boneboys

Exp Update: 0.56.127TheBeast.

I'm guessing the players moving inland are pushing the loot spawns inward. Hopefully the can adjust the CLE to compensate for this soon.

Things still spawn on the coast, but there is such a high density of players there, that it's just nowhere near enough. This is precisely why a more granular control over loot spawns is necessary and why regional control will be added.

I got a blaze with the hunting scope and a Winchester with a hunting scope there all so accurate I wish I can saw of the blaze. I also saw candles are in game and that radios are to anyone find any yet. The loots been well lately nothing exciting though. The north has all the good stuff I'm in the pavlovo mil base area I'm not in just around there and there's a great stuff spawning.

Edited by DaNic2553

I got a blaze with the hunting scope and a Winchester with a hunting scope there all so accurate I wish I can saw of the blaze. I also saw candles are in game and that radios are to anyone find any yet.

Candles?

Can you light them?

Candles?

Can you light them?

idk maybe they just turn on. some guy found them at a police car but I found a lot of stuff there like barrels and guns. Gonna go car hunting then lol. Hope the southwest 1rst person servers have them. Edited by DaNic2553

Looted and bagged and stashed all guns, ammo, mags in Svetlo as I spawned there 5 mp5 mags, 3 pm73 mags and lots of 5.45mm nothing compatible. Made a 10 km lap >neaf>Kranostav>Devils Castle>Novo and back. Found rice and a water bottle before I left Svetlo, ended with am mp5 and 15 full mags, an sks with 120rds in an ammo tin, full smersh vest/backpack, 2 ak74 mags, and nothing to shoot at.

Is it just me or are there no sewing kits and has blood regen been slowed again?

Took forever to get to healthy even though I was energized and hydrated in the first 30-45 minutes.

All on the AUS 0-2 1pp server with 10-15 other players. 

I got Healing status from one bag of rice and maybe 2 apples. Was thirsty at same time.

I popped into Experimental after work for a fast run before the shutdown. Coast, stone knife, run north, almost dead and found a hat. Alright!! Ooh a can of peaches...saved! More food, an 8 socket jacket on the top floor of a run down house. Pitchfork, seeds, omg a truck!!! Mostly lost so I head north and lol is that the NW airfield?? Yup it sure is, spin around and hit the barracks at the south end. WATER PUMP BABY!! Hmm I realize that I have not seen a zombie since I logged in. I've been sneaking, I've been careful, I've been paranoid and worried, but no slobbery pounding from a zombie? I spin around the whole base and next to the tents and nothing. More driving, more towns and south to the crash site, drove through the small base and it's stripped except for a flare and some .380 rounds. Crash site is barren of gear, still no zombies. Game goes down cause it's 10:50 PM Pacific. I survived !

i think the SVD can be found in ohter places than crashes. it's still very usable without a magazine as the weapon can be chambered and ammo are plenty.

but since there is no video/picture of people using an UMP45 or a VSS, i guess that helicopter respawn work like in 0.55. (but who need a UMP and SVD when you can have a winchester and a MP5 easily :D )

I found an SVD beside a wrecked BMP at NEAF.  That was early in the build though.

Earlier today I did actually see a fuel can in the trunk of one of the wrecked greenish colored cars, so they are spawning.

Found my MP5 and 3x 30 round mags for it at a BMP wreck in Zelengorsk.  Seems a bit excessive.

Killed a chicken, have not tried to cook it yet, looking for a hatchet to chop some fire wood since I am not sure if sticks will hack it..  I know I can add sticks but I am lazy and want to save wear and tear on my knives.  The breasts are in a pot on a tripod along with some red berries.  Should be yummy if cooking is working.

Found a holster for the plate carrier up at the Jail on Green Mountain.

Farmed some pumpkins to stay alive.  Ruined my hoe in the process..

Mines and bear traps are working again, set a few surprise around on Singapore 1, so watch your step!!!  It may look like a harmless loot pile of military gear on the steps of a guard shack, but, is it?  And remember, it isn't an obstacle unless it is covered by observation and fire.

