boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.58 Discussion

Something tells me that things are not like this... maximum spawn limit is different than maximum persistent barrels on a server....

there was an discussion in experimentel fred where players lost their tents and said it must have been the server that "killed" their tents.

Hicks answered that not one tent was eaten from the server and the max allowed tents on servers was never reached, so i think its familar to barrels.

if you take all barrels from all servers on one, CLE will despawn barrels/tents until max per server is reached

• Like 3

sounds legit, i have 4 barrels and 4 backpacks (all full with stuff in one tree) and have no issues.

will try to get an truck and test if there will be an problem for me to.

I've been having trouble with one barrel.  But, it was always with a truck down the hill - maybe 60-110 m away (hard to tell when the elevation is so different).

Ah right. Cheers. Makes sense I spose.

Your toon can sprint for hours carrying 60kg of gear in the hot sun, but can't tear up a t-shirt with his bare hands.  Makes perfect sense.  :D

• Like 4

there was an discussion in experimentel fred where players lost their tents and said it must have been the server that "killed" their tents.

Hicks answered that not one tent was eaten from the server and the max allowed tents on servers was never reached, so i think its familar to barrels.

if you take all barrels from all servers on one, CLE will despawn barrels/tents until max per server is reached

But if max allowed tents per server is the same as tents spawn max limit it means CLE is allowed to spawn tents until max limit is reached.

Now same question I have for minim value. It takes into account unpacked tents on the ground or just spawned tents...

Still confusing...

Edited by lucianpin

Have not seen any grenades lately.  Anyone seen any grenades?

I tried the double click on the front handguard on the MP5 today, it works.  Was also able to add the rifle flash light to the rail for the MP5.  It was a good day.

Going to get my new machine today, will see if this makes DayZ life any better...  SO excited!!!

• Like 5

Your toon can sprint for hours carrying 60kg of gear in the hot sun, but can't tear up a t-shirt with his bare hands.  Makes perfect sense.   :D

You can't climb over some of the most mundane obstructions in the game either so let's keep things in perspective shall we? 

Edited by ENO75
  • Like 2

My experience with stable (part 2): 

- status update bug is back (very rare, but relog fixes it)
- didnt find the door bug in stable
- Random stuff on ground takes too long too disappear ruined items for example.
- when swapping weapons, weapons  from the back to the hand, the one in the hand goes to the ground
- deer stands spawning 3 pants at the same time.
- Weapons not respawning sometimes (had this on private hives)...  created a ticked for this here, if anyone else had this issue:  https://feedback.dayz.com/view.php?id=27516

I'm not sure that this is strictly true. The included Windows 7 and newer memory allocators are pretty good, so most of this malloc stuff is only of interest to trivia hounds. While it is true that the game engine can only address 4GB at a time, I think the memory allocator can set aside a contiguous pool that is (resources permitting), in fact, larger than 4GB.

What I can't remember is if the game automatically uses a 64-bit memory allocator on a 64-bit machine, or if it uses a 32-bit allocator by default and the 64-bit versions must be specified via the -malloc= startup parameter.

Sorry to get into the weeds. My point, simply, is that between the game, the allocator and the memory pool generated by the allocator, the total RAM used could exceed 4GB under the right circumstances. For example, some custom memory allocators, such as tbbmalloc_arma only work on 64-bit systems, with 8GB, or more of RAM.

As long as DayZ is a 32-bit application there is no way that the DayZ process can allocate more than 4 gigabytes of RAM.

Have not seen any grenades lately. Anyone seen any grenades?

I tried the double click on the front handguard on the MP5 today, it works. Was also able to add the rifle flash light to the rail for the MP5. It was a good day.

Going to get my new machine today, will see if this makes DayZ life any better... SO excited!!!

Don't get too excited because I did and my new GFX card was a big let down, for DayZ of course.

My experience with stable (part 2):

- status update bug is back (very rare, but relog fixes it)

- didnt find the door bug in stable

- Random stuff on ground takes too long too disappear ruined items for example.

- when swapping weapons, weapons from the back to the hand, the one in the hand goes to the ground

- deer stands spawning 3 pants at the same time.

