kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

Did anyone else get a significant performance gain today?

I'm used to single digits in cities and mid 20s staring at my feet, I was up to the 30-40s running down the beach and mid 20s solid looting houses, I ever saw 80s staring out over the water.

I got it with -newui enabled in the previous .58 so maybe they are moving some of the newui stuff across?

Edited by freethink

Take it as a compliment. 

• Like 1

Had some cocktails this evening and have no desire to post... I need a nap.  But really, weapon drawn on you and ya think you can perform a ninja move...just sad.

DAYZ SCIENCE TIIIIIMMMMEEEE!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Did you know we all have a built in range finder? IT'S CALLED THUMB NAIL HEIGHT!!!! WOOT WOOOOOT!!!!!

Have you completely lost your mind FlimFlamm? NO, OBSERVE!:

In game we give a thumbs up (F7 key) and we focus on comparing our thumbnail height (outlined in green) to the height of a door that we see in the distance. You see, since our thumbs are all the same height, when we compare them to a standard object like a person or a door, the ratio of how tall the distant standard object (doors) appears will be consistent at different distances when compared to the standard height of thumbs.

As it happens, the rule of thumb ( B) ) is as follows: If the height of the door you are comparing your thumb fingernail to appears to be the same height as your fingernail, then you will be at a distance of roughly 100 meters. If the door appears to be half the height of your thumb, you will be at roughly 200 meters. If the door appears to be roughly one quarter of the height of your thumb, then you will be at 400 meters, and so on... Alternatively, if you thumb is half the size of the door, then you will be at 50 meters.

My numbers are still rough because I don't have an actual range finder (so I could be completely wrong if DayZDB lies to me about distances), and I plan to use standing human persons as a more useful standard height to compare your fingernail against. Please test this out and let me know how it works for you!

SCREENS FOR SCIENCE:

1Lk8vwE.jpg

TlrzrAl.jpg

I developped this while trying to figure out a way to rangefind for the bow in an effort to judge angle of fire more accurately, but I reckon this could be very useful in other contexts. Gonna make a thread about ti once the concept is refined and tested/confirmed!

Edited by FlimFlamm
  • Like 7

Played some hours with my friends today. We had a good time :)

No ghost sounds, no lootsplosions. Performance is a bit more worse than before the patch today. We noticed more desync and rubberbanding. Sadly, there was no zed from Berezino to Cherno.
We just saw the new cute bambis, but they were frozen (we couldn't kill them), no reaction. We found lots of food, enough ammo, etc. even on the coast.
I played with -newui since the beginning, and I have to say I like it very much. Especially the crafting part feels different but much better :beans:

New items found: glow plug

gjqp27oc.jpg

Edited by xCAPx
  • Like 1

Played some hours with my friends today. We had a good time :)

No ghost sounds, no lootsplosions. Performance is a bit more worse than before the patch today. We noticed more desync and rubberbanding. Sadly, there was no zed from Berezino to Cherno.

We just saw the new cute bambis, but they were frozen (we couldn't kill them), no reaction. We found lots of food, enough ammo, etc. even on the coast.

I played with -newui since the beginning, and I have to say I like it very much. Especially the crafting part feels different but much better :beans:

New items found: glow plug

gjqp27oc.jpg

Not really new, it's needed to drive the truck along with a truck battery .. but a good find either way.

Tatanko's flare-weenie

253nDNA.jpg

Good build today. Enough loot to get by. No zeds and better performance. 

Edited by tux
  • Like 6

Something new, for me anyways... no loot, but nice to have another building to enter.

nLomYNG.jpg

KTrrUWs.jpg

Edited by Super_Duty
  • Like 2

I've actually seen worse than that. On the 1pp server that I normally play on exclusively there was about 4 or so players who's names were about penises. I saw another one of those types of players tonight who's name was LongDong. They need an in-game reporting feature and if anyone abuses it then that person should get banned temporarily and if they continue doing it then make it permanently.

Edit:

Has anyone else seen other herds besides the one I posted about earlier?

Edited by LordBlackwolf

I've actually seen worse than that. On the 1pp server that I normally play on exclusively there was about 4 or so players who's names were about penises. I saw another one of those types of players tonight who's name was LongDong. They need an in-game reporting feature and if anyone abuses it then that person should get banned temporarily and if they continue doing it then make it permanently.

Tbh, I can see the humour in penis jokes it is a funny looking appendage. Throwing that word around as a joke shows either some extreme ignorance or apathy towards it. Clearly I rustled some jimmies but he couldn't handle 1pp or mum sent him to bed as he changed it to another variation then left after 15.

On topic. The little country grocery store has spawn points now and the little two story house is puking jackets and shirts still with a chance of m65s. Guns and ammo seem to be pretty easy to come by in houses so far.

Ran around with Igor, Dudester, and tux tonight. Happy to report that the loot piles seem to be fixed for now, and the performance was pretty good (sort of to be expected with no zombies).

