kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Do any of you experience that after a while of playing you sometimes can no longer pick up stuff? Not in a inventory slot, not in the hands? Can still drop stuff though.

Happened to me yesterday on UK-09, but after a restart of the game it was solved.

Today on UK-05 but this time a restart didn't solve it.

Correction: some stuff.

Sometimes it's almost as if the game doesn't register I'm in the room because when it happens I can't pick something up and I log out and in again I am usually outside the room the item was in. Could it simply be desync?

I only had one incident last night, where I couldn't manipulate items in my inventory. I selected an item on my hotbar (which worked as expected) and then afterwards, I could interact with my inventory items again.

Also: overheating is back in effect again. Had to strip and get myself wet and just lay there for many minutes to cool down again. I was almost wishing for rain, warming up at a fire goes a lot quicker than cooling off.

The servers are still running warm. There really is no reason to build a fire, except to cook. If you get wet, you merely have to jog around for five to ten minutes, in order to warm up and dry off.

Last night I spawned fresh at Berezino and I didn't find a desirable jacket until I got to Devil's Castle. The whole time I was wearing a T-shirt and I didn't get a single message about being cold. And no, I didn't run once. I was just walking and jogging and I was perfectly warm the entire time. I'm sure that it would have been a different story if I had gotten caught in the rain, though..

Sometimes, sometimes not. If decent loot was spawning on those vehicles and no one else had been there yet, they were indeed a gold mine. Usually one of the better places to get clothing.

And MP5s and SKSs and PMKs and ACOGs and binoculars and lions and tigers and bears ... oh my!

• Like 4

Has anyone found a hunters rucksack?

Found my LSK, still have not seen any maps, no, not willing to "meat" up (see what I did there?) and trade for one, it isn't that important to me.

A good use for barrels would be stills, especially after we start growing potatoes.  Need copper tubing though.  Salvageable from wrecked vehicles maybe?

No zeds means that there are only two real threats (and lately even with zeds they weren't too big a threat to players or gear) other players and death by misadventure.  No one should be surprised, at this point, at KOS on a military/police installation. or any other premium loot location (past or future) on the whole map.  Whether it be 1 or 3 pp on servers that are stable, private or experimental, that is just the way of it in DayZ.   Every once in awhile I like to hit "p" and look at the names of the other players.  If you are on a server with names that are primarily variations of terminator, killer, bandit, ninja, cannibal or showing many clan affiliation tags (mostly but not always true) and you are "surprised" when you get KoSed, well, then you are, as Bugs Bunny would say, a "Maroon."

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 4

Hmm they seem to have done something to the engine and now the jitteriness, even with very low everything, is making me motion sick and I can no longer play. I was running very high objects and very high texture and very high terrain for the past many months and now that is over. I'll check back later and see if it is smoothed out. You guys say the performance is better, but this last update brought me from bad to worse. Safe hunting.

Hmm they seem to have done something to the engine and now the jitteriness, even with very low everything, is making me motion sick and I can no longer play. I was running very high objects and very high texture and very high terrain for the past many months and now that is over. I'll check back later and see if it is smoothed out. You guys say the performance is better, but this last update brought me from bad to worse. Safe hunting.

That's bizarre, my old dualcore desktop is getting almost double the fps in any given area but our newer box store laptop is running it worse. It's weird too I can see the the kids rifle on my screen but they cannot see mine on theirs, I've had this while double carrying before but right now I have a longhorn and a mosin but no second rifle.

**edit** We were on the same server so we can rule that out, lol.

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 1

I can't play 0.57 - probably 6 guys fully geared and a brief visit on priv. servers - back on experimental.  :blush:

Edited by Ori42

For anyone who hasn't seen them all yet, I have pictures of all the new enterable buildings.

Pump Station:

icTXIXa.jpg

4iqvlJ8.jpg

Transformer Vault:

LOpcBd3.jpg

HDbAMW5.jpg

Military Barracks:

CjcVcUH.jpg

yjXAliK.jpg

V7dytPP.jpg

Garage / Workshop:

vPPIYXJ.jpg

RWSwbaG.jpg

I7PNtB0.jpg

Any loot in these bew buildings?

Not impressed with the inflatable deer decoys :(

Will anybody be on later tonight around 1130 pm EST to play some experimental ? I'm all geared up on 1PP servers at the prison island , and on 3PP got a character as well :) !

Any loot in these bew buildings?

Not a thing in any of them, sadly. To be expected with their first inclusion. They'll get loot soon enough.

Will anybody be on later tonight around 1130 pm EST to play some experimental ? I'm all geared up on 1PP servers at the prison island , and on 3PP got a character as well :) !

I'm sure some of us will be ;)

• Like 1

same here, after 30 minutes my head feels like it will explode.

fps are also dropped with this build for me, sometimes it drops to 1-3 fps in the woods.

not mutch fun this time....

• Like 1

Most likely ...

Yeah il be on and depending on where you are we can find a cargo vs3 and come pick you up.  B)

Was anyone able to find a Glowplug or a V3S Battery?