- Weapons not respawning sometimes (had this on private hives)... created a ticked for this here, if anyone else had this issue: https://feedback.dayz.com/view.php?id=27516

How can you tell where and when weapons respawn?
  • Like 1

Going to get my new machine today, will see if this makes DayZ life any better...  SO excited!!!

Unfortunately it won't.  But congrats on the new machine.  It will make every other game better, just not this one. :-D

Your toon can sprint for hours carrying 60kg of gear in the hot sun, but can't tear up a t-shirt with his bare hands.  Makes perfect sense.   :D

Well, it's difficult to rip tshirts with your hands after running with a full backpack for 6 hours.

<_<

• Like 2

I wish people would leave pens and paper in their camps.  I found 2 today.  Wanted to leave a friendly note, but couldn't.  

• Like 2

I wish people would leave pens and paper in their camps.  I found 2 today.  Wanted to leave a friendly note, but couldn't.  

I do! I don't take it personal when my camp gets looted. It means I should have hid it better. HOWEVER! I do like to know if it was raided or some items just disappeared so I always leave a piece of paper and a pen inside my cooking pot over the fire :)

I have some more time today to test the loot issues in and around camps. Hopefully we can get one step closer to solving this RIDDLE ;)  

• Like 1

Logged in, went to the camp, struggled a bit and logged back out again.

I just might take a break until they fixed the persistence bug with camps.

Unfortunately it won't.  But congrats on the new machine.  It will make every other game better, just not this one. :-D

Don't be so sure.  I went from a 7 yo (at the time) high end rig to a new i7-4790@4ghz, Phanteks Cooler, 16gb of quad channel 1866 RAM, 2x 4gb GTX970, etc., and my performance improved substantially.  Can't wait to see how it performs once we get some optimization.

I do! I don't take it personal when my camp gets looted. It means I should have hid it better. HOWEVER! I do like to know if it was raided or some items just disappeared so I always leave a piece of paper and a pen inside my cooking pot over the fire :)

I have some more time today to test the loot issues in and around camps. Hopefully we can get one step closer to solving this RIDDLE ;)

Exactly!  I want people to know it was found, not just items glitching away.  Also, unless it's the several full autos, all military gear sort of camp (in which case, I try to rob them blind), I usually only take a small, needed item and tell them my name and that I took it.

Logged in, went to the camp, struggled a bit and logged back out again.

I just might take a break until they fixed the persistence bug with camps.

Yeah I know the feeling.  

Camps are big part of the game for me right now, it's something to work towards in-game after getting kitted.

Not just tents, but also a place to keep the trucks, fireplaces, barrels and stuff altogether and readily available for the next mission.

On that note, I'm eagerly awaiting the day that the devs roll out the beginnings of base-building and that precise object placement

.59 maybe?

Yeah I know the feeling.  

Camps are big part of the game for me right now, it's something to work towards in-game after getting kitted.

Not just tents, but also a place to keep the trucks, fireplaces, barrels and stuff altogether and readily available for the next mission.

On that note, I'm eagerly awaiting the day that the devs roll out the beginnings of base-building and that precise object placement

.59 maybe?

feedback tracker says, lagging and session lost (EDIT: in camps) is fixed internal and will be fixed soon on steam :wub:

Edited by wasnu
  • Like 2

So I wanted to check out if persistence works in a way that you can easily figure it out on your own or if it works at all, here is what I did.

I went to Tisy up in the north-west, looted every item I could find, and I was thorough, I also placed 4 barrels and stuffed them full to the top.

After 1 day most of the items that got thrown on the ground despawned, the only thing that remained was a Shotgun, barrels are still there and nothing got lost.

Nothing respawned in the entire (really small) town.

After 2 days only the Shotgun remained on the ground, barrels are still good.

Nothing respawned in the town.

After 3 days the shotgun is still there, pretty good craftsmanship if you ask me, barrels are also still ok.

Nothing respawned in the town.

So, is the fact that after 3 days of there not being a single item, besides the shotgun on the ground under some trees off to the side, respawned in any lootspot in that town something intended?

