insaneroy

The problem with the game. My views

Loot? WTF is loot? It's got to the point where there is nothing in the servers. Areas where there was loot, no loot there now. I would hate to count how many times i starved trying to find one can of Beans. Clothing, now if you want a tracksuit or scrubs no problem but if you want pocket slots good luck. Guns and ammo, fun thing about those 2 are if you find one you never find it's match. Backpack, my kingdom for a decent backpack. This game is for teams now the single player will travel the map for a hand full of useful loot. I'm not going to mention vehicles and parts(team efford again).

Is it me or is this boat sinking!

• Like 2

Food: There are apple trees and berry bushes in literally every settlement on the map. If you starve, it is because you are too lazy to search for them. And I totally find plenty of canned food and sodas, you just have to look in back sheds and such, instead of the more obvious spots.

Clothing: AHAHAHAHA. You literally stumble across GORKA, TTSkO, and helmets, berets, vests, and plate carriers at the military bases. Thing is: those are "supposed" to be "end-game" (for lack of a better term) pieces of equipment. You use the civilian backpacks and clothing until you get to military zones. Or, if you are halfway competent, you make your own backpack (arguably the most effectively camouflaged one in the game, to boot) with improvised rope (combine two 6-stacks of rags), some sticks, and a burlap sack.

Firearms: awesome. While firearms should be decently common, ammunition should be relatively rare. There are no more factories making new bullets, and the stockpiles have been steadily burnt through for the last few weeks/months. Hold onto an empty firearm until you find the ammo. .308 Winchester is relatively common, and fits in some of the "better" firearms in the game, both of which do not require magazines (the B95 Blaze double-rifle [my favorite, hands down], and the WInchester)

Vehicles and parts: What do you expect? When the game is actually released (I hope I don't have to tell you the game is STILL IN ALPHA at this point), the only people likely to have motorized vehicles are larger, more organized clans.

Playing "Lone Wolf" should totally be more difficult than playing with friends. Humanity organized into clans and tribes for a reason.

• Like 16

The loot system currently encourages you to just server hop if you want to gear up on the coast.  You're best off joining a low pop server, hitting all the cars in cherno, and then switching over.  Otherwise the coastal towns are cleared out because loot respawns too slowly.

Likewise, the "end game" kind of gear is the same.  If you want assault rifles and corresponding mags, you can trek across the map to a mil base.  On a high pop server chances are you're going to run into squads there, which is fine and fun, they're hot spots.  However, since the loot system is as it is, if you brave the base itself you're likely to just find boots and hats that no one has bothered to move so they don't cycle.  If you're extremely lucky you'll find an assault rifle, but likely not the corresponding mag/ammo.  So the option is to either come back hours later, hoping some one else cycled the loot for you or to server hop.  And even more so, server hop to a server where you're the only one on it and cycle it yourself.

Hopefully this is resolved when loot doesn't need to be interacted with for it to respawn, so there's a more constant turn over of items.

Finding food and regular gear isn't that big of a deal if you get off the coast to inland towns.  It's just that the game is forcing you to move off the coast which is a shitty way of creating traffic imo.  The mod did a much better job of providing motivation without straight up forcing movement.  It sounds like that's what they are striving to replicate though, so hopefully it gets there.

• Like 3

Everyone always goes on about loot "it's broken", "it's not working" or "X isn't spawning" when people join my server they ask "what's the loot like here?" I always point them in the direction of - https://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/223307-central-economy/

Now yes compared to 0.57 there is a lot less loot, but there is still 27,000 items between the maximum of 50 people right? There is food and clothing galore and like Whyherro123 said, desperate for food? There are berries and apples, around 6 apples and you can be pretty hydrated and energized.

Hope this helps man :)

• Like 2

Loot? WTF is loot? It's got to the point where there is nothing in the servers. Areas where there was loot, no loot there now. I would hate to count how many times i starved trying to find one can of Beans. Clothing, now if you want a tracksuit or scrubs no problem but if you want pocket slots good luck. Guns and ammo, fun thing about those 2 are if you find one you never find it's match. Backpack, my kingdom for a decent backpack. This game is for teams now the single player will travel the map for a hand full of useful loot. I'm not going to mention vehicles and parts(team efford again).

Or just move inland, no lack of anything there

• Like 1

I don't share your views. I find loot pretty much everywhere. Yesterday I started a new char on a private hive. Hade jacket and pants full of Pipsi and Beans. No problems!

In case of emergency, just pick apples/berries for five minutes and you're setlled.

Edited by IgnobleBasterd

Spawned in Berezino last night, headed toward pusta due to the gun battle going on in the town. Found 3 jackets, 2 pair of pants, boonie hat, fishing lure, glow plugs, couple of cans of food and soda. Then found a sporter with a 10 round mag.....only 1 town north west of spawn point on a full pop 50/50 server. Loot is out there you just need to look

Edited by Tobias Winfro

The ghostship is just starting to merge from the bottom of the sea and shaping into the Titanic.

Honestly its piss easy to get an AK74 or SKS nowadays ammo and mags included, just head straight for myshkino or NWAF.

And pick some apple trees along the way, thats all.

