Hill568

Resenting DayZ

i know what he meant i was just saying.for people out theer that dont know what the blaze takes.

....sure thing

I vote that the DayZ community stops replying to these threads. They're pointless.

On top of that, if the OP used the search function, he'd find multiple solutions to his "problem" within minutes.

Thoughts?

• Like 2

I'd like to express great amusement in how I said I'd get called out for wanting some QOL improvements in a game(shocking I know) and quite literally the next post was Caboose being the classy gentleman he is and calling me out for wanting QOL in a game.

Caboose is an all-round classy gentleman. Oh yes.

Excellent posts Bororm - completely agree with you about the levels of presumption and prejudice from some posters.

• Like 1

Caboose is an all-round classy gentleman. Oh yes.

Excellent posts Bororm - completely agree with you about the levels of presumption and prejudice from some posters.

I'm totally classy to grown men who throw temper tantrums like little kids on a forum.  

I resent my mother at times for babying me as her first born, DayZ is frustrating at times.

I don't think resent means what you think it means.

the game is pretty broken atm. Between some servers empty, and others spawning infinite loot, server hoppers, performance issues, melee bugs,  and the thing that gets me the most is PUBLIC servers kicking people, which shouldn't even be enabled. If a server is on public hive, then hosts Should Not be able to kick anyone.

If it is private hive then yeah,. but people kicking from public is gamebreaking, cheating, and carries on to be allowed all the time

Every single day you can go on the server list and half the public ones are full of farmers who kick.

1. I don't think it's "classy" to call people idiots or whiners on a public forum. Forums provided by game devs will always have people complaining about the game. It comes with the territory.

2. People complain mostly because they're frustrated or impatient. Sometimes their complaints are valid. Sometimes their complaints are borne of laziness.

As someone famous once (kind of) said, "Let he who has never complained, cast the first stone."

This is a public forum designed by the devs to help the devs with their games' development. If you don't like or agree with what's being said here, tough. Get used to it. It's s part of life,

One day, you'll have a complaint that you consider legitimate. Would you like to be attacked for it? Of course not. So don't attack others regardless of what you think about their views.

• Like 1

1. I don't think it's "classy" to call people idiots or whiners on a public forum. Forums provided by game devs will always have people complaining about the game. It comes with the territory.

2. People complain mostly because they're frustrated or impatient. Sometimes their complaints are valid. Sometimes their complaints are borne of laziness.

As someone famous once (kind of) said, "Let he who has never complained, cast the first stone."

This is a public forum designed by the devs to help the devs with their games' development. If you don't like or agree with what's being said here, tough. Get used to it. It's s part of life,

One day, you'll have a complaint that you consider legitimate. Would you like to be attacked for it? Of course not. So don't attack others regardless of what you think about their views.

1.  I don't think it's classy for grown adults to have temper tantrums over a game in development.  Especially when all the warnings were placed right in front of them and even telling them not to buy it.

2.  People complain because they have zero clue on how game development works or feel they are entitled because they put down a little money.  Learn to use the bug tracker, that's what it's for.  Ranting and raving doesn't accomplish anything.

Edited by Caboose187

1. It's not for you to judge, Caboose. Who elected you as the moral overlord of the forum? This is a public forum. Not Caboose's personal man-cave to flex your ego and shoot lighting bolts down from the sky at unsuspecting people.

2. People complain because they have zero clue about game development? You have no "clue" about what anyone is thinking. You don't like what someone else's opinions are? Grow up. Stop pretending you're in charge.

How often do you talk to other people besides yourself? You seem to have no understanding of human nature at all. Unless you can offer a useful suggestion or view that doesn't involve attacking someone else, keep your thoughts to yourself.

This forum is for everyone. It's not Caboose's private Idaho. Show some respect.

• Like 1

1. It's not for you to judge, Caboose. Who elected you as the moral overlord of the forum? This is a public forum. Not Caboose's personal man-cave to flex your ego and shoot lighting bolts down from the sky at unsuspecting people.

