darlonian

What is the final goal of this game?

i dont mean to "piss off" any hardcore fans here, but i started this game and was amazed by the reality of it. i died and thought, wow, its really difficult here and there is so much to do and to see and i liked it a lot. then i got together with friends that played for a long time and they brought me to the airfield... okay, i got guns, ammo, food. what now? where is the sense in playing anymore if you are well-geared?

in another topic someone wrote, he kills himself when he is top-geared, since he is noone who kills others.

there is just two things to do now, either kill other players (unfortunately this game is not created for that, the engine is not for pvp or ego-shooter) and killing zombies? thats like running through a zoo with an ak47 killing zebras. wow!!! what a fun. antibiotics? what for, zombies dont have a chance at all. vitamins, blood transfusions, really nice all those things, but once geared, you can only die by getting killed by another player and then you dont need any medics.

the game is supposed to be a survival-simulator in a zombie-world. but actually its just a pvp ego-shooter (and as ego-shooter its really bad) in a endtime world, which does not really bother the player.

okay, start flaming me now or tell me what part of the game i am missing plz.

open for any suggestions, since to me its no fun to play hours and hours to find a rifle thats a bit better than mine or similar equipment upgrades...

• Like 1

Come back in six months ... If you read the development timeline lots of exciting stuff is planned for the near future .

See, you're just looking at this the wrong way, try thinking out of the box.

Some ideas to keep you going other than murdering others or zombies include:

-Sight seeing (Go out and explore, take screenshots and make a "scrapbook". It's one of my favorite things to do)

-"Lock down" a town/city (I say do this with friends, as it's hard to lock down a town alone. Go with this where you please)

-Just go be a hero and try and help people out.

-Be as reckless as possible (Take this as you want)

-Set limits on yourself (Ideas: Only eat canned goods; No drinking from ponds/wells; Don't use guns. Also this is more something to do BEFORE you loot up, not after)

-Set up a campsite

-Race people in vehicles

-Set more personal goals that you wouldn't normally do (Such as going to a specific teeny village in the middle of nowhere)

This is just a few things I could think up of in like a minute, but you get the gist. Don't set yourself up for the routine "Survive, Loot, Shoot, Repeat" deal.

• Like 3

still in development but yes, I see it similar to you really. Not really a bad thing, there's lots of fun to be had if you don't want to take it seriously, there's allegedly fun to be had 'killin bambis' when geared.

Me? I get geared and spend the rest of my characters life hiding, eating poor quality food and drinking my own piss until I die lol.

some statements maybe slightly exaggerated 

• Like 2

Do research. Plenty of topics that already mirror yours.

The goal is to do whatever you want. It's a sandbox game despite being zombie-survival themed.

Ultimately, as anyone will tell you, it's alpha. You're accessing all content in such a quick & leisurely manner for the sake of development speed.

When the game is finished, you'll die more times than you can fathom before you reach "end game".

In the games current state, be creative. Go hunting, fishing, commit robberies, roleplay, start a small community, explore, etc.

My latest idea is to get together with my clan mates, all dressed in firefighters gear, equipped only with firefighter axes & fire extinguishers, & roam Chernarus in multiple V3S's, blaring the sound of a fire engine siren through direct chat, in search of all campfires that we will deem a fire hazard beyond reasonable doubt, where we will proceed to put out said campfire to ensure that the good people of Chernarus remain safe by any means.

We will stop for no one.

Edited by blunce
  • Like 1

i am one who kill himself when i get full geared the reason i do that is mainly because my favorite part is the struggle and i like to loot. you should try to find an RP server OP i think that you would find it a lot of fun. point being is there's always stuff to do that way meet people help folks hunt down scumbags but there's also something else about RP you can start a store a farm even your own colony in a town if you were so inclined. what you have mentioned is the reason i see CLE being a must once loot gets more rare and once vehicles really come into play such as maintenance and the work to get running you'll have your hands full of things to do in no time not to mention the weapons customization that's coming so you could trade custom weapons if your lucky at getting parts and such. so what am i getting at the game to me is has as many possibilities as your imagination that's the beauty of it i think then again you could do like me and suicide and start the madness over again lol.

