster because right now i have feeling like those statuses desnt change at all. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, gaweu said:

When You know that food balance is well done in loot tables? When You hear chicken and You know that You need to remember the spot because there are better odds to get any kind of knife that finding can of food in near future :) I just love that :) If only hunger would show up a bit faster because right now i have feeling like those statuses desnt change at all. 

I am actually quite happy they slowed the metabolism down this patch (they did, didn't they?). Coupled with low food spawns it gives you more time to actually gather equipment to eventually hunt or fish successfully  -combined with slower movement speed at some point in the future and it the long term pressure to open up a food source for yourself is still there without the feeling that you are playing The Sims where you character dies of starvation because he had to use the bathroom while hungry ;)

Edited by buuky
spelling
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Reveal hidden contents

nfvoiQS.jpg

The first kiwi I found on this patch was on a Dean Hall infected... GG!!

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, buuky said:

I am actually quite happy they slowed the metabolism down this patch (they did, didn't they?). Coupled with low food spawns it gives you more time to actually gather equipment to eventually hunt or fish successfully  -combined with slower movement speed at some point in the future and it the long term pressure to open up a food source for yourself is still there without the feeling that you are playing The Sims where you character dies of starvation because he had to use the bathroom while hungry ;)

Low food spawns? I find tons of food inside clothing, i had like 6 or 7 cans with me today its still to much, they need to increase animal spawn  and decrese cans even further so that our main source of food should be trough hunting.

Edited by kumando
  • Like 5

Yay! I've had my first encounter with wolves yesterday. I was at Pavlovo military base when I saw them in the distance. Tried to carefully make my way around since they were busy eating an infected. But eventually they caught my smell and came for me. I hid in a barracks, watching them attack the surrounding infected. Really liking the interactions between predators and infected.

They do a lot of damage, and seem to aim for the throat/head area. Since I had a motorcycle helmet, I was saved. (Never usually wear any, but experimental is roaming with players trying to punch you for quick loot...)

Some screenshots of the encounter.

2n01wjm.jpg

18ixdh.jpg

28rp81y.jpg

vnfgio.jpg

wbryq1.jpg

I also got caught in the rain again, without proper gear, but I kept running so I couldn't get too cold (which worked for 10-15 minutes) and found a house where I made a fire, took off my clothes and was able to get warmer. It's been a while since I've enjoyed a patch that much. 0.61 is amazing so far! Cheers!

k0g0nl.jpg

Edited by odin_lowe
  • Like 8

6 minutes ago, kumando said:

Low food spawns? I find tons of food inside clothing, i had like 6 or 7 cans with me today its still to much, they need to increase animal spawn  and decrese cans even further so that our main resource of food should be trough hunting.

1. I am actually projecting into the future here.

2. In 0.61 I found cans in clothing more commonly as well but usually not after i reached the more central areas of the map when travelling NW.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kumando said:

Low food spawns? I find tons of food inside clothing, i had like 6 or 7 cans with me today its still to much, they need to increase animal spawn  and decrese cans even further so that our main source of food should be trough hunting.

Might just be luck but I'm seeing and hearing more wildlife than I have in awhile, chased around a herd of 15 cows today unfortunately a full scorpion and single loading an mp-5 just netted me frustration instead of steaks.

Had a nice quick encounter at a police station this morning, met another armed player who also wasn't "looking for trouble". I excused myself and most likely drew away  the infected from the doors so he could loot in peace. Some lone wolfing at it's finest if you ask me.

I'm not sure if it is or will ever be a concern but I'd love it if when you use your hotbar to put something away it would block you from dropping it if your pack re-arranged itself making no room for it. Dropped a full red 9 my favorite sidearm because my hatchet likes to be in the dumbest spot possible in my bag.

