kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Looks like some activity on SteamDB -- maybe just adjusting item spawns..? I hope so, they have been a nightmare all the way through the experimental phase of 0.58....

-VikingzTV [Matt]

GP8lcQs.jpg

When is new stable branch supposed to come out?

tomorrow maybe, or the day after tomorrow. but we still dunno if everything they wanted is working.

I just wanted to thank the developers in this Forum for their work on something that offers a rare challenge and interesting rewards through persistence and rarity of items. The pleasure of spending a couple days running around (rained for days on SE-02) gathering items to get a camp going. The thing about gathering stuff, I noticed, is that it changes how I behave. I bumped into someone in the dark while looking for a gas can and he got off a shot and I panicked and ran two towns south of where I was, adrenaline pumping.

I've managed to get a car tent and a civilian tent, am only hoarding two trucks and two barrels, and sometimes the coolest thing is just to gloat and go to the fringes of my camp and people watch the nearest town and road in-out and maybe check the rabbit snares. I fretted a lot about where to set up a camp that is not on the edge of the map but close to a couple of small towns where I can grab supplies without too much anxiety. The V3S seem to have a little more power than they did in .57 and so I was able to drive them into the camp.

I'm actually missing the zombies a lot. With the few players there are on the EXP servers, and my aversion to killing players unless they ambush me, I'd like to have some use for the ammo that I find. Hopefully they are more threatening than they are in stable .57, where zombies are pretty much a joke and actually hard to find unless you are in the biggest cities.

This game rocks, but I'll probably take a little break until the zombies are back.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=492374095

• Like 7

Is rain tied to a server? I have been thinking of making a camp in a private server when .58 gets to stable but if a server can only be a "rain server" or a "sunny server" it can make some problems. I want some rain but on the "rain servers" it rains all the time...

Is rain tied to a server? I have been thinking of making a camp in a private server when .58 gets to stable but if a server can only be a "rain server" or a "sunny server" it can make some problems. I want some rain but on the "rain servers" it rains all the time...

i think so, but with excelerated time there is no problem on rainy servers. 

maximum rain i expected was 15-20 minutes, not that hard to stay dry until its gone.

Edit: and i hope rainy weather will be much colder and harsher then now, no raincoat and hat in your backpack, froze to dead.

that is what "i " want, not all space filled with 75drums for AKM and you are god.

Edited by wasnu
  • Like 2

I died from harsh weather earlier this week heh. Hypothermia got me although I was sitting by a fire, hydrated and energized. I definitely carry a raincoat now.

i think so, but with excelerated time there is no problem on rainy servers. 

maximum rain i expected was 15-20 minutes, not that hard to stay dry until its gone.

Edit: and i hope rainy weather will be much colder and harsher then now, no raincoat and hat in your backpack, froze to dead.

that is what "i " want, not all space filled with 75drums for AKM and you are god.

Yeah, if nights were colder it would be even better, you had to make campfires or have heatpacks. Too bad the range at which you see a fire/other light source is so damn low. If it was like 500m I would be much happier.

joined today SC-02, saw Thurman Merman in the playerlist and logged out.

Thought this server is picked clean and all items are transfered to Merman Town :D

I've got an hour right now.  Gonna go see if I can grab those 2 trucks I hid.  Wanted to get all 15, but that's obviously a tall order.

I have been shot more times in this current experimental build than any other I have participated in. I was shot for the 3rd time in 3 days today. On the plus side, I'm surviving 66% of my hostile encounters atm.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 2

Too bad the range at which you see a fire/other light source is so damn low. If it was like 500m I would be much happier.

Most likely a limitation of the current renderer. Give it time :)

Looks like some activity on SteamDB -- maybe just adjusting item spawns..?

Item spawns don't require client changes now thanks to CLE. Those internal builds are probably (hopefully) additional bug fixes, like the error message that pops up when you quit the game.

When is new stable branch supposed to come out?

Probably Wednesday (the 5th) during maintenance.

I just wanted to thank the developers in this Forum for their work on something that offers a rare challenge and interesting rewards through persistence and rarity of items.

This.

• Like 2

Cheers to whomever sniped (and I presume carjacked) me at the gas station East of Gorka (SE-02). I had been working up the nerve to do some touring in my two V3S. My faith is renewed in why I'm an antisocial, shoot-first hermit.

On the bright side, I can confirm that other trucks, tents persist after death.

• Like 1

Yeah, if nights were colder it would be even better, you had to make campfires or have heatpacks. Too bad the range at which you see a fire/other light source is so damn low. If it was like 500m I would be much happier.

I have been spending some time up on the northern section of the map and the last two nights it has rained and when the sun goes down I am getting the cold indicator and shaking message. I made fires just to ensure I didn't hit hypothermia.  I am sure fires will be visible from a greater range eventually but keep in mind that it is very possible to reduce the ambient light so that you will need to be pretty close to see them. 

