SMoss

Exp Update: 0.60.+++

3 minutes ago, hellbound_tkr said:

For anyone experiencing the sound bug ( No sound / sound pop on game load) 

I was running 16bit 48khz when experiencing sound problems, try setting your system audios sample rate to 24bit 44100hz

worked for me.

Please reboot and advise if the problem is still resolved.

I had the no sound/pop issue on game boot, but once I successfully logged onto a server, the problem went away. When I restarted the game, the problem came back. Logging onto a server "fixed" the problem again ... until I shut down.

• Like 1

just in need for a short confirmation:

• heavy flickering of textures (extreme with vsync off; far better with vsync on)
  • render resolution cannot be altered
  • clouds are disabled and cannot be enabled
Edited by joe_mcentire

3 minutes ago, joe_mcentire said:

just in need for a short confirmation:

• heavy flickering of textures (extreme with vsync off; far better with vsync on)
  • render resolution cannot be altered
  • clouds are disabled and cannot be enabled

1 - confirmed - Haven't tried to enable v-sync. Too busy basking in the high FPS.

2 - Most everyone stuck at 200%, although Tatanko reports being stuck at 150%.

3 - Affirmative, they can not be enabled.

• Like 1

Anyone figure out why second monitor goes black when playing, why alt tabbing brings the game to monitor 2 instead of 1, and why streaming on Twitch results in black screen for the stream?

5 minutes ago, BleedoutBill said:

me too on 150%. can ultrawide be a reason?

2 minutes ago, QUAZIMOFO said:

Anyone figure out why second monitor goes black when playing, why alt tabbing brings the game to monitor 2 instead of 1, and why streaming on Twitch results in black screen for the stream?

I think that SMoss said it best, in the first post:

Please keep in mind that 0.60 contains the first iteration of the new renderer and as such you will encounter loads of bugs. In that regard; we highly value your feedback as always and even though our new tracker is not quite ready to go live yet, you can file all the bugs you come across in the following sub-forum and we'll make sure to sweep them up: (http://forums.dayz.com/forum/151-060-experimental-bugs/)

1 minute ago, joe_mcentire said:

me too on 150%. can ultrawide be a reason?

I don't think so. I thought Tatanko had about a 26" or a 28" 16x9 monitor, but I don't clearly remember the spec. I just remember that he got a new monitor about 8-9 months ago.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BleedoutBill said:

I don't think so. I thought Tatanko had about a 26" or a 28" 16x9 monitor, but I don't clearly remember the spec. I just remember that he got a new monitor about 8-9 months ago.

I'm on a 30" and I am stuck at 150%

28 minutes ago, BleedoutBill said:

1 - confirmed - Haven't tried to enable v-sync. Too busy basking in the high FPS.

3 - Affirmative, they can not be enabled.

Just find DayZ.cfg then delete it, start the game again and then its at 100% =) Known problem

• Like 1

since i wasnt able to connect to servers, only 1 thing i had problem with. every time i tabbed out of the game the sound in my headset popped like i unplugged it and plugged it back in. something that doesnt happen with any other game or with .59. 

Finally, I could join a server for an hour and it was amazing! It is so smooth, I wouldn't believe it, if I hadn't played it. I had some frame drops in Elektro down to ~40fps, but just for one second, so not the norm.

(Elektro~55-75fps; Gorka~60-85; Orlovets~80-100fps; woods/fields~100-140fps @ Xeon1230v3,GTX780,8GBRam,SSD) and yes there are more bugs, but it's just amazing. Im really impressed, very well done devs :-)

Thank you for your hard work. It was worth the time! Now I'm even more excited for the future of DayZ and can't wait so see this running with the new player controller <3 It will be feel like an entirely new game.

