kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

how can i update my dayz to 0.58 from 0.57

In your steam library, right click on dayz then go to properties, click on the betas tab and opt in to experimental 

All stable servers up again, still 57

If I get into the 58 version now, will I have to update my game or something like that when the 58 version releases for all servers

Gonna be almost a month again between 0.57 and 0.58 .... 1.0 should be done in a little bit more than 3 years to come then :P 

just kidding, better good than quick.

when those "dumb" twitter messages not had happen everything would be "fine".

"hicks: looking for stable until weekend"

"eugen: last little fixes on experimental, should be ready for stable"

Devs, there is no need to push the hyped people, do your work and bring it to stable when it´s ready and do your twitter thing after that, not before

They do that a lot. I'd rather them say nothing at all instead of 1 month of false hope.

Yes, there, but behind it, near the wall. It spawned next to the pile of rubble there, which is nice, because I don't think that was a spawn point before. Hmm, world containers - all good, but who'd want to put anything into a fridge that is basically in an area every player checks and comes by? Maybe if there were some deer around, you could just fill it up and come back when hungry ;) Doesn't look like anyone goes hungry this patch, though. Peaches for me, Beans and Bacon - now where is the ketchup. I cannot cook without it :)

• Like 2

Just recall reading it from another poster here but it seemed legit.

I don't like the stutter I get currently although I just go with it as "instinct" and if there's 2 or more clan guys on the server when it happens I go to ground for awhile. 

It was bandwidth  if it sat at 87 it meant no one was around you at all and was the lowest number it got to ...

the higher it creeped the closer someone was getting

i am suprised it took so long to be removed to be honest 

• Like 2

that does not work, it had NO effect of your desync/server position.

it´s an myth

I heard a rumour going prone helps but not heard that vaulting does

Was this by accident?  Just the other day I was running with a Jerry can in hand, while it was raining. The catch rain / drink all message kept spamming which I found a bit onimous considering what might happen if I accidentally "drank all". 

Did you try to throw up?  Not long ago, .56 or 7 I think, I drank a 5 gallon can of gas.  It was full too, did nothing to me...

• Like 1

While I believe that there have been iterations of 0.58 that could have been pushed to stable, I also realize that it's probably better that the devs smooth out the bugs. Especially before another 0.55 happens. In the meantime, I'll just be patiently waiting on Southcentral 0-4.

I am fine with them smoothing out bugs but at the very least bring up some more damn servers.  There is more than interested in .58 than the handful of servers can support.  Get more and and lets get more people involved in helping to recreate these bugs.  My friend and I have zero interest in stable and even less interest in fighting to get all three of us upon the always full during prime time EXP servers.  Been getting a lot of Breaking Point and Warships in... 

• Like 1

Strange thing - I played a few hours last night and there was no rain. I played for an hour during my break today and at least half of the time it was raining. I was lucky to find matches today, but right after I put out one fire it would start raining again. I like the rain, but I think it should be less frequent. Also - can we have lightning+thunder please :)

Edited by S3V3N

Dont mind me, about to go fucking insane playing with the same abundance of shit 24/7.

Oh wait, I don't go insane anymore :( I quit playing for now xD One more week of .57 and im going to shit my pants and throw my computer out the window.

I spent the last week helping in the kitchen on a summer camp. As soon I arrived I found a barrel and was happy. Dayz does strange things to us!

Y5ssXn2.jpg

Don't forget to loot that jerry can too, it's pristine!

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 6

Don't forget to loot that jerry can too, it's pristine!

First thing I noticed too lol

Are you talking about the rounded tin ones, because I can confirm finding other kinds of Heli-crash loot in those. I've found USMC pants, Stanags and just found a UMP in one just before.

Yep, the Quonset huts.

Damnit, when I saw steam updating I thought for sure this was going to be .58 stable. I'm going to have to take a break, this is getting too frustrating.

Damnit, when I saw steam updating I thought for sure this was going to be .58 stable. I'm going to have to take a break, this is getting too frustrating.

Me too. Any good free to play games for in betweens?

I'm replaying every PS2 game on PCSX2 that I loved when I was 10-13. Currently going through FFX, got the Jak and Daxter games, FFXII, Jade Cocoon 2, God of War 1 & 2, and whole bunch more. Also got a GBA emulator and started on the Metroid games. There are thousands of excellent games that modern emulators can upscale, add AA, and more through shaders making them look far better than you might think. I'm running FFX at 4K. It looks better than Square's remaster.

Edited by ColdAtrophy

I decided to do some coastal experiments with people on a new char in 1pp. Spawned in Elektro, got some food, clothes and all that. Met 3 friendlies in Elektro, another friendly in the gas station west of Elektro, then 1 guy in Prigorodki. He said hello and all that, he had a pistol but he put it away. I was all that time behind a tree. He was so quiet that I went to suspicious mode and started walking away. Well actually he had the pistol in hand and he shot me. Damnit it was so dark I couldn't even see the gun. Hopefully he will enjoy the trumpet I had. Well that's life in Chernarus.

Not sure on free to play, though I'd be interested in some good recommendations as well. I just picked up Bloodborne last week, so I'll probably dig into that until this is all sorted out.