2. People complain because they have zero clue about game development? You have no "clue" about what anyone is thinking. You don't like what someone else's opinions are? Grow up. Stop pretending you're in charge.

How often do you talk to other people besides yourself? You seem to have no understanding of human nature at all. Unless you can offer a useful suggestion or view that doesn't involve attacking someone else, keep your thoughts to yourself.

This forum is for everyone. It's not Caboose's private Idaho. Show some respect.

Then show respect for the developers.  This is not "your" personal tantrum room.

Edited by Caboose187

I've been playing DayZ for 2 days now, only have 12 hours logged and I have found it pretty hard bordering on impossible to not starve to death on many of the servers I have been on. I don't have a problem with not finding canned food all over the place, but in some areas there just doesn't appear to be anything. This is on servers with 1-2 other players. I have tried searching apple trees, never once found a single apple. I can live with that. I found a fishing hook once, not sure what else the game requires to make a fishing pole (probably rope and a stick or pole?). 

Nothing really seems to matter because I start off hungry in the middle of bum fuck coastal nowhere and if I don't luck out and find food I quickly progress to starving to death, sometimes in as little as 30 minutes. Now, the lack of food issue as I said I can deal with. I don't mind having to search my ass off, or even hunt or farm. The issue is starving to death in 30 minutes. What in the world is that all about? Have the developers never heard of the rule of 3? It's a guideline obviously but it goes like this: you can survive for 3 minutes without air, 3 days without water, and 3 weeks without food. The starving mechanism of the screen desaturating and things getting fuzzy is not a bad idea... if you haven't had any water or other fluids in a couple of days, or if you haven't eaten anything in a week or two. But 30 minutes? Come on now that's about as unrealistic as it can get. 

I kept hearing to move inland away from the coast, and to go north, so I tried that and by the time I got to some cabins, or a town I was already starving. Tried running south to see if I could find anything down there and by the time I got to any civilization same thing, starving to death. Also, can't farm when you starve before you can find everything you need. Has anyone here actually grown things in a garden? It takes a long time! If you plant something today you sure as heck won't be able to harvest it within 30 minutes, or even 30 days. I did find at different times a hoe, pumpkin seeds, some other seeds I don't remember what they were and never were any of them close enough to each other to actually be useful before I starved to death.

I have gotten a little better at surviving since my first couple of lives. I finally said fuck it and hopped on a server with 49 players and that was the one server where I actually got geared, except for a firearm. Actually found enough food, a canteen and water bottle, sodas, a nice backpack, some decent clothes, a splitting axe, a crossbow, hunting knife, a compass and a bunch of other stuff. Couldn't freaking believe it. Then I started hearing gunshots close by so I figured I better skedaddle. Got out of town without being shot, and then promptly started starving again, until starving to death. FML.

If they would adjust the starvation parameters to a realistic amount of time that would make a huge difference. I mean even a newborn baby won't starve to death in 30 minutes. Probably not even a day or two. Yet an adult in this game will. What in the world is that all about? 

Caboose's personal mancave made me lol... Still chuckling...

On a more serious note, persistent private servers are so borked, you run into loot bombs in almost every town.

Interested to see what it's actually gonna be like come. 56

Caboose's personal mancave made me lol... Still chuckling...

On a more serious note, persistent private servers are so borked, you run into loot bombs in almost every town.

Interested to see what it's actually gonna be like come. 56

They're just jealous

It's most likely server related. Some servers behave different by some reason and i've seen it. Like when i complained about the no loot in the last implementation where 50/50 private server was later confirmed broken. I see the same in some now with crazy lootbombs in some sheds on public. Those servers are laggier and contains very very little useful.

Maybe one could try to pinpoint the servers so people can check?

Edited by aasand

These days, I find many people are too used to putting in that next cd, cartridge (old school Atari) and hit play. :)

Ask yourselves did the Devs do some of this on purpose to get you off the coast, and move more inland to explore the whole map?

- To actually not sit on the coast and explore the same old traveled death route!

