boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.57 Discussion

Just came back from a long break and was greeted with this after the update:

sTWquFg.png

Any idea why?

Edited by SFRGaming

I and at least one other guy had that problem on the final 0.57 Exp build. I would encourage you to document the issue on the bug tracker.

Nice, but can you put for example matches in hands?

Spawned at gas station near elektro, found lots of stuff incl 1911 + mag in same house, met new spawn at well, gave him rice, got killed by his geared mate, re-spawned at the same point, they were waiting for me, got shot again, spawned at solnichniy, almost got killed by a zed, almost starved, ate blue berries, got sick, ate raw rabbit, drank lots of well water, still sick, passed out (due to sickness?!), was unconscious for half an hour, logged out, logged in, news pawn... great patch, very very smooth gameplay! fuck kosers!

well, first off by now you should know that this game attracts a certain kind of character. Be glad they are busy ruling the game, because thus they are out of real life management or ruling positions ;)

jokes aside, what did you expect from an update focusing mainly on even more weapons combined with even more loot ?  Gearing up -> 10 mins -> boredom but lots of guns -> consequence?

So no, it's not a fault of the KOSers, killing is perfectly legit - it's the game direction favoring this kind of gameplay. As my last posts outline, I do not like scrapping the sandbox idea either, but the devs seem to want it this way, so we have to take it like that ;)

• Like 2

Ok, seems like it's not everyone. Weird. Ok, you spawn in as hungry. This never changes as long as i am logged in. I can drink 50 times from a well or a whole rice and still nothing changes. Still hungry, non thirsty.

Got ya. Per post #49, I saw that once in EXP. No matter how much I ate, or drank, I was stuck on dark green Energized. When I re-logged, I was lime green energized, but in the lower LHS of the screen I was getting messages about being stuffed and wanting to vomit. When I looked at the status indicator in my inventory screen, I didn't have a stuffed status. It seems like the messages and the status indicators were out of sync.

Nice, but can you put for example matches in hands?

Haven't had any issues at all with 0.57 stable ... yet.

... but the devs seem to want it this way, so we have to take it like that ;)

I disagree, especially if any of the 0.57 Exp builds are anything to judge by. The CLE is not fully configured, so the devs rigged it so that there is too much loot, instead of too little. It's a temporary measure.

If the loot in 0.57 Stable was anything like it was in Exp, all of you would be rage quitting right now.

Patience. 

• Like 3

Spawn walk 10 meters to the closest car wreck aaand a sporter....im gonna have a good time with this patch.

Spawn walk 10 meters to the closest car wreck aaand a sporter....im gonna have a good time with this patch.

every person primarily interested in loot and shoot / KOS / PvP will have that :D

If the loot in 0.57 Stable was anything like it was in Exp, all of you would be rage quitting right now.

Patience.

I would be pissing myself if they had gone with the scarce loot build we had in some of the experimental patches... Now everyone gonna bitch about how shite the Devs are because the CLE does not 'work'.. I can't wait to roll about with an SDV in this patch.. Soon they will be so rare you won't hardly see them. Backpacks too, enjoy them while you can ;)

• Like 1

TIF (Today I found)..... (I was a new spawn, too)

It was a little town in the south, it shall remain unnamed so I can keep my loots :D

But anyway, I found:

• PM-73 RAK
  • PM-73 15 round mag
  • ~80 .380 auto bullets
  • Sporter .22
  • Sporter .22 10 round mag
  • Box of 50 .22 rounds
  • Mosin
  • Box of 7.62x54 (Mosin ammo)
  • IZH-18 Rifle
  • 15 rounds of 7.62x39
  • ~25 .308 rounds
  • ~30 jackets/pants
  • Blue Mountain Bag
  • Yellow Drybag
  • 2 Tents
  • ~10 canned food items
  • ~7 soda items
  • 1 PET Bottle
  • 2 Steak Knives
  • ~4 kitchen knives
  • 1 meat cleaver
  • ~3 Meat hammer thingies.....
  • 2 full 1911 mags
  • 2 full CR75 (the pistol) mags
  • 3 Makarovs
  • 2 Acog Scopes
  • 1 Pistol Flashlight
  • 1 Crowbar
  • Butt-tons of other assorted junk (flares,handcuffs,chemlights,etc...)
  • Like 1

I disagree, especially if any of the 0.57 Exp builds are anything to judge by. The CLE is not fully configured, so the devs rigged it so that there is too much loot, instead of too little. It's a temporary measure.

Patience. 

Well said Bill. I forgot that we will now see posts from people who haven't seen any of the experimental builds we have all been participating in for the last few weeks. After two days, servers were basically empty of any particularly useful loot. At one point about two weeks ago, I was wearing a construction helmet and a dress while I spammed for apples just so I wouldn't freeze to death while I starved. 

I think you hit the nail on the head. At this point, the devs are doing what they can to keep the experience fun and playable while we they continue to work on the CLE. I am super excited to see the next iterations of the loot economy.

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 3

every person primarily interested in loot and shoot / KOS / PvP will have that :D

Yeah hope they dont interfere with my chicken hunt or im going to have a problem with em

New server, private. New character 2. try.. Now i have no status at all. No sidebar, no notification when wet or when bleeding. Had bleeding status on my first character after someone axed me a question. (then i also spawned hungry, but second character gets no health status at all. This is not consistent..

And, those guardhouses.. goddamit thats a loot of AK's.

Love how the zeds react to sound. Fire one shot and they keep coming for the next 2 min.

