boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

That's not quiet true. There is stuff spawning but since loot-mechanics are still a bit derpy, there might be places with loot-overflow and places with no loot at all.

Unfortunately the devs, unlike in every other early access game I have ever taken part in, have no concerns about playabiltiy or players frustration level. Sadly they think just because it's alpha they don't have to fix the most game-breaking bugs before they add new hats...

Yeah, I looted a barrack the other day, and the server restarts every 4 hours, and its been 24 hours since I last looted it clean, and nothing has respawned. Kinda sucks because I finally found an AK, and I've got probably about 200-300 rounds stored and I've got no mags to put them in XD

At the moment there is no difference at all between stable and experimental lag-wise. It takes 1 minute to search for stones...

The walkie-talkie or the radio? The radio just plays music and it's not for communication. The walkie-talkie is more for communication but as you say it's sadly limited by out of game communication.

Oh? I didn't even know they put a legit radio in, I was assuming that you were talking about a walkie-talkie. Haven't found a radio though, kinda don't want to out of the fear that it plays Russian polka or something really weird like that XD

At the moment there is no difference at all between stable and experimental lag-wise. It takes 1 minute to search for stones...

If you're looking for stones to make a stone knife or something, don't bother. Knives spawn basically everywhere. I picked up a steak knife and used it to carve about 50 arrows for my bow, and it didnt move from Pristine condition.

If you're looking for stones to make a stone knife or something, don't bother. Knives spawn basically everywhere. I picked up a steak knife and used it to carve about 50 arrows for my bow, and it didnt move from Pristine condition.

Even if that's true, this lag shouldn't be here. It takes 2 minutes to eat or drink something, that is outrageous!

Even if that's true, this lag shouldn't be here. It takes 2 minutes to eat or drink something, that is outrageous!

Looks like the problem might be on your end then. Theres no lag for me, I drank from my canteen and a soda can just fine......

Looks like the problem might be on your end then. Theres no lag for me, I drank from my canteen and a soda can just fine......

I'm 100 % sure it's not my connection. I guess that you are on a mid-pop server or even low-pop server? Mine was full and the lag was the same as it would be on a full stable server, perhaps even worse. Obviously this is because of the infected because when they weren't in everything was fine, even on full servers. Now they're coming back in and bit by bit the lag comes back.

Now my question is, what have they been doing with them in the mean time? Putting them in would tell me that they found and fixed the issue, but this is probably not the case.

I'm 100 % sure it's not my connection. I guess that you are on a mid-pop server or even low-pop server? Mine was full and the lag was the same as it would be on a full stable server, perhaps even worse. Obviously this is because of the infected because when they weren't in everything was fine, even on full servers. Now they're coming back in and bit by bit the lag comes back.

Now my question is, what have they been doing with them in the mean time? Putting them in would tell me that they found and fixed the issue, but this is probably not the case.

Of course a full server will show similar lag.

They haven't optimized to that degree yet and probably won't for a long time.

I have experienced that as well in the previous build, but only on some exp servers, on others any action performed fine. So I guess it is a server issue rather than a general build problem.

Anyway all exp servers seems to have gone down (and just as I was getting myself some semi-fine loot).

Edited by BadAsh

I saw SWE up, but that's it. Yay for Update?

Edit: Yup, them's going down.

Edited by Demonica

I have experienced that as well in the previous build, but only on some exp servers, on others any action performed fine. So I guess it is a server issue rather than a general build problem.

I have to admit, this was a different server than I was on yesterday. The server I was on yesterday had a lot less lag even when full. Perhaps some servers just need better hardware.

I have to admit, this was a different server than I was on yesterday. The server I was on yesterday had a lot less lag even when full. Perhaps some servers just need better hardware.

Yeah, some can be a bit derpy. UK servers for me had some lag, but not a whole lot, every other server seemed fine.

Yeah, some can be a bit derpy. UK servers for me had some lag, but not a whole lot, every other server seemed fine.

I was on UK 0-3, was on UK 0-2 yesterday but it went black. Was switching to a DE server but when I joined all servers went down. Edited by IMT

"Why is it so important that loot is persistent, before it has been picked up?"

I think this is to make you move from one city to another and not just living your life there - you would see the same loot. But I think too that devs should abandon this idea and untouched loot should be just randomly replaced by the item spawn system.

I think what's gonna happen with tents/camps and persistence working is going to be, people staying more in an area anyway. Except that area will be bigger than a single city or a village. And areas where other people camp and loot will overlap and we get a lot more action this way. As camps get discovered and looted, people will move to backup camps and start rebuilding. So these two things are tightly connected.

New loot will have to respawn, but they could change the condition for it. If an area is farmed for loot, it could start respawning randomly damaged or badly damaged loot, so it is less interesting to pick it up. Decayed or damaged loot could force you to check out other areas. So, instead of aiming at making all loot persistant, I'd go for making only persistent what has been picked up or dropped by players (on a timer), while everything that respawns will just respawn at random damage stages. And the stages would just be instanced, so in reality only one item spawns; all others are local instances. It might even have different damage states for different players. As long as instancing works, it will lower the computing stress significantly to not track so many individual assets. And as long as the states are fixed when an item is in a player's posession it doesn't matter, if one player sees a pristine item and another a worn, before they pick it up.

