billyangstadt

.55 loot, I'll just leave it at this.

I'm getting the feeling that you have no idea what you're talking about. So, today I went to both Green Mountain and Vybor military base on a ten player server. I found no guns, one mag and several weapon flashlights, In between, I visited several villages. I found a total of two cans of food. Now how am I supposed to survive on that, or regain health on that, when I'm constantly being battered down by the zombies I try to sneak past, and then don't hear because audio is bugged? Guess how many guns or rounds I found? 0 guns, and some .22 rounds. After checking 2 military bases and dozens of houses, I had almost nothing to show for it. And I do check bus stops, etc but all I ever find is books.

Welcome to the end of the world. Not the total destruction and removal of every almost single useful item in the world.

Yet, you're the still only checking military bases for weapons. Guess what, shit spawns anywhere, now. Doesn't matter if it's low pop or not. The days of loot being new when the server restarts are over. Again, you're trying to follow your old looting routes. Forget anything you ever knew and move from there.

All you seem to mention are ammo and guns. Is that all this game is? What about the other items that spawn? Tunnel vision looting is why people think the loot sucks. The game is what you make of it. If you're just looking to gear up and have clan wars, you're gunna have a bad time.

For food focus more on farming, fishing, etc. Before you fly off of the handle there, I found a shovel, lime, and seeds within a half hour of looting. Crafting is your friend for fishing gear too. Canned food should be non-existant, or as rare as it is now. That's why they're perishables.

Edited by DanicaHamlin
  • Like 3

I understand the removal of easy to find cans of food. But since .55 dropped I haven't seen 1 deer, cow, boar or rabbit. I've got a trap sitting empty for hours...

my stomach grumbles.

Do it! Those of us who play regularly and aren't lazy as f*ck are actually enjoying the challenge. If you're good at being stealthy and resourceful at finding necessary items, it's not even difficult.

I am. One of the main reasons I quit playing (aside from having a shit PC) was that I could walk into a building and find almost everything I need to survive for a week within five minutes.

Canned food should be non-existant

Canned food is the 'Mountain Dew' of DayZ SA. lol

Only mod players will understand

Edited by MadWookie
  • Like 2

I understand the removal of easy to find cans of food. But since .55 dropped I haven't seen 1 deer, cow, boar or rabbit. I've got a trap sitting empty for hours...

my stomach grumbles.

Berezino, as always, has roaming hordes of cows. I know that's awfully specific, but go and check that out if you're desperate.

• Like 1

Yet, you're the still only checking military bases for weapons. Guess what, shit spawns anywhere, now. Doesn't matter if it's low pop or not. The days of loot being new when the server restarts are over. Again, you're trying to follow your old looting routes. Forget anything you ever knew and move from there.

All you seem to mention are ammo and guns. Is that all this game is? What about the other items that spawn? Tunnel vision looting is why people think the loot sucks. The game is what you make of it. If you're just looking to gear up and have clan wars, you're gunna have a bad time.

For food focus more on farming, fishing, etc. Before you fly off of the handle there, I found a shovel, lime, and seeds within a half hour of looting. Crafting is your friend for fishing gear too. Canned food should be non-existant, or as rare as it is now. That's why they're perishables.

Please actually fully read my post next time before you respond.  I didn't only mention ammo or guns,  I mentioned that I couldn't find food, or the materials I need to fish. And in order to hunt I need a weapon. I never said I was looking to start clan wars lol, my whole point is that the lack of loot makes it impossible to access these other means of getting food, on top of the zombies popping in randomly to screw you over whilst your looting. Sure, great, military loot doesn't spawn logically anymore, medical loot spawns randomly, and basically it creates a 100% luck-based looting system, whereas if loot spawned rather predictably, it would create a skill-based looting system. You want that ak with pso and bipod? Then you better go to a mil. base and risk your life for it, not find it at a bus stop. You're sick and need charcoal tabs? Then you better find the nearest hospital, rather then just randomly looting houses on the way, hoping to find it.

There was too much canned food, now there is too little.

• Like 1

Military Items are spawning on the steps of these buildings:

land_mil_guardhouse.jpg

found a few AK mags and furniture for them, as well as a CR527 mag.

Edited by DURRHUNTER
  • Like 4

Well yesterday I was playing on a high pop and they have a new dupe glitch because I killed 3 guys and they have all the same loot so I got 3 augs.... Just kill people until they fix the loot... I hope they fix the loot because its shitty...

Whether the loot distribution was intentional or not, I'm very much enjoying this patch.  Sparse food/loot and the zombie ai makes everything a bit more difficult, and finding stuff in unexpected places is rewarding.  It's feeling more like a survival game to me.  Now all we need is aggressive wildlife, hornets nests, venomous snakes, earthquakes, random city-wide air strikes, lethal thunderstorms, slippery leg-breaky surfaces, random booby trapped doors and generally more random things that are out to kill you, injure you and make you sick!

