kichilron

Exp Update: 0.58 + Hot Fix.

I was just poking around on the Trello page. http://trello.com/c/QlEAgh9c

It appears that we've hit a CLE milestone. Reading between the lines, it looks like the CLE can now not only control the loot types that spawn, but also the total number of each specific loot item. 

This is but another rung in the development of the CLE ladder, but it is an important one. While I doubt that anyone will bust out the Champagne tonight (I, myself, will have a celebratory glass of Laphroaig!), it is exciting to see that the devs are making steady progress on obtaining the fine grained control over the loot spawns, that we need.

Now, if we can only get those spawn points worked out ...

Patience!

Edited by BleedoutBill
  • Like 3

Ok so i instantly spawned on the southern island with the run down castle. And im pretty much geared up already...... WHAT?! xD

The newly added Skalatky (or whatever I don't speak Russian) spawn?

If I spawn anywhere near there when I get in I'm gonna swim right over.

I don't know what exactly you mean by pretty much geared as "geared" means different things to different people, for me geared is a blaze and a low visual signature to avoid predators. 

I spawned in Elektro, made it to Mogilevka before server restart. Already found 3 barrels and a car tent...but only a child's backpack. :) Went from hungry to energized/hydrated/healthy rapidly.

• Like 1

So that's it for tonight.

Here are my last screenshots:

If you look closely you can see a deer in the middle of the screen. He scared the shit out of me twice.

uYZt2ZO.jpg

Well, not anymore!

ojS4i5z.jpg

Shortly after that when I wasn't watching some random bandit started punching me.

According to some of his gear, definitely a bandit!

6OhnbuS.jpg

• Like 5

The newly added Skalatky (or whatever I don't speak Russian) spawn?

If I spawn anywhere near there when I get in I'm gonna swim right over.

I don't know what exactly you mean by pretty much geared as "geared" means different things to different people, for me geared is a blaze and a low visual signature to avoid predators. 

No its just the island with the run down castle not the prison island.

Geared meaning iv already found a hatchet, best in slot pants, range finder, some shotgun rounds, Repeater, backlava, 911 mag, etc. Only thing i need is a shirt with slots and a pack and id be set. But you get the picture im almost set especially when you can get a fishing pole going.

The civil tent (blue) is persistence I can confirm that - still there after server reset.  

Edited by Ori42

Spawned in at Cherno, same here no zeds anywhere so far. 

Couple of new enterable buildings including the small tower we could never go into before.  It has a ladder inside that goes up but it is broken and cannot be climbed.

Loot (except food) is hard to come by, at the fire house in Cherno there were two fire axes and one splitting axe.  The fire axes were outside and up on the roof of the tower.

Checked the gym and one first floor of the school house and didn't find any 6 pocket pants so I bailed, seemed not worth the risk..

Swam out to the prison, got me a RAK 73 with a 15 rnd mag, a plate carrier and a smersh pack (first pack I had even seen).

Back on the mainland now and the server just reset.  I'd wait to make a final call about lootsposions, at least a couple of resets

This is such a wank post 

The sporter was/is  the most underpowered un-loved rifle in the game 

now because it takes a LRS and used to snipe its an ass hats weapon ?

Kinda like highly vocal advocates against KoS committing acts of 

asshattery for the purpose of landmine persistence testing ?

Wow, hurtful.

I'm not sure if you're calling me out on MY land mine persistence testing but I did all mine in safe locations using my own 2 accounts.

The asshatery with the sportster (and mp5, rak, and any other gun spawning at the invisible police cars) I was referring to was the few guys that I've quietly observed picking over these piles exposed for way too long. I sneak in after to pick up a box of .308 if possible so I can get out of town and hunt. These jerkoffs run down the street exposing a clear shot at their back pause turn around like maybe they're going to talk carefully aim and bang "your dead". They were already dead for a few minutes if I wanted I just think it takes a bigger man to turn down the shot.

I will not stoop to that level of "oh, another player... kill it" and think we should all have to work a little to get the ability to kill anything with one click.  

No its just the island with the run down castle not the prison island.

Geared meaning iv already found a hatchet, best in slot pants, range finder, some shotgun rounds, Repeater, backlava, 911 mag, etc. Only thing i need is a shirt with slots and a pack and id be set. But you get the picture im almost set especially when you can get a fishing pole going.

Yeah, that's called Skalisty Island.

Sounds like about what I've seen the few times I've been over there in the last few weeks.

I've seen cop cars without any lootsplosions around them.

That's because police cars are supposed to spawn the same way helicopters are supposed to.  This is why you could, in some earlier builds, run into helicopter spawned items with no helicopter anywhere near it, the loot would move around but the helicopter it self would stay in one place.  The cop car lootsplosions are just in more obvious locations and are where the cars could have, potentially, spawned if everything was working as it is supposed to.  In the previous build to this one finding cop cars with nothing was pretty darn rare and is usually a car that never got cleaned up from a much earlier build to begin with (like the one in the shed behind the cop station in Sevrograd).

They happened were cars could spawn.

Absolutely correct.

Edited by Barnabus

ojS4i5z.jpg

That's a new "type." It's all the same functionally, but this is one of MANY types of deer configured for the game (there are about 10 variants in total). Many of the in-game animals will eventually have various types like this.

What surprises me is that this was next to the sea. Based on this and other posts about animals and zombies in this build, I'm going to go out on a limb and say they upped the animal spawns at the expense of (removing) zombie spawns. Given that I've never seen the variant above before, it's probably to showcase/test new animals... or just give us a build with lots of animals since they've been sparse in 0.57/0.58.

• Like 3

Wow, hurtful.

