boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

Oh Boy! Yay Update. 5 a.m., coffee and a nice round of updated, unwiped DayZ. That's how my days should start out :)

Oh dear... did the servers just go down again?

They went down cause they knew you were going to come on. XD

Jk lol

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 1

It's lame that people hoard even though they know they're going to end up losing the stuff they're hoarding anyway! Also, is it just me or are some people

anal in this game in that they close doors of buildings they've looted as well as strip entire towns barren of everything so that anyone who comes behind them

won't find anything useful to survive with unless they get lucky?

You should close your doors else you are an easy target. On stable I played on low pop. servers. Once I was at the military base at Veresnik where the loot explosions are. I was sorting and checking some loot when I suddenly noticed the door opened.

So I knew he was there and he didn't know I was there. At a place like that I don't need to tell what happened next.

Ever since I had that encounter, I always close my doors behind my ass and quickly close the rest of the doors. Why? Because I am always one big step ahead as soon as that door opens. They don't know I'm there and I'm aware of their presence.

• Like 3

They went down cause they knew you were going to come on. XD

Jk lol

Yeah I know, I'm one of those folks who step foot out of bed in the morning and the Devil says: "Oh Shit, she's up!".

So are we gonna see more updates after this one then / several iterations? Cause I am still hurt in-game and bleeding and was trying to bandage myself and now I'm probably still bleeding and suffering and dying in a most undesirable way ^^

Edited by Demonica
  • Like 1

You should close your doors else you are an easy target. On stable I played on low pop. servers. Once I was at the military base at Veresnik where the loot explosions are. I was sorting and checking some loot when I suddenly noticed the door opened.

So I knew he was there and he didn't know I was there. At a place like that I don't need to tell what happened next.

Ever since I had that encounter, I always close my doors behind my ass and quickly close the rest of the doors. Why? Because I am always one big step ahead as soon as that door opens. They don't know I'm there and I'm aware of their presence.

You've got a really good point. I close doors when I'm in a building but after I leave it I leave the door open. Not because I can't take the time to close it but to

save time so I can move from building to building quicker.

Edited by LordBlackwolf

I love how we can now pitch tents almost everywhere. Ill make camp on roof of a building.

The first time I ever came across a military tent I tried it everywhere just to see what the game would allow. This was my favorite spot:

ZKkRNo3.jpg

• Like 7

You've got a really good point. I close doors when I'm in a building but after I leave it I leave the door open. Not because I can't take the time to close it but to

Plus in high traffic area's it can be your death, closing that door where you left. I always leave the door where I leave open aswell.

The first time I ever came across a military tent I tried it everywhere just to see what the game would allow. This was my favorite spot:

ZKkRNo3.jpg

And I know exactly where that is. But don't worry, I'm not going to raid your tent. I only do that to bad people (the ones who have an whole army shop at their tent).

Edit: maybe I'll stop by if I know which server. After all, I camped out there myself for 2 days or so. Not quite far from there at the moment.

Edited by IMT

ZKkRNo3.jpg

I saw small tent on roof of hospital once. If only devs dont "fix" this.

• Like 1

I saw small tent on roof of hospital once. If only devs dont "fix" this.

Why should it be fixed? These places can be possible if the area is big enough.

I also thought that but then I thought how the hell do you get a tent peg in concrede?

I also thought that but then I thought how the hell do you get a tent peg in concrede?

With a hammer and lots of force. Actually this is where the hammer and even those pegs for tents should come into play.

So who's willing ot be on us getting a stable version today? I could play Experiemental again, but honestly I've had enough of the lag and DC on 50 player servers. I want to build camp again and roam around with my buddies. And that doesn't work too well on experimental, because we hardly get to join at the same time. I really want a stable game again, and I think we ought to get a date on that, after all the  waiting. Would just be nice. But if it doesn't work yet, keep on working! I'm just not sure how far away from Stable we actually are. Haven't played the new update, but the last one was unplayable (on the DE servers) after a while. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

So who's willing ot be on us getting a stable version today? I could play Experiemental again, but honestly I've had enough of the lag and DC on 50 player servers. I want to build camp again and roam around with my buddies. And that doesn't work too well on experimental, because we hardly get to join at the same time. I really want a stable game again, and I think we ought to get a date on that, after all the  waiting. Would just be nice. But if it doesn't work yet, keep on working! I'm just not sure how far away from Stable we actually are. Haven't played the new update, but the last one was unplayable after a while. 

Well even if it does  not come in today more than likely it will be up sometime this week probably and thats more than satisfying enough for me.

And im REALLY happy they fixed the whole invisible buildings thing. That was a game breaker for me in the earlier experimental build.

I close doors almost all the time because slackers like you make Chernarussian Survivors look like they were all brought up on the barn. :D

• Like 2

Because it was not posiblle to pitch tents on/in buildings in mod. That is why I wrote: "fix"...

• Like 1

So who's willing ot be on us getting a stable version today? I could play Experiemental again, but honestly I've had enough of the lag and DC on 50 player servers. I want to build camp again and roam around with my buddies. And that doesn't work too well on experimental, because we hardly get to join at the same time. I really want a stable game again, and I think we ought to get a date on that, after all the  waiting. Would just be nice. But if it doesn't work yet, keep on working! I'm just not sure how far away from Stable we actually are. Haven't played the new update, but the last one was unplayable (on the DE servers) after a while.

I kinda have to agree, they took infected out to deal with the lag/desync problems. Now they are putting the infected back in (less than before though) and you can notice some lag/desync again.

So the problem hasn't been fixed at all but it has been worked around a bit by putting less infected in.

Still, you can notice lag/desync when playing ever since the infected came back in.

I rather have a "stable" build in stable with no lag/desync than with infected and lag/desync. But the amount of infected currently in experimental is do-able. So we can have infected while the developers can check the performance.

