[DGN] Johnny

#DayZ Logic

((A fun thread to raise eyebrows at DayZ logic.))

1. An Ice Pick is a better tool to farm with than a Hoe.

2. You can carry an empty barrel or Non-Military tent in your hands, but you can't carry an empty backpack. (Developer Response!)

3. When you overheat, it causes you to lose water more quickly. This makes sense because you're sweating. However you don't get wet from sweating. Which is one of the largest dangers of getting warm in a cold environment. 

4. Everything to do with the lack of stamina limitations. ( In Development.)

5. You can get in a Hatchback with a Military tent on your back, but you cannot store a military tent in a hatchback.

6. You can fill containers with different liquids. Gas and Water. However you can't check (sniff) containers to figure out what's in them.

Edited by [DGN] Johnny
  • Like 11

1. You can respawn by some weird black magic.

2. Can eat 10+ cans of food, and not get full.

3. When vomiting, it looks like a fountain or a waterfall.

4. Apparently using alcohol tincture to clean rags once, somehow uses the entire bottle.

5. Chambering weapons for some reason requires reloading the weapon with an invisible mag. 

Edited by DJ SGTHornet
Toned down the weirdness, slightly.
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, DJ SGTHornet said:

1. You can respawn by some weird black magic.

2. Can eat 10+ cans of food, and not poop.

3. When vomiting, it looks like a fountain or a waterfall.

4. Apparently using alcohol tincture to clean rags once, somehow uses the entire bottle.

5. Chambering weapons for some reason requires reloading the weapon with an invisible mag. 

Op raises some legitimate criticism, all you do is make yourself look stupid.

- Lightsource magical vanish after 100 yards. (It`s like a flash light effect turn it on/off)

Edited by ori42
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, [DGN] Johnny said:

((A fun thread to raise eyebrows at DayZ logic.))

1. An Ice Pick is a better tool to farm with than a Hoe.

2. You can carry an empty barrel or Non-Military tent in your hands, but you can't carry an empty backpack.

3. When you overheat, it causes you to lose water more quickly. This makes sense because you're sweating. However you don't get wet from sweating. Which is one of the largest dangers of getting warm in a cold environment. 

4. Everything to do with the lack of stamina limitations. ( In Development.)

5. You can get in a Hatchback with a Military tent on your back, but you cannot store a military tent in a hatchback.

6. You can fill containers with different liquids. Gas and Water. However you can't check (sniff) containers to figure out what's in them.

1 For subsistence farming IRL (or survival)  an ice-axe IS a better tool than a hoe, you need something to break into hard earth. Look at your early history of mankind, and your Amerindian or Egyptian culture, or just check "subsistence farming"

2 Right !!! AND in the game you can't wrap gutted animal parts and meat in the pelt and carry that bag in your hands, which is a totally standard hunting technique and has been for a couple of thousand years on every continent. Also the first thing you would do with a game animal is put it across your shoulders and carry it to cover, before gutting it. Right? You'd have to be crazy not to. Does anyone disagree with this ?

3. After overheating you should risk getting cold. Right.

4 ...  Stamina is a whole area by itself= I suggested that Fast Run (sprint) should only operate for 10 seconds on then 10 seconds off, as a really easy first placeholder - In combat 10 seconds is a long long time -  Would make zombies more interesting too, as well as other gameplay. And screw autorun (ya autorun idiots).

5 Driving any vehicle while wearing a large backpack is ... (go try it)

6 Well, yes totally. You can't drink diesel IRL without noticing. OK- I've tried and I can't - maybe somebody can, but I doubt it. Let me see ya do it.

Edited by pilgrim / pilgrim
edited for no reason
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, BlinkingRiki182 said:

Op raises some legitimate criticism, all you do is make yourself look stupid.

OP said it was supposed to be a fun thread. I get you missed that tid bit, huh? Looks like your reading skills are quite low.

• Like 3

you forgot you can eat 10 cans of food in less then 1 hour. and drink 25 gallons in under 15 minutes.

When getting into a vehicle, the item you have in your hands should be able to be thrown in the seat beside you.

Edited by sneakydude
  • Like 1

8. You're given an In-Game Topographical map. And I'm a purist most often, I don't like alt tabbing or second screening unless I'm seriously SOL on something or doing some science. That said, this map marks to the detail of individual buildings and even contour lines but completely leaves out ponds, steams, lakes, and wells (which "wells" I can understand). For some reason even City Names are omitted. I could understand not having the English translation, but give a dog a bone! ^.^

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, [DGN] Johnny said:

8. You're given an In-Game Topographical map. And I'm a purist most often, I don't like alt tabbing or second screening unless I'm seriously SOL on something or doing some science. That said, this map marks to the detail of individual buildings and even contour lines but completely leaves out ponds, steams, lakes, and wells (which "wells" I can understand). For some reason even City Names are omitted. I could understand not having the English translation, but give a dog a bone! ^.^

Even more amusingly, the in-game map is supposedly a "tourist map". Take a look at it in the "Inspect" view, it has English and Chernarussian written on the front, with photos of popular destinations on the cover!

