IgnobleBasterd

Zombies are normal humans with virus?

So, if the zombies are normal humans with a virus, how come they don't die of exposure? Starvation? Dehydration? I'm sensing a lot of plot holes here.

• Like 6

They are superhuman.

How come, from a physiological perspective? Extensive and quick mutations would require immense energy expenditure. From where do they get this energy?

Edited by IgnobleBasterd

I'm sensing a lot of plot holes here.

So what? There's no explanation for anything. One might consider it being a plot hole that there's something like "Zombies" in the first place. None of what you say applies in this case, seeing as there's no lore to go with the game, thus there's no plot holes.

• Like 5

So what? There's no explanation for anything. One might consider it being a plot hole that there's something like "Zombies" in the first place. None of what you say applies in this case, seeing as there's no lore to go with the game, thus there's no plot holes.

I'm saying that there has to be supernatural elements, because the way the zombies are now is physiologically impossible.

So, zombies themselves are physiologically possible then?

• Like 3

There isn't even a plot itself present. You just start the game and appear on a beach with sneakers, jeans, a t shirt, and a flashlight with battery. I mean, that doesn't make much sense either. There is no story. You make the story.

So, if the zombies are normal humans with a virus, how come they don't die of exposure? Starvation? Dehydration? I'm sensing a lot of plot holes here.

Yeah its kind of lame. XD

There isn't even a plot itself present. You just start the game and appear on a beach with sneakers, jeans, a t shirt, and a flashlight with battery. I mean, that doesn't make much sense either. There is no story. You make the story.

don't forget: 30 mins from death...

cash81 : QQ, what's new?

Go away.

This may not be your game to play.

@OP

Where did they get the energy...? >>> Where are all the other bodies? = Digested.

Though there isn't any point in extrapolating on anything in DayZ too much....

I suspend some disbelief by thinking.... the virus changes their immune and digestive systems and makes them function with a completely different metabolic rate so they do not succumb to average illness or exposure.

• Like 2

I'm saying that there has to be supernatural elements, because the way the zombies are now is physiologically impossible.

No, maybe they have heightened metabolisms, and feed on the flesh of humans for sustenance? Besides go talk to an Inuit about what is "t shirt weather" then talk to a dude from Texas about the same. The human body is very adaptable...

Go away.

@OP

Where did they get the energy...? >>> Where are all the other bodies? = Digested.

I suspend some disbelief by thinking.... the virus changes their immune and digestive systems and makes them function with a completely different metabolic rate so they do not succumb to average illness or exposure.

This^ minus the being rude

This^ minus the being rude

Seriously, man!?

Since 0.55 every post from this guy has been whining about features of the game he doesn't like.

What he's been doing is rude and was rude first in this thread.

Appropriate response was appropriate.

don't forget: 30 mins from death...

^^^Because that's constructive!?

People need to relax on calling the New Yorker with the pointed language, "rude".

I only launch criticism at those who earn it.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 4

This is what grinds my gears.

Slower metabolic rate = slower movement

Muscles need energy, and to move as fast as they do they need at least the same metabolic rate as regular humans.

I'm all for suspension of disbelief. The problem is that this doesn't suspend my disbelief. :D

I'm finding supernatural and undead zombies a much more likely explanation.

Edited by IgnobleBasterd
  • Like 1

This is what grinds my gears.

Slower metabolic rate = slower movement

Muscles need energy, and to move as fast as they do they need at least the same metabolic rate as regular humans.

I never said slower metabolic rate, I said different, whatever that "needs" to be.

Maybe it functions on some cellular level that was unprecedented in carbon life forms prior!

You shouldn't belabor yourself with too much of this. :)

Edited by BioHaze

I never said slower metabolic rate, I said different, whatever that "needs" to be.

Maybe it functions on some cellular level that was unprecedented in carbon life forms prior!

You shouldn't belabor yourself with too much of this. :)

I'm studying fields related to the subject. Can't help but let my thoughts wander. ;)

• Like 2

From where do they get this energy?

Photosynthesis!

Edited by Yazar8
  • Like 3

Go away.

@OP

I'm honestly starting yo think him and that sebiee guy don't even play the game and are just here trolling.

• Like 3

I'm honestly starting yo think him and that sebiee guy don't even play the game and are just here trolling.

i quit responding to there posts for that very reason if others do the same maybe it would stop.

I'd like to see the mods do something about them repetitive QQers. Ive found out personally "cool story" and well played memes are a no go here, why are the pointless "no lootz" " zombee to hard nao" shit posts okay?

They're getting their energy by killing and eating everything on sight. As to warmth, it's not as though they're naked. They're also eating hot guts pretty frequently.

Alpha!

Seriously till just recently we had less zombies on the map than players, and they could spot someone from over a mile away through a wall.  They're broken (and, according to many, still broken) and simply placeholders.  It is my hope that zombies will have a system similar to players where they have to seek out food, water, and at the very least shelter when they're hungry, thirsty, and cold respectively.  There's quite a few ways the lack of death from exposure can be explained, higher than normal body heat output, higher metabolism, deadened nerves, ect, but until a Dev comes out and says, "Oh, Zombies don't die from the cold because of X." it's all just speculation on our parts.

but when i put in a suggestion about players becoming zombies i was told no no no no, it goes against the dayz lore, so if you are saying there is no lore then what is the point of having a suggestion page whenever everything that gets suggested gets thrown out?