boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

On a server with persistence, the truck uprights itself and refills with gas, fully repaired on server restart. If the truck is completely destroyed, it reverts back to it's original spawn point I believe.

. That's good news - how do I know what server restart time are (it's an official server ).

Thanks CC

On EXP branch, the restarts were every 12 hours, 7pm CST if I remember correctly. I haven't played on official / public servers on stable though to confirm that it's the same.

Edited by Creamy Cowboy

I have a V3S that is COMPLETELY messed up. It appears to be fine, but it won't go past 5 km/h and I cannot do anything to the tires. Any ideas?

I have a V3S that is COMPLETELY messed up. It appears to be fine, but it won't go past 5 km/h and I cannot do anything to the tires. Any ideas?

My theory is that this happens when every single tire on the vehicle has been replaced by a restart but I haven't gotten around to testing it out yet so I haven't reported it. 

My theory is that this happens when every single tire on the vehicle has been replaced by a restart but I haven't gotten around to testing it out yet so I haven't reported it. 

Well, I sorta tested that. I flipped a V3S and I tried blowing it up to see if that would just get rid of it in general, but I had no luck with that so then I just took off all of the tires. The server restart and all of the tires were replaced, but the truck was still on its side. I left it alone and did my thing. However, the next time I logged in... it was upright. I am thinking that someone else must have rammed it with their V3S, but maybe the second restart fixed it. Anyway, I was then able to drive it and what did I do? I wrecked it. Haha :-) I tried to fix it with a tire repair kit, but I couldn't even access the wheels. I stashed it in some trees and now the tires are fixed, but I certainly can't drive it. :-/

Indeed. I try to apply my grunt experience to games as well heh. I just need a belt fed weapon to really feel in place lol. I have more urban experience than conventional environmental tactics. Of course playing in 3rd person somewhat negates a lot of things because of the dang camera view.

It's hard sometimes in this game because my fricken adrenaline pumps like crazy, hands shaking, heart pounding ... one reason why I love this game. No other game has given me this experience.

I also have that, I guess all players have. It's what makes this game unique and worth playing over and over.

I work on the hopper stomping alongside cold... We do try to avoid collateral damage (like killing the low pop non hopper) by watching the pop list. Much easier to keep track of when it's low pop... Unfortunately our server is low pop since it's pretty new so we can keep good track of who is up to what.

If you're alone in there for awhile then it's an anomaly on its own and we take notice. We know there's a good chance you're just going about your business somewhere else. If you're the only one in there with us and we eventually see you at the NWAF it becomes a different exercise. EVERYONE is entitled to work their way over to the NWAF to see what they can find. These aren't the people we're working against...

Someone arrives on the server and within 5 minutes a character is rummaging around a quonset? There's a SLIM chance that it's the person who has been in the server the whole time... but the odds are pretty low.

That's a good tactic yeah. Usually after 1 hour I'm the person who is the highest in the player list, which means I'm the longest there. I haven't seen a lot of players who played on one server.

But I guess in the end you will never see me. I only go to the airfield when there is one or two other players. Even then, I check out the area a bit before storming in.

Man! I would absolutely love that.

But you have to differentiate as I did not say that the ak74 was actually the most common gun in chernarus.

I was merely speaking from a game / military loot balance point of view with the current weaponry given. If we look at the AK variants with the non-nerfed AKM in mind, the AK74 would be the weakest and as such be a reasonable choice for the most common one.

Making the AKM heli exclusive would be a way to balance out its power.

I know you didn't say that. I was only implying that we should take the military standard issue from Czech Republic as the most common weapon.

If that isn't an option I would go for the standard issue of Russia. Which will be the AK74M instead of the AK74.

The AK74M isn't that different compared to the standard AK74. It's basically small upgrades for accessories which the switching of hand guards produce .. for the ease of mounting accessories. It's a lot of polymer parts like the butt stock and the other black hand guard that you can put on which are actually in the game. So essentially you can put together an AK74M with parts available in the game with exception of the grenade launcher heh. ( from the info I gathered online )

Edited by Creamy Cowboy

SteamDB activity on experimentalprep ~8 hours ago, and 0.59 is on the internal test servers. Keep your fingers crossed :)

May experimental god smile upon us!

anyway, as far as i understood, we won't see any change engine side to dayz but it's there in the files, right ?