Have not seen: batteries, first aid kits, six slot pants of any kind whatsoever and no fruits or veggies at all either(unless I grow them). 

I don't think that police cars or heli-crashes are exactly fixed or even slightly improved upon all that much yet.  Heli-crashes and police cars are pretty much static but once a helicopter has been looted that is all she wrote until the next wipe. 

Some police cars either have a whole bunch of good stuff or a whole bunch of useless crap, no in between on that one.  Same for the medium sized green non-enterable guard shacks scattered around the map, either feast or famine.  Unlike the heli-crash, the police cars do seem to be spawning loot.  The loot stays wherever the car spawned originally but the car itself will move around the location close to the original spawn.  Oddly, if you run a truck into the loot area but the car is 30 meters away up the street the truck will still act like it has crashed into the police car.  So save your boots and don't run up on stuff in the middle of the street.

For the most part that's about it, even finding the RDS for the FNX laying around.

One last thing, where the F*&K is zed all of a sudden?  WTF.  I see an update to experimental coming.

Edited by Barnabus

I found an SVD at a wrecked BMP at NEAF.

Looks like experimental servers are down..

Stable is down for routine maintenance. I didn't see any info about why Exp was coming down. Perhaps they have a new build for us to look at? 

• Like 1

Something greatly anticipated by me...survivors in the woods living of the land get friends, too:

But not yet in though, I guess, or we would see the whole thing :(

There was video with animations in Arma 3 engine few months ago. It didnt look bad at all compared with current goat animations.

Edit: (I hope I dont get banned for this) here, found it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cisPXBi_4g0.

Edited by igor-vk

Stable is down for routine maintenance. I didn't see any info about why Exp was coming down. Perhaps they have a new build for us to look at? 

They were up for a wee bit after I posted but are down again.  Could be me though, I am 5000 miles from the nearest continental landmass, the only people who may have a shittier connection than me are in the South Pacific.

Sucks too, I am not in a great place to be when the "server is going down, you will be kicked" message lights up the night sky.  Usually by the time I get that message I was already kicked 30 seconds ago.

Edited by Barnabus

They were up for a wee bit after I posted but are down again.  Could be me though, I am 5000 miles from the nearest continental landmass, the only people who may have a shittier connection than me are in the South Pacific.

Sucks too, I am not in a great place to be when the "server is going down, you will be kicked" message lights up the night sky.  Usually by the time I get that message I was already kicked 30 seconds ago.

I expect that your latency must be an absolute hell! 

Last night I didn't see any server crashes. I was getting messages at both fifteen minutes before and five minutes before a restart. When I see the fifteen minute warning I make a plan. When I see the five minute message, I get the hell off, as soon as possible.

To which servers do you generally get the best connection?

0.56 to stable today or next week?????

Weekly maintenance has already been completed, so not today.

The devs just pushed a new build to exp last night. I would be doubtful that they'd push the next stable patch also.

not today

EDIT: ninjad, sorry

Ps: there are no experimental servers online in my list, only D01 which is password protected.

Anyone else with this Problem? 

Edited by wasnu
  • Like 2

confirmed, zombies are missing from the game in experimental. Saw not one in two hours.

What's the scenario friend ? Why you screaming rawr rawr like a dungeon dragon ?

Good ol times!

• Like 2

I was hoping to get on DayZ exp for a bit but the servers are still down. I really do want to get my hands on a VSS though.

Edit: Also, after watching septicfalcon's new video on the radio I am beginning to wonder if the entire world is infected or is it just eastern Europe.

Edited by gsfilmer
  • Like 1

I was hoping to get on DayZ exp for a bit but the servers are still down. I really do want to get my hands on a VSS though.

Edit: Also, after watching septicfalcon's new video on the radio I am beginning to wonder if the entire world is infected or is it just eastern Europe.

Maybe its a 'ghost' station coming out of green mountain, recorded before the apocalypse and now repeated on a loop............ 

• Like 1

Maybe its a 'ghost' station coming out of green mountain, recorded before the apocalypse and now repeated on a loop............ 

Keep the populace calm and in the dark, because there is no way that they can evacuate in time?