boneboys

Exp Update: 0.56.127TheBeast.

Interesting as he states it may be impossible to find mags until 0,56 hit stable. Anyone found one? I've not even seen any of the correct ammo for it!

I can't recall seeing it loose, or in a box recently, but I've found it in 5-round stripper clips on several occasions.

Just had my my 1st run on 0.56..

Is it normal to get spoiled plants when grown? 

Grew some peppers, 5 plants in a greenhouse, all fertilised with lime & watered... 2 were spoiled & 3 were good.. Is this normal? 

Cheers 

Im not really much of a farmer to be honest, I just love tactical bacon too much!! When I cant find any I kill a pig, Long pig or a dear. I did read somewhere about plant diseases though?

Just had my my 1st run on 0.56..

Is it normal to get spoiled plants when grown? 

Grew some peppers, 5 plants in a greenhouse, all fertilised with lime & watered... 2 were spoiled & 3 were good.. Is this normal? 

Cheers 

yes, happened sometimes. There will be pesticide in one of the next patches to "heal" your plants

• Like 1

Im not really much of a farmer to be honest, I just love tactical bacon too much!! When I cant find any I kill a pig, Long pig or a dear. I did read somewhere about plant diseases though?

Was my first farming and only through desperation. Almost the first things I found were a hoe, seeds & canteen.. Picking apples and walked past a greenhouse with lime.. Still took ages.. But I'm now stuffed! 

• Like 1

I can't recall seeing it loose, or in a box recently, but I've found it in 5-round stripper clips on several occasions.

I found a pile of loose ammo for the SVD.

found multiple pile of loose ammo for the SVD, in boxes too, now i just have to live with the fact that i probably won't find the magazine. pretty accurate weapon, it one shoot everything

loot seems to respawn a little bit better than earlier iterations, but it's still sloppy

Edited by Zboub le météor

Interesting as he states it may be impossible to find mags until 0,56 hit stable. Anyone found one? I've not even seen any of the correct ammo for it!

Found 2 boxes a few days ago. But concerning the time we played, I would definitely consider 7.62x54mmR a rare commodity...

There is some new activity in the Steam db for Experimental.

• Like 3

Found 2 boxes a few days ago. But concerning the time we played, I would definitely consider 7.62x54mmR a rare commodity...

indeed, 12 gauge seems to be mutch more rarer too, which is sad.

I found 40 rounds of 7.62x54mmR in Severograd... 20 loose in a wrecked UAZ and another 20 in a box in one of the green or red two story houses. Also, pumpkins are a great source of food... Friend and I planted just 9 and we are set with food for a while. Don't eat the ones with brown spots on them, though. My friend did, and he got sick. He cured it by overstuffing himself and throwing up, however.

I think the shells and shotguns themselves will normalize as the CLE is developed and refined. For example, I imagine the current MP5/RAK vomit in police stations will give way increasingly to makarovs and other sideams.

yes, i would like to see more MP-133, CR-75 and such in police stations. for the moment, the MP5 vomit in police station doesn't bother me that much since i tend to loose all my secondary weapons :D (lost a fully decked MP5, a red 9, a derringer and a 1911).

Does anyone think too much is loaded on the servers? It always seemed like the location of the throttling in "performance," and I just wonder if anyone familiar with server architecture and programming has an explanation as to why 255 square kilometer door, item and zombie populated Chernarus might or might not be doomed to at least some level of unresponsiveness, as memory blocks are locked in arrays the size of which I can't even fathom.

I wanted (as did the devs) smooth animation interactions, physics good enough for barricades, horde a.i. and dynamic weather/events, but most of these ideas would be pretty server intensive. Is CLE already too far? or is item propagation and storage getting closer to more negligible amounts of serverload?

There is some new activity in the Steam db for Experimental.

I'd love to play a freshly-wiped Experimental tonight after spending a few days completing projects on Stable. It's just the kind of leisurely activity I need :)

I found a small number of shotguns, but they haven't exactly been growing on trees. I had an incident with a double barrel shotgun in Stary Yar. Every time I tried to pick it up, it crashed my game.

I'm finding all varieties of ammo, even military chamberings, just about everywhere. But I still haven't seen the 9x39mm, or the 12ga slugs. The only rounds that are truly plentiful seems to be the .308.

all the experimental servers are gone this morning.  I wonder if .56 stable hits tomorrow...

all the experimental servers are gone this morning.  I wonder if .56 stable hits tomorrow...

Anything is possible, but they typically roll out a new stable build at the end on the month.

EDIT: It's official, they plan to update stable next week:

@_dzoanaa_ probably next week and its 0.57 since we skipped one release

Edited by BleedoutBill
  • Like 4

Has any one found small protector cases in Exp? I haven't found any in all the time I have been searching and that is every where shed included.

Has any one found small protector cases in Exp? I haven't found any in all the time I have been searching and that is every where shed included.

No but I guess I stopped caring when I found a green oil barrel. They need to make that thing take up a bit more inventory space. Currently, 4 slots turns into 49.

I've found five or six since Friday, two of which were in pristine condition.

They spawn entirely randomly now, from what I can see though. None of them were in fire stations, police stations, military areas or anything. Think one or two were in sheds and the rest were in just normal houses, ranging from crappy little ones to that big brick house.

No but I guess I stopped caring when I found a green oil barrel. They need to make that thing take up a bit more inventory space. Currently, 4 slots turns into 49.

Where the hell did you find the barrel? Been looking for one for ages. :(
Edited by Beizs
  • Like 1

Even going in tents would be silly imho.

I've found five or six since Friday, two of which were in pristine condition.

They spawn entirely randomly now, from what I can see though. None of them were in fire stations, police stations, military areas or anything. Think one or two were in sheds and the rest were in just normal houses, ranging from crappy little ones to that big brick house.

Where the hell did you find the barrel? Been looking for one for ages. :(

My buddy found a barrel next to a wrecked police car.

Edited by Scarcifer

It takes up less space than a motorcycle helmet! What's up with that?

• Like 1

My buddy found a barrel next to a wreck police car.

Ah, that sucks. I've only seen one police car since I started playing this EXP branch... It was stuck inside a house (half poking out of the back door) in Svet(?). Meant to report it, but power cut before I ended the game and I lost the screenshot & location. Was one of those like city street shop looking ones though.

I've actually only ever found one heli crash and like four or five police cars, despite having played SA since it came out and having just under 250 hours in it. :(