boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

Today i was in Novo and had some realy bad desync somehow

i died by falling from a high ground when i was in a building.

Then i respawnt in Berezino and i had the view contents option from my dead character.

Edited by xCrankx
  • Like 1

Then i respawnt in Berezino and i had the view contents option from my dead character.

Better delete the rest of the post to avoid abuse. Report it at the feedback tracker with the private option, nice catch though.
  • Like 1

(Posted this in the "How was your DayZ" discussion thread but figured this might be a good place also. Not sure if we got owned but if this sounds like an exploit you've witnessed or experienced then I'll report it and delete.)

I was working overwatch in the southern end of Berezino again- just west of the police station area. I noticed someone just appeared on the roof of the large brick industrial building with a long rifle so I called out to them. Figured he spawned in there between scans. The guy was facing SSW so we agreed the guys could safely climb up and hit him from behind. If the guy turned I could fire or bam could just stay on the ladder until he looked the other way again. 

The guy crouched for a second, then sat down... and I thought he might be logging. Bam and Dave were still on the ground and I was about to call them off when the guy went prone again and kept moving around. About 30 seconds passed as we hammered out a plan and I kept my eyes on at about 600m. I didn't have a fantastic shot but definitely knew the range well enough to get close if I had to distract him briefly. 

JUST before we put things in motion the guy just disappeared from my sight... He just evaporated in stark contrast from the law of conservation of mass and energy where "something" can not become "nothing."

Almost immediately after the guy disappeared... maybe about 5 seconds later gunfire erupted and both DaveB and Bam were dead. Dave thought it sounded like the guy shot at them through the building. Perhaps the game did not offend the law of mass / energy after all. He hadn't become nothing- he just moved.

I'd have never, ever believed that was possible if I hadn't seen (a video of) Dave spawn inside the building during a reset in .57... he could see out the walls (they were invisible) but could not walk through them. I'm not sure if you can shoot through them or not? He was able to climb up the ladder from inside and then popped out the roof.

I'm extremely hesitant to call glitch abuse or "haxor!" because that's the common goto when people get owned by someone who was just playing it better than they were- but I have to admit the kills were extremely suspicious given the circumstances. 

Edited by ENO75

(Posted this in the "How was your DayZ" discussion thread but figured this might be a good place also. Not sure if we got owned but if this sounds like an exploit you've witnessed or experienced then I'll report it and delete.)

I was working overwatch in the southern end of Berezino again- just west of the police station area. I noticed someone just appeared on the roof of the large brick industrial building with a long rifle so I called out to them. Figured he spawned in there between scans. The guy was facing SSW so we agreed the guys could safely climb up and hit him from behind. If the guy turned I could fire or bam could just stay on the ladder until he looked the other way again. 

The guy crouched for a second, then sat down... and I thought he might be logging. Bam and Dave were still on the ground and I was about to call them off when the guy went prone again and kept moving around. About 30 seconds passed as we hammered out a plan and I kept my eyes on at about 600m. I didn't have a fantastic shot but definitely knew the range well enough to get close if I had to distract him briefly. 

JUST before we put things in motion the guy just disappeared from my sight... He just evaporated in stark contrast from the law of conservation of mass and energy where "something" can not become "nothing."

-snip-

What you describe might be a product of desynch + ghosting.

It's hard to say more without a video to watch.

• Like 1

After booting up, I try to play Dayz stable and the menu is there and nothing else but bright color background. I try to join a server and it hangs for about 3 minutes and looks like I am logging in and then says session lost. When I get back out to the menu, now it looks ok and my character is there in his gear and when I go try to join again, it is fine. First time loading is screwed up?

This happens quite often for me. ( view contents )

Better delete the rest of the post to avoid abuse. Report it at the feedback tracker with the private option, nice catch though.

You get the view contents but you can't actually get anything from it because it disappears almost instantaneously. Soon as you press F, it just flashes and it's gone. It seems to appear after all my deaths really.

