boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

I heard that. I swear to god one of these days I'll learn Lua.

Better learn c# or c+ I think. I don't even know if Lua is useful anymore. 

Better learn c# or c+ I think. I don't even know if Lua is useful anymore. 

Damn. :(

So Boneboy, you hidden my honest feedback huh? Pretty sad you have to hide my post because it is my truth, and you need to cover up when someone has negative feedback huh?...or is it because I used the word "fucking"?

Do not say anything negative people or they hide your post from the thread...they do not want honesty here, I guess they only accept praise, from the people who do not have a fucking clue why this game will take years. When people post something that is true...even though it may be negative it should not be hidden...my inbox got several hits before you hid my post.

So atleast some people see through your guys bullshit...I am not the only one.

Edited by JasJack

So Boneboy, you hidden my honest feedback huh? Pretty sad you have to hide my post because it is my truth, and you need to cover up when someone has negative feedback huh?...or is it because I used the word "fucking"?

Do not say anything negative people or they hide your post from the thread...they do not want honesty here, I guess they only accept praise, from the people who do not have a fucking clue why this game will take years. When people post something that is true...even though it may be negative it should not be hidden...my inbox got several hits before you hid my post.

So atleast some people see through your guys bullshit...I am not the only one.

Nothing of what you posted was related to the game itself, any problems, bugs, playability. All you did was bitch about what you thought they were spending their time and money on.

I'm guessing that's why it was deleted. Complete irrelevance. Perhaps use better judgement and a little bit of tact next time.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy
  • Like 8

Eugen harton , please fucking save us from despair ... I NEED .59 . NEED ! I'm just gonna curl into a little ball on my floor and cry til it's released ! I tried playing .58 , I got geared up in twenty mins , one town away from the coast and saw no animals or Zeds in 2 hours :( im so ready for .59 I can't even think straight .. I've been calling out of work all week Cuz of the flu watching martial arts movies but my heart yearns for dayz .59 : a true dayz experience it will be .

• Like 5

Do what I do and patiently play a game you love to hate and check back here regularly like I believe a lot of survivors are doing right now.

When the infected are back and small cars show up, Junior and I will be in there like swimwear.

That.  And my son started playing just before the zombies were removed and zeds were integral to why was hooked (he is intimidated by PvP and is too young to appreciate PvE).  He and I both won't play until they are back.  Honestly I'm a bit peeved they took away our co-gaming experience - one of the few games our tastes overlapped.  But that's my issue, not BI's.

Lately, I see DayZ the way I see my job.

I don't know if I love to hate it or hate to love it, but I damn sure don't like how it treats me right now! :)

Well, that almost sounds like wisdom :thumbsup: , meaning I found myself immediately agreeing but had to think about it a few moments to really understand.

Eugen harton , please fucking save us from despair ... I NEED .59 . NEED ! I'm just gonna curl into a little ball on my floor and cry til it's released ! I tried playing .58 , I got geared up in twenty mins , one town away from the coast and saw no animals or Zeds in 2 hours :( im so ready for .59 I can't even think straight .. I've been calling out of work all week Cuz of the flu watching martial arts movies but my heart yearns for dayz .59 : a true dayz experience it will be .

Heheh that in combination with your puppy avatar and the previous posts really put me in a soft spot. I'd give you 0.59 right away after reading it. Maybe you have to photoshop some "hollywood eyes" on the puppy (5% larger than normal), but otherwise you are a master at the art of begging ;) I feel you though, I could cry like a wolf for 0.59, because there are literally no other games I wanna play (except Expendabros, check it out, c'est free! oO

EUGEN please have a heart ffs. This puppy's gonna die of despair, if he can't sit in a Lada and put his head out of the window soon! 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 3

My goodness, the level of despair, I....I just can't take it anymore!

@eugenplz

I don't think the hive can survive another week+ without an update!

• Like 3

Do what I do and patiently play a game you love to hate and check back here regularly like I believe a lot of survivors are doing right now.

since 3 weeks i´m "VIP" customer on steam.....bought so much crappy games i can´t count...only to wait for .59  :blush:

• Like 2

I was playing Inindo: Way of the Ninja.

I got a bit burnt on that and am entertaining myself with horror movies because 'tis the season.

Zombeavers

Wolfcop

Unnatural

Re-Kill

You're welcome.

• Like 2

Woot! No patch friday!

Isn't today the very first no-planned, No Patch Friday?

Indeed it is! Woohoo! Thank you, Killawife!

I...I hope that's a good thing, given the moniker you chose...