I knew it the first day I played, I felt nobody needed to explore inland to the other mapped locations. All you had to do was gear up locally and kill someone on the highway to electro or cherno.

So maybe it is broken and maybe its something you might have to expect down the road. Maybe it wont be so harsh, as some seem handicapped by experimenting with different ideas in these forums. You get used to one method and stay on the same path, mentality!

Try thinking of really, how would I do this in real life.

Apple trees, grab a handful, run inland if none on the coast, fill up on more apples, and water move further inland.. Volla gear up.

The map is 20000? or is that different for Dayz? -Mods? cherno in arma smaller then dayz?

anyways point being, try something different if you wish to survive this update. The next update will most likely be different. I think the progress is there, just there is some serious hurdles going on with the newer engine. Wait, it will come in time.

After bug testing for over 900 in game hours, you really get an understanding of how things change in dayz. We are not told things, and we are not expected to hear back on our bugs but they do from time to time. Not all get fixed as the main game engine is being adjusted. Some will never understand what its like to make those changes. Everything changes for the dev's.

just saying!!!

Ok. What I did was got a good spwan inland and found a bunch of loot. Guns, yes gunS. Ammo, drink and food. Killed a few people and got killed. All within an hour and it was awesome!

I'm not hard to please and if that happened everytime, baring me getting killed. It would/will be an awesome game.

Edited by Hill568

It's most likely server related. Some servers behave different by some reason and i've seen it. Like when i complained about the no loot in the last implementation where 50/50 private server was later confirmed broken. I see the same in some now with crazy lootbombs in some sheds on public. Those servers are laggier and contains very very little useful.

Maybe one could try to pinpoint the servers so people can check?

When .55 first came out they were asking the broken ones to be reported in the bug tracker so they could be checked. I'd assume they're still interested to help figure out why it's happening.

I play on an ancient desktop and my CPU will start to bog anywhere near a lootbomb, the newer laptop junior plays on isn't as sensitive until he gets closer. 

I play on an ancient desktop and my CPU will start to bog anywhere near a lootbomb, the newer laptop junior plays on isn't as sensitive until he gets closer. 

Last time I found Vybor lootbombed, it crashed my computer when I got within 20 feet of the jail building.

As fun as it is filling two dozen backpacks with clothing to find a few mags or PSO scopes, I'd really prefer to see it fixed, and so would my CPU.

Last time I found Vybor lootbombed, it crashed my computer when I got within 20 feet of the jail building.

As fun as it is filling two dozen backpacks with clothing to find a few mags or PSO scopes, I'd really prefer to see it fixed, and so would my CPU.

This happened to me y-day. Three times in a row. I can't even get my character out of there without it crashing. Guess I need to find a looted server to do so.

When .55 first came out they were asking the broken ones to be reported in the bug tracker so they could be checked. I'd assume they're still interested to help figure out why it's happening.

I notice too.. I can "feel" lootbombs and direction proximity. Those little sheds now i know before i see them wich one has lootbombs.

And some servers have really low fps. The same servers have bones and fireplaces all over. Others not.. Notive maybe 25% difference in fps. And i don't really get that logic.

Edited by aasand

Why do people say things like this.  Why does it have to be extreme ends of the spectrum?

How do you know how his play sessions even went?  Just because your experience was/has been one way, doesn't automatically make him a liar because his is another.

It's the same kinda shit that went on when the new loot system was implemented.  Some people complained there was no loot, a bunch of people said similar shit about "no it's just an actual survival game now, you're doing it wrong" then a week later Hicks came out and said the system is broken, especially on private hives (which a lot of the complaints stemmed from) and the system was revoked to be fixed.

This bias of playstyle and preference just leads to slowing development of the game, when people raise legitimate points but are shot down by people making assumptions to their playstyles.  Not everyone is "doing it wrong."

Fantastically said, exactly how I feel.

• Like 1

you boys want the hunger games. get on exp on a low pop server. you'll pick apples till your eyes bleed.