boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.55 Discussion

Zombies can change targets.  I tested it with a buddy actually.  They will change from focussing on a player to another player or they will change from a player to a truck.  If they change to a truck, they will stay focused on the truck.  Those seem to have their priority.  It's pretty easy to do a lap around a town to gather most of the zombies, then just drive forward and back till you splatter all of them and make the own safer ;)

You risk damaging your fuel tank and getting a leak that way, but I do it too, just hate when I get that fuel tank damage.

I have seen this with wild life too, you can run a zed near a pig, cow or deer or chicken and it will switch to that.  They aren't all that smart.  If you have a group chasing you near a dock cut a corner really close and some will fall off the dock into the water.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 3

You risk damaging your fuel tank and getting a leak that way, but I do it too, just hate when I get that fuel tank damage.

I have seen this with wild life too, you can run a zed near a pig, cow or deer or chicken and it will switch to that.  They aren't all that smart.  If you have a group chasing you near a dock cut a corner really close and some will fall off the dock into the water.

This is great confirmation, I suspected one time that I got a leak but didn't know if it was just bugged.

Is anybody having issues with their character going up inclines? Paved road or off road, my character (female) that has been alive since .54 has issues going up inclines. I simply get stuck running/jogging/walking in place and have to strafe left or right to keep going up hill. I have video footage of it that i'm going to compile and send as a feedback tracker if I don't find another one already. Highly annoying when you're trying to evade the infected  >:(

Is anybody having issues with their character going up inclines? Paved road or off road, my character (female) that has been alive since .54 has issues going up inclines. I simply get stuck running/jogging/walking in place and have to strafe left or right to keep going up hill. I have video footage of it that i'm going to compile and send as a feedback tracker if I don't find another one already. Highly annoying when you're trying to evade the infected  > :(

I saw a deer stuck in the running animation trying to run up a hill that wasn't even steep.

I've also seen an infected stuck trying to run uphill as well.

Thankfully, I do not believe I had it happen to my character.... sounds awful.

I saw a deer stuck in the running animation trying to run up a hill that wasn't even steep.

I've also seen an infected stuck trying to run uphill as well.

Thankfully, I do not believe I had it happen to my character.... sounds awful.

Saw a video of a guy meleeing a goat stuck going up a hill recently. A goat getiing stuck on a hill, really?

• Like 2

Thank you all for the interesting information in this thread. I love this update and the new experience this game actually gives me. Awesome work by the devs till now, if it keeps developed in this direction I think this is going to be one of my favorite games of all times. 

I have a bigger problem carrying the sewing kit & the lime.

If you're desperate and really want animals but cant find any in berezino for instance, check the area around altar. Lately i see about 5+ cows if you look downhill east (towrds gorka) from the altar.All the time.

There's some animals i always find on the same spot; like a deer and some boar around veresnik,a boar between kemaneka and pavlovo, deer&boar next to kopyto lake W from prigorodki, cows at berezino, a deer on the way from berezino to khelm, a boar usualy north from Vhysnaya Dubrovka. There's tons of herd around NWEAF towns.  Msta usualy has chickens,goat and a pig (unless someone scared them off) Animal AI was defenately nerfed, they dont spot you as fast as they did in 054 and i dont find idle zombies in the middle of a forest after chasing the poor chicken for hrs.

http://i.imgur.com/E7W4fYo.jpg

(...)

Very nice Map and a reason to go a few hours on a hunting trip. ;) I'm also interested in the answer for the question from Lorax. He asked if "the red dots are actual spawn locations and the large circles represent an area of operation, meaning (n) number of animals will be present in a giving circle."

My crew and I are really having a hard time finding any humans to interact with, even on high pop servers and in some major cities.  Anybody else having this?  Are people just scared of zombies, or more scared of losing their gear, or what?  Devs, I understand the drive to make this more survival and less PvP, but how on such a gigantic map do you incentivize people heading into cities (or other centralized locations) for P2P interaction?

I really don't have this problem. As a lonly wolf I hardly came across anyone if I don't want to. Sometimes I follow people for 20 minutes just to decide that they are more harm than good. But I have way more contacts with friendly people now. Even freshspawns are so thankfully if you just give them a few more hours to live. :beans:

As a tip I would recommend to hang around parking lots where a lot loot spawns for instance in the east of Cernaya Polana.

I'm not sure if this was addressed in this topic - I noticed there's a way to F-spam apple-picking, i.e. have more attempts than the animations.Hitting 'F' a few times right at the end of an animation will give you 1-2 free insta-attempts. This is maybe related to the fact that there is no 'cancel current action' option. However, I'm quite sure you can F-spam a bit (to a lesser extent) 'searching for feathers' at coops.

• Like 1

Did somebody find any nettings? I'm in Berehziki (or something). That's a place with 16 boats and I have been looking there for them. Checked about 5 servers (sorry for hopping), and found nothing..

Wait wait wait wait.... wait...... WAIT!  You can get a fuel leak? D:  This explains everything!  I went from half a tank to empty in five minutes and had no clue how x.x

So im now back in my country and the first thing i did was to dl dayz on my gaming rig "have been using laptop on the .54". Now have there been a character wipe since then because i can't seem to find mine =( Its all server side isn't it?

I'm just off the most boring session of 'DayZ' I've ever played. I'm 4 hours jogging around and not finding a single thing of any use for my toon, only to be shot by some wankers hiding behind a door in a house.

I think I'm done for a while.

The tedium of .55 simply outweighs the fun parts.

