boneboys

Exp Update: 0.57128035*

Which server are you playing on, IMT?

I went from UK 0-1 to UK 0-2 and had less crashes at UK 0-2.

The CTD crashes are what the dev team has been working on. Kind of essential for the stable realease... I have not had one yet today, but i will be avoiding thermometers.

I don't see why that is so essential when the server crashes are basically doing the same thing.

I can only speak for the north-west of the map but loot is respawning properly there on the servers I have been in.  I'm finding cans of food, bags of rice...  Drinks are actually the hardest thing for me to find right now.  Loot explosions seem to be fewer and further between.  Last night I had one CTD in 3 hours time, and it was within 15 minutes of my starting to play.

Cooking fish in a pot was a spectacular success. You can cook 4x the fish in half the time it seems.

Phase 1: Collect Fishes

Phase 2: Prepare fishes with fresh stone knife

Phase 3: add water to pot, add fish to pot, set up tripod, pot and fire.

Phase 4: Ignite fire and view contents of pot to see when cooked

Phase 5: Profit.

mK0sO6y.jpgG4Mtw0u.jpgkz4fs96.jpgVyYrabL.jpgWrM6Jdb.jpgyfnjdM5.jpg

For starters, that is the same lake I tried to fish in and didn't get the fish message to click on and I waded in too far and lost my fishing pole. Also, does the cooked fish say "Cooked fish" or does it still say raw and you pulled it out after it changed color once?

Does the cooking pot cool down?  Last time I tried, it stayed red and I had to drop it because I was overheating.

Yes but it takes a moment to cool down, best to remove it from the fire and put it in a tent or something!

Where did you find the cooking tripod?

In a bus stop by the road side!

For starters, that is the same lake I tried to fish in and didn't get the fish message to click on and I waded in too far and lost my fishing pole. Also, does the cooked fish say "Cooked fish" or does it still say raw and you pulled it out after it changed color once?

Once it changes color once it still says raw but looks and is cooked. You need to look at your fishing poll to get the "check bait" option.

Edited by FlimFlamm
  • Like 1

If you can't see the "Start fishing" option then I guess there is lag. And no, it's still always "Raw Fish Fillet".
  • Like 1

I don't see why that is so essential when the server crashes are basically doing the same thing.

The dev team have actively tried to ensure that their stable client builds are just that, stable and they typically do not suffer from crashes. This would seem to be the primary differentiation between the stable and experimental branches of the code.

If this policy were to be reversed, I should think that it would be much more difficult to attract the large numbers of players, which are necessary for volume testing ... which is the primary purpose of the stable branch.

Server stability is a separate issue, largely driven by the transition from old tech to new tech and this topic has been discussed by Eugen on a number of occasions.

• Like 5

especially you should be able to move with the bow and have better accuracy imo, it's really terrible and unusable really, also finding arrows or chickens is very hard

a chicken should also give more than 3 feathers, come on, they have hundreds of those things xD

also, it might be a good idea being able to make wooden fins for arrows, sure feathers are lighter and better for it, but if i was in a real pinch, i wouldn't really care what the fins are made out of, maybe even have a shot speed penalty for arrows without feathers used, or let them be less accurate

the downsides of a ow just don't pay out when compared to the upsides of a weapon which is way easier to use, even if it's a sporter without mag

Chickens give 20 feathers 

If anybody is looking for some good clothes you should check Prison Island, there is quite big lootplosion with all type of clothes you can find in Chernarus.

My postprocessing is always on "Very Low" because I get nauseous at anything higher. To me, anything above that setting has really exaggerated light effects that are borderline unrealistic (i.e. blinding glare from a road sign). It's unfortunate that I miss out on neat little things like what you're describing, but I cannot stand the higher levels of that setting :(

Turning down Bloom and Brightness (just not all the way) helps bring the shininess down to realistic levels. I also turn Rotation Blur down to 0 and set Head Bob to about 1/3 of default (those two are usually what makes most people nauseous). That keeps the more annoying postprocess effects at bay. All the others, I actually enjoy - such as scoped vignetting (tunnel vision), blurriness during exhaustion (sweat in the eyes?) and etc..

My only regret is that I have to keep shadows at Normal because anything over that bogs down my GPU (20-25fps instead of 39), which is really a shame - High and Very High make the world look amazing.

Played a little more exp .57 I've found a decently more amount of food glad that happened but I'm still confused why old fruits like oranges and bananas aren't spawning. Though I've been wondering, what happened to the gorka shirt pants, ttsko shirt pants, the ak 101 and mag. I've also seen that some items are in game but no ones found them like the mess tin, candle, c96 gun and but stock. I've seen some raidios now and them even if people say there not spawning.

What's the current status of the gas stove; can it be used to cook?

yep, works well, add water to the cooking pot and "turn it on" 

works with all gas stoves until they are ruined

• Like 1

What's the current status of the gas stove; can it be used to cook?

Yes. I ran into a random guy yesterday and we decided to roll out to NWAF together. While in the wilderness he said he had to stop and eat because he was orange hungry and pulled out a gas stove, a pan and started cooking. I could see the flame on the stove so I know it was working and when he was done he said he was good to go. 

• Like 1

I've been checking police cars galore for a barrel, does anyone know any locations that barrels spawn at other than police cars?

• Like 1

Do Mosins still use the 7.62x54 rounds?

Do Mosins still use the 7.62x54 rounds?

Affirmative.

• Like 1

yep, works well, add water to the cooking pot and "turn it on"

Also works without adding water. Does anyone know whether there is a difference?

As far as I know they only work with a gas stove. Placing a cooking pot or frying pan on a fireplace oven doesn't warm them up. Not sure about a normal fireplace without stone but guess it's bugged too.

Edited by IMT

Cooking fish in a pot was a spectacular success. You can cook 4x the fish in half the time it seems.

Phase 1: Collect Fishes

Phase 2: Prepare fishes with fresh stone knife

Phase 3: add water to pot, add fish to pot, set up tripod, pot and fire.

Phase 4: Ignite fire and view contents of pot to see when cooked

Phase 5: Profit.

mK0sO6y.jpgG4Mtw0u.jpgkz4fs96.jpgVyYrabL.jpgWrM6Jdb.jpgyfnjdM5.jpg

Why is it still saying you're eating raw fish? 

Why is it still saying you're eating raw fish? 

The status messages for fish are currently are broken. Whether the fish is raw, cooked, or burned, the status always indicates "Raw."

• Like 1

The status messages for fish are currently are broken. Whether the fish is raw, cooked, or burned, the status always indicates "Raw."

Good to know- thanks!

Good to know- thanks!

When you cook fish, leave your inventory window open. When the fish turn to a tan-ish color, they are ready to eat.

Edited by BleedoutBill

Same thing with apples. Tried roasting one the other day, turned to the Roasted model, but still said it was a regular apple.

So nobody knows where I can find a barrel other than a police car ?

I have no idea. Kinda wondering why a police car would have a barrel though....