boneboys

Exp Update: 0.59 (+hotfix).

Much better tonight. Hotbar working decently. Have many types ammo and many types weapons...but none match. Cool.

Yes, after running over a few infected we will need chassis alignment...

https://youtu.be/GmKkmcmi4_k

You need a little more toe on a 4X4, otherwise they'll wander all over the road. :)

Seriously, what's next, chassis alignments?

• Like 1

So I am also having trouble launching the game. Is the following the same thing everyone is getting?

Sometimes I get this:

CLeZJRc.png

And sometimes it gets as far as this:

BlG18Zv.png

This has happened to me in the past after an update but restarting my computer has always worked in the past but it didn't this time.  :(

I'll email BattlEye support but was just wondering if this is what others are getting?

• Like 1

I have noticed that if you drive a vehicle within approximately 50m of another vehicle the game becomes super choppy and laggy whether you are the passenger or the driver of he vehicle.

Topic cleaned for obvious  reasons and a merge.
Anything Exp related (apart from video reveals) belong here.

So i updated my DayZ to the latest experimental version today only to have a problem running the game completely. When i launch it from Steam or the "DayZ_BE.exe" my computer completely freezes up(except sound) and requires me to reboot my PC.

Launching the normal "DayZ.exe" which doesn't load BattlEye allows me to load into the menu with no artifacting etc, joining a server obviously makes the game restart with BattlEye(thus freezing my PC again).

I have tried verifying the game files, running as admin but nothing has helped.

Has anyone has similar issues? Nothing useful has come up from my searches.

EDIT: PC Specs: GTX 970, i5 4690k, 16GB RAM

Concerning game freeze and related crashes...

I have done (all the regular tricks).
Deleted all BE folders & files.
Verified game cache/ restarted Steam.
                             I am....
Unable to close DayZ exe through task bar or end processes.
A soft computer restart will not work, a hard boot /reset is required.
There are no RPT files, bidmp or mdmp logs dated (today 21/11/15).

Recent changes to system include latest nvidia drivers and -newui both of which worked prior to the small update to DayZ yesterday.
I have not reverted to Stable to check if working.
Some say is related to latest nvidia drivers (needs confirmation/feedback).

Keep calm and be patient and have a nice DayZ :D

I have not reverted to Stable to check if working.

Some say is related to latest nvidia drivers (needs confirmation/feedback).

Older Driver Search

http://www.nvidia.com/download/find.aspx

This will allow the person to rollback to a different driver. Sometimes a clean wipe of the driver and then redo the older one may work.

Rollback Info

http://www.nvidia.com/object/driver_rollback.html

When i had issues before with different drivers, i totally removed the nvidia installs after downloading the older drivers. Rebooted, and then installed the older drivers.

Uninstaller recommendations

http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_13955.html

Driver sweeper explained

http://www.howtogeek.com/171816/htg-explains-do-you-need-to-use-a-driver-cleaner-when-upgrading-hardware-drivers/

All sites checked by myself, and have relevant information to Test the Graphics driver issues.

I agree sometimes it can be driver related, roll back i had to do in ARK once. I obtained my FPS back.

Ok so where the hell are people finding sedans and offroad hatchbacks? Mean Gun Morris and i have been searching all over the damn place for a sedan or hatchback we have searched vavilovo, sinistok, tisy, stary yar, krasnoe, kamenks, nagornoe, svergino, and we stopped at karmanovka. we started to feel like we were looking for a needle in a haystack that may or may not exist i think we were slowly going crazy. Im surprised no one has made a definitive map of where these things spawn we also tested attaching a grenade to a trip wire and it looks like it doesn't work since there was no micheal bay style explosion i think il fix up the vs3 in karmanovka and drive it around the coast to look for the magical car unicorn.

• Like 1

snipitysnipped...

This is a problem for the DayZ / BE development, not Nvidia if indeed the cause, hence feedback or confirmation required.

Has it rained for anyone in this build? I haven't seen any rain in 0.59 yet. 

Ok so where the hell are people finding sedans and offroad hatchbacks? Mean Gun Morris and i have been searching all over the damn place for a sedan or hatchback we have searched vavilovo, sinistok, tisy, stary yar, krasnoe, kamenks, nagornoe, svergino, and we stopped at karmanovka. we started to feel like we were looking for a needle in a haystack that may or may not exist i think we were slowly going crazy. Im surprised no one has made a definitive map of where these things spawn we also tested attaching a grenade to a trip wire and it looks like it doesn't work since there was no micheal bay style explosion i think il fix up the vs3 in karmanovka and drive it around the coast to look for the magical car unicorn.