• Like 6

20 hours ago, BleedoutBill said:

Sure, it's challenging to get a character established, if you spawn in the rain, but it should be! At any other time survival is trivial, if you apply some common sense to the problem at hand. In my opinion, the current build is only hazardous to the impatient, who disregard the weather and can not resist running around in the rain, even though they are not properly attired.

OK, I'm going to batten down the hatches of the bunker. Cue the PVP guys who "... don't have time for all of this survival nonsense."

I agree.   And I think that people who find this as an issue are going to find out that this probably isn't the game for them.  It is supposed to be a survival game and I believe that is what the core players want and believe in.   At least I do.  I've never played a game as rewarding and as frustrating as this one.  And it is pure gold, even with all the issues and problems that early access brings with it.

8 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

This is a known issue - and one we're working on addressing.

Yes sir.  Thank you.  Just wanted to let everyone know that it wasn't a 100% guarantee that it saves on every logout.

I also believe that the core players realize that not only is this early access, but it is also an unstable version of said early access.  Expect shit to break.  Some folks just can't handle/deal with it and come on here to bitch because they feel entitled.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

This community is so naughty, poor u. :s

• Like 6

18 hours ago, serelaw said:

Look guys. We get it that is is experimental and there are flaws and this is a testing medium.

Can someone have an opinion without the rhetoric of all you guys rebuttals?

No. We can not have an opinion.

I do not find your flipping the bird offensive. I just figure you are looking in a mirror.

I try to give some measurements, some numbers based on my testing.

You guys come back with nothing scientific or useful.

Maybe one guy tries to say what works for him. The rest dogpile with nothing but attacks.

Thankfully the ignore button works.

You aren't trying to ask for help. You are just complaining in an unconstructive way and isn't even helpful!

And that's not even it, you doen't even know what Experimental is. If it is out of balance you will experience this in Experimental. In Stable they will probably have it fixed, if there is something out of balance, bugged or something wrong. In my opinion, only the warming up is bugged but I haven't tried to put off my clothes to see if that helps anything so I might be wrong on that.

There are enough people who ask help or want to know something in a constructive and normal way and they get treated normal.

11 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Sometimes you have to get creative from which angle you approach the cow.   And as always, fists up won't let you do it, so make sure your hands are relaxed when trying to skin.  Other than that, it is likely just the cow sitting slightly away from its hitbox.  Try melee attacking the cow carcass once with the knife, too, before you give up.

I found that the sweetspot is near it's head or the neck.

10 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

It will take me a bit of time to read back through all this guys - bear with me!

Take your time Brian, it also takes me some time to catch up as well sometimes. You guys did a great job on 0.61 and made me play totally differently. It was until yesterday when I met up with Dudester100 and Emuthreat when I first shot a loud gun in a town. For me DayZ is undoubtedly the best post-apocalyptic survival game out there and it isn't even finished!

7 hours ago, MrJoe (DayZ) said:

I really, really really hope the zombies pushing you gets removed.  It's so damn glitchy and buggy, I've got pushed out of buildings three times already, and it really fucks with the client position sync.

Players give you a weird push effect too.. Like in Melee fights it's so weird, running into someone kinda jittery pushes you back, it's hard to describe.  Really hope that gets fixed.  Same thing happens when you go through door ways, its a really hard thing to describe.

And in first person when aiming down your sights and moving forward, it's fucked big time-o.

Also, zombies seem to be going through doors again now. Never experienced that in .60.

It may sound odd but if you're moving in a glitchy or buggy way try punching an house or maybe even other objects in the world to get your position synced again.

5 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

If you liked it, I still have 1 or 2 lying around in on my character. And some cow steaks of course. It's a shame you missed our barbecue but I guess you were doing your warm up to substitute me haha.

3 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Reveal hidden contents

nfvoiQS.jpg

Oh yeah, that's right, I made screenshot of that. Apparently every Dean Hall infected has a Kiwi on them:

YXnQtf6.jpg

By the way, you might notice I am carrying a bow. I actually had a lot of fun using it and it is very effective! Most headshots or two body shots kill infected. It is a very good silent weapon to counter the infected.

