Jex

Glow Plug?

I spent 3 hours looking yesterday, any ideas?

First of, those things are really rare. 

second, Glow plugs spawns only at sheds.

Third, IMO, never look exclusively for glow plugs, it's frustrating. check every sheds on the way to your destination to find one.

4th, my last try on finding those took me 5-6 hours but after that i found one, i found more.

5th, if your gonna exlucively search for those, try towns that no one goes normally. 

They're often not even visible on the floor (they're pretty small), so you're going to need to use tab in the sheds to spot them.

• Like 4

They're often not even visible on the floor (they're pretty small), so you're going to need to use tab in the sheds to spot them.

yeah, forgot to mentioned that. you always should use vicinity while in sheds.

I found one for the first time yesterday after at least 35 hours in 0.58 (incl. exp). Of course not long after I got shot in the back and lost it again. Granted I was never looking for them but it shows how rare they can be.

I generally look north east, there are a couple of sheds that spawn the battery, plug and tire kit at the same time :)

I check every shed and so far I found one plug (they can be easily overlooked or even taken for pens) and two batteries. Apart from that, 1 jerry can, 3 tire kits and 3 tires. Seems it's not gonna be easy to drive around in .58.

never look exclusively for glow plugs, it's frustrating.

but after that i found one, i found more.

You just described the quintessential DayZ looting experience: if you're looking for it, you'll never find it; if you don't need it, it will be everywhere.

• Like 6

You just described the quintessential DayZ looting experience: if you're looking for it, you'll never find it; if you don't need it, it will be everywhere.

Spot on, with the additonal caveat that 'pretending' not to look for it never works :D. You must actively and honestly clear your mind of any intentions to use it. Only then dayz transcendence can be achieved.

Another Murphy's Law in dayz - for me, it's always either weapons or magazines, either batteries or plugs, either helmets or visors, etc.

• Like 2

Spot on, with the additonal caveat that 'pretending' not to look for it never works :D. You must actively and honestly clear your mind of any intentions to use it. Only then dayz transcendence can be achieved.

Another Murphy's Law in dayz - for me, it's always either weapons or magazines, either batteries or plugs, either helmets or visors, etc.

LMAo this definitely and it's so fucking true it's unreal! You both forgot the part where after you die, the thing is in the next house you search but only if finding it is now useless to you lol.

Can somebody post a pic of the Shed so I know which on it is though I think I have an idea and yes, I've been using the tab search thing  too.

Thanks all :)

Can somebody post a pic of the Shed so I know which on it is though I think I have an idea and yes, I've been using the tab search thing  too.

Any shed, really. I've found them in every variety of them, including the "storage units" (the cluster of three workshop/garage things with red doors).

• Like 1

Any shed, really. I've found them in every variety of them, including the "storage units" (the cluster of three workshop/garage things with red doors).

OK those are the places I've been looking as well as the "garden" variety you get around houses.

Ok so it seems i'll just come across one in a month or so.

This is so true!!

Whenever I need something in Dayz, that is the time I can't find it anywhere. I spent days looking for a glow plug. Finally gave up and someone else got the truck (I'd previously been sabotaging their efforts while I looked by stealing the tires). Next day, found a glow plug.

Edited by entspeak
  • Like 1

This is so true!!

Whenever I need something in Dayz, that is the time I can't find it anywhere. I spent days looking for a glow plug. Finally gave up and someone else got the truck (I'd previously been sabotaging their efforts while I looked by stealing the tires). Next day, found a glow plug.

DayZ in a nutshell, lol

I have two and found them in the same place - someone else's tent.

So tents are working now?

Exactly...................... I never look for them and now I am carrying 4 on me........ LOL!

Edited by vmgunny
  • Like 1

I found one in a wooden shed in bf nowhere, you can have it if you want

I found one in a wooden shed in bf nowhere, you can have it if you want

I was at that same shed. It spawns there all the time.
  • Like 1

Ive found glow plugs in various shed, those don't seem to hard to find, but batteries are tough. And tents even are harder. Only found one military tent, no civilian tents yet.

I have two and found them in the same place - someone else's tent.

Why do people still use tents when barrels sit so completely hidden in shrubbery?

I spent ages looking for a glowplug and then found one and then found another one really soon afterwards. 

Goodnight. 

Never seen one, but since I have seen trucks rollin' about in 0.58 they must exist.

I've only found a few so far, and it's always been inside of sheds. I'm not sure why, as most sheds wouldn't contain glow plugs. They'd generally be taken from other cars, or found in stores. I guess everyone in Chernarus is a mechanic.

Found one. Drove the truck 100 yards and lightly scraped into a sign post pole and blew the two front wheels clean off.....

OK not too bad as after a server restart it was fine again though not really impressed with the vehicle dynamics tbh - a bit shit.