I made a map with the spawn locations of the vehicles. I don't know if the locations are reliable but this are the locations that are in the game files...

AwPV98R.jpg

The only vehicle spawn map I've seen is the one posted by bingo_fuel.

Has anyone been able to confirm any of the locations on the map, or found spawned vehicles somewhere other than areas marked on this map?

Windows 10 people noticed a huge FPS drawback, same with windows 8-8.1

That issue should have been fixed by now, since nvidia has recognized its problem.

Try this guys, if spiking with another player close by, or trucks.

See if this helps improve anything.

ESC-Video:

Custom

100%

Vsync - Disabled

User Interface:

Resolution -your size recommended by monitor

size -small

Aspect Ratio 16:9 Mines at.

Quality:

High

Very High

Very Low

DIsabled

Textures:

Auto

very High

Normal

Rendering:

disabled

disabled

FXAA Normal

low

Disabled

Disabled

Bloom off

Rotation Blur Off

See if you have any improvements after that. It may help, it gave me 150% increase in small cities. No lag when turning, no drop in FPS to cause me to not shoot a player etc.

gtx 780ti sc 3gb, and gtx960 sc 4gb both had huge improvements.

Sneaky

• Like 1

These cars need to stop sliding! I took the Hatchback offroad on the trail from Prigoridky to Pusta. It went surprisingly well and I could already see the treeline at the end of the path. Then the hatchback did an impossible spin and I just so managed to stop it and slide it slowly into a tree. One wheel was damaged. The only tool I didn't yet have was a lugwrench. So I checked all of Cherno painstaikingly slow and avoiding conflict. Nothing. I went to Nadezdino and found a lugwrench in the tiniest shed. Went back to the car and it had slid the entire mountain down. Through a million trees...

I took off the wheel and repaired it and the car drove again. But it didn't turn. After trying everything I took off the wheels and put them back on. It sunk into the ground like a landshark, but popped back up after a while. I did hear a burning/flaming sound though. Both doors and the tail flew off. It was a legit clown car by then. It was just missing the slapstick sound effects. Strange when you are fearing for your life, but can't stop cracking up about the shit happening around you.

I reattached the wheels, but couldn't even get into the car. It doesn't have the damage texture on it. And I can still attach the trunk and doors, but can't enter the car. Wish I'd had more time, I was just getting the hang of it and so far the 4x4 drove fine. I didn't go fullspeed for long though. I tried to be careful most of the time. Maybe I was just lucky until then or last nights update fixed some driving issues. It doesn't fix the sliding issues, however. Or the flipping around after detaching wheels. When the car bounces, the inventory of the car gets ruined. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 2

This is a problem for the DayZ / BE development, not Nvidia if indeed the cause, hence feedback or confirmation required.

yeah its only for those experiencing huge fps issues. Allows them to keep playing without having the hangups i see complaints of over and over, thread after thread.

Something else to try if all else fails. It would be a temp fix anyways, as development is moving forward.

Has it rained for anyone in this build? I haven't seen any rain in 0.59 yet. 

It rained the first time i loaded into the server. I cant remember what one it was, and now i am on stable i cant go back to experimental at this time, or i would do more bug reports in .59

Has anyone been able to confirm any of the locations on the map, or found spawned vehicles somewhere other than areas marked on this map?

The spawn locations currently seem to be static. I found the Sedan only in Rogovo/Pogorevka and the Offroad around Pusta. The current spawn locations are on the map I generated but I guess we have to wait for random spawns to verify the remaining locations.

• Like 1

We were using that map as a reference and so far the only car we have seen on that map is the vs3 in karmanovka although the map lists that spot as a hatchback spawn but only the vs3 spawns there so i think the map isn't really that reliable unless some of the locations on that map are correct and some aren't but there's no way to know unless someone puts an X mark over every spot that doesn't have a car spawning there and that would take a long ass time.

• Like 1

The spawn locations currently seem to be static. I found the Sedan only in Rogovo/Pogorevka and the Offroad around Pusta. The current spawn locations are on the map I generated but I guess we have to wait for random spawns to verify the remaining locations.

In the center of Cherno at the school is an offroader. Right at the garages. And at the lighthouse in Cap Golova.

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

Adventure DayZ #2!

So I've really gotten to love the game and it's different options for players, the infected, the guns, the gear. . But it definitely feels like a work in progress! However, that does not remove any sense of wonder I have while exploring and learning more and more about how to interact in the game world. 