~600m target practice from the cliffs of Stary Yar (I'm using a LongHorn, the white dot in the second picture is the bullet hitting  :P)

USUb4ko.jpg

5YNcJFd.jpg

Dudester, tux, and I discovered something wonderful about the new indoor fireplaces: the two-story cabin ("pub") has two fireplaces! Not only that, but the chimney outside has exhausts for each of the fireplaces that lets smoke out separately depending on which fireplace(s) are lit   :)

Upstairs:

3XhAIp2.jpg

Downstairs:

aAfvLYf.jpg

Double Chimney:

a98ZjPZ.jpg

The rest of my pictures from the evening:

6phh3Q3.jpg

IdhVv0v.jpg

Sm6J95p.jpg

ATBIQej.jpg

IL7VBsp.jpg

abkQvYT.jpg

lWgfD8Z.jpg

da9fhDy.jpg

xau8tVB.jpg

AowxhO0.jpg

9x32nCz.jpg
1U7fGHI.jpg

tB0yFHp.jpg

grOcMQf.jpg

Y2buoJM.jpg

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 9

No zeds :(

• Like 3

AowxhO0.jpg

grOcMQf.jpg

1. Hula hoop with a V3S tire

2. Drop and give me 20!

Awesome screenshots man. Makes me enjoy playing that much more, knowing that you're taking awesome shots of the action and tomfoolery.

• Like 3

Yeah, I saw that douchebag earlier.  I am betting it was a person you recently had a run in with here in the forums.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 2

Yeah, I saw that douchebag earlier. I am betting it was a person you recently had a run in with here in the forums.

I don't like to throw around assumptions and accusations but seems like a good theory.

I don't like to throw around assumptions and accusations but seems like a good theory.

$100 says it's that dumbass that's been trying to argue with you for several pages now.

• Like 5

Some observations from AUS/NZ 0-2.

Haven't found any maps or map parts or leather sewing kits anywhere I have looked. :|

Northern Convoy is still lootless, nothing spawned at any of the vehicles there. :(

Military jails, wtfwt, over?  Still nothing spawning in them.

Finding Tuna at pick up truck wrecks. :thumbsup:  

The wrecked police car up north of Kemensk is still there but is not spawning anything. 

One of the new open bay barracks up at the derelict military base east of Kamensk Mine. :D  

Finding "Gun Holsters" in outhouses, sorry that really made me laugh and think "banana hammock".  Not sure about the appropriateness of it. :unsure:   :facepalm:

Be warned, if you are speeding around in your V3S on AUS/NZ 0-2 I have been putting up roadblocks with barrels and bear traps (haven't found any mines but if I do I'll put one in a road block and get into overwatch on that one).  Please advise if you hit one and tell us all what happens, if anything to the truck, if you are running past it leave it in place please.  I figure it's best to experiment with it this way than try it on myself.  Not sure if my reaction to a roadblock I already knew was there would be worth anything.  

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 5

@Barnabus: where is that north convoy? And why Tatanko didn't post screen shots of that.

Hicks wrote that non-intaractable wrecks won't spawn loot any more.

Anyway, my game runs better with every update. Few rubber bands here and there, but nothing serious.

I really miss zombies. I will never get over those 0.55 zeds.

We didn't find anything new last night. Loot is ok, not too much, enough to make our way north.

If devs fix zombies and persistence for 0.59, with three new vehicles and I hope few more parts for repairs (and mandatory use of tools) game will be awesome again.

Working your ass off all night to repair and refuel rusty GAZ, that will be dayz I remember from mod.

I'm glad I found new team to play with, you guys really love this game.

• Like 4

Some observations from AUS/NZ 0-2.

Haven't found any maps or map parts or leather sewing kits anywhere I have looked. :|

Northern Convoy is still lootless, nothing spawned at any of the vehicles there. :(

Military jails, wtfwt, over?  Still nothing spawning in them.

Finding Tuna at pick up truck wrecks. :thumbsup:  

The wrecked police car up north of Kemensk is still there but is not spawning anything. 

One of the new open bay barracks up at the derelict military base east of Kamensk Mine. :D  

Finding "Gun Holsters" in outhouses, sorry that really made me laugh and think "banana hammock".  Not sure about the appropriateness of it. :unsure:   :facepalm:

Be warned, if you are speeding around in your V3S on AUS/NZ 0-2 I have been putting up roadblocks with barrels and bear traps (haven't found any mines but if I do I'll put one in a road block and get into overwatch on that one).  Please advise if you hit one and tell us all what happens, if anything to the truck, if you are running past it leave it in place please.  I figure it's best to experiment with it this way than try it on myself.  Not sure if my reaction to a roadblock I already knew was there would be worth anything.  

I have found a map, and a Leather Sewing kit.. Willing to trade both of them.

@Barnabus: where is that north convoy?

On the north dirt road from Krasnoe, near the north end of the map.

Was anyone able to find a Glowplug or a V3S Battery?

Did the HElis spawn random again? Havent seen one till now.

Was anyone able to find a Glowplug or a V3S Battery?

I have both on a 1PP server. Got bored since there are no zombies so I didn't find a truck.

Do any of you experience that after a while of playing you sometimes can no longer pick up stuff? Not in a inventory slot, not in the hands? Can still drop stuff though.

Happened to me yesterday on UK-09, but after a restart of the game it was solved.

Today on UK-05 but this time a restart didn't solve it.

Correction: some stuff.

Sometimes it's almost as if the game doesn't register I'm in the room because when it happens I can't pick something up and I log out and in again I am usually outside the room the item was in. Could it simply be desync?

Edited by SAK
  • Like 2