• Like 1

Whether the loot distribution was intentional or not, I'm very much enjoying this patch.  Sparse food/loot and the zombie ai makes everything a bit more difficult, and finding stuff in unexpected places is rewarding.  It's feeling more like a survival game to me.  Now all we need is aggressive wildlife, hornets nests, venomous snakes, earthquakes, random city-wide air strikes, lethal thunderstorms, slippery leg-breaky surfaces, random booby trapped doors and generally more random things that are out to kill you, injure you and make you sick!

now they are good ideas. Get thee to the tracker

Yet you are extremely hungry and shaking from being cold. Find any matches or flares? How about any food or seeds? Or even anything to hunt with? Cause I have not found anything like that. And don't get me started about apples and stuff. Search 30 times find nothing, then find 1 apple then 30 more times with nothing all the while being forced to do a animation and get a little bit more hungry. So yeah, the loot is broken. And about your "search every building" thing I have allways done that. I find allot of usefull supplies (found) in the "worthlesss" buildings before they broke the spawn system. They had a system that worked in the mod yet they tried to fix what was not broken. I would rether food spawn at a 0.007% chance then just not spawn. I want the game to be hard. I do not want stupid none working systems forced onto my game. There has been a lot of outrage about this update and but they are set in their ways. I would welcome this if it was not forced on us while it was still broken and still might "IF" they ever fix it.... and that's a big if.

P.S. And loot economy sucks in thought and practice.

You are a prime example of the inability to adapt. You die not because you are weak, or dumb, but because you refuse to open your mind and try new ideas. Instead, you and many other players blame "the early alpha loot tables", and thus create an easier, watered-down experience.

I like being cold and hungry and alone.

• Like 3

Honestly, anyone who thinks this system is good is insane, because it isn't logical. It doesn't even begin to make sense. As someone said before, it is 100% luck. I will not play the game again until the loot system is set back to the "smart" system, and the "dumb" system is removed. Less loot is good, random loot is terrible. Best wait for the next patch.

Edited by InsaneRuffles
  • Like 2

Honestly, anyone who thinks this system is good is insane, because it isn't logical. It doesn't even begin to make sense. As someone said before, it is 100% luck. I will not play the game again until the loot system is set back to the "smart" system, and the "dumb" system is removed. Less loot is good, random loot is terrible. Best wait for the next patch.

Thank you. Someone finally understands the idiocy of random loot.

If this keeps up we will be finding helicopters on top of castles and boats on airfields.

• Like 3

Consider this:  A couple years after mass hysteria and 99+% of the population dying or becoming zombies, people would initially run to military bases and police stations for weapons.  What happens after those are looted?  S*** falls where people end up dying, right?  That could be *anywhere*.  Realize, the vehicles are rusted-out wrecks.  Cities are overgrown with vegetation.  DayZ is not based on the day an apocalypse happens; it's based a few years AFTER said apocalypse.

So yeah, loot can be anywhere.  It's more realistic than being organized by genre, years after whatever apocalyptic event occurred.  

I'm lovin' it.

Edited by seasharp
  • Like 2

Canned food is the 'Mountain Dew' of DayZ SA. lol

Only mod players will understand

Are you saying it's cursed :D

• Like 4

imo anyone who doesn't think it is better has a very low iq, lacks imagination and probably cannot tie their shoe laces.

If people like you had your way humanity wouldn't progress. You'd be the guy at the wright's first flight telling them it was shit and they should just give it up as they hardly got off the ground at all.

• Like 3

imo anyone who doesn't think it is better has a very low iq, lacks imagination and probably cannot tie their shoe laces.

If people like you had your way humanity wouldn't progress. You'd be the guy at the wright's first flight telling them it was shit and they should just give it up as they hardly got off the ground at all.

Interesting, your profile says "Freethink" yet you have demonstrated that you clearly don't think. Instead of insulting, maybe you could have provided conjecture, like the guy before you. Wait. You're too much of a moron to comprehend what discussion means.

• Like 1

Consider this: A couple years after mass hysteria and 99+% of the population dying or becoming zombies, people would initially run to military bases and police stations for weapons. What happens after those are looted? S*** falls where people end up dying, right? That could be *anywhere*. Realize, the vehicles are rusted-out wrecks. Cities are overgrown with vegetation. DayZ is not based on the day an apocalypse happens; it's based a few years AFTER said apocalypse.

So yeah, loot can be anywhere. It's more realistic than being organized by genre, years after whatever apocalyptic event occurred.

I'm lovin' it.