I am just theorizing, but I believe we need to think about workarounds for Dayz. Of the systems half are "on" at this time. No weather, ai or persistence. And already the game aches. The CLE is a good idea, but the sheer amount of tenthousands of items it controls is bringing it down. If it controlled only essential items and wouldn't even have to track these individually (but as an instanced group with x members), we could have a more fun game. I would root for more player created items as a means to add individual assets to the game, if it can help lower the lag. 

How about running something like that on the experimental branch for a while? Where we find 90% useful items, but hardly any guns, ammo, clothes, tools. Just what we find can be used to hunt, fish and get equipped. And then slowly expand on that, but only once all other systems are brought into and work in union. 

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 1

I think what's gonna happen with tents/camps and persistence working is going to be, people staying more in an area anyway. Except that area will be bigger than a single city or a village. And areas where other people camp and loot will overlap and we get a lot more action this way. As camps get discovered and looted, people will move to backup camps and start rebuilding. So these two things are tightly connected.

New loot will have to respawn, but they could change the condition for it. If an area is farmed for loot, it could start respawning randomly damaged or badly damaged loot, so it is less interesting to pick it up. Decayed or damaged loot could force you to check out other areas. So, instead of aiming at making all loot persistant, I'd go for making only persistent what has been picked up or dropped by players (on a timer), while everything that respawns will just respawn at random damage stages. And the stages would just be instanced, so in reality only one item spawns; all others are local instances. It might even have different damage states for different players. As long as instancing works, it will lower the computing stress significantly to not track so many individual assets. And as long as the states are fixed when an item is in a player's posession it doesn't matter, if one player sees a pristine item and another a worn, before they pick it up.

I am just theorizing, but I believe we need to think about workarounds for Dayz. Of the systems half are "on" at this time. No weather, ai or persistence. And already the game aches. The CLE is a good idea, but the sheer amount of tenthousands of items it controls is bringing it down. If it controlled only essential items and wouldn't even have to track these individually (but as an instanced group with x members), we could have a more fun game. I would root for more player created items as a means to add individual assets to the game. 

How about running something like that on the experimental branch for a while? Where we find 90% useful items, but hardly any guns, ammo, clothes, tools. Just what we find can be used to hunt, fish and get equipped. And then slowly expand on that, but only once all other systems are brought into and work in union.

A damaged AK mag wont change jack diddly s*** for me because I'll still be able to load it and kill some banditios. :D (Also just got my Survivor forum rank :D)

Edited by Darkrider400

Just downloaded exp to jump in, servers down... Go me!

Had that happen too many times :P

Just downloaded exp to jump in, servers down... Go me!

Same here. Like an idiot, I set my alarm to get up early enough before work that I could play for a couple hours. Oh well. 

• Like 1

I am just theorizing, but I believe we need to think about workarounds for Dayz. Of the systems half are "on" at this time. No weather, ai or persistence. And already the game aches. The CLE is a good idea, but the sheer amount of tenthousands of items it controls is bringing it down. If it controlled only essential items and wouldn't even have to track these individually (but as an instanced group with x members), we could have a more fun game. I would root for more player created items as a means to add individual assets to the game, if it can help lower the lag. 

The way how CLE is intended to work:

Chernarus+ has a certain amount of spawn points. With CLE they can easily configure one specific item (i.e. hammer only spawn in sheds). The CLE holds information about all loot which is not on a player or in a container (backpack, tent, etc.). Every 5 seconds the CLE runs a check if something needs to be cleaned up. If an item is looted it will respawn at a random spawn point across the map. So the coastal towns will be empty or have not much loot in them. That is because a lot of people loot there and loot spawns randomly across the map.

This means people will automatically move inland to get loot while there might be loot on the coast.

WOBO made a great video about CLE and how it works aswell as persistence. You should defenitly check it out.

• Like 2

Oh? I didn't even know they put a legit radio in, I was assuming that you were talking about a walkie-talkie. Haven't found a radio though, kinda don't want to out of the fear that it plays Russian polka or something really weird like that XD

The radio wasn't supposed to spawn yet - soon though. :)

• Like 3

So do we get to listen to Cherno-Rock then? Sergej and the Zeds? ^^ There's just gotta be some serious awesome things you can do with this. Climb the green mountain and start your own Radio Show!!

• Like 3

That's not quiet true. There is stuff spawning but since loot-mechanics are still a bit derpy, there might be places with loot-overflow and places with no loot at all.

Unfortunately the devs, unlike in every other early access game I have ever taken part in, have no concerns about playabiltiy or players frustration level. Sadly they think just because it's alpha they don't have to fix the most game-breaking bugs before they add new hats...

i have not yet found any clue of stuff spawning in 0.57.128.120, i have checked a very large amount of houses in berezino, up to NWAF following the road, north of the NWAF and NWAF itself and i found so few stuff that it may only have been leftovers

well, that was yesterday, lets take a look at 128128...

or not, next patch allready xD

damn i can't even play with the speed you guys roll out updates

Edited by Zombo

can't actually wait for this thing to sit in my base for ambient music, OR

playing something like "ride of the valkyries" while attacking an enemy base with my squad ! 

PLEASE make it so we can actually find CDs or cassettes, whatever that thing plays ! 

that would be so awesome.

• Like 1