boneboys

Exp Update: 0.56.127TheBeast.

Everyone has been waiting for this, but now that it is out, there is almost nothing interesting to read about it here? Another disappointing update with no real improvements then, I assume?

People still need to play, you know? It's not like Dayz is a game that gives you a full experience after 10 minutes. You'll probably see a lot more feedback this weekend and then again when the stable version is released. It seems like plenty of good news and big changes.

This might be stupid question, but is there a list of experimental servers?

I keep seeing onyl 2-3 EU ones, but there's gotta be more right?

was here too, name PAK PAK ^^

Let's make this server the forums celebrity server ... Maybe well see the rest of you there ? Ig name : strawberry cough

• Like 3

Let's make this server the forums celebrity server ... Maybe well see the rest of you there ? Ig name : strawberry cough

LOL. I would hardly call my 3 months in, barely not a hilariously awful noob anymore self a forum celebrity. Funny though.  :D

So I accidentally duped and had both guns after relogging then later when I dropped the duped gun (to try recreate the bug for the tracker) it completely disappeared. Also when I had one weapon the animation had me appearing to be double carrying but tabbing just had it on my back.

Also it was an sks that I found at the north entrance to pavlovo mil base and the first 4 times I tried to pick it I crashed to desktop. The 5th time I said I'll vid this and I was able to pick it up. Bizarre.

Everyone has been waiting for this, but now that it is out, there is almost nothing interesting to read about it here? Another disappointing update with no real improvements then, I assume?

What a bizarre interpretation. People have been sharing about new weapons they are finding, new map locations, economy changes and your take away is nothing interesting?

• Like 4

are the tents at stary spawning loot yet or was I just unlucky, I just looked round the full place and did not find any loot! :p I'm not complaining here btw the devs work hard, I just want to know so I don't waste my time looking there till they are sorted :P PS anyone with an SVD that wants to help me make a youtube video please message me on here and I will love you long time  B)

Saw Ebrim on a server I was on with ColdAtrophy last night.

Was really happy that the one guy I ran into was friendly.

Sorry I was so surprised I forgot I had a canteen when you said you were dying of thirst.

The CLE seems to be working pretty well but servers are doing the all too common experimental rapid degradation under load.

Lots of desynch and server lag in most activities when servers went up around 10 players or more.

Infected attacks are significantly nerfed and melee is super effective again.

Infected steps sound just like player steps and they were easily avoided and didn't aggro nearly as easily.

So many bugs!  SO many BUGS!!

I've seen worse experimental builds but wow this one has more kinks than a 20$ perm.

• Like 3

I have learned that it is possible to interact with trucks. you just have to look at the back of the cabin on the drivers side. From there you can open all the doors and hood.

Thanks for this!

Are you kidding me? It's been out less than half a day (when the majority of the playerbase was sleeping) and it's not even a weekend, cut us some slack for not having found every little change already to satisfy your entitlement. You haven't even played it yet and you're whining... what a joke  :rolleyes:

Is this new?

The Bolt Quiver is a really old item as a matter of fact, it's just been gone for a reeeaallly long time.

• Like 8

Pot Farm anybody? :D

• Like 2

Getting KOS'ed on patch day sucks. I mean, it always sucks but there is no food anywhere near the coast. Not like last night where there was food everywhere. The vultures have stripped the land bare.

I had a very enjoyable first run last night.

I spawned near Elektro and in my travelling inland north found an SVD, 2 M65 jackets, an Autumn Hunting Jacket, some can openers and a bootknife.  Not much food though. I almost starved to death by the time I got to Gorka.  I knew starvation and my end was near when I saw a cow in the distance.  A very delicious looking cow.  

Not having any ammo for the SVD, I had to chase him around with an axe for a while but I managed to take him down.  Before I knew it I had eaten one whole raw cow for lunch.  

I then had that "funny taste in my mouth" and hoped a charcoal tab would do the trick - and thank you DayZ gods - I was full and good as new!  

A few minutes later at the Gorka police station I found loot galore.  Several MP5s and various attachments, I assembled a pristine one, grabbed as many mags as I could hold and pitched a tent deep in the woods full of some extras.  