i checked many topics, but did not find one really similar to the one i created, so did not mean to repeat anything...

your answers so far tell me, find smth to do yourself, cause there isnt really smth to do as soon as you got geared up.

sure, sounds nice if you do stuff like that fire-fighter-corso, but except for maybe this, the other things to do are like playing a role playing game and instead of following the story line i go and hunt rats or destroy windows or smth like that.

the game (though this would probably better be in another post) should have much less weapons, so you are actually scared of zombies rather than of other players that behave like idiots and shoot you for fun, even if you have absolutely nothing they might need. further there should be achievements, so its actually a challenge to survive a couple of days without a gun for example or without eating canned food...

i know its alpha, but i am just writing a post and looking for (maybe) some more fun in this game.

There are people who stick with the simple "loot up, fight, die, repeat" game style. At one point or another we're all there. But the good thing about this game is that if you think creatively then you can do pretty much whatever you want. If you don't know what to do, sell berries at Vybor.

That always ends fun.

indeed OP the game is what you make of it. not to be repetitive but the game and the zeds we all know well are gonna be different they are getting better hell compare them to when all this started in the end they are gonna be a problem if not now i haven't played experimental but till then meaning full version sometimes we have to make our own fun drama madness and murder.

Um... ALPHA. It's not done yet. So a lot of the things you mentioned will become more important as more features are added into the game. "Why model hammers? They are crap for weapons. It makes no sense." Well eventually it might be a requirement to create barricades in buildings or other crafting. There will be much more. The medical system already uses antibiotics and such, but food is a bit to plentiful for the most part in the pre .55 loot schema and so people don't tend to get food poisoning and some of the other systems for infection are not in the game yet. 

Secondly the point of an open world game is that it is open. You create your own goals. Now in the generic Mod for some people it was trying to find a couple good spots to set up tents and hide vehicles and see what they could gather. For people did things like play other mods of the mod where there were crafting and building and such often times the point to them was to first secure a vehicle, then some means of storage, and start gathering supplies for a little crafted base somewhere off the beaten path. Then once they were established they would often then construct more elaborate bases and even dare others to raid them. Whole clans would go to war against each other. In some cases you would find two groups building better and better defenses against each other's bases and fighting over the no-man's land between them. 

Basically the game is what you make of it. It's like handing a kid 10 sticks, some rope, a few small rubber balls, and some chalk and telling them to make up a game. Some kids will look at you dumb and wonder what to do. Some others will end up actually having fun instead of sitting there bored. 

These ideas are so bad. Just murder people until you're bored, then wait until the next patch.

/thread

• Like 4

Come back in six months ... If you read the development timeline lots of exciting stuff is planned for the near future .

annnd it'll all be broken.  exciting but broken.  better make it a year or two.

Edited by Red_Ensign

There is no thing as "the final goal" as the game continually moves from survival to sandbox as you survive (increasing the number of potential goals) and back to survival if you die. If anything there is a "next goal".

During my life as survivor I usually pas through the following stages:

1. Early game - you try to survive against all odds. This part is currently worked on but it's far from finished. Especially stable builds tend to make it relatively easy. Might and should be a luck based mission especially when you are on your own. The goals are pretty basic: find food, water, clothes and tools to stay alive.
  2. Mid game - you gear up until you reach a well-geared state (that depends on you). Worked on since the beginning and might not be finished for quite a while. You greatest threats are now other players competing for loot. Your goal might shift more towards traveling to and looting of specific areas and of course surviving to keep the price.
  3. End game - you do whatever you want. By this phase you are well-equipped and looting servers mainly to maintain that state. Here the game becomes a sandbox game where you are able pursue your own goals. Far from finished as many cooperative (currently you can do everything on your own without many problems), creative (basebuilding and similar things are not in yet) and social (the game currently lacks the identification features required) goals are simply missing. You can, however, pursue a variety of goals like hoarding weapons, killing players, helping players, stalking players, trying to form a group/cult, securing a town etc.