Edited by whiskeytango

Is a character reset inbound for 0.59?

Or do we not need to reset characters this time around?

Edited by whiskeytango

Is a character reset inbound for 0.59?

Or do we not need to reset characters this time around?

I'm sure they'll reset the characters because of all the loot issues.

I honestly wish they would just wait until they have the zombies worked out to release another update... DayZ is a game based around zombies and it's extremely boring without them. I haven't played in weeks...

• Like 1

I'm sure they'll reset the characters because of all the loot issues.

I honestly wish they would just wait until they have the zombies worked out to release another update... DayZ is a game based around zombies and it's extremely boring without them. I haven't played in weeks...

Most if not all patches come with a reset.

Read the last status report about the planned reintroduction of infected in .59.

• Like 5

Man i am really starting to lose hope in that game... I've been a big supporter of it and a patient man when it comes to update, but now, it seems to become ridiculous how we are all kept in the dark about anything regarding the game's development process. 

I don't ask the PR team (Or Dev team) to give us full details about what's going on but at least, an update here and there about how complete the work on the patch is (Example : We are 75% done on the patch's buildup and testing, but X and Y factors are holding us back for now, resolving this issue could result in a delay of minimum X days regarding the patch launch)

I would like to know why is it that hard to include such a basic informative process in the project ? Anyone ?!?

Man i am really starting to lose hope in that game... I've been a big supporter of it and a patient man when it comes to update, but now, it seems to become ridiculous how we are all kept in the dark about anything regarding the game's development process. 

I don't ask the PR team (Or Dev team) to give us full details about what's going on but at least, an update here and there about how complete the work on the patch is (Example : We are 75% done on the patch's buildup and testing, but X and Y factors are holding us back for now, resolving this issue could result in a delay of minimum X days regarding the patch launch)

I would like to know why is it that hard to include such a basic informative process in the project ? Anyone ?!?

Hicks gave us a list of blockers in the last status report, since then Eugene has said that the only one they are still working on is vehicle desync. What more do you want?

• Like 2

Hicks gave us a list of blockers in the last status report, since then Eugene has said that the only one they are still working on is vehicle desync. What more do you want?

Good explanation.

The best news/details from the dev team isn't that easy to follow.

Eugen and Hicks' twitter feeds usually have the latest news and we often post the most relevant stuff to the current build threads (like this one) but you have to follow it very closely and not miss a post.

SO, status reports, twitter, dev tracker (on forum), and the current build threads (stable/experimental); follow these and you'll always have the latest and best information.

docjiggy

This has been a particularly dark patch for DayZ dev and it's even a bit rougher than some of us more cynical types could have guessed it would be lately but we are probably getting very "close" (my guess would be less than 2 weeks away, I HOPE for before Halloween) to the release of experimental 0.59 which just might be one of the best patches since release.

• Like 3

I dont get it, devs got a lot of money for this game and still there is only one person who is working on new update??? Why this game do not have more devolpers? NO hate just asking but seriosly this game should hit beta in 2016??? No way

Damn people really have no patience over something that gets bumped back that's not even set in stone.

Question for you guys, in my opinion .59 is a pretty massive update(new vehicles, gear, gameplay mechanics, not to mention the return of the infected), coupled with these recent attacks on BI infrastructure. So why get disgruntled?? We all should be psyched that we're about to get a major update like this.

My one question is if .59 will skip the expermental stage and go straight to stable? I doubt it, seems like .58 will be holding down stable for a little while longer.

• Like 2

Damn people really have no patience over something that gets bumped back that's not even set in stone.

Question for you guys, in my opinion .59 is a pretty massive update(new vehicles, gear, gameplay mechanics, not to mention the return of the infected), coupled with these recent attacks on BI infrastructure. So why get disgruntled?? We all should be psyched that we're about to get a major update like this.

My one question is if .59 will skip the expermental stage and go straight to stable? I doubt it, seems like .58 will be holding down stable for a little while longer.

We've been told that there will be Experimental branch but it will be more polished moving forward.

I dont get it, devs got a lot of money for this game and still there is only one person who is working on new update??? Why this game do not have more devolpers? NO hate just asking but seriosly this game should hit beta in 2016??? No way

They've got way more than one person... they've got multiple teams working on different parts of the game. They have said that beta is planned for early next year, but I personally think that's a bit of a squished time frame. I would much rather wait until late 2016 and see a solid build than a rushed beta coming in early 2016. Big games require major work, and with all the terrible AAA titles recently being released unfinished and buggy, I think we have learned that patience is a virtue...

• Like 2