boneboys

Exp Update: 0.56.127TheBeast.

.56EXP.  No loot.  Food is non-existent.  Dying in 30 min even after eating 5 apples and 3 red berries.  Central loot is broke as it was last patch.  You should not starve to death after 30 minutes in any circumstance...

Starving Simulator is active!  

Please don't exaggerate, it doesn't help anybody. There's no way you starved to death in 30 minutes unless you spawned freezing. Just the berries and apples you say you ate would keep you alive for 30 minutes (more actually). The only other possible factor is if you are sprinting everywhere but I don't think it's confirmed that sprinting actually causes you to lose energy faster. I've had the same character alive, maybe 1 or 1.5 hours total playtime with considerable travel at a jog who has only eaten berries and apples and never been above "hungry" or below "very hungry".

Due to bugginess, I lost the water bottle I was going to turn into a fish trap, I lost my green pepper garden to a server reset and the weird hands/inventory thing cost me a rabbit snare. It's been rough so far. :D

• Like 6

I noticed that Bear Traps are persistent now.  I saw one that someone had set up (I didn't step into it) the server reset and I went back, it was still there and ready to break some legs.

• Like 1

"Player limbs can now be "chipped" and "" before becoming fractured or broken"

Are the empty quotes in the sentence above intentional?

Someone wrote somewhere that his leg(s) got "banged" ... probably the missing word.

Oops. I knew there was another word, and got distracted in the process of looking it up and apparently just saved it that way. My bad. I'll get the correct word and add it.

Noooooooooo Dolinas summer camp is gone!! :'(

Wait, really? I'll have to go check that out.

They say there was some changes to the NWAF, but when I went there this morning, I didn't see anything different at all. Anyone else can confirm this?

The prison building closest to the middle of the runway is now just rubble. The one closer to the tents is still in tact.

• Like 3

Please don't exaggerate, it doesn't help anybody. There's no way you starved to death in 30 minutes unless you spawned freezing. Just the berries and apples you say you ate would keep you alive for 30 minutes (more actually). The only other possible factor is if you are sprinting everywhere but I don't think it's confirmed that sprinting actually causes you to lose energy faster. I've had the same character alive, maybe 1 or 1.5 hours total playtime with considerable travel at a jog who has only eaten berries and apples and never been above "hungry" or below "very hungry".

Due to bugginess, I lost the water bottle I was going to turn into a fish trap, I lost my green pepper garden to a server reset and the weird hands/inventory thing cost me a rabbit snare. It's been rough so far. :D

Well, I'm so glad you were in my game.  How about you keep your opinions to yourself since you obviously already know everything about what I went through.

To whom this matters: I spawned in Elecktro and died in Novy Sobor, via Mogilevka.  I searched everything after I left Elecktro.  34.8 minutes later I went unconscious due to starvation.  I did sprint everywhere, because who the heck walks everywhere in this game?

To whom this matters: I spawned in Elecktro and died in Novy Sobor, via Mogilevka. I searched everything after I left Elecktro. 34.8 minutes later I went unconscious due to starvation. I did sprint everywhere, because who the heck walks everywhere in this game?

People who survive . And it is proven that you waste energy faster when sprinting as opposed to jogging or walking , so it really is better to combine lots of walking with a little bit of sprinting here and there .

• Like 6

So what servers are working? Seems the ones I'm joining are lagging really bad, that bad that when ever I click an item in my inventory it's stuck on "receiving"

I can't interact with anything within the game world, I'm not able to pick things up, can't open or close doors, can't equip anything.

Also when backing out of a server and getting back to the launch page I get this memory error.

DayZ_crash_exp_56_zpskh5uu3xp.png

I nearly starved in my second life today. First life was earlier about 7am gmt and food was plentiful. Second was around 11 and it was a lot different. I got the starving status and it was touch and go but I'm still alive and not having issues.

We have this every release. People play from early in the release have a different experience to those who start later because the loot respawning isn't perfect. If I died and had to start again say on monday I bet it would be even harder.

btw I saw no fruit or veg spawning.

The thing is the whole concept of the central loot economy is hugely complicated to even think about let alone get working perfectly. There's no point in slamming people when they say they starved to death because you haven't experienced the same scenarios as them. Yeah maybe they are playing wrong but I'm a pretty experienced player and it was touch and go for me.

Have to say, I loved it. The game almost works as a single player game now. PVE. I saw plenty of players and I usually play with friends but there's a a part of when the cle goes a bit wrong that is thrilling when playing alone. I've said similar with various iterations of the cle and even in exp releases when loot was completely broken.

tbh now I'm geared I'm kind of not that interested in playing. I had a similar thing in the long dark where once the struggle to survive is gone it's not as interesting. I'll probably go to some military location and get shot so I can try survive again.

