kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Maybe I was just unlucky, then. I ran from Electro to Prison Island on two different servers and saw literally nothing.. Like not even ruined boots or winter pants. I'm wondering if all the netting is in one spot again.

So the last patch that was about 690 Mb, does anyone know in specific what it added ?

So the last patch that was about 690 Mb, does anyone know in specific what it added ?

When did you see this? Or are you mentioning the experimental update from 7/17/2015? If so, here is the full changelog provided for that experimental branch update: http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Changelog#v0.58.128761_.2817_Jul_2015.29

-VikingzTV [Matt]

Just had a good play session with Tatanko, Dudester and BleedoutBill. Things went pretty smoothly and not counting the desync while being a passenger of V3S, no rubberbanding or bad lag spikes.

Got the chance to see a heard of 4 deers, 1 adult and 3 young ones. 

105a9t2.jpg

Some screenshots of the night. Thanks fellas. I had quite an enjoyable evening.

Tatanko cooking some deer meat and lard.

sypnpv.jpg

Evening setting in at Kamensk.

2iqhleh.jpg

Testing out the vehicle tent.

ru709y.jpg

Lovely sunrise in Pustoshka.

wtc5dz.jpg

Parting ways with the guys. Had a great evening. 

30nj1pf.jpg

• Like 5

When did you see this? Or are you mentioning the experimental update from 7/17/2015? If so, here is the full changelog provided for that experimental branch update: http://dayz.gamepedia.com/Changelog#v0.58.128761_.2817_Jul_2015.29

If we're talking *only* what's changed in Friday's build, this is it:

--4 new enterable buildings (garage, barracks, pump station, transformer vault)

--Tripwires can be deployed

--Torches now have fire, road flares have new smoke & effects

--Ammo boxes hold (and take up) 8 slots

--Lots of fixes (see here)

• Like 4

Played, at various times, with Gary Walnuts, Odin Lowe, Dudester, tux, and BleedoutBill. It was fun, fellas. I am now at a state of geared where I am not wanting for anything at all. I have almost my ideal loadout as an outdoorsman-focused player.

We've also been really fortunate to hold the keys to transportation (plugs, batteries) as a group for the last few days so truck travel has been the norm for us. Since very few people have had our kind of luck it would seem, there are trucks available to us all over the north when we run out of gas or beach one on a pile of trash in the middle of the road  :|

The performance has been great other than the desync we're experiencing when travelling as a group in the V3S, and that's on a server that's halfway around the world from most of us so the game probably isn't to blame for most of it. Overall, one of the best patches I can recall for Experimental in recent history.

Some pictures from today:

egj5Md9.jpg

X0952OP.jpg

l7DDGOY.jpg

7pPpvJ1.jpg

9pZZfpN.jpg

Eygcqsq.jpg

F9ece2X.jpg

aAzVYQd.jpg

aseopqS.jpg

• Like 7

Has anyone found a hunters rucksack?

Hunters backpacks are in i have found a couple in the garden sheds with the boards missing and no door that are usually full of hard hats 

Also think its been noted already maybe but fire station stairs "you are dead" message when i went back down from the 2nd floor 

could have been epic desync but not sure 

Hunters backpacks are in i have found a couple in the garden sheds with the boards missing and no door that are usually full of hard hats 

Also think its been noted already maybe but fire station stairs "you are dead" message when i went back down from the 2nd floor 

could have been epic desync but not sure 

I don't about anyone else but I haven't had any problems going up or down fire station stairs I will go to a server where I'll have desync and go to a fire station and test to verify that it was caused by desync.

I definitely think the netting must be spawning in just one spot. I've been everywhere, even to the little pier above Svetlo. If they're spawning at all, it's in one spot.

I definitely think the netting must be spawning in just one spot. I've been everywhere, even to the little pier above Svetlo. If they're spawning at all, it's in one spot.

Found mine between Berizino and the swiw to skalitsny island. Wasn't even looking just trying to meet up with my daughter.

Found mine between Berizino and the swiw to skalitsny island. Wasn't even looking just trying to meet up with my daughter.

Thanks man, I'll look into that.

I want to do a survivor on experimental. I don't know what's got into me, maybe it's the idea of running around, camping bandits and whatever has gotten old so here's a few questions before I start out.

1. I know cooking in a pot does not work, nor does cooking in a frying pan. Does cooking on a stick work?

2. Are tents persistent? Do they stay when you place them and do they keep inventory items?

More will follow when these are answered.

I want to do a survivor on experimental. I don't know what's got into me, maybe it's the idea of running around, camping bandits and whatever has gotten old so here's a few questions before I start out.

