boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.57 Discussion

Was looking forward to skipping the looting phase and going straight into the woods to see how crafting was working.

Spawned in Elektro, stopped by those guard stands, and there happened to be a loot-splosion outside on the porch. Got fully kitted (AK74, mag, ammo, silencer, full smersh, tons of food).

Couple things I noticed:

• Zeds seem to be ignoring doors again. And boy are they sure loud as hell. Thought a group of zeds was chasing me, look back, only to find it was one really pissed off zed right on my tail. Still pretty easy to outrun though.

• The 300 Round Box only holds 4 slots now, and anything can go inside of it. I've heard that the first aid kit is the same thing. 

amlSpki.jpg

• The Loot-splosion I saw outside of the guard building (I moved everything off of the porch in order to check all of the loot). I assumed since persistence was off, we wouldn't be seeing anything like this anymore. Not sure what to make of it. 

mBGVuD2.jpg

• Masks can again be worn under helmets. I thought they took this out, not sure why it's possible again. Works with the gas mask as well. 

kU8w0p6.jpg

I'm heading inland to see what's going on out there. Just wanted to stop by and post what I've been finding so far in 0.57 stable.

EDIT: This was all on the /r/dayzunderground server. Normally this private hive was 1st person only, but now it's 1pp/3pp. Not sure if this is intentional or if 1pp only is not an option at the moment.

Edited by tux
  • Like 2

OK, I spawned in Cherno, looted Cherno, Chapavesk, Balota (city and airstrip), Komarovo and Alcatraz. Now I'm going to bed, but first quick info about bugs in 0.57:

- loot is broken: not enaugh: food (found 1 rice and 1 can of beans), ammo (found 1 sks pack and 1 5.45 pack), weapons (1 izh18, 1 axe, 2 knifes), backpacks (1 red school backpack), too much: clotes (found like 30 ttsko jackets, 30 ttsko pants, 10 assault vest and hi-cap vests in one room on alcatraz, 10 vests in camo building, etc.), mags for mp5, pistols, m4 attachments

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=458818530 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=458816257

- characters status is not updating (you need to relog)

- some random missing file errors

- if you have vest or other "container" in your inventory (in backpack/pants/jacket) items will be placed there (yup, you can put items into items into items again)

- if you press LMB on item on ground fast sometimes it will "jump in and out" your backpack.

- your clotes and items you are wearing no longer stay in fixed order (maybe not bug?), if you picked up pants first then they will be higher than jacket in your inv screen

- if you have anything in hands (tested with izh, axe and can) you can't jump (can't use v)

- items are still not assigned to building (you can find camo clothes in restaurant, but long barracks and civilian barracks are empty)

- 1 zombie sounds like 5+ zombies (I was chased by 3 zombies and it sounded like small army of zeds)

- items in vicinity are indestructable (I think you could destroy them in exp)

However: I have much better fps (always 30+, even in cherno)

Sorry for any mistakes, English is not my primary language and it's pretty late.

Thank the Lord! Well done devs. I actually got notice of this on a gta v site, wasn't expecting it today now.

• Like 1

heavy lootbombs spotted. Can't use certain items, matches, handrill. Food/drink system is non existant. One can chop down trees with hands.. Bullet given from another player in gun goes back to original owner it seems if ejected. Needs a quickfix at least for eating/drinking and being able to use items like matches and so on.

Edited by aasand

Can confirm the loot-splosions, mainly clothes and sometimes weapons (had 3 guns in a single castle tower). Apart from that it looks good. I really like that we can get a fire and the new torch going without any matches.

heavy lootbombs spotted. Can't use certain items, matches, handrill. Food/drink system is non existant. One can chop down trees with hands.. Bullet given from another player in gun goes back to original owner it seems if ejected. Needs a quickfix at least for eating/drinking and being able to use items like matches and so on.

Hmm. Try relogging? I have no problem at all eating, drinking and starting fire.

The patch was, once again, a quick shot!

The loot explosions, especialy on the guard houses, are horrible. Loot economy are not working.

The loot explosions, especialy on the guard houses, are horrible. Loot economy are not working.

loot spawn isn't bound to the client, so even if its broken, the client works just fine (for me)

Finally a new stable update is here. :)

P.S how is the loot this update. ;)

It's working great, the lootsplosions are there because the loot economy does not yet know that 3 bazillion items per building are not a good thing. The script that tells the loot economy that it is actually a BAD thing is being written in the next weeks. So, what's not yet there at all can't be broken.

