boneboys

Exp Update: 0.56.127TheBeast.

Any see this b_fagussylvatica_1f.p3d file error?

2015-05-11_00001_zpsdk4ux4bi.jpg

Yes, already a screenshot of that in this thread ... many ppl had that.

EDIT: Damn, too slow :D

Edited by bautschi

Yes, already a screenshot of that in this thread ... many ppl had that.

EDIT: Damn, too slow :D

Sorry tried searching for what I thought ppl would have labeled it but no luck so figured I'd post. 

Edit: I hate the search functionality on this forum I always have trouble finding anything relevant to my search criteria.

Edited by trujuice

The V3S glitch where you cant get in it is a combination of server lag, desync, and the wrong detection box. The detection box on the V3S is back on the back end of the cab where the spare tire holders are, this was on my cargo V3S. Not sure if its the same for the skeleton one or not.

exp update 79,6 mb incoming

Edited by SpawnZ
  • Like 1

So while the servers are down, my thoughts on 0.56 exp so far:

Central Economy: I love where this is going and this iteration is vastly superior to the 0.55 version we saw as there is both some random element and also areas that make sense to look for things. Tool sheds for duct tape or rope for example. Most food difficulties I faced were related to the fact that to enhance my own challenge I only eat what I forage/grow/catch which until I got a fishing rod was tricky with frequently resetting servers or action delays due to high pop. I really look forward to further refinements, special location spawning, etc. Also of course, it'll be nice when loot-splosions are no longer a thing.

Zeds: Apparently zed hording in response to gunshots is a thing but I haven't come across it yet as I've basically not been firing guns. As for melee, zeds are basically a joke right now as far as a single zed being a threat but also pretty fun to fight. I've managed to take them down with a hatchet using the stagger mechanics to get away without a scratch and without silly gamey circling that was part of melee combat before. All in all, this is a more fun solution and I approve.

Other things!

- Cooking on a stick over a fire is amazing. It's seriously rewarding as a lone survivor chilling out at night cooking a fish fillet over a fire and under the moon.

- Please, please, please if it's possible implement the plant material as fertilizer as 0.56 goes to stable. Every patch I keep hoping this will work, try it and then cry a little inside.

- New weapons, can't really comment as I've only found the new winchester and didn't use it. Really looking forward to seeing the IZH18 though.

- Looking forward to seeing how the hand-drill is implemented that is mentioned in one of those error windows we're getting. :D

- Sardines can't be cooked right now and this is terribly sad as even eating them raw gives very little nutrition for the amount of work put into getting them.

- Similarly, any plans to make earthworms cookable or at least increase the energy value gained from eating them? One data set I saw said earthworms give 80 energy but this seems untrue as I ate 10 of them to very little effect.

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 1

exp update 79,6 mb incoming

client looks like it'll be 0.56.127675.   Just waiting for servers to appear

• Like 1

- Please, please, please if it's possible implement the plant material as fertilizer as 0.56 goes to stable. Every patch I keep hoping this will work, try it and then cry a little inside.

I saw this in a shed on a stable sever last week!!!!

Saw something I didnt recognize on the floor.. hit tab... and there it was.

Also been finding invisible fresh fruit about in stable as well.....

Looks like it will make it to stable on wednesday (fingers crossed)

I saw this in a shed on a stable sever last week!!!!

Saw something I didnt recognize on the floor.. hit tab... and there it was.

Also been finding invisible fresh fruit about in stable as well.....

As far as I know the only way to get plant material is by growing crops so you probably just found the leftovers of somebody's garden. :)  One day soon hopefully us gardeners will be able to clean up after ourselves by using the material as fertilizer as the description suggests.

As far as I know the only way to get plant material is by growing crops so you probably just found the leftovers of somebody's garden. :)  One day soon hopefully us gardeners will be able to clean up after ourselves by using the material as fertilizer as the description suggests.

Ahh yeah probably..

The fresh fruit was all found in stores and supermarkets.. like was spawning but just invisible? I have pics

Ahh yeah probably..

The fresh fruit was all found in stores and supermarkets.. like was spawning but just invisible? I have pics

Yup invisible fruit + veg was a 0.55 thing.

us gardeners...

Speaking of us gardeners have you checked to see if you can once again cut seeds out? Have been pulling my hair out since they bugged this in stable.

Speaking of us gardeners have you checked to see if you can once again cut seeds out? Have been pulling my hair out since they bugged this in stable.

