boneboys

Exp Update: 0.56.127TheBeast.

In one particular experimental build I was KoS'd 3 times in a row.

I don't believe these people avoid experimental at all.

PvP is a valid and intense part of DayZ game but is merely a fraction of time spent in the game where (especially in the future) you will need to invest A LOT of time into just keeping your character healthy.

The KoS/PvP only crowd has always been the population of DayZ that has the most turn over.

Most of the people I used to debate with against KoS 3 years ago are no longer on this forum and I would say most that left the forum, probably left the game too.

Soon they are followed by the next wave of people that saw a youtube video of some intense PvP and 60FPS made by a guy who has played for 1,000 hours and has a 4k$ computer.

One really obvious omission from the last streamer panel Hicks did at a game conference was any recognition that the way those streamers play, the videos that made them popular, may not be possible in future builds.

Lately, since the addition of the updated infected really, I have had only 1 really shitty KoS experience where I was gunned down by 2 players with SMG's when I was solo and every other experience (probably 10 or so encounters) were either neutral or "friendly".

I think you interpret too much into your numbers. I played SA since january last year, 1y+ in groups. In that time I played with maybe 30 different ppl over time. Ppl come and go, from our group there are exactly 4 who are still playing SA. And these 4 are in the group for 1y+ now. And out of those 4 not one can stomach the current stable. And that has nothing to do with sicknesses starvation or zombies, more with technical aspects and balancing. And of those 3 others ONE still sometimes reads something on this forum. And definitely all three of them think I'm an absolute idiot for wasting energy writing in this forum. And while we are all interested in what the devs will give us concerning survival, bases, ... I would not consider us uninterested in PvP, quite the opposite.

Concerning KoS, I do not remember the last time in exp or stable, when someone got the drop on me and did not shoot on site UNLESS he did not have anything to begin with. All friendly encounters I can remember in recent history were with me deciding to engage in a friendly manner. I don't see a change there, really.

With the game as it currently going for pvp is also not that great of an idea. Ppl run, stop and while the are actually standing, they slide back, because the servers pulls them back, or at least that's what I think the reason is. Read Eugen's twitter from yesterday and you will find a lot of stuff concerning sway, holding breath including bugs that are in there currently. Then the Mosin with lrs is bugged in stable, you shoot and the gun points straight into the sky. Oh, almost forgot, when you shoot, you aim further up, but your aim does not come down again. Actually is that still a thing? And the all time favourite, no sound for shots. There you are, getting shot, and you have no idea where from, because you just don't hear shots. That one in particular has driven away lots of PvP guys for months. Oh, forgot to name desync, nothing to explain there. That does not mean, those ppl won't come back though, when things get ironed out. Unless that stuff is not ironed out in the end, but that's a different thing. PvP in total is currently just not much fun.

Edited by bautschi

Well, here it comes at last, servers are down. 

I can't wait to see what the new update brings! It sucks though I had found a mp5-k and didn't get to enjoy it for very long.

Edited by LordBlackwolf

EDIT: LordBlackwolf beat me to it.

Hope there's lots of new stuff to check out! :)

Like maybe this?

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 8

Eugen tweeted that we're getting another full wipe (chars & persistence) too...ugh -

I made it with a single character since the last EXP wipe and was fully enjoying 'Zurviving' my lonely existence with all my new skillZ...

Looking fwd to the new additions. Did anyone after yesterday's loot reset find themselves holding onto the canned food for a 'rainy day' ? I did, although I did treat my character to a tasty can of beans and a can of peachez for dessert before resuming my subsistence farming ways...

Aw dang it, just went I had barely enough gear to go surviving a little. Oh well, starting over is a given in exp anyway so yes, I too am excited :)

yes, but it was canceled in the last minutes :-( next update :)

That's a pity, can't wait 'til it is implemented. As much as I'd love the new weight/stamina system to end the great sprint debate I'm equally looking forward to a better camera ending the enduring 1pp vs 3pp argue-fest.

• Like 2

-snip-

TBH the ONLY people I have had friendly encounters with are people from here in the forums.  And that only when it's prearranged.  I make it a point to avoid all contact in game when ever possible.  If I see you first, you will go on your way and hopefully never even know I saw you.  If I bounce into you coming around a corner in a village then I will tell you the village is yours and I will move on to the next town, I might even leave you a can of food if it looks like you have nothing.  If you follow me or keep begging me for stuff then I will, most likely turn on, shoot you without warning and maybe even cut you up and make steaks of you.