Finally a new stable update is here. :)

P.S how is the loot this update. ;)

I found all the things I needed really fast. Half an hour in, I already had plenty to eat and drink, a press west, gun with ammo (and plenty guns and ammo that didn't fit each other) and an improvised backpack. I have to say that this is too easy for me, but it's better than the "pick-apples-or-starve"-game it was on experimental for some time.

too much mil loot. (and generally loot over abundant - 8 cans of food in one house s just way over the top) ... been literally drowning in guns. But yeah, that's only my play preference. I do realise that for the KOS crew, this update sure is quite good, since effectively it's not a survival game (saw ! 2 ! zombies in 30 minutes, found food for a whole school class), but a quick-gear shooter clone. So depending on your playstyle, the update might be the thing for you.

• Like 3

update just finished It is time to venture into the new dayz update now. :)

I want to thank the guy who killed me after asking what I thought of the stable update! Seriously? lol. I knew what you were up to before you tried anything though.

I ended up spawning in svetlojarsk and got geared up pretty quick. I had trouble finding cans of food but ended up finding quite a few guns and plenty of food and

ammo to survive for a while so whoever it was did me a huge favor!

Everything works perfectly on my side. No memory leaks, no crashes, in-game or on exit.

Action bar works great. Infected are in. Haven't seen any animals though, and some spots have multiple ones at the same time usually. (Ex: The small house on top of the North-East hill of Kozlovka have pigs, chicken, goats and sheep spawning usually. I have found none today, and was the first one on the server...)

ColdAtrophy saw a white cow earlier.

I found something resembling a lootsplosion atop a radio tower.

The things not seen in the pic are the SPOSN I traded for the red dry bag, 14 shotgun shells I picked up, and another trench shovel just off screen.

WqJTwu9.jpg

Can also confirm that 1 zombie sounds like many.

Spawned at gas station near elektro, found lots of stuff incl 1911 + mag in same house, met new spawn at well, gave him rice, got killed by his geared mate, re-spawned at the same point, they were waiting for me, got shot again, spawned at solnichniy, almost got killed by a zed, almost starved, ate blue berries, got sick, ate raw rabbit, drank lots of well water, still sick, passed out (due to sickness?!), was unconscious for half an hour, logged out, logged in, news pawn... great patch, very very smooth gameplay! fuck kosers!

ps. finding stones is a pain... makes no sense, stones are everywhere!

Edited by sfx

Hmm. Try relogging? I have no problem at all eating, drinking and starting fire.

Nope, status logging is forever status ingame. Doesn't matter how much i drink or eat. It doesn't change. Well i can't make use of certain items at least. Cant explain why but some i can't even equip in hands. Also after chopping down trees with hands i must relog to able to use guns or melee.

You have none of these issues? Tried a few different public servers.. Food/drink status updates when i relog, but it's a guessing game. Also they should get rid of the notice when people try to connect full server. Makes it impossible to read messages and sometimes pulse if they spam it.

Edited by aasand
  • Like 1

Needs a quickfix at least for eating/drinking ...

I haven't had any issues. Please elaborate.

Loot economy are not working.

Correct, the cleanup routine is not working correctly, that is why persistence is off at the moment.

Edited by BleedoutBill

ColdAtrophy saw a white cow earlier.

I found something resembling a lootsplosion atop a radio tower.

The things not seen in the pic are the SPOSN I traded for the red dry bag, 14 shotgun shells I picked up, and another trench shovel just off screen.

Can also confirm that 1 zombie sounds like many.

You can always rely on a radio tower for a shovel and a few pair of boots.  :)

• Like 1

Nope, status logging is forever status ingame. Doesn't matter how much i drink or eat. It doesn't change.

I and at least one other guy had that problem on the final 0.57 Exp build. I would encourage you to document the issue on the bug tracker.

I haven't had any issues. Please elaborate..

Ok, seems like it's not everyone. Weird. Ok, you spawn in as hungry. This never changes as long as i am logged in. I can drink 50 times from a well or a whole rice and still nothing changes. Still hungry, non thirsty.

Edited by aasand