1. I know cooking in a pot does not work, nor does cooking in a frying pan. Does cooking on a stick work?

2. Are tents persistent? Do they stay when you place them and do they keep inventory items?

Before the patch last Friday the cooking pot was working in exp - but I did not try it in this patch.

• Like 2

Before the patch last Friday the cooking pot was working in exp - but I did not try it in this patch.

Ok thank you, I actually was the one who put the report in about it so if they fixed it then that means I can do my survival play through much easier. Any news on tents? Are they persistent?

1. Cooking pot works. Haven't tried frying pan. Cooking stick works. For cooking pots you need to fill them with water or place lard in them to cook with them. Then you need to place them ON the fire, not IN the inventory of the fire.. (By on, I mean, with the logs/sticks).. If you are cooking inside of a house (fireplace) you do that.. If you are cooking in an open fire (not in fireplace) you need a cooking stand and you need to attach the pot to the cooking stand.

2. Yes they are persistent. Yes they stay in place. Yes they keep inventory items.

Just thought I would mention.. --

I have been playing on the latest .58 Experimental Branch update (updated 7/17/2015), and have been hiking up the Western side of Chernarus.. Well along my way I have run through several small and large towns (including Zelenogorsk). Throughout these towns I have been lucky to find even 2 items even searching through every house in these towns, most are just completely empty of loot.

I am extremely happy to see the loot explosions gone from floating in the streets which in my mind, made experimental generally unplayable but the fact that I can't find a single item in most of these towns makes it almost unplayable too. I have tried to take it in stride and say, "well, maybe a little more challenge is what I need in this game right now".That being said however it is completely insane that most all of these towns and cities are completely empty from loot.

Any ideas on why this is and/or whether it will be fixed soon? Is anyone else having this issue and if so what are your thoughts on it? Thanks guys for any information and good luck in Chernarus.

- VikingzTV [Matt]

Did you try different servers? Until now I'd say this patch is easy-mode in regards to loot. It's interesting to hear such a different experience.

1. Cooking pot works. Haven't tried frying pan. Cooking stick works. For cooking pots you need to fill them with water or place lard in them to cook with them. Then you need to place them ON the fire, not IN the inventory of the fire.. (By on, I mean, with the logs/sticks).. If you are cooking inside of a house (fireplace) you do that.. If you are cooking in an open fire (not in fireplace) you need a cooking stand and you need to attach the pot to the cooking stand.

2. Yes they are persistent. Yes they stay in place. Yes they keep inventory items.

You can also craft the stone oven and put the cooking pot on directly.

We've also been really fortunate to hold the keys to transportation (plugs, batteries) as a group for the last few days so truck travel has been the norm for us. Since very few people have had our kind of luck it would seem, there are trucks available to us all over the north when we run out of gas or beach one on a pile of trash in the middle of the road  :|

I got lucky and found a plug and battery right off.  I've spent all this time collecting trucks and tents and moving them to a secluded(?) spot, just to see how much I could collect.  Right now, I only have 3 trucks and three tents, but you are correct - I've seen at least 5 other trucks I could have taken.  I may try and round up 7 more trucks tomorrow just so I can have 10 - only have 2 batteries and 2 plugs though.

ETA:  Not the best quality, but here is the beginning of Thruman's V3S Distributorship:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=484189852

If you know were that is, feel free to drop by for supplies.  There's a pen and paper; so sign the guest book.

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 1

I think the real question I have is are can you view the contents of a cooking pot now? The problem I reported was when attached to a gas stove the cooking pot could not be looked in unless you detached it and even then it was cooking the items placed inside it.

I think the real question I have is are can you view the contents of a cooking pot now? The problem I reported was when attached to a gas stove the cooking pot could not be looked in unless you detached it and even then it was cooking the items placed inside it

You have to take the cooking pot off the stove to check the contents.. 

But you can use a stick just fine. 

• Like 1

Yes tents are persistence and working as intended. And when u cut down a tree for firewood you will get a stick - drag your meat on it and target the fireplace

to cook it after you have the meat on the stick - it takes about 1 min. to roast it. 

Edited by Ori42

Use the stick, Luke.

• Like 2

By the way: has anyone run into a heli yet?

yes, SW of Vybor yesterday.

Quick loot update. i noticed loot respawn and it was great far south west of the map. 

I went north to Green Mountain in that area almost no loot at all, and I need to search for apples. :)

I spotted two deers, but I couldn't sneak upon them, and they are too fast I think at the moment. 

By the way: has anyone run into a heli yet?

I have run into two. First one had a supressor east for my AKM and the second one had an AKM & SKS on/in. I took them out and hid them in a nearby area for some friends :) 

Has anyone found the CR527/ AKM magazines? I can't find them anywhere