Cheers to whomever sniped (and I presume carjacked) me at the gas station East of Gorka (SE-02). I had been working up the nerve to do some touring in my two V3S. My faith is renewed in why I'm an antisocial, shoot-first hermit.

On the bright side, I can confirm that other trucks, tents persist after death.

Is one truck not enough? @you and thurman

thurman had two (new) trucks at one stage and was driving one 1km then running back to the other and driving that 1km too just to try get two new trucks to his base that had already loads of trucks. That is madness imho.

It's funny as hell that people are doing this but I just don't get it - is it you just don't want anyone else to test trucks or what? Why do you need more than one? 

I love the sks but I never dual carry two. Or try collect them all.

Edited by freethink
  • Like 2

Is one truck not enough? @you and thurman

thurman had two (new) trucks at one stage and was driving one 1km then running back to the other and driving that 1km too just to try get two new trucks to his base that had already loads of trucks. That is madness imho.

It's funny as hell that people are doing this but I just don't get it - is it you just don't want anyone else to test trucks or what? Why do you need more than one? 

I love the sks but I never dual carry two.

Why do I collect trucks?  Because they're there.

I pass one.  I think it would look nice around my campfire.  I bring it home.   :huh:

ETA:  I now have 8 at camp.   I have 2 hidden in the woods.  I know where 2 more spawns are (but I suspect someone else does, too, so I should prioritize those).  When I'm bringing the last of those 4 home, I know where one is laying on its side - I'll knock it over.  If I can get all 5, that would be 13.  I'd be pretty pleased with that production.

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 1

Found an MRDS at a crash today.  Thinks someone was asking if they spawned.  Also found a snap loader for the blaze which now has the correct ammo in it!!

• Like 2

Why do I collect trucks?  Because they're there.

I pass one.  I think it would look nice around my campfire.  I bring it home.   :huh:

You don't collect every hat because they "they're there." I think what you are doing is totally legitimate even if it is to troll but I think the "Because they're there." answer is a little weak. You don't cut down every tree because it's there etc. I've got to guess it a troll and i'm cool with that. I just hope in the future they don't make it so easy for people like you to just run around spawn points and get all the trucks. Hopefully by the time the full game comes out there will be so many possible spawn points than consulting a map will be useless - also hope they fix esp cheats for tents/trucks/crash sites etc (not accusing you but think that's maybe what happened to your camp the last time.)

Anyway it's edge cases like you improve things so keep on keeping on, man.

Edited by freethink

-snip My faith is renewed in why I'm an antisocial, shoot-first hermit.

-snip-

-snip- With the few players there are on the EXP servers, and my aversion to killing players unless they ambush me, -snip-

I'm so confused.

:huh:

I died from harsh weather earlier this week heh. Hypothermia got me although I was sitting by a fire, hydrated and energized. I definitely carry a raincoat now.

it's a bug in current Exp. sudden hypothermia which can not be cured. several people reported this in reddit.

You don't collect every hat because they "they're there." I think what you are doing is totally legitimate even if it is to troll but I think the "Because they're there." answer is a little weak. You don't cut down every tree because it's there etc. I've got to guess it a troll and i'm cool with that. I just hope in the future they don't make it so easy for people like you to just run around spawn points and get all the trucks. Hopefully by the time the full game comes out there will be so many possible spawn points than consulting a map will be useless - also hope they fix esp cheats for tents/trucks/crash sites etc (not accusing you but think that's maybe what happened to your camp the last time)

It's just eliminating competition. It's the same like I sometimes take guns from houses and throw them in the woods so no one else can take them.

My guess is that like you said, trucks will not be static but dynamic and can spawn in multiple towns/cities.

it's a bug in current Exp. sudden hypothermia which can not be cured. several people reported this in reddit.

I can confirm this, Dudester100 was also suffering from weapon sway. A splint, a fire, etc. didn't cure this. He died eventually because of it. Edited by IMT

I forgot to give my usual "experience log" post after last night's session (as I feel obligated to, since everyone else does :)), so I'll sum it up quickly. Continued helping Dudester and IMT establish the "Experimental Labs" camp. We haven't done much hunting, but other than that we're very self-sufficient. Lots of storage space/shelter, a few trucks, and all the supplies our medium-sized group could ever need really. We haven't even been looting as much during my sessions simply because we don't need anything. Thus, Dudester and IMT have taken to experimenting with the barrel and other WIP mechanics.

