kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

I have a feeling some people would be better off playing an offline single player game.

• Like 1

God I can't wait for my nice quiet private servers back. Was having a BBQ on the farthest point on skalatisy and got punched out from behind, would have hapily shared my dozen deer steaks and given the shitheel a glowplg I wasn't going to use. What kind of shit life do these turds have that a cheap shot kill like that brings the any satisfaction.

I'd probably do the same if I got that spawn tbh. I've only spawned there once and couldn't figure out where I was for ages ran around the entire island before I realised. He wanted either you kill him so he gets a fresh spawn or that he knocks you out and gets your gear. From his pov it was a win win. His worst option was to eat a steak and swim to the coast with no gear.

Edited by freethink
  • Like 1

I've put about 150 hours on the EXP server in the past 4 weeks so last night I updated to Windows 10, thinking the stable servers upgrading to .58 today....ah well.

I upgraded, then did a clean install and Windows had given me the most recent Win 10 driver although some people on the internet are saying they have problems/conflicts with GeForce Experience. Installed Steam and then DayZ EXP.

As you all know, you can't play DayZ as-is, you need to spend about 10 minutes changing settings within the game, in the game's config files, and even some launch options for Steam in order for it to look good and play smoothly. I copied the exact same settings I had been using and the bottom line, it looks better on Win 10, probably due to DirectX 12. Much better... tThe clothes on my character look like CGI (which I guess they are) and when the sun is up colors pop and I have better visibility on far away objects which helps with land navigation (before you get a compass).

Framerates are about the same or better. I was averaging 27-38 after the upgrade while only getting 20-30 before. Like Eugene had said, I still get the stutters every now and then (I have a paranoid theory that it is when another player enters my rendering range, just a theory) where frame rates drop to 1FPS but it is only for a second or two instead of 15-20 seconds.  

Loading in to the game has been halved from 90 seconds to the menu screen to 30-40 seconds, perhaps because of the clean install.

I've finally found a rifle (but no ammo for it). I'd been running around with a Longhorn and a IZ double-barrel shotgun with plenty of ammo for each. Eventually I found the mythical hunting scope, in worn condition, and I am hoping to get some ammo for the rifle and settle into some serious hunting and hermiting until the next wipe. Found a barrel but no tent yet.

Honestly, I'm a little played out waiting for .58 to get pushed to stable and for Zombies to come back in it. I know this is Alpha, blah blah, but there it is.

Happy gaming.

• Like 2

Had a good time with the missus yesterday.... (okay, this morning 01.00-05.10)

Spawned in fresh and headed up to Mogilevka where i got in a bit of a pickle with somebody wielding an axe and the ever so deadly trumpet.
and as it turns out, running away yelling "D**ck move bro!" only makes them shoot at you. however, I did go back and got smacked to death (because I'm terrible at this game)

Later on we met up and headed over to Novy, where a fine gentleman snuck up on the ol' lady and started mugging her, (as a standard, a mugger deserves to get atleast something)
But I snuck up on him and pickaxed him in the back, as it turns out, he didn't have any ammo, and the fight ended with all three of us just laughing at the situation.

Experimental seems to be running quite well for us, (we're both on lower end computers) and having most servers offline made for an interesting evening.. 
only bugs I noticed was the inability to pick up some stuff (solved by just putting it in hands), and a backpack that became invisible for Forks every time I put it on the ground.

Might get back on it tonight, and pretty please, If you see a guy up in Krasnostav, wearing an antistab vest, a grey hoodie, and blue cargos. atleast go "hey man, wanna buy some candy?"
or something before you blast me. (because 9/10 you'll see me first, I'll be standing around like a dunce, and not be paying attention.)

TL;DR
-story time
-mugging
-exp=ok
-"buy some candy?"

• Like 1

this will be "normal" when we pushed to stable until new exp update is out...

i always miss the exp. people, stable is not my thing, but what will be if this game is finished?

i´m a bit scaried about final release :unsure:

I ran into a building tonight in Krastanov.  Thought I was all alone.  There way a guy kneeling with a double barrel pointed at the door.  He didn't shoot me once he saw I wasn't carrying my weapon.  That just about never happens in Stable.  :D

It's not that bad for me, but I do have a substantial (50% at least) FPS drop; a good bit of desync; and a lot more of the item into hands bug.

I'm kind of glad to hear that I'm not the only one experiencing a sudden decrease in framerate. I spent about 2 hours last night trying to make sure there was nothing wrong with my system. I could not, under any graphics settings whatsoever, keep my minimum frames above 21 FPS. Normally, I don't drop below 30 at all and even those dips are not frequent. I average somewhere around 45-50 FPS with most settings turned up to the maximum. I had to go into the cfg file and drastically lower my view distances because I find anything under 30 FPS to be absolutely unplayable. I'm no snob. I will tolerate a lot, but 30 FPS is my absolute limit. 

Edited by ColdAtrophy

Servers have been too full for me to play much last few days, but my fps hasn't dropped one iota, still mid 40's in cities and 60 to 80+ in the woods. I don't use config tweaks, and I run the games gfx full blast. I7 4770k, GTX970, 16g ram, game installed on SSD. I find it odd how the performance varies so widely between different rigs.

Servers have been too full for me to play much last few days, but my fps hasn't dropped one iota, still mid 40's in cities and 60 to 80+ in the woods. I don't use config tweaks, and I run the games gfx full blast. I7 4770k, GTX970, 16g ram, game installed on SSD. I find it odd how the performance varies so widely between different rigs.

