keyboard45

PvM Areas

Any word from the devs on areas that will be PvM only? Maybe if it was just one city or a few villages where players could meet up for netflix n chill, trade, rp, even group up and plan how they are going to make it out of the area alive as they are faced by about 20 hidden snipers waiting for them to leave the area. It would bring a nice social element to the game. Every game needs a social hub.

Let's go invent some random ass abbreviations on the internet and expect people to know dafuq we mean. What the hell does the M stand for? Men? Money? marines?

• Like 2

Let's go invent some random ass abbreviations on the internet and expect people to know dafuq we mean. What the hell does the M stand for? Men? Money? marines?

Ah. PVM is same as PVE. We used to say PVM in my old game. The 'M' stands for Monster.

I dont think that PVM areas fit in Dayz game concept, but if PVE happen, i think that the enviroment must be really really hardcore or it ll become boring

• Like 1

Hello there

PvM, to me is a very simple leap, although not an established norm.

As has been pointed out there are no official plans to actively implement any "Safe Zones".

rdgs

LoK

• Like 1

I was thinking just a social hub where people can happily RP and make friends without fear of getting shot.

Having PVE areas would be a bad idea. DayZ is about trust. As much as I love meetups, RP, trading posts etc, I wouldn't want an entire portion of the map to be limited to PVE. DayZ is about unpredictability. You'll just have to trust people if you want to do RP, or organise a meetup and hire some guards to stop bandits from tearing the place down. Besides, the developers have enough on their plates as is. We need optimisation and working zombies before we have PVE areas.

• Like 1

I was thinking just a social hub where people can happily RP and make friends without fear of getting shot.

This goes against the very soul of this game. The risk is what makes yourself nervous, and feel as if your really there...

• Like 2

"Player versus Monster" is a poor way to word it. 

If anything, DayZ has shown us that people are the real monsters.

• Like 4

"Player versus Monster" is a poor way to word it. 

People I can deal with, it's those damned Land Sharks that keep me awake at night.

• Like 2

DayZ is a player driven game. It is also a very realistic game (or at least its supposed to be). Having enforced safe zones would be contrary to this. The point is your supposed to create these things. Having them there permanently and not having to defend them is wrong. But, you gathering a group of friends and creating your own safe haven somewhere in the wastes, with the goal of helping and sheltering every man you meet? And then having to defend your hard work and lifes from bandits, zombies, and anything else that intends to destroy your work? Now THATS awesome. I support that greatly. That's the beauty of DayZ. You can create these things, and do literally whatever you want.

• Like 2

I wouldn't mind seeing some monsters in the game.

Anyone seen Troll Hunter?

Dragons pls. And make a mod to replace these with Thomas the Tank Engine.

• Like 1

Someone never dabbled in Runescape? Burn him!

--

I feel PvM, and 'safety zones' in general, would go against the core of the game. Rags words it nicely:

• Like 1

Meet player in town/base/city/coast/wilderness. Run 5 minutes into the woods.

Safe zone achieved.

• Like 1

there are PVE servers and RP servers. you can find a server pretty much that fits your playstyle  just got to look. hope that helps

Let the epoch guys do their thing when modding is added.

Gents of novo server is a good one. Novo is a safe zone and everywhere else is whatever you want it to be. It's not about rp or pve it's just a safe area to meet, chat and trade. Always popular servers too

Gents of novo server is a good one. Novo is a safe zone and everywhere else is whatever you want it to be. It's not about rp or pve it's just a safe area to meet, chat and trade. Always popular servers too

Gonna login today with a 75 mag akm and kill everyone thanks for dropping the info.

Gonna login today with a 75 mag akm and kill everyone thanks for dropping the info.

That's fine, people are dicks in there all the time but you'll get a server ban within about 30 minutes from the admin.

+edit+ I assumed you meant 'log into novo and kill people' which would get the server ban. If you just meant join the server and play normally outside of novo then you'll be fine. You do get a few people who gear up to then shoot guys in novo but not too many and the admins are active and quick to respond.

Check out the gents Facebook page as well, easy to report any issues there and you'll get info about events on any other servers in the hive.

Edited by stinkenheim

That's fine, people are dicks in there all the time but you'll get a server ban within about 30 minutes from the admin.

+edit+ I assumed you meant 'log into novo and kill people' which would get the server ban. If you just meant join the server and play normally outside of novo then you'll be fine. You do get a few people who gear up to then shoot guys in novo but not too many and the admins are active and quick to respond.

Check out the gents Facebook page as well, easy to report any issues there and you'll get info about events on any other servers in the hive.

... you took my post seriously...

Wasn't attempting to enforce PvE a no-no for server hosts awhile ago? Whatever happened to that rule.