Except for it's a "dumb" system. Forget anything rare, it could spawn anywhere. There's no risk vs. reward anymore, it's just luck. If I want to try my hand at luck, I'll go play the slots, not waste my time on some unnecessary gimmick.

• Like 1

Sigh...

As usual, the masses want easy mode. They want to know what towns they can frolic through the streets and what towns they have to scope out before entering. They want to know exactly what spawns where and where the highest concentration of players are. They want to load in, get geared and find action ASAP.

The hard core DayZ fans (you know, the reason the game got made) want pretty much NONE of the above. They want to have to watch their backs at every turn. They want to FIND things and survive with nothing. They don't care if it takes 20 minutes to crawl the length of a yard past a zombie to a house in hopes there might be something inside. Don't care if it takes playing 3 hours a day for 5 days just to make it from Balota to NWAF without dying. 

This patch is showing who is who.  :lol:

Also random loot makes total sense. This isn't the day after the outbreak. Do you think barracks are going to be loaded with weapons even just a few days after? Abandoned houses with anything useful? Some things should NOT be totally random spawns, but for the majority of them, it does make sense.

I really can't wait for globally limited items. The threads that will pop up will be sooo entertaining.  :D

• Like 5

Are you saying it's cursed  :D

Only when eaten at Green Mountain.

<shudders>

• Like 2

Consider this:  A couple years after mass hysteria and 99+% of the population dying or becoming zombies, people would initially run to military bases and police stations for weapons.  What happens after those are looted?  S*** falls where people end up dying, right?  That could be *anywhere*.  Realize, the vehicles are rusted-out wrecks.  Cities are overgrown with vegetation.  DayZ is not based on the day an apocalypse happens; it's based a few years AFTER said apocalypse.

So yeah, loot can be anywhere.  It's more realistic than being organized by genre, years after whatever apocalyptic event occurred.  

I'm lovin' it.

That doesn't change the fact that it removes the skill and risk aspects of looting, and how do you know that the apocalypse would be like that? I find it funny when people try to paste realism onto something that isn't real, hasn't happened, and probably never will. -_-

Besides, if your theory is correct, and that 99.9% are gone, then I'm guessing most of those 99.9% didn't get very far with what they had, and .1% of a population is hardly enough to change the average loot of an area, especially with all the zombies everywhere.

• Like 1

The point is that it isn't about realism. DayZ is about as far away from real as it gets when it comes to atmosphere. The point is this ruins the game. What's the point of having military buildings, or any special building at all? If DayZ lives up to its name and it becomes difficult, where the hell am I going to go when I need something? If any type of lootable item is needed, you're screwed because it could be literally anywhere. If I go to a hospital, I should find hospital supplies. If I go to a base, I should find military supplies. That's how logic works.

If it was realistic, we would be spawning Inland instead of the coast, and hospitals and bases would be filled with loot. Have any of you seen the stuff in a base or hospital? Real bases have entire armories that can arm a small army. Then consider the fact that there was a large military presence. Even after years, guns would be a common sight.

Edited by InsaneRuffles
  • Like 3

That doesn't change the fact that it removes the skill and risk aspects of looting, and how do you know that the apocalypse would be like that? I find it funny when people try to paste realism onto something that isn't real, hasn't happened, and probably never will. -_-

Besides, if your theory is correct, and that 99.9% are gone, then I'm guessing most of those 99.9% didn't get very far with what they had, and .1% of a population is hardly enough to change the average loot of an area, especially with all the zombies everywhere.

You appear to lack the ability to think logically.  First off, while an apocalypse is happening, the survivors would go for weapons right away, and they would start dying in firefights over food, zombies, etc...  That would bring some reality to the current loot spawns:  Anywhere and everywhere except the obvious places!

Also, it did not take any "skill" to go to a military base and get loot.  You always knew where the loot was, every server restart.  That's not "skill".  That's exploiting known drops.  Now that the loot is all over the map, the real skill lies in surviving and finding what you need through trial and error! 

As for your numbers, my 99+% figure is the population a few years after a major event.  Perhaps only 60% of the population died at first, and the other 39+% died from starvation, or fighting each other, or zombie bites, whatever?  Alas, the 39% could easily loot every major building, especially considering grocery stores, for example, only have enough food to feed the surrounding community for a few days at any given time.

• Like 2

the only ammo i've been able to find has come from other players and a wee bita trading..

Thanks for the heads up about certain buildings and locations for loot, folks.

I noticed drinks at bus stops, if that helps anyone.

I'm playing in cautious survivor mode the entire time and it's paid off.

For the most part my Magnum ammo stocks have either risen or stayed the same.

I hope to play a lot tonight and make the best of the info here.

I'm having too much fun! :P

One of the first things I found when this update dropped was a Mosin in a deerstand. So glad I never stopped checking EVERYWHERE.

fj1PSez.jpg

• Like 1