It worked with green peppers in this most recent exp. :) I haven't tried with others but I'd assume it works with all of them now.

Edited by Ebrim

client looks like it'll be 0.56.127675.   Just waiting for servers to appear

0.56.127.676 looks like now

• Like 1

so atm i see only 1 working server with 15/15 players XD hope its not a feature 

I found a quick reload magazine with AK rounds. 5 total like what the Mosin quick reload one looks like. Anyone know which rifle it goes to? Cant be the SKS its a 10 round quick reload.

Post a pic! When you say AK rounds, do you mean 5.45?

It's seriously rewarding as a lone survivor chilling out at night cooking a fish fillet over a fire and chilling under the moon.

Yessssss.

Actually, from what I understand you can now combine plant material and guts in a barrel and it creates fertilizer. Haven't seen hard proof of this yet myself, and I haven't found any barrels personally.

Actually, from what I understand you can now combine plant material and guts in a barrel and it creates fertilizer. Haven't seen hard proof of this yet myself, and I haven't found any barrels personally.

Oh my, that's too exciting. I haven't found any barrels yet either. This of course means from now on I'll be carrying around mounds of stinking guts and rotten vegetation in the hope I find a barrel.

Edited by Ebrim

It worked with green peppers in this most recent exp. :) I haven't tried with others but I'd assume it works with all of them now.

It works again. A knife is necessary to cut them from fresh fruit/vegetables, but if you dry the fruit/vegetable over a fire you're able to gather seeds from it without a knife (but fewer of them). Pumpkins are also now able to be sliced into smaller pieces!

• Like 1

if you dry the fruit/vegetable over a fire you're able to gather seeds from it without a knife (but fewer of them).

Never dried them before is this used for dye pigments?

Never dried them before is this used for dye pigments?

Hmm... it might be. I haven't heard, and I haven't tried. As I understand it, dying is in fact possible in 0.56 using a barrel. I'm not sure what combinations of items work though, but I know only cloth and leather items can be dyed.

Drying fruit/vegetables is new. You put them on the end of an ashwood stick and cook them over the fire, just like you would with meat (also new in 0.56). Instead of "cooking" them though, it just dries them. This will be important in the future for preservative purposes and as I mentioned, makes it possible to remove seeds without a knife. Presumably you'd already have at least a stone knife if you've managed to make a fire though :p

I got an error when I encountered a barrel in Stary Yar a few days ago, similar to the "cant open object b_fagussylvatica error, click [continue]", except it was "yellowbarrel_something_something".  I couldn't see any barrel nearby but I suppose the server did try to spawn one.

edit:  Happened again, this time by the northern convoy, grid ref: 066/000

Cannot load material file

"dz\gear\containers\barrel_yellow".rvmat.

Edited by GaryWalnuts

That is actually a beautiful story..

I havent tried the exp of 56 so could you please give me a rough guesstimate of how many infected attended your party biohaze ?

We killed at least 50 zeds, probably many more. We aggroed a large group of them several times after this whole thing went down too and were forced to haul ass. This was one of the most badass zombie encounters I've ever had in a video game (minus the clipping through walls crap). At one point while we were reloading and had the doors closed, ALL of the zombies outside the house began growling and shrieking. It was terrifyingly loud. The next time we do this, I'm going to Shadowplay the whole thing.

• Like 2

Hmm... it might be. I haven't heard, and I haven't tried. As I understand it, dying is in fact possible in 0.56 using a barrel. I'm not sure what combinations of items work though, but I know only cloth and leather items can be dyed.

Drying fruit/vegetables is new. You put them on the end of an ashwood stick and cook them over the fire, just like you would with meat (also new in 0.56). Instead of "cooking" them though, it just dries them. This will be important in the future for preservative purposes and as I mentioned, makes it possible to remove seeds without a knife. Presumably you'd already have at least a stone knife if you've managed to make a fire though :P

If cutting seeds causes knife wear though, I can see this becoming a valuable method to get seeds if you're going to be drying the fruit/veg anyway. Stone knives still seem to be magic for now though.

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 1

I got an error when I encountered a barrel in Stary Yar a few days ago, similar to the "cant open object b_fagussylvatica error, click [continue]", except it was "yellowbarrel_something_something".  I couldn't see any barrel nearby but I suppose the server did try to spawn one.

Hmm, I wonder. It seems there are supposed to be four colors of barrel (blue, green, red, yellow) but I'm pretty sure only blue and green have been spotted in the wild so far. I wonder if the other two are having issues loading, like what you encountered.