Edited by aasand

All my heath bars for hunger, thirst, etc have all vanished. Has this happened to anyone else yet?

Also compared to last patch my character is VERY well geared.

eXhiyrB.jpg

Edited by Deathlove

I only got to play for about an hour with my older brother, but I'm loving it already.
It feels soo much smoother. Slightly better FPS, but mostly everything just syncs and reacts better. I didn't want to stop playing, but both of us had stuff to do today.
I'm defiantly jumping on tomorrow, if not later tonight.

I wish the tents were persistent, so that me and my brother could start making our first ever camp.

Also, I've ran into a few bugs, obviously. The most notable was one where I'm trying to jump onto a particular public server, having it kick me off with no warning box as soon as I spawned (though my brother, who was already on it, told me he saw the chat log message say I had an authentication time out). This was solved by jumping onto another public server, spawning successfully, and then jumping back onto the first server. It spawned me fine then. This happened several time, whenever I left the game and came back, but it was always with the same exact server.

The other one, I had just spawned in on a server my brother was on. He's in the middle of town at the water spicket. I spawn, sprint toward him, and go to jump over a fence with my gun in hand. My guy stopped, dropped his gun, and stepped over the fence. This only happened once, and I had just spawned. 

If either one continues to persist/are repeatable, I will file a feedback report. 

Soon they will be so rare you won't hardly see them. Backpacks too, enjoy them while you can ;)

What makes you say that ? why will backpacks be rare ? 

I found a pristine Smersh vest, pristine TTSKO and a SPONS, so I'm happy now. There was a huge amount of clothes in the prison.

Is it true there is no Zhumbies on stable atm ?

Nope it's not true. There is few zombies but there is some.

• Like 1

Is it true there is no Zhumbies on stable atm ?

I believe from my experience (my one hour experience), and from the devs a bit before, that they are there initially.

But when killed, they don't respawn until the server decides to do so during a restart, IF it decides to.

Edited by Deadjuice

Yeah, I just wanted to test it more and when I relogged again after a while, it seemed to work normally again.

In my experience, relogging is a way to fix "broken" inventory problems or all kind, often used when something is messed up.

Spawned at gas station near elektro, found lots of stuff incl 1911 + mag in same house, met new spawn at well, gave him rice, got killed by his geared mate, re-spawned at the same point, they were waiting for me, got shot again, spawned at solnichniy, almost got killed by a zed, almost starved, ate blue berries, got sick, ate raw rabbit, drank lots of well water, still sick, passed out (due to sickness?!), was unconscious for half an hour, logged out, logged in, news pawn... great patch, very very smooth gameplay! fuck kosers!

ps. finding stones is a pain... makes no sense, stones are everywhere!

Celebrate kosers! Hard survival with scarce loot is easy to come by in Don't Starve, great game! And to actually write something constructive, even when being friendly, assume the worst and move accordingly. If you want to give rice to ppl, fine, do it in a location though where you can somewhat control the situation and keep moving. Not just left and right, that still makes you an easy kill from the side. And without the glorious kosers I would be bored to hell and back. And I do kos, too :). The thing about Don't Starve being a good game was serious, too, everyone not knowing it should check it out!

Just came back from a long break and was greeted with this after the update:

sTWquFg.png

Any idea why?

Here is my C:\Users\THE_WORLDS_GREATES_USERNAME\Documents\DayZ\DayZ.cfg :

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=93750;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Windowed=0;

Resolution_W=1920;

Resolution_H=1080;

winX=16;

winY=32;

winW=800;

winH=600;

winDefW=800;

winDefH=600;

refresh=60;

Render_W=1920;

Render_H=1080;

FSAA=0;

postFX=0;

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=1;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=1059917824;

nonlocalVRAM=2147483647;

3D_Performance=93750; is in line 3 ... check your DayZ.cfg at that location and just paste my value, IF and only IF it is not in the file. Should other values be missing, too, continue setting mine (or those of others) and adjust your values in the ingame settings after that ... if that helps you, if not, no idea. But the error message tells you, that that value is not set in the file... .

Edited by bautschi

I have seen no zombies today and all the players are being really nice to me! I haven't found anything great yet, except some sushi. Oh wait, I'm at work...never mind.

There are zombies. At least in Cherno and Berenzino.

Ok, i figured out why one suddenly can't use items. Certain actions make your hands glitch into holding an object that doesn't exist. Like just now.. I was taking a screenshot, missed and hit f11. That made me hold an invicible gun. This also happens if you chop trees with your hands. Must relog to fix. Edit: (after relogging i had a mosin in my hands i think i tried to pick up 30 min before) Glitched invicible gun is real.

Suddenly after restart, my statusbar is back again and works as normal. Why it suddenly goes away sometimes i don't know.

Servers are struggling after some uptime so probably some memoryleak. And that new schoolbuilding is a real fps-killer.. Drop down from 40 to 5 fps entering the hallways.

That pond north of berenzino in the summercamp is a deathtrap.. Its like the Sims and the swimmingpool where you remove the ladder. Spent 25 min to get out of there. Think i glitched my way up the stairs somehow. Lucky.

Edited by aasand

There's so much loot everywhere! I wanted to try and live off the land, but the first building I spawned near had an unbelievable amount of loot. Seems like loot-splosions are back, even though apparantly persistence is off.

Zombies are in fact back in this patch, and they are brutal. They can run through doors, so make sure you outrun them or shoot them down before going to lot.

Animals are also back in this patch. Found and killed a deer, which was very satisfying.

INxQ9mu.jpg

• Like 2