boneboys

Exp Update: 0.56.127TheBeast.

Zeds are back ? Awesome , I hope they nailed down the reason for the resource consumption within the zombies cuz I was getting bored with out zombies (nt really lol).

Well i just went fom gorka to krasno airfield ... Not a single Z in sight

On the way i poked a deer to death 10 times with my ash stick ... It Didnt try running away, strange !

All on us northeast 3rd pp

Finally found an IZH-18, now I just need to find some 7.62x39... I feel like that'll be nearly as difficult as finding the rifle was (more?).

• Like 1

Are all experimental servers crashing every 15 minutes or so? Or is it just the one that I am on??  Southcentral3 crashes constantly!

Btw who works at bohemia in the night from sunday to monday serirously these guys need to take a break !

Someone tell them they dont have to do this lol

• Like 2

Zeds confirmed up north, I spotted one in the industrial yard between Stary Yar and Krasnoe.

Finally found an IZH-18, now I just need to find some 7.62x39... I feel like that'll be nearly as difficult as finding the rifle was (more?).

Look at wrecked Humvees and tanks. Found lots of loose 7.62x39 rounds, and mags (akm) there.

Good luck!!

I'm still looking for a hunting scope on both my characters. Blaze for one, repeater for the other, and found all the other scopes at the deer stands, but have yet to come across a hunting scope...

• Like 1

Did anyone try to atach pistol scope on Magnum revolver?

this should be meant:

this is exactly what i dealt with inside kamy cop shop.

try running down the stairs with that chasing u... i managed to get thru... then the streets looked like that!

again worth the wait!!! will make pvp crazy i cant wait!!! 

• Like 1

Zeds confirmed up north, I spotted one in the industrial yard between Stary Yar and Krasnoe.

Were you playing on US Northeast 1pp/3pp? I found a smoldering fire in that industrial yard not long ago.

Look at wrecked Humvees and tanks. Found lots of loose 7.62x39 rounds, and mags (akm) there.

Good luck!!

I'm still looking for a hunting scope on both my characters. Blaze for one, repeater for the other, and found all the other scopes at the deer stands, but have yet to come across a hunting scope...

Thanks, yeah, that's where I've been looking but mostly find ak parts, berets, that sort of thing but no ammo. I'm sure I'll get lucky eventually.

• Like 1

Were you playing on US Northeast 1pp/3pp? I found a smoldering fire in that industrial yard not long ago.

Yes I've been playing that server but it wasn't my fire.  I did see another guy up there checking the deer stands probably for that elusive scope, but I left him to his business.

• Like 1

Just had my first proper run at this build, I.E I survived more than 30 minutes before starving. I got to dubrovka hamlet without finding any canned food whatsoever and very little loot at that, started getting tools together, sustaining myself on apples and berries. Eventually I killed a cow with ym hatchet a few Km away from dubrovka and had to limp my way, starving, trying to sustain myself on berries back to dubrovka to find an oak tree to start a fire with. I eventually got a fire going, and realised I had no idea how to cook with the ashwood stick so, starving to death I ate one steak raw. After my raw steak I figured it out and ate the rest cooked then ran into dubrovka proper, where I went unconcious, presumably from the sickness [health was low from starvation]. Overall getting pretty sick of exp builds having sparse loot and no ready to go food anywhere [a little would be nice every so often] but this life was really fun, and made me feel that value to every small bit of gear I had that makes me love DayZ, RIP duct tape, shovel, metal wire, M65 jacket, damaged knife and hatchet of sustainment.

• Like 1

Just had my first proper run at this build, I.E I survived more than 30 minutes before starving. I got to dubrovka hamlet without finding any canned food whatsoever and very little loot at that, started getting tools together, sustaining myself on apples and berries. Eventually I killed a cow with ym hatchet a few Km away from dubrovka and had to limp my way, starving, trying to sustain myself on berries back to dubrovka to find an oak tree to start a fire with. I eventually got a fire going, and realised I had no idea how to cook with the ashwood stick so, starving to death I ate one steak raw. After my raw steak I figured it out and ate the rest cooked then ran into dubrovka proper, where I went unconcious, presumably from the sickness [health was low from starvation]. Overall getting pretty sick of exp builds having sparse loot and no ready to go food anywhere [a little would be nice every so often] but this life was really fun, and made me feel that value to every small bit of gear I had that makes me love DayZ, RIP duct tape, shovel, metal wire, M65 jacket, damaged knife and hatchet of sustainment.

That sounds like a good life. As for cooking on the stick, just drag a steak onto the stick and then if you're looking at the fire with the ashwood stick in your hands you can get an option to pose it toward the fire, or something like that. Then just leave it there for a bit and food.

• Like 1

I thought they removed animals and zombies? Or did they only remove the zombies? Haven't seen an animal yet. But then again, I wasn't looking for one.

Wild life is still in and if you have been to NWAF lately there are still plenty zeds up there.  Even crawling zeds are out and about up that way.  Caught me completely by surprise, I saw them first but agrroed a hella bunch around the fire house though and me with no melee weapon.   Had to shoot my way out with my FNX.  Shoots, that was close. 

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

Wild life is still in and if you have been to NWAF lately there are still plenty zeds up there.  Even crawling zeds are out and about up that way.

Do the crawling zeds still manage 30kph on all fours?