• Like 3

Haven't managed to starve to death but I did pass out from dehydration in Downtown Chernogorsk...   I was so close to a well.

My respawn is sick and a pristine charcoal tab did NOTHING to help.  Had to be from the pond water I drank since this guy has yet to run into a zed.  Pond water can be bad for you, steams seem to be ok though, haven't gotten sick drinking from a stream yet..

Forgot to mention that I killed a battery with a cattleprod but didn't do shit to the first zed I attacked with it.  It was a Pristine Cattleprod and the unused battery I spawned in with. 

Edited by Barnabus

Just tried mounting the PU scope on Izh18 and Trumpet... no luck :(

I had read this about the improvised bow : http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/224085-twitter-eugen-bow-fix-will-be-in-056/

Can confirm it's not yet fixed, as when I crafted the bow, it disappeared... Just like the improvised backpack.

But, the improvised fishing rod was crafted properly.  Only thing left to do is catch a fish, and try to prep it/cook it to see if this is fixed.

• Like 2

where did you find the pu?

PU scope is only for the SKS and the Mosin, you need the "hunting scope" (new) for the rifles whp can have it mounted. I doubt the trumpet will have a scope, the hunting scope can be mounted on the Sporter, Blaze 95, Repeater and CR527.

• Like 2

PU scope is only for the SKS and the Mosin, you need the "hunting scope" (new) for the rifles whp can have it mounted. I doubt the trumpet will have a scope, the hunting scope can be mounted on the Sporter, Blaze 95, Repeater and CR527.

so is the old lrs gone completely now?

ah, ok, I misunderstood it then, but how anout the Izh8 (which by the way is a beast :))? description says it has a 11m rail

Why there are no EU servers ? only 1 server 1pp always with connection failed ?

so is the old lrs gone completely now?

I think so, yes.

• Like 1

ah, ok, I misunderstood it then, but how anout the Izh8 (which by the way is a beast :))? description says it has a 11m rail

Even with the description, I doubt we could mount a scope on it, although I can be wrong. It's just a guess. 

I found 1 server in "history" tab , the FPS is so low.

EDIT: server performance is bad and I thought this patch was about new tech .

EDIT2: server update ticket rate every 15 sec .

Edited by Raptor_i81

I found 1 server in "history" tab , the FPS is so low.

EDIT: server performance is bad and I thought this patch was about new tech .

Here's some:

109.169.60.25:2502

109.169.60.29:2502

109.169.60.24:2502

109.169.60.28:2502

there's more listed earlier in the thread

basically 109.169.60.x:2502

where x is from 19 to 30 are probably uk/eu servers.

I'm not 100% in this info btw. Just trying to help.

Edited by freethink

People who survive . And it is proven that you waste energy faster when sprinting as opposed to jogging or walking , so it really is better to combine lots of walking with a little bit of sprinting here and there .

Sprinting might still be the better alternative, if you spend the saved time in picking apples. It's purely dependant on how long the average apple picking takes. Don't have the answer, but I sprint :D. So maybe people who survive sprint. Either way for those who know where apple trees are starvation is mostly a conscious descision.

Edited by bautschi

Falling off of a roof doesn't always kill you. Also, landing on a fence seems to break your fall and cause no damage (this was also in 0.55).

Nothing new.  This has been in the game for a very, very long time, especially the landing on a fence part.

Actually, from what I am seeing, the "duping" that is occuring isn't actually a true duplicate. For example, when I put away my SKS it left a copy on the ground. I asked my buddy to walk over to me ands tell me if he saw an SKS on the ground. He said no, but that instead he was getting the "Take" on screen prompt when looking at my feet. Then he picked it up and started to walk away, joking "thanks for the SKS". The SKS was still on my back and showed up in my inventory though so I put it back in my hands and the item disappeared from his inventory. Things are making shadow copies of themselves but none of it seems to stick.

This actually started quite a few versions ago.  It has been fixed since then, but appears that bug is now back again.

• Like 1

Can confirm that you can easily dupe items using hotbar and this will probably effect the loot economy. read a report about the using tents to dupe but a tent is not necessary.

Edit. report was made.

Edited by GoTDTruth

Here's some:

109.169.60.25:2502

109.169.60.29:2502

109.169.60.24:2502

109.169.60.28:2502

there's more listed earlier in the thread

basically 109.169.60.x:2502

where x is from 19 to 30 are probably uk/eu servers.

I'm not 100% in this info btw. Just trying to help.

Thanks man.

Yes sprinting goes through energized/hydrated faster, save the turbo button for bleeding off zombie stamina.

• Like 1