I know that they want loot to respawn dynamically and that it's supposed to be spread out all over Chernarus, but I do find it kinda extreme that this town didn't have any loot for 3 days straight.

North-East of that town is a summercamp, where I did exactly the same thing, there it's basically the same, with the small difference that in the medical building, medical items respawned after 1 day, every time, everything else did stay empty though.

Can anyone confirm this? Contradict this? Or give some insight? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Slpy

Edited by Slpy

On one server I have been walking around for 2 days without a proper gun with ammo or a mag. Then today I went to Stary Yar and after looting a bit I thought that this is a waste of time. Then boom I found a double barrel shotgun and a mags for a P1 and Makarov that I have been carrying. And then I got the afraid that there is another player(even though I didn't have any evidence of anyone being there). You know that feeling when you have something good and then you are like a scared mouse running around with it hoping you won't die? Well I got that feeling when carrying some civilian guns that many people call shitty. For me they were a fucking treasure. That's what I like about 0.58.

• Like 2

feedback tracker says, lagging and session lost (EDIT: in camps) is fixed internal and will be fixed soon on steam :wub:

I see that too. I also saw in the tracker that it says" FIXED IN VERSION: .59 ...... ???? I really really hope they are not waiting tell then to deploy a fix :( 

• Like 1

Can anyone confirm this? Contradict this? Or give some insight? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Slpy

I tried the same thing and also observed that not much items are spawned in again. Did you try this on a low pop server? Was it on a private hive? There are some reports that some private hive servers currently have a problem with resapwning of loot.

The server I tried it on was a private hive and not exactly busy. Maybe the amount of picked up items is not high enough to trigger the actual respawning algorithm.

Another possibility is that this town is only populated again when other towns are picked clean. If the CLE works like this it would contribute towards the goal that the players should travel across the map and also the statement from a status report "if one town is empty try the next one" would match to this behavior we can observe.

I see that too. I also saw in the tracker that it says" FIXED IN VERSION: .59 ...... ???? I really really hope they are not waiting tell then to deploy a fix :(

I second your hope

+beanZ

Edited by robophant

How can you tell where and when weapons respawn?

I cant. I compared my experience from experimental and from playing in public servers with the private ones. There's a clear difference between them. 

Today i started play on a different private server. Found 6 guys total in my session(4 hours), in the following placaes: tent city, stary, NW airport, vybor and lopatino... None of them had weapons. When people that is way up north dont have a single weapon on their backs i think something is wrong.

And that's why i created the ticket https://feedback.dayz.com/view.php?id=27516

I cant. I compared my experience from experimental and from playing in public servers with the private ones. There's a clear difference between them. 

Today i started play on a different private server. Found 6 guys total in my session(4 hours), in the following placaes: tent city, stary, NW airport, vybor and lopatino... None of them had weapons. When people that is way up north dont have a single weapon on their backs i think something is wrong.

And that's why i created the ticket https://feedback.dayz.com/view.php?id=27516

tried 5 private charts today and could say, its an other game on private hive. loot is much more scare, not only at the coast, inland too.

looks like the same problem that .56 had, public was fine, private bugged.

• Like 2

tried 5 private charts today and could say, its an other game on private hive. loot is much more scare, not only at the coast, inland too.

looks like the same problem that .56 had, public was fine, private bugged.

Not particularly complaining but I've been on one private since stable came out and haven't left the south coast. There's just enough food to keep me going, lots of random ammo, civilian pistols but mags are kind of scarce. Stuff is respawning but at a fairly slow rate, no where near as bad as the "broken" servers a few patches ago but you have to keep moving to survive off found food or use all the off grid food sources like fishtraps and farming.

It's actually a pretty good level for a pure survivor type to get out and explore although this survivor already got out saw the sights, bought the t-shit, etc. in exp.

The camp lag is bugging me and making me want to take a break until .59 so there's something new if the camps are still lagging. Running around squirling away bullets for guns I might find is fun and all but half an hour or more and numerous "session lost" to sort them at each end of my runs down the coast is getting kind of old.  

• Like 3