Now you cannot strictly differentiate between those but the longer you survive the more you tend to shift from early game to end game - at least for the majority of playstyles.

I think the end game is crazy maniac in the mountains that eats people and has peoples skulls surrounding his camp full of traps and he's armed to the teeth and even the mountain lions won't hunt there. :-D

• Like 1

The zombie's although a bit crap at the moment do have their uses as they tell you if anyone is in a town or has been recently in a town. Move up north, loot towns or stalk other players.

No final goal in this game. Maybe one: stay alive as long as you can (kind a stupid without counter). You should have check that before buying game. 

There will allways be new content to be busy with, like vehicles, base building, missions... But in the end there is no final goal.

OP i feel the same,but sadly we are something like an endangered spiecies here.

The game has always been heavily based on the PVP playstyle.

It's all about gear-kill-die and repeat,this is an endless cycle.

There is nothing to do besides that and i don't think there ever would be.

The people urging you to "Roleplay" probably seen a Youtube video.

In reality,if you try to be friendly in an "unscripted" enviroment,you'll end up KOSed.

I had a topic the other day about cooperation and teamwork mechanics.

It's a shame but,the fanbase dosen't want any restrictions or higher value to the average survivor.

Most want a setting that people are classified as nothing more than walking lootbags which can die for anything.

If you have patience do as i do and wait.

However i don't expect things to change any time soon and maybe in the end,the game will never really be for people like us.

Edited by Damnyourdeadman

End game already happened, they got our money, now dayz is off the top seller list, it's just a slow crawl adding random items and actions to keep the user base happy and make sure they don't get on gaming news as a poster boy for not investing in unfinished games.

Play the mod, it's still after all this time better than the "real" game.

i dont mean to "piss off" any hardcore fans here, but i started this game and was amazed by the reality of it. i died and thought, wow, its really difficult here and there is so much to do and to see and i liked it a lot. then i got together with friends that played for a long time and they brought me to the airfield... okay, i got guns, ammo, food. what now? where is the sense in playing anymore if you are well-geared?

in another topic someone wrote, he kills himself when he is top-geared, since he is noone who kills others.

there is just two things to do now, either kill other players (unfortunately this game is not created for that, the engine is not for pvp or ego-shooter) and killing zombies? thats like running through a zoo with an ak47 killing zebras. wow!!! what a fun. antibiotics? what for, zombies dont have a chance at all. vitamins, blood transfusions, really nice all those things, but once geared, you can only die by getting killed by another player and then you dont need any medics.

the game is supposed to be a survival-simulator in a zombie-world. but actually its just a pvp ego-shooter (and as ego-shooter its really bad) in a endtime world, which does not really bother the player.

open for any suggestions, since to me its no fun to play hours and hours to find a rifle thats a bit better than mine or similar equipment upgrades...

What is an ego-shooter?  

Antibiotics work, take them when you get sick.

Engine not made for PvP?  Isn't this the Arma 2 engine?  What do you do in Arma?

I don't know about anyone else, but when I get fully-geared, I go looking for other fully-geared players to interact with.

All I can tell you is I have a hell of a lot of fun playing this game, even when features are broken.  People try to tell me that if I want to PvP I am playing the wrong game.  They tell me to go play CoD, BF, or Arma.  Well, I played all those games, and it isn't the same.  I like the PvP in DayZ more than any of those other FPS games.  I have more to lose in this game, and it makes death, and kills, far more satisfying than anything else I have ever played.

As far as zombies go, the recent 666 exp was BY FAR the best implementation of zombies so far in this game, in my opinion.  I really enjoyed it.  It felt like Night of the Living Dead.

I also run around crafting, hunting, cooking meats, making leather clothes, I enjoy ALL of that.  All that though, that is just filler for the real meat and potatoes in this game; PvP.  At least to me.  You are going to have to deal with that.  I'm not going anywhere, and theres no way that the PvP is going to get worse, it'll only get better.  I'm not going anywhere, and neither are the people who think like I do.

Do research. Plenty of topics that already mirror yours.

The goal is to do whatever you want. It's a sandbox game despite being zombie-survival themed.