And that was my night, when I returned in the morning the tent was gone.  I think the server ate it because I had some low-value junk like fuel canisters in there too that was nowhere to be found.  No matter, I'm *finally* at full health and off to visit that rumored new town south of Stary Yar.  

Keeping the food and natural resources scarce makes you take some necessary risks, like eating raw meat.. or drinking from a pond, I think this is as the game should be.  A very fun first play-through for me.  Being on the brink of death with little hope,  then a moment later having a great stroke of luck is what will keep me coming back to this game.  

• Like 1

Three words : Skalisty Island Spawn

Last time I was there, there were no apple trees or non-poisonous berries on Skalisty. Not to mention animals... I'd likely starve if I got that spawn. Sounds fun. :D

• Like 1

This update is only for US people ? Why there isn't even a single european experimental server to play on ?

I think there's something wrong with the server browser. I can't see any exp servers most of the time. It's only because I added one to my favourites previously that I'm able to play. It shows in my favourites but not in the main list.

Hey fellow survivors,

.56 is live on exp servers and I'd like to hear what you guys think so far? I found a new jacket (two variants) called the M36, a post WWII field jacket that comes in a Kaki version and has eight spaces for loot. The infected seem to be slightly less aggressive and somewhat easier to kill, but not by much. Press vests and stab vests seem to be easier to find and I've been seeing a lot of motorcycle helmets lying around. The inventory system seems to be really buggy, probably due to desync problems. I found a tent right off the bat and was surprised to find out I could fit it into my backpack (black dry bag). I don't have a lot of experience with tents so maybe you could always put the blue and gray tent into a backpack?

Haven't found any barrels or new scopes yet and I haven't managed to break the legs of the infected so far. Food is scarce but not like the original iteration of .55. I even found a loot-splosion of food (if you consider four or five cans a big score). The sound glitches seem to be off the hook, worse then usual.

The main problem resides with the lag/desync issues. If they fix the desync issue it would make .56 much easier to test.

Edited by Schweinsteiger

Hey fellow survivors,

.56 is live on exp servers and I'd like to hear what you guys think so far? I found a new jacket (two variants) called the M36, a post WWII field jacket that comes in a Kaki version and has eight spaces for loot. The infected seem to be slightly less aggressive and somewhat easier to kill, but not by much. Press vests and stab vests seem to be easier to find and I've been seeing a lot of motorcycle helmets lying around. The inventory system seems to be really buggy, probably due to desync problems. I found a tent right off the bat and was surprised to find out I could fit it into my backpack (black dry bag). I don't have a lot of experience with tents so maybe you could always put the blue and gray tent into a backpack?

Haven't found any barrels or new scopes yet and I haven't managed to break the legs of the infected so far. Food is scarce but not like the original iteration of .55. I even found a loot-splosion of food (if you consider four or five cans a big score). The sound glitches seem to be off the hook, worse then usual.

The main problem resides with the lag/desync issues. If they fix the desync issue it would make .56 much easier to test.

Merged to exp discussion.

• Like 1

saw your IG name while i was playing too. you sir like strains that taste like fruits :P (well, strawberry cought was a little deceptive taste-wise, the swiss "fraise" clone was way better).

found a winchester 70 but no ammo for it, then lost it due to the "duplication" bug affecting my MP5K :(

Edited by Zboub le météor

I think there's something wrong with the server browser. I can't see any exp servers most of the time. It's only because I added one to my favourites previously that I'm able to play. It shows in my favourites but not in the main list.

THIS! Please fix this or post at least some IPs for European experimental servers otherwise it makes no sense to play experimental. 

EU Exp server IPs have 109.169.60.*:2602 range.

I have these 1PP servers in my favorites:

109.169.60.28:2602

109.169.60.25:2602

109.169.60.29:2602

109.169.60.24:2602

109.169.60.18:2602

Edit: The Internet tab in browser has started displaying some EU servers.

Edited by Powerhouse
  • Like 4

EU Exp server IPs have 109.169.60.*:2602 range.

I have these 1PP servers in my favorites:

109.169.60.28:2602

109.169.60.25:2602

109.169.60.29:2602

109.169.60.24:2602

109.169.60.18:2602

Hero!