Edited by IMT

And I know exactly where that is. But don't worry, I'm not going to raid your tent. I only do that to bad people (the ones who have an whole army shop at their tent).

Edit: maybe I'll stop by if I know which server. After all, I camped out there myself for 2 days or so. Not quite far from there at the moment.

Oh, this was months and months ago. It was only there for about five minutes before I packed it up and took it somewhere else for more pictures :P

Back on topic: does anyone have some seat time with today's build yet? I'm curious to know if you think it's ready for primetime.

Edited by Tatanko

Now they are putting the infected back in (less than before though) and you can notice some lag/desync again.

So the problem hasn't been fixed at all but it has been worked around a bit by putting less infected in.

Still, you can notice lag/desync when playing ever since the infected came back in.

I think it was more or less mandatory to put the infected back in, because the internet world was mocking Dayz for being the zombie shooter without zombies. If its unique sellling point was the crafting, nobody would have complained like that. However, people still see Dayz first and foremost as a zombie shooter and secondly as a survival game. I'm not quite sure about how I feel about the SA these days.

I get what the devs are trying to do, namely give the player a perspective on survival by competing with a superior (zombie) force. Ideally, there would be life threatening decisions to be made, zombie move patterns figured out and ways fought out of impossible situations. So, some thinking involved in playing the game, strategizing, plotting ahead. But that doesn't happen. Because the AI will never be smart enough to be a real thread, unless they come in high numbers (which lag prevents). And I think another problem are the sandbox aspects of Dayz, because there are always too easy choices as opposed to really hard ones. I hardly ever get into a pressing situation and that still only happens in hot zones, like the airport. From everywhere else I could retreat or even just watch and wait out other players. 

I think it would be smart to consider alternatives at this point, to the singular playstyle introduced in the mod. We need more coop gameplay, maybe a few barred apartments we can break into. More interaction with other players is key to the whole game for me. The second thing are zombie hordes. Sheer impossible numbers. Even if they aren't so evenly spread but more local than now that would be fine for me. I want some areas that are stuffed with zombies and require either tactics or a lot of firepower to move through.

On a sidenote: I often don't understand why something like spawning items still doesn't work after two months of work on it. The CLE is not that complex, it just respwans something somewhere that was taken from somewhere else. And that after each server restart. So what's the problem with that? Counting what got picked up? Why is it so important that loot is persistent, before it has been picked up? That loot can change, as long as stuff doesn't vanish after we picked it up and use it. It would mean considerably less stress for the computing, if all these items need not be tracked. Instead of putting so many resources into the loot spawning, devs should concentrate on the cheapest ways to spawn loot now. Focus on getting the zombies right and persistence with our own items to work.

The thing in Dayz is, we have three - now four - competing main systems that all require lots of resources by themselves:

- the infected/ai

- the loot

- the weather

- persistence

All of them require resources and if you simplify one, you can balance more resources into the other system. So, the deal would be to cut out anything not necessary and focus on the two elements that need to work: persistence and zombies. We can make bows, rods and plant crops, so even if the spawns aren't working right, we should still be able to survive. In fact, it might be fun for a while. Minimize the resources used to respawn goods, minimize their amounts and reduce the classes and items in each class (we don't need the hackhook, pitchfork and a good dozen of other assets); every new item introduced increases the lag issue. However, placing more than one object of the same kind, hardly increases the computation. Since introducing new items is so costly on the long run, reduce them down to a minimum and save resources for another part of the game. However, in order for this choice to be effective, we need useful items to spawn (rope, shovels, seeds etc.). No more hard helmets, headlights, gas lamps, hay hooks, etc.

Then, starting from a minimal set of working items and a basic CLE working, move up and introduce more gameplay elements/assets. Same goes for the zombies. If the current system is too complicated, you need to have dumber zombies again. They are no threat anyway, only strength in numbers will make the zombies a danger. Imagine not being able to go through a city, because the main road is blocked by zombies. That is the kind of situation I want to see.   

• Like 2

no, from my observations, on experimental there is just nothing spawning right now

at all

i logged in at 8 AM in Germany into the german servers and the loot was still as bad as the day before

if at all anything is respawning, some people are very organized to collect and hoard it or the loot system makes food/weapons/ammo so scarce that even the whole of NWAF plus chopper crash sites have almost nothing valuable to loot though the server has been reset

thats why i'm guessing loot just isn't respawning right now, since even low-value houses nobody normally visits have no loot at all consistently besides damaged/ruined clothing which nobody wants

That's not quiet true. There is stuff spawning but since loot-mechanics are still a bit derpy, there might be places with loot-overflow and places with no loot at all.

Unfortunately the devs, unlike in every other early access game I have ever taken part in, have no concerns about playabiltiy or players frustration level. Sadly they think just because it's alpha they don't have to fix the most game-breaking bugs before they add new hats...

That's a shame... I have yet to even find a barrel in game....

Curiously I also have yet to find a radio...

I found a radio sitting in a cop car wayyyyyy up North, I didn't take it because its kinda worthless atm. Im traveling by myself until my friend gets his Experimental version download, but even then we'll just be in Steam Chat.

"Why is it so important that loot is persistent, before it has been picked up?"

I think this is to make you move from one city to another and not just living your life there - you would see the same loot. But I think too that devs should abandon this idea and untouched loot should be just randomly replaced by the item spawn system.

I found a radio sitting in a cop car wayyyyyy up North, I didn't take it because its kinda worthless atm. Im traveling by myself until my friend gets his Experimental version download, but even then we'll just be in Steam Chat.

The walkie-talkie or the radio? The radio just plays music and it's not for communication. The walkie-talkie is more for communication but as you say it's sadly limited by out of game communication.