Hill568

Resenting DayZ

Its VERY frustrating walking around trying EVER server available to find NOTHING. Can't find a truck, gun, I can find small amounts of food, drink and ammo but thats about it!!

Every server has been picked dry. Every door on EVERY building has been opened. I have literally died for starvation and dehydration in the last two days. Iv tried servers with 0 people on them, servers that are full and servers with only a few people in them. ALL PICKED DRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not enjoing this game at all.  Out of ideas.

• Like 3

If you are not enjoying it, have a break don't burn yourself out in the Alpha.

• Like 3

Its VERY frustrating walking around trying EVER server available to find NOTHING. Can't find a truck, gun, I can find small amounts of food, drink and ammo but thats about it!!

Every server has been picked dry. Every door on EVERY building has been opened. I have literally died for starvation and dehydration in the last two days. Iv tried servers with 0 people on them, servers that are full and servers with only a few people in them. ALL PICKED DRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not enjoing this game at all. Out of ideas.

Lies, lies, lies.

What you mean to say is that you can't get geared in 10 mins by server hopping the Kamy police station anymore.

• Like 11

You have to know which buildings to search. But you're also not going to find loot in every single building.

There's a reason it's called an 'apocalypse.'

• Like 4

There's a reason it's called an 'apocalypse.'

In an actual zombie apocalypse, there would be loot in every single building. 

• Like 5

Lies, lies, lies.

What you mean to say is that you can't get geared in 10 mins by server hopping the Kamy police station anymore.

Not true. I would more then happily run around a restarted server and play it for hours. Full or not.

Lies, lies, lies.

Why do people say things like this.  Why does it have to be extreme ends of the spectrum?

How do you know how his play sessions even went?  Just because your experience was/has been one way, doesn't automatically make him a liar because his is another.

It's the same kinda shit that went on when the new loot system was implemented.  Some people complained there was no loot, a bunch of people said similar shit about "no it's just an actual survival game now, you're doing it wrong" then a week later Hicks came out and said the system is broken, especially on private hives (which a lot of the complaints stemmed from) and the system was revoked to be fixed.

This bias of playstyle and preference just leads to slowing development of the game, when people raise legitimate points but are shot down by people making assumptions to their playstyles.  Not everyone is "doing it wrong."

Edited by Bororm
  • Like 17

Not everyone is "doing it wrong."

Actually, a lot are doing it wrong, by not using the bug tracker and constantly making shit posts about a game that is in development expecting it to play like a full released game.

• Like 1

Actually, a lot are doing it wrong, by not using the bug tracker and constantly making shit posts about a game that is in development expecting it to play like a full released game.

So should the forums shut down?  Because what else are we supposed to talk about?  How perfect everything is in alpha?  I see this sentiment a lot too, that people shouldn't make any negative criticism on this forum.  In fact, I ate a temporary suspension for having a very minor (and pretty much 100% factual as all I was doing was quoting devs) negative opinion on the direction of the game.

There's a difference between whining with no cause, and whining because something is legitimately wrong.  It's even more valuable as testers for us to understand what the state of the game is through each other, than what the devs tell us.  Because the devs aren't spending a cumulative million+ hours on the game like we all are.

The OP of this thread, while making ample use of exclamation points, isn't saying anything outright ridiculous.  He's frustrated at the state of the game, expressing what his scenario has been (which lines up with a lot of people's) and presumably looking for some sort of help.  I don't see him any where saying he expects it to play like a complete release game.

If you or others don't care to indulge in an actual response then just skip the thread?  What's the point of excessive censorship.  How bout people all take responsibility and don't indulge it if you feel it's not worthwhile.

Edited by Bororm
  • Like 11

So should the forums shut down?  Because what else are we supposed to talk about?  How perfect everything is in alpha?  I see this sentiment a lot too, that people shouldn't make any negative criticism on this forum.  In fact, I ate a temporary suspension for having a very minor (and pretty much 100% factual as all I was doing was quoting devs) negative opinion on the direction of the game.

There's a difference between whining with no cause, and whining because something is legitimately wrong.  It's even more valuable as testers for us to understand what the state of the game is through each other, than what the devs tell us.  Because the devs aren't spending a cumulative million+ hours on the game like we all are.

The OP of this thread, while making ample use of exclamation points, isn't saying anything outright ridiculous.  He's frustrated at the state of the game, expressing what his scenario has been (which lines up with a lot of people's) and presumably looking for some sort of help.  I don't see him any where saying he expects it to play like a complete release game.

If you or others don't care to indulge in an actual response then just skip the thread?  What's the point of excessive censorship.  How bout people all take responsibility and don't indulge it if you feel it's not worthwhile.

First off, the OP is complaining about the state of the game in the manner it's suppose to be, brutal and unforgiving.

Second, instead of whining like a little bitch, the OP can use the bug tracker to report his findings, or lack there of.

So whenever confronted with a post like this, there are a few things to consider:

1) People are capable of playing and still find things, so that very fact undermines the the position that "there is nothing", obviously there is - so what then?

