kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Are the blue barrels supposed to keep items inside their inventory persistent?

I was under the impression they were but all my stuff is gone after being away only 3 hours.  Barrel is still there, empty as can be.

Don't feed the barrels...  that's how it all started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=27&v=L7SkrYF8lCU

Are the blue barrels supposed to keep items inside their inventory persistent?

I was under the impression they were but all my stuff is gone after being away only 3 hours.  Barrel is still there, empty as can be.

Edited by Super_Duty

Hmm, does eating (cooked) human steak still make your character sick? I was bored so I chopped up and ate my body, twice (a total of 8 steaks) and up to 30 minutes later (when I suicided on top of the firestation in cherno) I still wasn't sick.

• Like 1

Got a few hours in with Dudester tonight. I don't usually say this, but I'm getting kinda bored. I think it's because it's just too easy with the loot piles. New patch time, please!

I tried to play. After about 30 minutes I shut it off. The loot piles are making this difficult to play. There's only so much you can do with the items the game is spawning in those piles.

• Like 3

Got a few hours in with Dudester tonight. I don't usually say this, but I'm getting kinda bored. I think it's because it's just too easy with the loot piles. New patch time, please!

I was getting frustrated before that absolutely nothing was respawning. Now it's just boring with all the loot everywhere. Hopefully they can start finding a nice middle-ground for loot respawning at a good pace, and it should make me want to get back into exp.

• Like 2

Hmm, does eating (cooked) human steak still make your character sick? I was bored so I chopped up and ate my body, twice (a total of 8 steaks) and up to 30 minutes later (when I suicided on top of the firestation in cherno) I still wasn't sick.

No it won't.

• Like 1

Hicks says otherwise

Can anyone confirm 100% that barrel contents are not currently persistent?

The dev team may not be aware of the current situation of barrels. Possibly nobody has tested it in the latest build on our side.

If anyone can hop on and see if barrel contents are persistent after restart. I am unable to get to my rig that can play the SA to test it myself.

I expect that it is fixed in their internal builds and we'll get a chance to verify it on the next EXP build, before the whole shootin' match gets rolled out to stable.

• Like 2

Not sure but I played a bit last night and early on my stash I was nearby was gone, slayed a bunch of fish at the end of my session last night and in the few minutes I was on today all the discarded guts and other junk I ditched to make room for fillets was also gone.

There was a persistence wipe yesterday.

Thanks both, this explains where my tents went.

R.I.P. Tent 1 out of 2. You think there is enough survival gear in there?

FBWtPq0.jpg

I agree... total bs. How are you supposed to bring your tent, carry a spare tire and your backpack, truck batteries and all the other things a properly equipped survivor requires. Please do tell!!! And don't get me started on the fuel/jerry can

I found a military tent today as well. Had to drop my black dry bag and some other goodies ..

Just drop your backpack in a bush nearby and take the military tent with you. Then when you placed it you can get your backpack back.

But I agree, they should make tent cars also like a backpack.

TEnUtv9.jpg

5oAeRlM.jpg

Is that at the castle just above Novy Sobor? Edited by IMT

I expect that it is fixed in their internal builds and we'll get a chance to verify it on the next EXP build, before the whole shootin' match gets rolled out to stable.

I was about to suggest exactly this. Hicks may just not have made that distinction when he was talking about it.

• Like 1

TEnUtv9.jpg

5oAeRlM.jpg

Loot piles are game killer!!

• Like 3

I'm in need of a new mountain backpack now since I had to ditch the one I was wearing to recover this military tent. Such sweet sorrows... does anyone understand how hard it was to leave behind my backpack.  Yep, time for therapy. ;)

Last time I had a military tent, I stashed my backpack in an easy to find hard to see spot and ran the tent way off to a nice campground, ran back and grabbed my backpack, went and got water cause I was about to die, ran back to the tent and slept.

Thinking that I miss-understood this whole thing.  I'm currently wearing a high-cap vest with my hunter's backpack.  I cannot wear a high cap vest, hunter's backpack AND a smersh vest. my bad. 

Attach a smersh vest onto a smersh backpack and wear it with a hunting backpack and you gain a few spots when you throw that high cap vest away )

WAIT just a minute... seriously, this is a thing?  I can whore up more slots for stuff!!!

I refer you to this video.  This is from back when it was wicked hard to find in .48

Edited by Barnabus

Hey guys, I made an introduction to archery guide using the experimental as a reference:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/227137-introductory-guide-to-the-improvised-bow-and-archery-mechanics/?p=2287043

Since it's experimental and all, thought y'all might be interested! :)

Definitely will check the video out tonight.Will let you how it was.