They also removed that derpy sway by the way. It only does the derpy sway when you pull the string. Hopefully this isn't a bug but intentional because I really like to use the bow now until I get a silent weapon or have (enough) ammo and a gun which matches with that ammo.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 6

Tactical shirts better be water proof as in description @Hicks_206 (DayZ)  :)

Ok facts about weapons.

Only modern assault rifles, mousin, winchester, SKS, Izh should have cracks/snap by the way. In real life the bullet speed need to be faster than sound to get that effect. 

Sporter, trumpet, mp5, scorpion, pistols and shotguns versions in dayz do not have fast enough bullet speed and travel time to get the snap/crack sound.

So something to think about before you implement it in my opinion, but as I mentioned for me aiming with a scope, or aiming with a weapon iron sigh when you turn around is a much more severe issue at the moment.

It feels clunky and lagy for some reasons - it need to be fixed before it hit stable, @Hicks_206 (DayZ) 

It also have similar lag issues when I was hit by zombies inside a civil building - I was knocked through the solid wall to outside of the building and I was shot at the same time near Green Mountains, but he missed.

Anyway back to loot table topic in 0.61

It`s a lot harder to find food for sure now, but glad that long range scopes are back on the loot table.

I found a fishing rod on a zombie corpse this evening - what else have you found on a zombie corpse recently? 

And crash sites are back in this new update for sure - happy hunting! ;)

Edited by ori42
  • Like 2

I only mention issues with the new patch, but overall it`s a huge improvement and I really enjoy the new patch version 0.61 compare to 0.60, and I notice some FPS drop, but hopefully the main reason is the test server.  

Edited by ori42
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Reveal hidden contents

nfvoiQS.jpg

I also found my first kiwi on this patch. gg to the devs :-D

I played for some time on DE2. I spawned with a freh character after the last exp wipe and it was raining. My body temp was already dropping when I found a green raincoat! I got really excited - but you can guess what happens next. Server Crash - back to the start. Dayz exp you really can be cruel.

Edited by bingo_fuel
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, ori42 said:

Tactical shirts better be water proof as in description @Hicks_206 (DayZ)  :)

Ok facts about weapons.

Only modern assault rifles, mousin, winchester, SKS, Izh should have cracks/snap by the way. In real life the bullet speed need to be faster than sound to get that effect. 

Sporter, trumpet, mp5, scorpion, pistols and shotguns versions in dayz do not have fast enough bullet speed and travel time to get the snap/crack sound.

So something to think about before you implement it in my opinion, but as I mentioned for me aiming with a scope, or aiming with a weapon iron sigh when you turn around is a much more severe issue at the moment.

It feels clunky and lagy for some reasons - it need to be fixed before it hit stable, @Hicks_206 (DayZ) 

It also have similar lag issues when I was hit by zombies inside a civil building - I was knocked through the solid wall to outside of the building and I was shot at the same time near Green Mountains, but he missed.

Anyway back to loot table topic in 0.61

It`s a lot harder to find food for sure now, but glad that long range scopes are back on the loot table.

I found a fishing rod on a zombie corpse this evening - what else have you found on a zombie corpse recently? 

And crash sites are back in this new update for sure - happy hunting! ;)

Sorry but 22 cal long rifle as depicted in the description in game (not sure about an open bolt blowback like the sportsterl) standard 9mm rounds, and I believe 357 fired from a closed bolt like the repeater are in fact supersonic. 

*edit* just googled it and standard 380 acp is also super sonic, standard 45 acp is subsonic though. As far as it goes even sub sonic shots do make a kind of woosh sound if they pass close to your head, bee shot at numerous time with pellet guns and a shotgun once.

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 2

Will the zombies break doors in the future? Its so easy to outrun them and just lock yourself in a house to avoid them.

• Like 1