My setup is similar. I have an i5-4690k OC'ed to 4.5ghz, 16GB RAM, a Gigabyte GTX 970, and a Crucial 256GB SSD. I did not have any performance drop until yesterday's patch so "Servers have been too full for me to play much last few days" is probably why you haven't noticed.

Edited by ColdAtrophy

I just ran around electro on a full UK server and things seems the same. Decent fps, a few dips but always goes back to the low 40's. Question is, where are the other servers now ?

I thought .58 was supposed to be deployed to stable today.  What gives?  NVM

On another note, haven't had much of an issue finding a server to play on.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

Played a bit with Dudester and IMT earlier, mostly to continue testing my new setup. Still not happy with the color calibration, but whatever. No serious hiccups or interfering bugs.

RN0bWyb.jpg

9RZQTku.jpg

A herd of deer I chased down with a shotgun near Old Fields Castle:

gm6GUbP.jpg

Dudester posing for a truck picture:

M9MjrTz.jpg

• Like 11

Deer don't spawn there do they?  If they did, that would be awesome.

No, got them coming down the hill from Tulga on the way on the way to the island. I linked a video earlier of the 3 that were jumping around on the rocks all retarded and a 4th stuck in the nearby pond that I got with an axe.  

• Like 1

No, got them coming down the hill from Tulga on the way on the way to the island. I linked a video earlier of the 3 that were jumping around on the rocks all retarded and a 4th stuck in the nearby pond that I got with an axe.  

I also just found a herd of 4 that were frozen and did not react to my presence. I shot each one and then disappeared into the map, something that happens to me quite often for some reason even when they aren't bugged. I don't hunt that much, but I've never seen them act quite like this before. I have even found animals, whole herds of deer, farther north than the northern highway that runs west to east which I read about a month or two back that they weren't supposed to do.

• Like 1

I also just found a herd of 4 that were frozen and did not react to my presence. I shot each one and then disappeared into the map, something that happens to me quite often for some reason even when they aren't bugged. I don't hunt that much, but I've never seen them act quite like this before. I have even found animals, whole herds of deer, farther north than the northern highway that runs west to east which I read about a month or two back that they weren't supposed to do.

Like this?

I have been really enjoying the hunting and haven't had much luck with big game lately but been finding chickens in all kinds of stupid places. I think the animals are migrating or roaming around after some fashion now but the aren't quit dialed in like the rest of the AI. As far as I could tell the animals used to spawn and then have a radius they'd wander inside like an invisible fence.

Edited by BCBasher

Like this?

I have been really enjoying the hunting and haven't had much luck with big game lately but been finding chickens in all kinds of stupid places. I think the animals are migrating or roaming around after some fashion now but the aren't quit dialed in like the rest of the AI. As far as I could tell the animals used to spawn and then have a radius they'd wander inside like an invisible fence.

I've noticed that they tend to get stuck on fences and other obstacles, so they still need a wee bit if work on their pathfinding. Still, I am enjoying seeing their AI improve and their herd mentality taking shape.

• Like 4

I've noticed that they tend to get stuck on fences and other obstacles, so they still need a wee bit if work on their pathfinding. Still, I am enjoying seeing their AI improve and their herd mentality taking shape.

I'm not a big fan of go here get this in any capacity and having the animals like that makes less sense than about anything else. The first few times it was handy but it got to the point "oh I'm in Berizino, better shoot the cow while I'm here". I do hope they are or will be wandering the whole map like, animals. I know one of the chickens I got the other day was on a half full server with a good chance someone was in earshot. I had to look around, come up with a plan, shoot my bird and clean it quickly, then run like hell before I felt safe to cook it. It was a really good immersive experience for me. 

• Like 3

Can someone post screenshot of glowplug how it looks on ground (or shelf, or where ever you find it). I found bateries, but I dont know how glowplug actually looks in envirement.

GUYS WHERE ARE THE ZOMBIES??? I've been playing the exp since shortly after its release and through the multiple iterations of it, I have not found ONE. SINGLE. ZOMBIE. Are they just out of experimental? I saw Brian Hicks respond to someone that the numbers were decreased, but I have seen 0 zombies. It's gotten to the point where I'm just firing my gun while running along because I can't take the lack of action! Anyone seen zombies? Let me know I'll  come and kill them for you!

Can someone post screenshot of glowplug how it looks on ground (or shelf, or where ever you find it). I found bateries, but I dont know how glowplug actually looks in envirement.

I don't have a picture but it looks a lot like a pen or a damaged steak knife

• Like 5

GUYS WHERE ARE THE ZOMBIES??? I've been playing the exp since shortly after its release and through the multiple iterations of it, I have not found ONE. SINGLE. ZOMBIE. Are they just out of experimental? I saw Brian Hicks respond to someone that the numbers were decreased, but I have seen 0 zombies. It's gotten to the point where I'm just firing my gun while running along because I can't take the lack of action! Anyone seen zombies? Let me know I'll  come and kill them for you!

Yeah he meant decreased to zero.

Yeah he meant decreased to zero.

Man then I guess I'll have to use freshies as placeholders for zombies D:

yesterday I had a really strange bug. Serversided many doors were open but clientsided the doors were closed. For me many doors looked closed but when I tried to open them up there was only the icon for "close door". For my friend all those doors were open. So for me he looked like a magician who could walk through closed doors. He could see me from inside but I wasnt able to look through the door and see him. Really frightning...

Edited by imun