boneboys

Exp Update: 0.56.127TheBeast.

Seems like the update somehow wiped my exp characters, lovely. Then after playing for about five minutes, all the exp servers just went down, again, lovely. I have no patience. I want to play me some DayZ exp!

Exp update was a full wipe, unfortunately. Not sure why, maybe they fixed some of the duping glitches..?

steam is down for me, anyone confirm ?

Edited by semrohatej

Exp update was a full wipe, unfortunately. Not sure why, maybe they fixed some of the duping glitches..?

Who will be the first to test the hotbar and see if it jacks up your inventory?

• Like 1

Did the EXP just go off line? I was playing then lost connection now no servers are shown up.

steam is down for me, anyone confirm ?

Negative, steam is still up for me.

Edited by RagedDrew

That sounds like a good life. As for cooking on the stick, just drag a steak onto the stick and then if you're looking at the fire with the ashwood stick in your hands you can get an option to pose it toward the fire, or something like that. Then just leave it there for a bit and food.

It certainly started out badly, but as the night drew on and more loot made itself availible I found it fun living off the land with minimal tools, everything from hunger, thrist, sickness to temperature combined to give me my most intensive survival experience in dayz so far

• Like 2

Did the EXP just go off line? I was playing then lost connection now no servers are shown up.

Yes, this morning they've been doing a lot of work under the hood, mysterious software tune-ups & oil changes.

• Like 1

There hasn't been an exp update in 4 days.

There hasn't been an exp update in 4 days.

That's not entirely true, some things were changed over the weekend and two of those for days are the weekend and shouldn't count.

That's not entirely true, some things were changed over the weekend and two of those for days are the weekend and shouldn't count.

Yeah, you are right.

• Like 1

It certainly started out badly, but as the night drew on and more loot made itself availible I found it fun living off the land with minimal tools, everything from hunger, thrist, sickness to temperature combined to give me my most intensive survival experience in dayz so far

I agree, I really had a struggle on my hands when I was cooking a fish on my butane stove.  I had run out of fuel so it never changed color (the fish, while cook-able on the stove, still has a description of "raw" after the color changes).  Anyway, I ate the fish to stave starvation and ended up with medium sickness.  Making it through the sickness was truly difficult, but what fun!

• Like 1

Indeed it is interesting as you can see from this screenshot I just took, I'm online on steam.

me too now  :)

• Like 1

Spinal fracture confirmed  :lol:

SNAPIPU

"Spinal fractures" are healing now: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/224838-twitter-iamtomasik-so-called-spinal-fractures-should-be-healing-now-in-056/

But that starts new questions...what about somewhat damaged limbs? Chipped bones? Can you heal those without splint / morphine, too? Or ist that healing slowly repairing "spinal damage" a way to prevent that bug? It's a good way afaik, don't get me wrong there...

I guess those are extra triggered states, so no, but ... who knows?

EDIT: WORDS BADLY CHOSEN, I mostly meant if stuff like that also heals with time...when having the healing indicator...

Edited by bautschi

Making it through the sickness was truly difficult, but what fun!

LMAO i bet you wouldn't be saying that if it was real life..... XD

In real life I would curl up and start crying until the infected came for me.

• Like 2

"Spinal fractures" are healing now: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/224838-twitter-iamtomasik-so-called-spinal-fractures-should-be-healing-now-in-056/

But that starts new questions...what about somewhat damaged limbs? Chipped bones? Can you heal those without splint / morphine, too? Or ist that healing slowly repairing "spinal damage" a way to prevent that bug? It's a good way afaik, don't get me wrong there...

I think these are very different things, the "spinal fracture" which isn't a state like having a sprained ankle or fractured leg. I look forward to seeing what the new damage system mentioned in the status report will be like.

Hell anythings more fun than the 9-5 grind lol.... So Is exp still down ? I've been Itching to get back on and see what's good with the Zeds !

• Like 1

though the build ID's have me scratching my head.

Why is that? I'm at work, so I haven't seen them myself.

sadly painkillers dont fix them because i took 2 pills and it didnt do anything.

So don't get into melee fights with infected. I contracted some kind of infection from a wound and died a very slow death. The infected seem allot more quite now so you really have to watch out. Meds seem to be rarer not sure what was needed in time to cure it.

• Like 1

Found all this in west part of Prigorodky: http://imgur.com/56HQmvt

Then I went to sumer camp and found materials for another impru backpack, lots of mecal loot, weapon cleaning kit...

Being first on server really pays off. Logged out near Mogilevka, I`ll continue when I get home and play on desktop PC.

No zombies thou...

Edited by igor-vk

So don't get into melee fights with infected. I contracted some kind of infection from a wound and died a very slow death. The infected seem allot more quite now so you really have to watch out. Meds seem to be rarer not sure what was needed in time to cure it.

This is awesome. Diseases from infected is something I've been wanting to see for a long time. Beans sir for dying in the name of science. Antibiotics seems like the natural answer...

Overall, infection should be one of the biggest killers of players in Chernarus. Getting into a fight with a single zombie shouldn't be very immediately dangerous, as in you'll likely kill him but if he makes you bleed you'll risking a nasty nasty death in the long term. Similarly I hurt myself setting up a bear trap yesterday, that's another really good potential source of infection. I feel like being healthy/energized/hydrated should be the exception in DayZ, not the norm and sickness is a really good way to make this more of a reality.

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 2