kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Not in game now but I was sure I saw an improvised tent. I probably dreamt it. It was tanned leather in my dreams. Incidentially I found these two vids while searching.

Pretty decent imo - I prefer the second one

Watched the video's and I have to say our idea's are almost similar. Didn't knew this was out there and thanks to this I have some more idea's and will give him credits for them.

Going to type out my idea right now, expect it tonight at the Suggestions forum.

Yes Sir...

ZTOd35y.jpg

I "stepped" off a roof this morning.  Had 3 glow plugs and 2 batteries on me.  :-(  But, now I have a lovely Press Vest, MP5, and Mountain Pack.  Once I get off the coast, I'm gonna go load up on more auto supplies.  My goal is to get at least 10 trucks and ten tents to my camp.

• Like 1

How do you mean, are there improvised tents in-game? If so, that would be awesome. It's an idea which I brought up a while ago.

Have been working it out in my mind, perhaps I should make a topic about my full idea.

OMG a tent made out of human skin and I could have a flag that looks like someones face...hey that is a face. Tents full of steaks and bones. Welcome to tic mountain camp.

• Like 1

The boat loot piles are still there, lol.

I was on me 02 it turns out, armed 2 damaged mines right before the reset and one was still there degraded to badly damaged as expected, the other was gone.

As always I appreciate the offer but if i'm not rolling with one of my kids I play solo on low pop 1pp. I don't know what it is about in game comms but after a few minutes the disembodied voices make my skin crawl and I have to get on with my business. If I get the drop on someone and am similarly geared or better I say hi, offer aid or info, if it looks risky like geared groups I just retreat or observe.

I'm jumping back to sw 02 because I have a little better ping.

Slightly ot, I don't believe in kos but is it cool to smoke someone over an offensive name if you know he's the only other one on the server?

LOL I know who your talking about, reminds me of another name for Bill Cosby. You have my permission to fire at will.

• Like 1

I think there should be some cammy netting that's usable by players ( probably mentioned before). As much as I hated setting it up in the Marines under the scorching desert sun, it would be nice to have in the game to maybe hide tents / camps etc. or just a nice camo'd area to post up in. I see that they have it at like the NWAF tent city and check points. Improvised tents wouldn't be a bad idea. They would have to be small or require a lot of resources if it were to be a decent sized one.

I would be happier digging a big hole and having that camo'd netting over it and then cover that with leaves and sit in there with an akm pointing out :-D

So I didn't know you could have the smersh vest/backpack combo and still wear the mountain backpack along with it? Wow lots of room now.

Ahh, We had this encounter this other day.. thought it may have been you. Fortunately not. :)

http://www.twitch.tv/hoffsuppressant/v/7503919

Yeah, not me, every time I stopped I was assaulted by an invisible zed.  I had shook him for a little bit but he got me again.  I was killed in the loot tent by some one with a silenced automatic weapon.  Pretty sure that guy grabbed the attention of the rest of the zeds in the camp. 

So I didn't know you could have the smersh vest/backpack combo and still wear the mountain backpack along with it? Wow lots of room now.

When you make that combination the back pack for the Smersh becomes just like an ALICE butt pack. 

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

Yup! All of the backpacks sit at roughly the same height from the ground, they just extend different lengths upward. This means you can have a SMERSH vest with a backpack attached in combination with pretty much any normal backpack.

• Like 2

Really wish you could spray paint or cammo the mountain backpack somehow but I guess that's just a balance thing.

There's lots of that stuff that I would/could do even with the few supplies in game currently but I guess you have to draw the line somewhere. 

• Like 1

I would be happier digging a big hole and having that camo'd netting over it and then cover that with leaves and sit in there with an akm pointing out :-D

Indeed .. fighting holes ;) Build some sandbags around it .. come and take it!

Really wish you could spray paint or cammo the mountain backpack somehow but I guess that's just a balance thing.

Remember this hoax? ;)

eQg8EGP.jpg

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 7

Remember this hoax? ;)

eQg8EGP.jpg

No but "Shut up and take my money!" lol. 

• Like 3

Why not have improvised stakes or spears underneath the netting and sit out of sight and watch as people fall to their death?

• Like 4

As promised, here is my idea: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/227118-improvised-tent/

Edit: Unfortunately they merged my topic into a general topic, here is the link: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/220236-expanded-craftable-items/page-2#entry2286842

Edited by IMT
  • Like 7

Need experimental but stuck at work ...I've been loving this update but I really want a new experimental update for tomorrow (tonight would be even better )now that someone tweeted we would most likely have one before the weekend ! Pray with me experimental brothers and sisters !