• Like 1

Late last night I was on the way to the promised land as prophesied by Ebriham.

I found a military tent on my way, which was perfect because in order to survive the vicious Cananites I had to drive The V3S of the covenant.

At long last I arrived. The fishing spot was beautiful, but the view from my mountain was truly breathtaking. There were birch trees as far as the eye could see. Oak and Ash trees were close by, and there were some apple and berry bushes within a stones throw along with a very closeby fountain.

My tent fit perfectly inside a small barn that I'm sure nobody would ever check, as if the barn was made for me.

I set up an oven, unloaded all my pots, pans, lard, and food. I did some night fishing, sang songs by the fire and cooked my meat over an open flame. I began several pumpkin farms and picked some berries, and after I was satiated I gathered my hunting gear and bedded down ready for a day of hunting in the morning. I dreamt wonderful dreams of finally having ensured my long term survival...

And then I woke up. Reality washed over me like a cold wave. I got a message from the Dev Gods that it was all a test, and my real trials had yet to begin :(

Edited by FlimFlamm
  • Like 3

I can't wait to see what the new update brings! It sucks though I had found a mp5-k and didn't get to enjoy it for very long.

Dude, those things have been easier to find than a double barreled shotgun ATM.  Don't worry, you'll get another.

I wonder if they put Zombies back in yet and if the silent Zs have been fixed - the suckers jumpscared me out of my seat several times and I was not a happy bunny.

It's kinda strange but I also found a press vest in one of the little one room wood houses (yellow and blue) and other stuff that normally would be totally unexpected to spawn there. Let's see what this update brings. Hunker down everyone, soon it's go time again. Yay :)

EDIT: LordBlackwolf beat me to it.

Hope there's lots of new stuff to check out! :)

Like maybe this?

At least, unlike the military tent, you can hand carry this one.

Like maybe this?

ohh looks amazing! Can I see a little spoiler in this tweet? Rain is back? Would be awesome! :wub:

• Like 3

OMG that is amazing, but it's gonna be so hard to hide LOL

If they put rain back in I think I might have to relocate to someplace safe, but I'll have to go exploring for a while first. Somehow trying to stay dry under trees has never really worked for me and I hope they have overworked that as well or will do so in the near future. So excited :)

I just love how there's freaking ships floating around! :lol: :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

And wait a second - he said CAR?????

Edited by Demonica
  • Like 1

At least, unlike the military tent, you can hand carry this one.

I'm wondering if we won't also be able to carry the military one in the near future. My guess is that we were waiting for that "carrying large objects" animation that came along with the barrels. I can't see any reason why you would be able the car tent but not the military tent, you know?

ohh looks amazing! Can I see a little spoiler in this tweet? Rain is back? Would be awesome! :wub:

I would love to hang around with some buddies under the tent and light up some gas stoves & lamps on a cold, dark, rainy night! I've already got a picture in my head.

And wait a second - he said CAR?????

Yes, he did ;) Not a V3S, but a "smaller" vehicle.

• Like 2

My tent fit perfectly inside a small barn that I'm sure nobody would ever check, as if the barn was made for me.

Hate to break it to you but i check out barns all the time. Not everyone is a full blown retard lol.

• Like 1

We will be able to carry it in hands? Can we carry military tent in hands?

Hate to break it to you but i check out barns all the time. Not everyone is a full blown retard lol.

I too check all barns.

• Like 2

EDIT: Take notice, 0.57! :)

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 4

673mb INCOMING!!

Edit: Ninja'd :ph34r:

Edited by BioHaze

Here's my thing, if I find a nice hide site, I am NOT gonna blab about it all over the forums, especially and even if I know there is going to be a wipe.  I have several areas I like but I am keeping those all strictly to my little, lonesome, black hearted self.  Are they close to water?  Noneya.  Are they close to bushes or hunting?  Again, noneya.  Noneya, noneya, NoneYaFingBeez.  They may NOT even be on the same server I like to play on.  That's just an additional measure of security I like to take.

EDIT: Take notice, 0.57! :)

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bones, We gonna get a new thread?

Edited by Barnabus