Today's adventure was slightly shorter, but full of fun and excitement! 

I first spawned in at the top of a building in which I was surrounded by more than 20 zed. SCARY. This looked bleak. Right away, I begin firing off and killing as many as possible. . Till I make a mistake and fall off a ledge. I hit the ground and go unconscious. . 5 seconds later I received a You are Dead message. DARN IT! Hehe.

So, I respawn and decide that it was a fluke. I proceed to loot and gear myself for the times to come. . But I'm in an area that I don't recognize, which delights me to no end. I find the road and begin trekking to where I -believe- would be more familiar. 

I get to my main town that I've spent time in with the glorious church and the statues and slowly make my way around for food. I then suddenly see a blaze of fire in one of the little shops! I get excited because I think that there must surely be players who want to talk and help each other. I head towards it, not realizing that my gun is unholstered as well, and there comes a spray of bullets all around me and I drop to prone. I hear multiple voices, curious and some malicious, and I respond that I'll comply with their wishes. They go through my gear and take some food but leave the rest to me. - I decide to see if I can go with them!

Bandits and I go traversing and they end up wanting to go Zed hunting. . I'm extremely apprehensive about this, but I go with. We find our first group and they blast off. . And a whole horde comes running around the corner! We're all running and shooting and whomping with axes till we're run out of the area. I think somebody got left too. . Poor guy. (This is the DayZ I love)

While the bandits regroup and talk about going after other players for gear and such, I make my get-away.

Just a little while later, I hear a mousey voice asking to please not kill him. I state that I'm only here to help and can give them my extra canteen and some food! - They're like O.O! So I invite them along and we go exploring through a few cities. . We shoot off some zed and make it to the airfield after tons and tons of arduous walking.

He thinks it'd be funny to handcuff me and go prone to wait to shoot someone while I call out for help. . I'm actually a little irritated at not being given the choice of the matter. I shuffle out of my cuffs and he begins firing on me and before he lays a shot, I've sprayed and prayed his area effectively ripping him to pieces. . While we both giggle on Steam Call.

We've made plans to enter back in the game and try a real attempt at survival and possibly at fixing a car.

This game is so much fun. . Please, more people play with me! I love the RP dynamics of banditting as well as being a hero for those who need help surviving.  

• Like 1

Fixed my launching issue.

I just deleted my BattlEye folder from the game folder then verified my files through steam. 

Fixed.

I can't believe I've wasted this much time and it was that simple! 

• Like 4

Maybe one of the file(s) isn't being written to the folder. When it tries to update it updates some file(s) and looks for versions and by date isnt accessing the correct file(s).

I am glad you figured this out, this might be a solution temp fix for others until battleye sees this.

By you deleting it wrote into the folder the correct files.

Yeah, I assume the update may have corrupted some files or something. 

For anyone else having this issue, if this didn't fix it, I also deleted the BattlEye folder from "C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\DayZ" too. Not sure if that did anything but it's worth a shot.

Hi. I have the same problem. Deleted both folders, verified game files, and .... same issues :-( Any hints ? Thanks

Yeah, I assume the update may have corrupted some files or something. 

For anyone else having this issue, if this didn't fix it, I also deleted the BattlEye folder from "C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\DayZ" too. Not sure if that did anything but it's worth a shot.

I have done all of this now, but it doesen´t change anything the game wont start and it says its running.

Realy strange that only a few people got this problem.

Hi. I have the same problem. Deleted both folders, verified game files, and .... same issues :-( Any hints ? Thanks

I have done all of this now, but it doesen´t change anything the game wont start and it says its running.

Realy strange that only a few people got this problem.

Just to confirm, this is the issue you're having?

So I am also having trouble launching the game. Is the following the same thing everyone is getting?

Sometimes I get this:

CLeZJRc.png

And sometimes it gets as far as this:

BlG18Zv.png

This has happened to me in the past after an update but restarting my computer has always worked in the past but it didn't this time.  :(

I'll email BattlEye support but was just wondering if this is what others are getting?

Before I'd fixed the issue, I had found that there was a lingering process from BattlEye called "BEService.exe" still running after failed attempts to launch the game.

Knowing this, the next thing I'd try is restarting my computer to get rid of any lingering processes from failed launches. I'd then retry deleting the folders + verifying.

I hope this works for you.

If it doesn't please email BattlEye support. 

To those having issues with launching the game after today's update: Please write an email to support@battleye.com, I will have to take a direct look at this via TeamViewer.