Unless he mentioned that he actually did get stuff and it was edited out.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy

Ok i was away today but now did both things. Hope it will get fixed soon. Thx

• Like 1

What you describe might be a product of desynch + ghosting.

It's hard to say more without a video to watch.

unfortunately it doesn't sound like it. One of the guys said: 

When u said oh i think the guy logged out he appeared in the wall(face and gun showing) in the wall at base of the ladder. I could see him therefore i shot at him at him with no effect. And when Bam died he teleported right to my left ( left of the building and shotted me in the face. I think we should avoid this building since it seems we can glitch into it.

• Like 1

unfortunately it doesn't sound like it. One of the guys said: 

When u said oh i think the guy logged out he appeared in the wall(face and gun showing) in the wall at base of the ladder. I could see him therefore i shot at him at him with no effect. And when Bam died he teleported right to my left ( left of the building and shotted me in the face. I think we should avoid this building since it seems we can glitch into it.

Yeah, man. That does sound much more suspect....

Could be wall exploit or wall hax for sure.

Garbage bullshit alpha sadness.

• Like 2

not sure if it is .58 or earlier, but i noticed it this morning. you can now combine boxes of matches to get up to 100 matches in a box

[sNIPPED]

I'm extremely hesitant to call glitch abuse or "haxor!" because that's the common goto when people get owned by someone who was just playing it better than they were- but I have to admit the kills were extremely suspicious given the circumstances. 

Berezino seems to be the only sure fire coastal PVP city these days. At least for me anyways...

Having set up in one of the dock cranes with a scoped Winchester and supressors, I've witnessed tons of hacking glitching. Some of it caught with OBS recorder. But... without dealing damage to one of them [cheaters] for log purposes, there is no way to report it to the Admins.

Just today saw two people run in from the north, clip through the train station ticket building, clip through the police station walls, and then run off down the street without exiting from either of the two doors.

Item cleanup (and thus, I suspect spawning) is getting janky on the private server I frequent (UN #2).  There's been a coat laying in the woods since Thursday.  Gonna drop some stuff when I stop playing today and see if it's there tomorrow.

• Like 2

After booting up, I try to play Dayz stable and the menu is there and nothing else but bright color background. I try to join a server and it hangs for about 3 minutes and looks like I am logging in and then says session lost. When I get back out to the menu, now it looks ok and my character is there in his gear and when I go try to join again, it is fine. First time loading is screwed up?

I posted this in the "What is wrong with my DayZ" thread in the troubleshooting thread. I'm completely unsure what is the issue because I've had the game since launch and I've never experienced a graphical issue like I was getting this week. I've never add launch parameters and out of nowhere I started getting the "-nosplash" type of blue background menu with no character showing. Then when I would get into the game it was like my lighting was completely jacked up. It was very dark, no sky existed, and when it rained my character looked like he was made of water with a giant round blob shadow around my character. I want to find a explanation of what caused this, because I don't want it happening again. It was a complete pain to fix and honestly I'm surprised I was able to after I was about out of options.

I bet the game also loads to a blue screen menu also right?

I was not running -nosplash or any launch parameters. Out of no where I started getting this same weird graphical issue. It would also make my character look like he was made of water at times. I tried literally everything to fix this and NOTHING would work. 

I deleted my cfg - did not fix

I deleted my profiles - did not work

I verified my game cache on steam - did not work

I reset graphical settings to default - did not work

I checked to make sure my video card (AMD 290) had latest patch - did not work

Restarted steam and PC - not change

Finally as a last ditch solution. I deleted DayZ completely and reinstalled THIS DID NOT FIX IT.

I finally deleted the CFG that was installed and restarted to allow game to create yet another new CFG and FINALLY did I fix it. This is what confuses me, I deleted the entire game and restarted WHY did the problem hang around until AFTER this adjustment? 

I wish we could get some kind of solution of what is causing this. I really really don't want this to happen again. 