I'm not sure if you're calling me out on MY land mine persistence testing but I did all mine in safe locations using my own 2 accounts.

The asshatery with the sportster (and mp5, rak, and any other gun spawning at the invisible police cars) I was referring to was the few guys that I've quietly observed picking over these piles exposed for way too long. I sneak in after to pick up a box of .308 if possible so I can get out of town and hunt. These jerkoffs run down the street exposing a clear shot at their back pause turn around like maybe they're going to talk carefully aim and bang "your dead". They were already dead for a few minutes if I wanted I just think it takes a bigger man to turn down the shot.

I will not stoop to that level of "oh, another player... kill it" and think we should all have to work a little to get the ability to kill anything with one click.  

Don't let him get you, he's a troll and you just fed him.  Just ignore him, don't let him get you suspended or banned, it's how he gets his kicks.

• Like 2

So that's it for tonight.

Here are my last screenshots:

If you look closely you can see a deer in the middle of the screen. He scared the shit out of me twice.

Well, not anymore!

Shortly after that when I wasn't watching some random bandit started punching me.

According to some of his gear, definitely a bandit!

Congratulations you just killed Bambi!!! 

• Like 2

That's a new "type." It's all the same functionally, but this is one of MANY types of deer configured for the game (there are about 10 variants in total). Many of the in-game animals will eventually have various types like this.

What surprises me is that this was next to the sea. Based on this and other posts about animals and zombies in this build, I'm going to go out on a limb and say they upped the animal spawns at the expense of (removing) zombie spawns. Given that I've never seen the variant above before, it's probably to showcase/test new animals... or just give us a build with lots of animals since they've been sparse in 0.57/0.58.

I think there were two. I saw one running from me and he ran deep in the sea. A bit further ahead was the second one which I killed.

Congratulations you just killed Bambi!!!

He deserved it bro. While I was making space for the deer meat by drinking my soda cans and eating some canned food he started punching me in the head.

I warned him but he kept going so I shot him. He ran away when I hit him but a bandit is a bandit and they need to die.

Trust me, bambi's are sometimes even more dangerous than people with guns.

Good post.

I used to see deer come down to the ocean near my summer house all the time.

The young would play chicken with the incoming waves.

I like your theory RE: animal spawns vs infected, that sounds about right in this build.

As evidenced by the cows of Novoy Sobor

9YNkTiI.jpg

Maybe some of these models look improved... I always wonder if I'm imagining some stuff like this.

On0G6P3.jpg

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 2

Wow, hurtful.

It was indeed a blatant snipe 

Were you not mining helicrashes?

That is hardly safe testing seems more like 

asshatting for lols 

In the spirit of trading opinions i think you are doing it wrong 

you cant complain about KoS when you hunt/stalk players

Then Again you probably think Lopatino life is boring 

Good post.

I used to see deer come down to the ocean near my summer house all the time.

The young would play chicken with the incoming waves.

I like your theory RE: animal spawns vs infected, that sounds about right in this build.

As evidenced by the cows of Novoy Sobor

9YNkTiI.jpg

Maybe some of these models look improved... I always wonder if I'm imaging some stuff like this.

On0G6P3.jpg

Super stoked to get in after I do a few things around the house, been having so much fun hunting lately.

I've been under the impression they're updating with new improved models lately too, some are subtle like the black hat with the tactical bacon logo, the logo looks more defined.

I've been under the impression they're updating with new improved models lately too, some are subtle like the black hat with the tactical bacon logo, the logo looks more defined.

I can't prove it, but I'm almost positive that some parts of the new renderer have already been implemented. I think that may be the major contributing factor to the improved FPS people are seeing in cities and I also believe that it is why some items simply look "different" without there really being an easily expressed means of communicating how the item is different, 

This is such a wank post 

The sporter was/is  the most underpowered un-loved rifle in the game 

now because it takes a LRS and used to snipe its an ass hats weapon ?

Kinda like highly vocal advocates against KoS committing acts of 

asshattery for the purpose of landmine persistence testing ?

Guns don't KOS people, asshats do!

If you're going to be an asshat, it really doesn't matter which weapon(s) you use. And, just for the record, just because you have the right to be an asshat, that doesn't nullify my right to call you an asshat.

• Like 5

He deserved it bro. While I was making space for the deer meat by drinking my soda cans and eating some canned food he started punching me in the head.I warned him but he kept going so I shot him. He ran away when I hit him but a bandit is a bandit and they need to die.Trust me, bambi's are sometimes even more dangerous than people with guns.

I think Barnabus was referring to the young-looking deer ;)

Funny how you take for granted what certain terms mean in the context of DayZ, then a literal "Bambi" gets put in the game!

• Like 5

Hmm.  Either textures not loading properly or it's some glitch.

I don't suspect it's textures client-side because that part of the woods isn't any different than the surrounding areas.. but I guess it could be.

Location is the dry lake bed in the deep northwest  (I'm taking the screenshot from about 018/004 and facing southwest)

We'll see if I can walk on it and explore around out there and see what changes created this...

... or maybe it's a snow layer  :D

mjYPEMN.jpg 

Well, if there's anything out there I sure could't find it.  

No Lost City of Chernarus, no Nords, no Sasquatch.

But there were footprints (and a slight headache)  :blush:

QJwXNSH.jpg  

Edited by GaryWalnuts
  • Like 3

I think Barnabus was referring to the young-looking deer ;)

Funny how you take for granted what certain terms mean in the context of DayZ, then a literal "Bambi" gets put in the game!

Aaahw, he got me good! But still, bambi's are dangerous, it scared the crap out of me so I had to take it down. :lol:

He even said "You killed bambi" not "You killed a bambi", it's all about reading the small things.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 2