I spawned in Elektro and I can't leave! There is food everywhere and of course water, so why would I leave? Normally I check every house and then move on hoping to find something somewhere, but Elektro is overflowing with food. I found two shotguns and ammo, a 9 mm pistol with a damaged silencer and 2 mags, then a blaze with 2 speed loaders and about 60 rounds of .308. A rain coat which I just carry for when it rains. I'm carrying the pistol in my hands and suddenly I can't open a door or gate or drop the pistol. I relax for a minute and try the F2 but no animation and I am thinking I am crashed but still in the game. I log out and when I try to come back in I see 0 people and figure the server crashed or reset without a message and my pistol is gone and I am rewound about 20 seconds in a house I was just in. Look everywhere, no pistol. Drats! I meet this weird ugly old woman and she tells me to find her some things and tells me to go into the woods!

• Like 3

Haven't played much DayZ lately and will not be able to play next week. Wish they pushed 0.58 to stable earlier because now I'm on holiday when they push it. :(

I started fresh today after quite a long absence.

Ok, I came to ask about the gun glitch, but I see I am not the only one. It happened half a dozen times with me and I was carrying shottie on my back and mosin in my hands. I was able to backtrack and pick the rifle up again, except for the last time, when I was in a forest at night and didn't realize I'd dropped the Mosin.

Another glitch concerned duping. I sawed off a chambered Mosin (how come I can load 7 bullets now? wasn't it 3 without a magazine?) and it duplicated one right next to it. I sawed it off while it was on the ground and then there were 2. One regular, one sawed off.

Another problem was with my waterbottle. Shops seem to spawn lots of water bottles, so instead of going to wells, I just poured from other cantines into mine. However, at one point my canteen became invisible, but it still took up the two item slots, so it was there. When I logged off, instead of holding my rifle, I hold the canteen - as if it is a gun. Looks funny :)

The Hotkeys seem to be still a bit messy, as I could not drag some melee weapons on them (axe, hatchet), whilst carrying 2 rifles. It seemed to work fine for a while, then it didn't work at all. Despite the thumbnails still showing my hatchet and axe, they were actually gone from my inventory.

I also could not cut the burlap sap. I tried with axe and kitchen knife - no luck. I could cut up T-shirts into rags though.

What annoys me a bit is that I'm still sometimes standing up when I drink. I can't figure out why this happens, because the second time I drink, I always stay crouched. It's not ideal when you are hiding in a bush, observing three guys passing by ;)

The loot distribution in this patch is much improved. Except for deerstands, which seem to spawn some identical items (binoculars, hunter pants), but overall very nice! I noticed a shotgun pop up right in front of me when I picked up a jacket from a wooden house. It spawned new there, might have been a coincidence. It took me only 15 minutes to find buckshot, 30 minutes to find a mosin, which I already had 7 bullets for. I also saw a receiver (some ammo for it a little later), a crossbow (found 2 bolts but no quiver), a Magnum and lots and lots of CR75 in the police stations. I have some magazines for it too. Also found a RAK and MP-5s at police cars near the coast. Of course I left most of it, because I couldn't find a bigger backpack.

I saw 3 trucks in 3 hours of playtime, but found only a gas canister and a tire repair kit, which I placed in the trucks for the next guy with more luck. I saw a fridge outside of a construction site, Saw/found no animals or zombies, despite looking hard for them.

The pacing was about right. It didn't take too long to find food or drink and I appreciate that there is not too much ammo, but just enough to make you consider preserving it during an encounter. I met some equipped, yet friendly guys today, which was kinda new to me.

I had zero crashes, but an odd amount of lag whenever I got close to a player. That was like alarm bells went off ringing. Too easy. I'm not sure if it has to do with my ping, because all the DE servers were full, so I went Eastcoast US. On the whole: not a bad day! However, I could not find spark plugs or a battery at all. Are they that rare?

Wait, who drinks while there are 3 persons in the nearby area?

And what about the fridge, don't tell me you didn't do anything with it? It's brand new, test that sucker to the max.

Had a good session with GaryWalnuts we went along the coast looking for netting and found maybe 5 or 6 boats with loot in them B) we also found a red and white fridge container that seems to appear in the same spot on every server we tried to carry it in our hands and put it in our inventory and put it in the vs3 but you can only drag it around it doesn't go in any inventorys it seems. Then after looting boats we head to msta and find a car then gary logs out while i only manage to drive to staroye i hid the vs3 to stop by the well only to get shot in the back of my head while im drinking <_< I got an electro spawn and the first thing i hear is gunshots then some fresh spawn comes to me and i ask him what the flying fuck is going on he tells me that there some geared guys shooting fresh spawns so im like fuck this shit and i get my ass out of electro i manage to get back to staroye and i find whats left of my body which is some bones so the bastard ate my body and took all my shit hopefully he got sick and died from eating my flesh :P and surprisingly he didn't take the truck so i hid it and logged out this is way too much excitement for me. :wacko:

qcOweBi.jpg

IUWPGKZ.jpg

Loots And Boats!

YWTp59m.jpg

Damn cannibals! :lol:

Please say me you kept the fridge for me? I wanna test that sucker out. :D

It's not a game just yet, but rather a developmental placeholder which you had to agree to the terms before accessing. Not sure why people continue to whine about that fact. Oh shit, sorry, you didn't actually read the terms before clicking "I Understand", did you? Typical.

"Well, how do you know if you agree to something if you don't read it?"