Well, I sorta tested that. I flipped a V3S and I tried blowing it up to see if that would just get rid of it in general, but I had no luck with that so then I just took off all of the tires. The server restart and all of the tires were replaced, but the truck was still on its side. I left it alone and did my thing. However, the next time I logged in... it was upright. I am thinking that someone else must have rammed it with their V3S, but maybe the second restart fixed it. Anyway, I was then able to drive it and what did I do? I wrecked it. Haha :-) I tried to fix it with a tire repair kit, but I couldn't even access the wheels. I stashed it in some trees and now the tires are fixed, but I certainly can't drive it. :-/

I had the same experience as you after the events in the video below.

The next day I went to the crash site and found the truck upright and with 6 new wheels. However it would only go very slow and came to a complete stop uphill.

I assumed the tires were all flat or something but never tried to fix them because I had no tire repair kit. So I simply abandoned the truck.

I had a 2.4 MB update on stable.

Seems to have been a Battleeye update.

Edited by SAK

May experimental god smile upon us!

anyway, as far as i understood, we won't see any change engine side to dayz but it's there in the files, right ?

Sadly not, Eugen wrote on twitter, that there won't be an exp update today. I'm hoping for friday. We'll See.

And yes, just files to prepare the new engine. But nothing visible for US.

Edited by xCAPx
  • Like 2

Sadly not, Eugen wrote on twitter, that there won't be an exp update today. I'm hoping for friday. We'll See.

And yes, just files to prepare the new engine. But nothing visible for US.

What did i do that makes experimental god so angry? we should sacrifice a bambi !

i just hope we can see status report today, those things became a mess this dayZ. hopefully we can hear somethings about the map. last time i checked they were doing some Big changes to map, so maybe a pic that shows a glimpse would be nice.

Yea at this rate I'm gonna come back next week; I can't bare .58 because of lack of 1pp players and zombies ... I really hope they work on pushing .59 out this week but I doubt it will happen ...

• Like 1

Seems pretty likely we'll see changes to the "sound" part of the game engine :)

• Like 4

Yea at this rate I'm gonna come back next week; I can't bare .58 because of lack of 1pp players and zombies ... I really hope they work on pushing .59 out this week but I doubt it will happen ...

Oh ye of little faith....

I believe we will see 0.59 this week!

I BELIEVE!!

• Like 3

I thought I'd make a comic to reflect some trends in the CLE...

V1WozhI.jpg

Edited by MotleyKoop
  • Like 7

Seems pretty likely we'll see changes to the "sound" part of the game engine :)

that actually would be great, and how cool is 

Enduro Dirtbike Edited by VahidkinG
  • Like 2

I had the same experience as you after the events in the video below.

The next day I went to the crash site and found the truck upright and with 6 new wheels. However it would only go very slow and came to a complete stop uphill.

I assumed the tires were all flat or something but never tried to fix them because I had no tire repair kit. So I simply abandoned the truck.

Yeah, it's very frustrating. I cannot even access the tires. :-/

Do any of you know what's up with Rify? Half of it is inaccessible and weapons are not spawning there like they once did. Also, have any of you had issues with improvised knives? I always have problems with them when I first craft them. If I try to move it, it takes up two slots and then I have to log out and log back in to fix it.

Any word of zombies being in .59? Still enjoying DayZ but not quite the same w/o the loveable little zombies... 

@ShoobieStomper  Yeah I've had a plethora of issues with the improvised knife... it duplicates itself in my inventory, sometimes crafting one makes me unable to equip anything after making it... it's gotten so reliable at being buggy that I've just picked up the first real knife I see as opposed to crafting one.

Edited by Kohlbar

Today i was playing on a friends pc to test if my old gpu works better then his old one.

He was at Myshkino so i told him he should check the tents.

Then something strange happened he found a Ump45 mag

and take it and another one spawned beside him.

He took the next one and another one appeared and so on.

Then the same thing with a Rak mag. And 2 Tortilla Backpacks spawned infront of him.

I tough this would only Happen in the Quonset Hut but not in the Tents or am i wrong?

Today i was playing on a friends pc to test if my old gpu works better then his old one.

He was at Myshkino so i told him he should check the tents.

Then something strange happened he found a Ump45 mag

and take it and another one spawned beside him.

He took the next one and another one appeared and so on.

Then the same thing with a Rak mag. And 2 Tortilla Backpacks spawned infront of him.

I tough this would only Happen in the Quonset Hut but not in the Tents or am i wrong?

I've seen stuff spawn right next to me after picking something in the vicinity up, but I can't recall the same item spawning multiple times. That seems like a slight bug in the CLE, which could be exploited later. I don't understand why the CLE can't be "told" not to respawn anything when a player is near a spawnpoint. It should not be respawning anything, until you leave the area, even though that would probably just cause people to go back and forth again, like in the mod. Still, I find it odd that instant respawns take place at all. The CLE thinks faster than Skynet ;)

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 2