2) Perhaps the person is "doing it wrong", maybe they are just inexperienced, don't know the map very well or are just hanging out on the coast or not adapting their play to meet the current conditions.

3) Perhaps they have expectations that are beyond what is offered by the current situation. I imagine the ultimate vision of the game is not that everyone becomes self-sufficient within even an hour or two of spawning - much less fully kitted with military gear. However it seems that a lot of people seem to expect exactly that. Not accomplishing it, they feel disappointed.

4) Poor priorities - people sprint around trying to meet up with their friends or to get to the nearest mil gear loot spot without satisfying more core needs (energy, hydration, proper attire) or immediately seek to fight other players. While perfectly valid as a playstyle, you're essentially gambling and this is a very high-risk, high-reward style to play, more often than not this should lead to either starvation or killed in the first hour.

----

So, if one is frustrated in an environment where other people are "succeeding" one should either: adapt their priorities, adapt their expectations, or simply try to take it a bit slower and gain more experience with the game. Embrace the challenge as something you're not really going to get in other games. Until you've found yourself popping charcoal tabs like candy so you can eat spoiled crops, guts and earthworms, you're really not trying hard enough.

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 5

I am not enjoing this game at all.  Out of ideas.

10 mins afer spwan

17599523325_5da20c6d5e_z_d.jpg

15mins after spawn

17413180169_e7e8ebdb4b_z_d.jpg

1hour after spawn

17411680638_ccc5b4b718_z_d.jpg

Just after I took this I found a blaze for my 50 .380 rounds :)

The sever was full 40/40 as it had been all day. OP LOOK HARDER

And as you can see from the 1st 2 pics I didnt even get off the coast.............

Edited by HarryPotter
  • Like 1

Second, instead of whining like a little bitch,

Hello there

Dont insult other members. You *know* this.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 6

Get off the coast. When I spawn I've taken to ignoring whatever town I am near and going straight inland. It doesn't take long before you get to completely unlooted areas, even on full servers.

• Like 3

Yes, going inland is your best bet. Here are some things that helped me.

1. Go to Recruitment forum, and ask if anyone would join you in the game. Playing with others goes a long way to surviving in DayZ.

2. Every time you find food...eat it. You might get stuffed. But, eventually you'll get energized, which is what you want.

3. When you're "energized" and "hydrated" you can last a long time before worrying about food. Be sure, though that both "energized" and "hydrated" are bright green in color.

4. Don't attack people in forums. They're human just like you. If you don't like what they're saying, move along. Or calmly suggest a solution to their problems no matter how small you think they are.

5. Go inland when you spawn. Unless you want to lay down on the shore to get a tan. Going inland is your best bet.

Thanks. Please feel free to offer the OP more suggestions.

Wow. A thread I've never seen before. Just go inland and use Apple trees to sustain your journey.

Just go inland and use Apple trees to sustain your journey.

This. Loot is spawning but in a very unbalanced way. Sooner or later you will stumble across one of those "lootsplosions". Once I made it from Elekro all the way to Vybor before I found enough food. And no, you do not need to grind-gather your way to full energy and water - fighting off hunger is enough if you avoid getting hit a lot. Edited by Evil Minion

They'll get loot right eventually. Just play other games and monitor reddit/forums in the mean time.

Also, since the other thread got locked. I'd like to express great amusement in how I said I'd get called out for wanting some QOL improvements in a game(shocking I know) and quite literally the next post was Caboose being the classy gentleman he is and calling me out for wanting QOL in a game.

• Like 1

They'll get loot right eventually. Just play other games and monitor reddit/forums in the mean time.

Also, since the other thread got locked. I'd like to express great amusement in how I said I'd get called out for wanting some QOL improvements in a game(shocking I know) and quite literally the next post was Caboose being the classy gentleman he is and calling me out for wanting QOL in a game.

First off I didn't even quote you.

Second it was a sarcastic comment that mentioned nothing about it being a bad idea.  How did I put it?  Oh, "there is no quality of life in an apocalypse"

In an actual zombie apocalypse, there would be loot in every single building. 

My mistake.

But essentials like food, medical supplies, firearms and ammunition would most likely be long gone. At least in populated areas like Elektro and Chernogorsk. The more you'd move in-land. The more goodies you'd find.

10 mins afer spwan

17599523325_5da20c6d5e_z_d.jpg

15mins after spawn

17413180169_e7e8ebdb4b_z_d.jpg

1hour after spawn

17411680638_ccc5b4b718_z_d.jpg

Just after I took this I found a blaze for my 50 .380 rounds :)

The sever was full 40/40 as it had been all day. OP LOOK HARDER

And as you can see from the 1st 2 pics I didnt even get off the coast.............

the blaze doesnt use .380 rounds though...

the blaze doesnt use .380 rounds though...

He probably means .308 winchester, which the Blaze uses

Considering how he has two stacks of .308 in his inventory, he almost certainly meant .308

i know what he meant i was just saying.for people out theer that dont know what the blaze takes.