• Like 1

Do the crawling zeds still manage 30kph on all fours?

TBH no idea, I shot him and three others in the head through a window (thank you RDS sight for FNX) but his legs were dragging behind him and seemed to be of no use at all before that..  He was just using his hands to walk with.  I bailed and ran from the one that was left, I managed to outrun him and he was on his feet still.

Edited by Barnabus

TBH no idea, I shot him and three others in the head through a window (thank you RDS sight for FNX) but his legs were dragging behind him and seemed to be of no use at all before that..  He was just using his hands to walk with.  I bailed and ran from the one that was left, I managed to outrun him and he was on his feet still.

Well done, thanks!

Zombies appear to be back.

Well... They were on the server I was on earlier this morning when I played, so I'll go ahead and say they're back. Four or five in the Myshinko tents area alone. Looking good. Didn't have my frame rate counter up, so can't say whether they still impact performance much, but it didn't seem any worse than before... Though there was only like two others on the server.

Edited by Beizs

Been taking 4-5 hits to take down a zed with a hoe.  Thank the gods they are back, just wish that would have been accompanied by a wipe.  But, I am guessing we'll get something big tomorrow. 

Devs, excellent job this weekend, thank you very much!

• Like 1

Been taking 4-5 hits to take down a zed with a hoe.  Thank the gods they are back, just wish that would have been accompanied by a wipe.  But, I am guessing we'll get something big tomorrow. 

Devs, excellent job this weekend, thank you very much!

How many zeds are there? More or less than on monday? Who the hell works on sunday evening (it was 11PM in Prague when zeds returned) ??? How about desync, inventory response, desapairing of items?

I tried playing without zeds, but I just couldnt. 

So far I haven't found any military clothes. No armored cases or First aid kits. About the only good thing I have is a Winchester and damaged hunting scope and 120 rounds. FNX and 2 mags. Four bottles of water and some food. I'm still wearing starter pants and a wool coat. No zed's and no animals so far today. I've walked past 8 pristine acog scopes, 6 pristine fnx pistols and of course a pile of sub machine guns and magazines. Lets not forget the 2000 hats. If I had my way I would call this Hatland or Hatville. Anyone try cooking and eating hats? I recall a story about hobo's boiling their boots to put some flavor in the soup. So I have a gun and I haven't fired it yet, nothing to shoot at. I want to put some hats on a fence and get out to 400 yards and see what the Winchester can do. So damaged hunting scope, do I need to aim high right or what :-O

So far I haven't found any military clothes. No armored cases or First aid kits. About the only good thing I have is a Winchester and damaged hunting scope and 120 rounds. FNX and 2 mags. Four bottles of water and some food. I'm still wearing starter pants and a wool coat. No zed's and no animals so far today. I've walked past 8 pristine acog scopes, 6 pristine fnx pistols and of course a pile of sub machine guns and magazines. Lets not forget the 2000 hats. If I had my way I would call this Hatland or Hatville. Anyone try cooking and eating hats? I recall a story about hobo's boiling their boots to put some flavor in the soup. So I have a gun and I haven't fired it yet, nothing to shoot at. I want to put some hats on a fence and get out to 400 yards and see what the Winchester can do. So damaged hunting scope, do I need to aim high right or what :-O

Just one note, as this bugged me a lot too. Finding trousers/pants. I had jeans for about eight hours of play time, with just about everything else sorted. Go to one of the large garages (like the bus depot). I've found a tonne of cargo pants in every single one I've been to so far. Was so nice having those extra slots.

Oh, has anybody else had serious issues with overheating this patch? Or just being hot. In the past, I rarely got the 'hot' status. Last night, I spent ages completely naked because I was overheating. Not sure what it is - the only new piece of clothing I'm wearing is the hunting jacket, but I've been consistently 'hot' for a long time.

The only thing I have ever been hot in is when I made a full ghillie suit. I was giggling and aiming my long range scope into a big city from a bush covered hill. Before anyone came along, I was overheating. Before long I was at a high level of overheating. Instead of being a sneaky bush that fired a high power rifle, I was a naked guy swimming in a pond. I'm lucky no one came along and shot me while I cooled off in the pond. I decided the full ghillie suit was not for me at that time. Maybe the hunting jacket is doing the same thing. I have seen lots of thermometers around, maybe you have a fever?

The only thing I have ever been hot in is when I made a full ghillie suit. I was giggling and aiming my long range scope into a big city from a bush covered hill. Before anyone came along, I was overheating. Before long I was at a high level of overheating. Instead of being a sneaky bush that fired a high power rifle, I was a naked guy swimming in a pond. I'm lucky no one came along and shot me while I cooled off in the pond. I decided the full ghillie suit was not for me at that time. Maybe the hunting jacket is doing the same thing. I have seen lots of thermometers around, maybe you have a fever?

Switched to the M65 jacket.

Full outfit is as follows:

Tanker Helmet

Aviators

Gas Mask

M65 Jacket

UK Assault Vest

Cargo Pants

Military Boots

Green Drybag

Still hot. Not overheating any more, but yeah.

I've not seen any other symptoms though, so unless they added just a fever in this update, I don't think it could be that. Will check when I find a thermometer though. Haven't eaten or drunk anything dodgy, so not sure what I could have gotten ill from.