Ultimately, as anyone will tell you, it's alpha. You're accessing all content in such a quick & leisurely manner for the sake of development speed.

When the game is finished, you'll die more times than you can fathom before you reach "end game".

In the games current state, be creative. Go hunting, fishing, commit robberies, roleplay, start a small community, explore, etc.

My latest idea is to get together with my clan mates, all dressed in firefighters gear, equipped only with firefighter axes & fire extinguishers, & roam Chernarus in multiple V3S's, blaring the sound of a fire engine siren through direct chat, in search of all campfires that we will deem a fire hazard beyond reasonable doubt, where we will proceed to put out said campfire to ensure that the good people of Chernarus remain safe by any means.

We will stop for no one.

Yes! A friend and I did this with Police uniforms and sirens, we told them to "COMPLY OR DIE!" then when they were on the ground we would give them food and water.

• Like 1

The other day, somebody knocked me out after I spawned. I came-to after a bit and they were standing nearby, wearing my outfit and I was in my undies. It was pretty funny. First I thought it was some weird bug. Then I chased them around but lost them.

Interacting with other people in imaginative ways seems to be the most interesting thing to do. I don't have much time to play unfortunately, so don't really get time to seek these interactions out, but when I see other people it gets my heart racing. The very fact is it so rare is part of the attraction. Looking for trucks takes up most of my time at the moment...

• Like 1

thanks for all those answers so far, but lets not forget one major thing about this game.

you wake up in a world of zombies and its supposed to be as realistic as possible (what indeed worked out pretty good). but if play this game, i want to imagine i am really there experiencing that! and i think thats about what they tried to programm. you are supposed to play this game and really believe it is just so realistic! but wait, if i would be in this world, would i run around and look for other people to kill them? yes, maybe, but only to survive, not for fun! so anyone who thinks thats the purpose of this game... well, sorry, but in that case go play counter strike, call of duty or other games like that. they are way better for that purpose!

i guess it all ends up in actually waiting for the game to get more possibilities and i really hope this will happen and they dont just stop programming and add some few things here and there. there IS a lot of potential in this game, but it needs to be created and formed, right now its not really challenging or even interesting. the first few hours you are excited, then its just getting boring. and sure, making your own food and clothes, thats really cool, but if i can find better stuff anywhere around... if i was really in this world, i would not make my own clothes, if i could find new stuff everywhere around...

so lets see and find out what is going to happen in the future.

thanks for all those answers so far, but lets not forget one major thing about this game.

you wake up in a world of zombies and its supposed to be as realistic as possible (what indeed worked out pretty good). but if play this game, i want to imagine i am really there experiencing that! and i think thats about what they tried to programm. you are supposed to play this game and really believe it is just so realistic! but wait, if i would be in this world, would i run around and look for other people to kill them? yes, maybe, but only to survive, not for fun! so anyone who thinks thats the purpose of this game... well, sorry, but in that case go play counter strike, call of duty or other games like that. they are way better for that purpose!

i guess it all ends up in actually waiting for the game to get more possibilities and i really hope this will happen and they dont just stop programming and add some few things here and there. there IS a lot of potential in this game, but it needs to be created and formed, right now its not really challenging or even interesting. the first few hours you are excited, then its just getting boring. and sure, making your own food and clothes, thats really cool, but if i can find better stuff anywhere around... if i was really in this world, i would not make my own clothes, if i could find new stuff everywhere around...

so lets see and find out what is going to happen in the future.

PleAse do inform yourself with the developmental roadmap , it explains what is going to be added and when , there is plenty on that list to have thousands of hours of fun ..hell I've already logged 1,200 some odd hours just interacting with people , I'm always friendy and only 25% of the time have trouble with others that don't want to be friends (and 75% of those bad encounters I survive) so for me player interaction and PVP is better in this game than any other pvp game , but don't forget that the pvp is not the only aspect of the game and again, if you look at the developmental timeline , there is plenty of exciting stuff planned for the near future that is getting or going to be worked on .

• Like 2

-snip-

Keep fighting the good fight kush.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1