They've already shared their results, so I won't rehash that. Instead I'll do my thing and share a few pictures:

A teddy bear at the base of a tree that stands in the center of our camp has the following message for would-be visitors:

APnavYl.jpg

A fully-stocked test facility, currently specializing in tie-dye clothing and plant fertilizer  :lol:

Kspmwvo.jpg

Dudester running around camp for various supplies to test with:

v3VkPUc.jpg

Our expansive facilities:

U6cT8up.jpg

Coffee break:

TbTlaHs.jpg

• Like 8

You don't collect every hat because they "they're there." I think what you are doing is totally legitimate even if it is to troll but I think the "Because they're there." answer is a little weak. You don't cut down every tree because it's there etc. I've got to guess it a troll and i'm cool with that. I just hope in the future they don't make it so easy for people like you to just run around spawn points and get all the trucks. Hopefully by the time the full game comes out there will be so many possible spawn points than consulting a map will be useless - also hope they fix esp cheats for tents/trucks/crash sites etc (not accusing you but think that's maybe what happened to your camp the last time)

Trees and hats don't have any value.  Trucks are mobile tents - they're better than any single gun - the premium item in the game if you ask me.  And, I am liking the look of them circled around my camp - in retrospect, if I had known I was gonna get this many, I'd have placed the barrels and tents differently.  

It's not to troll - it's just a goal - not much else to do in this stage of .58 (I guess I could keep hunting, letting fing burn my meat because he insists on using a pot, and watching my pelts disappear when I try to tan them :D ). I've crafted everything there is to craft.  Seen everyplace there is to see.  I even gave away a truck earlier (kinda wish I hadn't now - I might have scored all 15).  And, the 2 trucks I did steal, I got away with sans violence - I could have shot the driver at dismount, but I wanted to "steal" it - not KOS.  And, you can ask anyone who has played with me, especially in EXP, I'll give anything away.  

As far as it being easy: certainly the fixed spawns were a big help - I knew the 4 spawns at Vavilovo were on - those were my first 4.  But, I've run all over the frigging map to get the rest, so I earned them.   :D

Had to look up ESP cheats - I don't think that's what happened to my camp - the first 2 times, it was just the barrels, packs and tents - no one touched the trucks.  The third time, I think I just got busted.  It was an ok, but not great spot for a camp.

ETA:  after seeing Tatanko's post, maybe I wouldn't need so many trucks if he wasn't hogging all the tents.  :D

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 2

I forgot to give my usual "experience log" post after last night's session (as I feel obligated to, since everyone else does :)), so I'll sum it up quickly. Continued helping Dudester and IMT establish the "Experimental Labs" camp. We haven't done much hunting, but other than that we're very self-sufficient. Lots of storage space/shelter, a few trucks, and all the supplies our medium-sized group could ever need really. We haven't even been looting as much during my sessions simply because we don't need anything. Thus, Dudester and IMT have taken to experimenting with the barrel and other WIP mechanics.

They've already shared their results, so I won't rehash that. Instead I'll do my thing and share a few pictures:

A teddy bear at the base of a tree that stands in the center of our camp has the following message for would-be visitors:

APnavYl.jpg

A fully-stocked test facility, currently specializing in tie-dye clothing and plant fertilizer  :lol:

Kspmwvo.jpg

Dudester running around camp for various supplies to test with:

v3VkPUc.jpg

Our expansive facilities:

U6cT8up.jpg

Coffee break:

TbTlaHs.jpg

Clothing dye, making fertilizer and making and eating food sums it up indeed. :lol:

I'll be online soon so we can continue these things. :lol:

By the way, I used your lard to try and see if it would make a frying pan work but it didn't, don't be mad. :blush:

• Like 1

It's just eliminating competition. It's the same like I sometimes take guns from houses and throw them in the woods so no one else can take them.

My guess is that like you said, trucks will not be static but dynamic and can spawn in multiple towns/cities.

I think it's more like a little bit of light-hearted trolling. Either way it's given me a laugh. As you said hopefully come 1.0 trucks/helis are a lot more difficult to farm in the future

• Like 1

Trees and hats don't have any value.  Trucks are mobile tents - they're better than any single gun - the premium item in the game if you ask me.  And, I am liking the look of them circled around my camp - in retrospect, if I had known I was gonna get this many, I'd have placed the barrels and tents differently.  

It's not to troll - it's just a goal - not much else to do in this stage of .58 (I guess I could keep hunting, letting fing burn my meat because he insists on using a pot, and watching my pelts disappear when I try to tan them :D ). I've crafted everything there is to craft.  Seen everyplace there is to see.  I even gave away a truck earlier (kinda wish I hadn't now - I might have scored all 15).  And, the 2 trucks I did steal, I got away with sans violence - I could have shot the driver at dismount, but I wanted to "steal" it - not KOS.  And, you can ask anyone who has played with me, especially in EXP, I'll give anything away.  

As far as it being easy: certainly the fixed spawns were a big help - I knew the 4 spawns at Vavilovo were on - those were my first 4.  But, I've run all over the frigging map to get the rest, so I earned them.   :D

Had to look up ESP cheats - I don't think that's what happened to my camp - the first 2 times, it was just the barrels, packs and tents - no one touched the trucks.  The third time, I think I just got busted.  It was an ok, but not great spot for a camp.

ETA:  after seeing Tatanko's post, maybe I wouldn't need so many trucks if he wasn't hogging all the tents.   :D

Doesn't bother me...I find it interesting more than anything. Play on player.

• Like 1