Edited by jayfkay
  • Like 1

Played a couple of hours earlier as a new character on a full private hive. Didn't pick one apple. Have an improvised backpack, magnum and mosin with ammo. Full green statuses. Was by myself.

I think you will be better off once modding is introduced and plentiful mods with loads of loot are created.

Sounds like you won't like vanilla too much.

• Like 3

I think you will be better off once modding is introduced and plentiful mods with loads of loot are created.

Sounds like you won't like vanilla too much.

I think its most likely a case of the general retardness where people don't go inland and cry...

Just looted Stary Sobor. 10 food cans and drinks, AKM with a 30 Rnd mag and nice hunting clothes. 20 players server.

• Like 1

I think its most likely a case of the general retardness where people don't go inland and cry...

Just looted Stary Sobor. 10 food cans and drinks, AKM with a 30 Rnd mag and nice hunting clothes. 20 players server.

It could also be that people got used to checking only a certain few houses, the guard shacks, firehouses and police stations. I've seen so many people skip over other less useful houses because before .58 stuff only spawned in these houses. Low pop or high pop, loot is out there waiting to be found

• Like 2

Played a couple of hours earlier as a new character on a full private hive. Didn't pick one apple. Have an improvised backpack, magnum and mosin with ammo. Full green statuses. Was by myself.

I 2nd. this. Same with my play style.

• Like 1

It could also be that people got used to checking only a certain few houses, the guard shacks, firehouses and police stations. I've seen so many people skip over other less useful houses because before .58 stuff only spawned in these houses. Low pop or high pop, loot is out there waiting to be found

You're right. I've seen so many small "industrial" sheds that have a lot of drinks and cans.

Personally, when I am passing by a small town and I'm in a good mood - I just can't leave unlooted buildings behind... I feel I'm missing stuff.

• Like 1

Yep people are still thinking "gun house", "food house", "nothing much ever spawns in that house so I won't bother checking" etc

only problem out of that lot is the backpacks, the rest is fine. though the glowplug can be hard but lately it has been spawning normally.

if you skip buildings then you will starve.......

Edited by surviv0r
  • Like 1

only problem out of that lot is the backpacks, the rest is fine. though the glowplug can be hard but lately it has been spawning normally.

if you skip buildings then you will starve.......

I saw more truck batteries than I did backpacks today

I saw more truck batteries than I did backpacks today

yeah they are tough for some reason

There is already great tips for the OP (and others that might be asking the same). There is nothing that hasn't been said that I wouldn't of suggested myself. The thing is, is as this game changes, if you're not adjusting then you're being left behind and just left more frustrated. The fact that it is more challenging to find food and ammo is probably how the game was intended to be played. Just because you have to actually travel a little now and you can't just log into Cherno and run to the guard house now to gear up doesn't mean there is something wrong with the game. Just means you haven't moved forth and adjusted like most others.

• Like 2

I agree that the loot is still broken but I will  wait for the next stable update  for this issue to be resolved. Unless the Developers abandoned dayz and made it this way now.

Admittedly, I've been lucky to find a couple of hunting backpacks, but I've left behind dozens of SPOSN and mountain backpacks.  The only things that I really noticed being hard to find are SVD rifles; I've been hoarding mags since .58 hotfix, and still haven't seen the rifle.  Only seen one AK101, and sadly learned of the fast decay time of guns left on the ground when I went to go find a barrel for it; found my first FNX at a helicrash yesterday.  Honestly, the only thing you can't be guranteed to find after around four hours of honest looking is the SVD.

Look everywhere.  I have found M65 jackets just laying around in the street; have a network of barrels up and down the western corridor, stuffed with AKs of all types ready to go; am on the verge of placing a barrel with battery and plug next to every truck spawn; and when I die, it only takes me three hours of playing to get back to my desired kit, Green cowboy hat, gas mask, tan M65, beige cargos, brown gloves, brown military boots, combat knife, full plate carrier, and either tortilla or hunting backpack(improvised backpack for running around looking for trouble).

If you aren't finding loot, you either aren't traveling far enough, or you aren't checking every building.

Maybe if people weren't killing everyone they meet we'd still have a substantial player base that was willing to work together to resolve loot shortages... 

• Like 4

Maybe if people weren't killing everyone they meet we'd still have a substantial player base that was willing to work together to resolve loot shortages... 

I guess it is too late to reverse back into a sandbox game. Most people who like interaction have left, since guns were everywhere and everyone was understandably just shooting around for a lack of other threats and nothing else to do on the map. I guess that's the inherent design flaw of adding gun after gun after gun - all the while leaving the rest of the game to itself. Now the game might slowly get harder, but that's too little, too late for a larger playerbase apart from the PvP crew. These days are over.

I guess it is too late to reverse back into a sandbox game. Most people who like interaction have left, since guns were everywhere and everyone was understandably just shooting around for a lack of other threats and nothing else to do on the map. I guess that's the inherent design flaw of adding gun after gun after gun - all the while leaving the rest of the game to itself. Now the game might slowly get harder, but that's too little, too late for a larger playerbase apart from the PvP crew. These days are over.

i agree with you, but i think the "real" dayz playerbase will be back when this game is finished.

the pewpew people will leave when its finished and BI has made the most money they could earn with this game.

so, it will take a while to swap but it will

• Like 1