I refer you to this video. This is from back when it was wicked hard to find in .48

Event though I wasn't playing back then, I'm pretty confident 0.55 was the hardest. Searched multiple loot explosions which were common back then, no SMERSH vest, only the backpack. However the community said they spawned at the crash sites which didn't have loot at that moment. :D Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

I just tried -newui, It's lagging for some reason I don't know. Wasn't even able to join the game.

i tried it, too, but to be honest, i don't really like it. it is not really an improvement at the moment, nor can i consider it a step into the right direction... the old one looks much cleaner to me and you have better view on empty or full slots

i tried it, too, but to be honest, i don't really like it. it is not really an improvement at the moment, nor can i consider it a step into the right direction... the old one looks much cleaner to me and you have better view on empty or full slots

Hicks stated a while ago that the new UI is buggy and best not used at the moment. Give them some time and give the new UI a chance at a later stage. I bet they will change a lot and will optimize it accordingly.

Had a great run tonight. Wanted to go back to my camp up north so needed a northern spawn.

I have to say that the logic in DayZ is weird. If you want to live you will find bandits and if you want to commit suicide you will find only friendly people.

Had 3 friendly encounters and 1 unfriendly today. Did chat with them a little bit but got straight to the point: "can you kill me I want to spawn up north". First one was at Prigorodki, we both ran to each other when we got visual. Asked him to kill me, he even asked me if I was sure.

Next one was in Chernogorsk, was checking a loot explosion which I spawn right next to. Suddenly a fellow survivor is right next to me. Think he didn't have a mic, he typed "Friendly". Took a Screwdriver from the ground, pushed F11 and said "I'm going to do it!" "Goodbye!".

My last friendly encounter which was the best of all 3 was in Solnichniy. Saw this guy and ran up to him, asked the same thing. Suddenly 2 naked guys came up there as well, probably his friends. He asked which one may do the honor, I chose the naked guy with the peddle.

Finally got my northern spawn only to see my camp was gone. When was the last persistence wipe?

Another interestering thing, I killed myself by punching. I cloned my character by logging out and in fast and started punching. My clone fell down and when I relogged I started at Kambiwobo.

This is also were I had my unfriendly encounter. Saw a guy running up into the woods north of Kambi, guess he saw me first. When I ran in his direction I got shot at so I turned around. I got away safely and logged out around Elektro.

Time to hit the hay after a fun run tonight, see you peeps tommorow.

By the way, thanks to the friendly survivors for killing me on demand. :)

I don't know - my tent is still nw of military camp on UK 0-1 server this morning full of loot now - I don't think it has been any persistence wipe or cleanup on 0.58. 

Edited by Ori42

I don't know - my tent is still nw of military camp on UK 0-1 server this morning full of loot now - I don't think it has been any persistence wipe or cleanup on 0.58.

I'm pretty sure there was because my tents, fireplace, etc. were gone. If anyone took it I'd know for sure. Either a wipe or persistence isn't working correctly. Unless they changed despawning of tents to less than a week. :)

yeah that was strange. My tent was placed after wednesday maintaince - so if they have a despawn timer for about a week it might explains it. 

But I don't think tents respawn at all to be honest, and I doubt they have a despawning timer on tents which suppose to be persistence.

Anyway, time for me to get a lunch. :)

yeah that was strange. My tent was placed after wednesday maintaince - so if they have a despawn timer for about a week it might explains it.

But I don't think tents respawn at all to be honest, and I doubt they have a despawning timer on tents which suppose to be persistence.

Anyway, time for me to get a lunch. :)

They actually do despawn but after a long period. They are at least persistent for 2 weeks.

Have a good meal.

• Like 1

ya, it make sense with couple of weeks despawn timer after I thought about it. 

Maybe it works as intended if the fireplace is too old for instance.

Edited by Ori42
  • Like 1

Some observations that may have already been mentioned:

-I cannot tear anything into rags any more.(I was able to do it before, since yesterday it doesn't work)

-Hot bar is sometimes very slow to react, may take up to 5 seconds before a button push is executed (probably lag)

-sometimes it takes a long time before something is taken from the ground into inventory (probably lag)

Edited by SAK

Some observations that may have already been mentioned:

-I cannot tear anything into rags any more.(I was able to do it before, since yesterday it doesn't work)

-Hot bar is sometimes very slow to react, may take up to 5 seconds before a button push is executed (probably lag)

-sometimes it takes a long time before something is taken from the ground into inventory (probably lag)

You need a sharp object, a knife in example to tear up rags. Also make sure you're not wearing the item.

Do the tents work in .58 experimental ??

Yes, persistence does work. I'm still not sure if it work as intended though. There will be wipes now and then so don't rely too much on persistence. Edited by IMT
  • Like 1