• Like 2

how about you all make some more servers so the rest of us can get in. bring out the 75 slot servers or even 100 slot servers..and on top of that, every other server i join crashes 5 mins into game play and shuts down...just bring out 100 servers with 100 slots so everyone can play. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SinfulBreeze said:

how about you all make some more servers so the rest of us can get in. bring out the 75 slot servers or even 100 slot servers..and on top of that, every other server i join crashes 5 mins into game play and shuts down...just bring out 100 servers with 100 slots so everyone can play. 

Its not easy, since its experimental you will have tons of bugs. Also the networking side of things hasn't been fully done yet. Keep trying Sinful, eventually you might get in.

The devs will confirm, holding past 50ish can be very difficult with AI. I am sure the more time that passes all the tweaks might raise it to 75.

But yes it would be awesome to have a 200 person server, i just dont see this happening for a very long time, if at all due to the AI being so CPU heavy.

i understand that and ive gotten into a server, it just didnt last longer than 45 mins the first time...is it too much to ask for the devs to simply add more experimental servers to the list...20 really isnt enough to satisfy the thousands of players trying to get in and experience this update.

and now after a second attempt at joining a server, i see the list has narrowed to 15 servers...whats goin on here...shouldnt there be more servers for experimental??

Edited by SinfulBreeze

13 minutes ago, SinfulBreeze said:

i understand that and ive gotten into a server, it just didnt last longer than 45 mins the first time...is it too much to ask for the devs to simply add more experimental servers to the list...20 really isnt enough to satisfy the thousands of players trying to get in and experience this update.

and now after a second attempt at joining a server, i see the list has narrowed to 15 servers...whats goin on here...shouldnt there be more servers for experimental??

The servers are unstable! They crash! They go down! This is just further validation that the devs made the right decision not to roll this build out sooner. Once they get on top of the server reliability issues, who knows, perhaps they'll open this up to a wider audience. For now, they just need a handful of heavily stressed servers, in order to collect the diagnostic data that they need.

• Like 1

I don't even know why the devs put forth the effort, when we have so many experts lurking on this forum.

Sigh!

If they'd just post the source code to GitHub, I'm sure that we'd have a release build inside of a week!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, BleedoutBill said:

I don't even know why the devs put forth the effort, when we have so many experts lurking on this forum.

Sigh!

If they'd just post the source code to GitHub, I'm sure that we'd have a release build inside of a week!

A week? Nah, I bet they could do in within a few days by the way the armchair programmers talk and make it seem like it's easier than what it really is.

I was able to make a nice fire and cook an apple and then the program froze. It happened as I was looking away and then at the fire, could be coincidental but with the new renderer it seemed worth noting.

I only see 4 US servers with max ping at 200. Really needs more servers, I was only able to play 30 mins after 15 mins of spamming in to get in before a mysterious server crash. Talked to many friends who were only able to play minutes before being kicked (usually after 30 mins- 1 hr of spamming) How is any proper testing supposed to get done in 30 minute intervals?

Edit: from what I did play, I REALLY enjoyed.

Edited by Kohlbar

Hi Guys, I'm situated in Australia and I can't see any Exp servers on the list, all 59. Got .60 downloaded and we're all go but for no servers. There was one last night but it was chockas all night, now today can't see any .60. Really frustrating as if I can't find one and get on I can't go and play on .59 unless I go to the extent of rolling back, don't know what's involved in doing that, but I would hazzard a guess it's not going to be fun!

I've been playing on "Teh Red Zone" US east .59 for a couple of weeks now and it plays better than any of the AU servers, so go figure. 

Edited by hiconic

4 minutes ago, Kohlbar said:

I only see 4 US servers with max ping at 200. Really needs more servers, I was only able to play 30 mins after 15 mins of spamming in to get in before a mysterious server crash. Talked to many friends who were only able to play minutes before being kicked (usually after 30 mins- 1 hr of spamming) How is any proper testing supposed to get done in 30 minute intervals?

Server stress testing is being done regardless of how long you've played. I was able to play for a few hours myself this morning before being kicked and haven't been able to get back on since.

• Like 1