It should really have city/town names in English and Cyrillic on there......

• Like 3

14 hours ago, pilgrim / pilgrim said:
1 hour ago, Whyherro123 said:

Even more amusingly, the in-game map is supposedly a "tourist map". Take a look at it in the "Inspect" view, it has English and Chernarussian written on the front, with photos of popular destinations on the cover!

It should really have city/town names in English and Cyrillic on there......

5 Driving any vehicle while wearing a large backpack is ... (go try it)

Good eye. ^.^ Fair enough.

9. You can trip-wire grenades like the RGO or the M67 (currently bugged, bad idea), but you can't trip-wire flares, flashbangs, or smoke grenades. It'd imagine the coding is pretty plug and play once you've written one full workable system, and the modeling is simple enough, so I kinda find that strange it wasn't all in one batch.

• Like 4

naked people running around on the beach trying to punch out people wielding weapons

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrAerospace said:

Growing food from a seed in less than a day.

Growing food from a seed in less than a week.

FTFY

Zombies can hear silenced shots, but players can't. 

A sharpened stick does more damage than a sword

Loading ammo into the Mosin is just as fast as using the clip

To load arrows into the bow you have to confirm that you want to load an arrow into the bow. 

Cars get repaired (glass, etc) when you shoot them.

Doors open/close when you punch the walls of buildings. 

A stone knife will open your cans at 100%, while a metal knife doesn't.

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 2

10. Hours gearing up, then on approach to the NWA find a bush to hide in to watch the silenced sniping shenanigins then attempt to build the courage to get some super loot, only to log out through paralyzing fear!

11. Complain about lack of interaction then ignore other survivors through paralyzing fear!

12. Paralyzing fear through a computer game!

#dayzlogic #coward #fullserver #difficultyseperatingrealityfromfiction

• Like 7

On 2/26/2016 at 9:55 PM, caik said:

10. Hours gearing up, then on approach to the NWA find a bush to hide in to watch the silenced sniping shenanigins then attempt to build the courage to get some super loot, only to log out through paralyzing fear!

11. Complain about lack of interaction then ignore other survivors through paralyzing fear!

12. Paralyzing fear through a computer game!

#dayzlogic #coward #fullserver #difficultyseperatingrealityfromfiction

Haaha!! Your comment has been the best one so far.. pretty much dayz in a nutshell :D

• Like 1

11. anything heli loot related

12. anything military loot related

>somebody watches as you play dayz

>the weird fence opening/smashing sound appears

>your buddy is like "HOLY FUCK WHAT WAS THAT"

>you try to explain that it is some weird standard sound that occurs every 10 mins or so when you´re in a town

>makes no sense at all

------

>spend half a month looking for AK101

>spend 2 months looking for SVD

>take scope off SVD

>put it on AK101

>ditch shitty SVD

>get shot the same day

IT WAS WORTH IT!

Edited by VVarhead
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, VVarhead said:

>somebody watches as you play dayz

>the weird fence opening/smashing sound appears

>your buddy is like "HOLY FUCK WHAT WAS THAT"

>you try to explain that it is some weird standard sound that occurs every 10 mins or so when you´re in a town

>makes no sense at all

"It's just ambient noise" -"ah okay"

• Like 2

stranded at the beach - not wet

EVERYTHING IS A LIE!

• Like 1

* Searching endless areas on the map for days on end, you decide to throw it away out of pure "Disappointment", next house you see? ............where did i drop that again>? remember... AH crap.

* Starving to death, out of water, out of food... got bandages rush into a house, just about ready to die... Starvation!!! i am dying.. here com'on not again! I see a can of food laying on the ground.

= cant pick it up :)

* Decide to go hunting for the first time in a long time. Lets cook up some deer meat, it lasts a long time.  Munch, Munch.... WTF! your feeling very ill... OH shit look for the meds, go to the hospital.

4 hrs later still no luck, whats this? in a shed? 1 tab. Still sick.

Edited by sneakydude

1 person on the server, OH this is a nice easy day in dayz, i get to loot up, get all my gear replaced. Spend a few moments gathering stuff. "Loot shed by shed, house by house but the first, this was the plan". Start to walk along the road see a shed, check p still only 1 player

Open the door, and low and behold the only guy on the server is sitting there with the gun pointed out... "DEAD".

Fucking dayz!!! ahha

• Like 4

I'm a notorious alt tabber, which I've accepted in my heart will eventually get me swacked.

That said, logged in yesterday to being handcuffed, naked, laying on the ground, unconscious from dehydration. Only in DayZ is that how your buddies "hook you up" by saving your gear when they've noticed you left your DayZ running. Lol. /facepalm

• Like 2