Edited by phobiaOS

Item cleanup (and thus, I suspect spawning) is getting janky on the private server I frequent (UN #2).  There's been a coat laying in the woods since Thursday.  Gonna drop some stuff when I stop playing today and see if it's there tomorrow.

I've seen clothes with items inside them that have remained on the ground for at least a week.

I'd reckon the only solution would be to have persistence wipes ever so often? At least for the person renting the server.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy

I'd reckon the only solution would be to have persistence wipes ever so often? At least for the person renting the server.

It's probably just certain items (appears to be clothing) and others if you'll notice, have varied timers when interacted with. Try not to touch it and see if it ever gets cleaned.

It's like; without zombies, what else do we have to occupy our time other than PvP and farming a million pumpkins?

Build a base out of barrels and tents, and make an isolation pen for subject ruined jacket zero. 

The greatest experiment.

It's like; without zombies, what else do we have to occupy our time other than PvP and farming a million pumpkins?

I spend my time looking for camps and testing campsites.  Fing and I have one very large camp that has gone unmolested since we set it up on day 2 of .58 (on a high pop private hive).  Have found 6 other camps, but none spectacular.  Dismayed to read on reddit that people can set up camps in debug - couldn't the devs just make it so that debug is unenterable - what's the point?

Edited by Thurman Merman

I spend my time looking for camps and testing campsites.  Fing and I have one very large camp that has gone unmolested since we set it up on day 2 of .58 (on a high pop private hive).  Have found 6 other camps, but none spectacular.  Dismayed to read on reddit that people can set up camps in debug - couldn't the devs just make it so that debug is unenterable - what's the point?

Once helicopters are introduced, the camps located in the debug area will become extremely vulnerable. In fact, due to the lack of cover, any movement in the debug area will be extremely risky.

Still, I can't help but to grin at the thought of a couple of AI controlled A-10 Thunderbolts patrolling the DMZ debug zone. This would be waaay more fun than completely closing off the debug area. It would be great fun to chase hostages out into debug and then sit back and watch the show. :D

Come get some!

• Like 2

I have this exact same thing happen to me every time I first start up the game. I wonder how many people get this? It didn't happen at the beginning of the .58 stable release, so maybe a hotfix caused it? IDK. hard to tell from here LOL

so cleanup stopped working? or did it just get altered or what? keep finding random shit in random places (not in spawnpoints). it worked flawlessly right at hotfix release :/

Getting into servers is becoming more difficult in terms of the spectacular lag of the whole process. On some it will sort itself out, but on others it won't and is just massively laggy, sometimes culminating in session lost. This does seem worse to me when trying to log in around areas where there are likely to be large stashes.

I can't help wondering if this is related to the 'big camps' lag and server-load issues that the hotfix two weeks ago was intended to sort?

You have to paint it black.

Incidentally, M4 devotees, if you try to repaint your RIS guard with the bipod on it, the bipod will fall off. If you don't have inventory space for it, it (I think) will fall on to the ground.

Not noticing this will cause later rage.

Not sure yet if this applies to AKs

I have this exact same thing happen to me every time I first start up the game. I wonder how many people get this? It didn't happen at the beginning of the .58 stable release, so maybe a hotfix caused it? IDK. hard to tell from here LOL

Same happens here. Started with the last small update (not the hotfix the update after that).

so cleanup stopped working? or did it just get altered or what? keep finding random shit in random places (not in spawnpoints). it worked flawlessly right at hotfix release :/

I have the impression that some spawnpoints have an offset. The items spawn 1m next to the location it usually spawns. And since a few days I find medial clothes everywhere. Even in the military barracks in pavlovo.

If you put items in clothes that never have been picked up the items do not get cleaned up. I reported this bug some time ago but it was obviously not fixed with the hotfix.

And if you directly swap items on the ground the dropped item is also no cleaned up. Otherwise I noticed no cleanup bugs recently.