• Like 4

Need experimental but stuck at work ...I've been loving this update but I really want a new experimental update for tomorrow (tonight would be even better )now that someone tweeted we would most likely have one before the weekend ! Pray with me experimental brothers and sisters !

I've got enough kids I could make a sacrifice to the exp gods, think that'd help?

• Like 4

So my internet was down yesterday. Stupid freak tornado/thunderstorms. What did I miss?

So my internet was down yesterday. Stupid freak tornado/thunderstorms. What did I miss?

The game is now optimised, polished and ready for release.

Loljk, not much.

• Like 7

I have never died from the balconies atop the spiral staircase  on Prison Island.  

Until now.  Just assembled a pristine plate carrier with all attachments, too.   :(

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 1

Are barrels persistant or did I just run across the entire map with a barrel while dodging bullets for nothing?

Edited by LordBlackwolf

Had a great run tonight. Wanted to go back to my camp up north so needed a northern spawn.

I have to say that the logic in DayZ is weird. If you want to live you will find bandits and if you want to commit suicide you will find only friendly people.

Had 3 friendly encounters and 1 unfriendly today. Did chat with them a little bit but got straight to the point: "can you kill me I want to spawn up north". First one was at Prigorodki, we both ran to each other when we got visual. Asked him to kill me, he even asked me if I was sure.

Next one was in Chernogorsk, was checking a loot explosion which I spawn right next to. Suddenly a fellow survivor is right next to me. Think he didn't have a mic, he typed "Friendly". Took a Screwdriver from the ground, pushed F11 and said "I'm going to do it!" "Goodbye!".

My last friendly encounter which was the best of all 3 was in Solnichniy. Saw this guy and ran up to him, asked the same thing. Suddenly 2 naked guys came up there as well, probably his friends. He asked which one may do the honor, I chose the naked guy with the peddle.

Finally got my northern spawn only to see my camp was gone. When was the last persistence wipe?

Another interestering thing, I killed myself by punching. I cloned my character by logging out and in fast and started punching. My clone fell down and when I relogged I started at Kambiwobo.

This is also were I had my unfriendly encounter. Saw a guy running up into the woods north of Kambi, guess he saw me first. When I ran in his direction I got shot at so I turned around. I got away safely and logged out around Elektro.

Time to hit the hay after a fun run tonight, see you peeps tommorow.

By the way, thanks to the friendly survivors for killing me on demand. :)

• Like 2

*snip*

Finally got my northern spawn only to see my camp was gone. When was the last persistence wipe?

*snip*

Not sure but I played a bit last night and early on my stash I was nearby was gone, slayed a bunch of fish at the end of my session last night and in the few minutes I was on today all the discarded guts and other junk I ditched to make room for fillets was also gone. 

• Like 1

Had a great run tonight. Wanted to go back to my camp up north so needed a northern spawn.

I have to say that the logic in DayZ is weird. If you want to live you will find bandits and if you want to commit suicide you will find only friendly people.

Had 3 friendly encounters and 1 unfriendly today. Did chat with them a little bit but got straight to the point: "can you kill me I want to spawn up north". First one was at Prigorodki, we both ran to each other when we got visual. Asked him to kill me, he even asked me if I was sure.

Next one was in Chernogorsk, was checking a loot explosion which I spawn right next to. Suddenly a fellow survivor is right next to me. Think he didn't have a mic, he typed "Friendly". Took a Screwdriver from the ground, pushed F11 and said "I'm going to do it!" "Goodbye!".

My last friendly encounter which was the best of all 3 was in Solnichniy. Saw this guy and ran up to him, asked the same thing. Suddenly 2 naked guys came up there as well, probably his friends. He asked which one may do the honor, I chose the naked guy with the peddle.

Another interestering thing, I killed myself by punching. I cloned my character by logging out and in fast and started punching. My clone fell down and when I relogged I started at Kambiwobo.

This is also were I had my unfriendly encounter. Saw a guy running up into the woods north of Kambi, guess he saw me first. When I ran in his direction I got shot at so I turned around. I got away safely and logged out around Elektro.

Time to hit the hay after a fun run tonight, see you peeps tommorow.

By the way, thanks to the friendly survivors for killing me on demand. :)

There was a persistence wipe yesterday.

• Like 1

There was a persistence wipe yesterday.

Any sign of one today?

Or does stuff discarded in the water get cleaned up?

I'm a little baffled where all the fish guts and I a book I ditched 15 or so hours ago went. 

• Like 1