Did the HElis spawn random again? Havent seen one till now.

Tatanko found a glow plug while I was with him. Also found a couple batteries.

Before latest patch, we saw random spawning heli crashes (still at three of the several known spawn locations, dynamic none the less).

Also: overheating is back in effect again. Had to strip and get myself wet and just lay there for many minutes to cool down again. I was almost wishing for rain, warming up at a fire goes a lot quicker than cooling off.

Before overheating was such an issue, but they had just brought back rain, I was getting cold way too fast. Now that you can't just sprint everywhere without more consequence of just having to catch your breath, I've seldom been cold. I might start jumping in some water before I being a large trek on foot.

It's cool seeing the build go from one extreme to another on each feature (i.e. how we went from "no temperature" to "easily cold from rain" to "easily hyperthermic from always sprinting"), then finding a middle ground. Makes sense in a development point of view.

I have had no degeneration of health due to hyperthermia, so I'll keep sprinting everywhere until they further iterate on stamina.

A good use for barrels would be stills, especially after we start growing potatoes.  Need copper tubing though.  Salvageable from wrecked vehicles maybe?

Love this idea. It would be great if they add alcohol / tobacco + effects, and you could brew your own makeshift substances. Hopefully the crafting system becomes very in-depth and abundant.

• Like 4

Love this idea. It would be great if they add alcohol / tobacco + effects, and you could brew your own makeshift substances. Hopefully the crafting system becomes very in-depth and abundant.

Wasn't that mentioned in the Brian Hicks interview someone posted on the boards here?

I seem to remember something along the likes of he didn't personally agree with it but it was going to happen, might be IRL tobacco+ effects, I remember stuff wrong sometimes.

• Like 2

Anyone who wants to contribute more to understanding experimental, please PM me on the forums.

We're working on some tools to help us keep track of what's going on in the most recent updates, a sort of changelog, if you will.

• Like 5

Just thought I would mention.. --

I have been playing on the latest .58 Experimental Branch update (updated 7/17/2015), and have been hiking up the Western side of Chernarus.. Well along my way I have run through several small and large towns (including Zelenogorsk). Throughout these towns I have been lucky to find even 2 items even searching through every house in these towns, most are just completely empty of loot.

I am extremely happy to see the loot explosions gone from floating in the streets which in my mind, made experimental generally unplayable but the fact that I can't find a single item in most of these towns makes it almost unplayable too. I have tried to take it in stride and say, "well, maybe a little more challenge is what I need in this game right now".That being said however it is completely insane that most all of these towns and cities are completely empty from loot.

Any ideas on why this is and/or whether it will be fixed soon? Is anyone else having this issue and if so what are your thoughts on it? Thanks guys for any information and good luck in Chernarus.

- VikingzTV [Matt]

Anyone who wants to contribute more to understanding experimental, please PM me on the forums.

We're working on some tools to help us keep track of what's going on in the most recent updates, a sort of changelog, if you will.

Good idea

It's funny that I have been experiencing an increase in friendly players too. The last four players I met were all friendly, asked if I needed anything or even gave weapons with ammo. Big contrast to the four players I met before that who all tried (and some succeeded) to kill me without even trying to communicate. I would welcome it if the players made a turn to the good side.

Which server, maybe we met without even knowing it. :D

Is it me or are some people really stupid in this game? I was searching some long barricks and some guy came in and pointed a gun at me and then killed me after I pulled my gun out as well. If the guy who did that reads this did you really expect me not to pull out my gun when you point a gun at me without saying anything at all?

I would've ran until I could draw my gun. Trust me, sprinting targets are hard to hit for most people.

Beware the op fish trap is fixed, kind of.

If you drop a wire onto a stack of netting it consumes the whole stack of netting

It does get ruined after about 3 uses and is no longer usable.

I've also had really bad "hand bugging" and unresponsive hotbar this morning.

I reported this bug and they fixed that. ;)

I reported this bug and they fixed that. ;)

You reported the indestructible trap or consuming the whole stack of netting?

Is there anything that can repair the traps because I have a feeling as time goes on netting will not be so easy to come by. 

Tried this earlier at a hunting stand: I had a primary but wanted the repeater in the stand. So I climbed the ladder and at the top before I got onto the stand itself and while still on the ladder, I got the option to "take" the  repeater, clicked it and the repeater disappeared.

I've been using a Hunter's Rucksack. Seems pretty rare, though. 

Can someone tell me exactly where they found netting? Every boat i've seen on every server has had literally nothing. I had a full ghillie before the wipe :(

I've been using a Hunter's Rucksack. Seems pretty rare, though. 

Can someone tell me exactly where they found netting? Every boat i've seen on every server has had literally nothing. I had a full ghillie before the wipe :(

Still at boats, just way more rare than before the wipe an there's no way it should have been like that, 10pc in 10 minutes.

I ran the whole beach from Berizino south to the point to find a stack of four last night and my fishtrap ate all four.