Hopfully .56 will iron out some of the boredom.

Wait wait wait wait.... wait...... WAIT!  You can get a fuel leak? D:  This explains everything!  I went from half a tank to empty in five minutes and had no clue how x.x

Yeah, you can watch the tank drain on the fuel gauge too.

Interesting map. I'm guessing the dark red dots are actual spawn locations and the large circles represent an area of operation, meaning (n) number of animals will be present in a giving circle. Am I correct?

I'm also interested in the answer for the question from Lorax.

Ah, got me. Id say you're right. If every dot would be an actual single spawn point, berezino looks really weird and nothing what you see right after the restart .I guess dots are possible spawn points that the n-animals from that "circle" randomly get when they respawn. 

This map was posted on reddit by one of the devs(?) in around early 054 i think (if not earlier). I tried to find the original post but only found the map -.-

To Eugene and the Devs,

I really like 0.55 overall, even with the growing pains that introducing new mechanics bring. Pay no heed to all the clowns saying they are starving or can only find an SKS. If you are starving then you are playing the game wrong or have other problems, and those who are unsatisfied they can only find an SKS are spoiled brats.  I was elated when I found an SKS, and I want to be elated finding an SKS.

I'm finding the way I approach towns and zombies have completely changed, and for the better. I have noticed the infected are much more silent now. They don't vocalize as much especially during agro, and I don't really hear their footsteps. Is this intentional, a recent bug, or is it only me?

To those who are complaining they aren't finding any loot, go look in areas you normally don't go to. I've done fine looking in cars, jeeps, and tan wooden sheds. Also small little clumps of houses off the normal hotspots are good too.  If your normal methods aren't working then change, you need to adapt otherwise you'll die.

I ALMOST DIED FROM ZOMBIES TODAY........and I couldn't be happier about it. This update rocks.

Special thanks to forum regular Biohaze for stopping the bleeding and standing guard over my unconscious body AND not taking everything I owned.  ;)

• Like 1

-snip-

I have noticed the infected are much more silent now. They don't vocalize as much especially during agro, and I don't really hear their footsteps. Is this intentional, a recent bug, or is it only me?

-snip

It's a bug that made the new infected unintentionally more difficult.

It keeps my head on a swivel....

I'm hoping it's fixed soon though, we should at least hear footsteps, they aren't ninjas.

• Like 2

Found another military tent today and a CR75. And 2xMP5, 2xAmphibia, 3x Rak. And 3 regular tents. Still haven't found a pot! I swear military tents are easier to find than bloody cooking pots now ^^ I have a tent full of meat, and I will make a big food giveaway, once I find a pot and cook it all! All bambis will be fed when I drive up the coast with my meatpacks. I just need to get cooking. Please game, have a heart, I want to do put food on my family, or however George Bush Junior said it.  

• Like 2

I ALMOST DIED FROM ZOMBIES TODAY........and I couldn't be happier about it. This update rocks.

Special thanks to forum regular Biohaze for stopping the bleeding and standing guard over my unconscious body AND not taking everything I owned.  ;)

I did die to zombies today, it was amazing. I was at one of the new summer camps, took a shot with my trumpet at a zombie head (I had only seen two) and missed. Before I knew it I had 5 or 6 of the bastards on me and broke my leg. It was silly, I didn't need to shoot the zombie in the first place. I was appropriately punished for the mistake.

• Like 2

Well met Mr. Atrophy.

Thanks for ammo and company.

Apologies for that one round I stuck in you during that unfortunate, cascading progression of things that sucked. (That "lady" had it in for you.)

Stay healthy my friend!

FcAfuu7.jpg

LwEiwCp.jpg

1bOD5eG.jpg

9NE6fnL.jpg

UQLSn3v.jpg

^Caught with his pants down.

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 2

I did die to zombies today, it was amazing. I was at one of the new summer camps, took a shot with my trumpet at a zombie head (I had only seen two) and missed. Before I knew it I had 5 or 6 of the bastards on me and broke my leg. It was silly, I didn't need to shoot the zombie in the first place. I was appropriately punished for the mistake.

In Novaya Petrovka two days ago, I was checking a garage. I came out of the garage and had to shoot a zombie that got too close before I aggroed it. I missed the headshot, but then I killed it. When it was all over, my pants were ruined, some ammo and food got ruined, I was bleeding profusely, I was nearly out of ammo, and 11 infected were slain. It was a gloriously chaotic mess.

• Like 4

Apologies for that one round I stuck in you during that unfortunate, cascading progression of things that sucked. (That "lady" had it in for you.)

No harm, no foul man. You got me back to good.  :thumbsup:

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 1

In Novaya Petrovka two days ago, I was checking a garage. I came out of the garage and had to shoot a zombie that got too close before I aggroed it. I missed the headshot, but then I killed it. When it was all over, my pants were ruined, some ammo and food got ruined, I was bleeding profusely, I was nearly out of ammo, and 11 infected were slain. It was a gloriously chaotic mess.

And to think that the current amount of zombies is just the beginning...it's gonna be a hard ass game!

I always sneak around carefully, just to see my friend run past me, looking like he's happily catching butterflies. 80% of my ammo goes into saving the alive runner from the dead runners. I get my clothes ruined on a daily basis, but usually just the pants or the jacket are affected. Oh and boots when I crash the truck. I love that you can put the survival knife into the boots. And it will stay pristine, even when the military boots are ruined.  

I always sneak around carefully, just to see my friend run past me, looking like he's happily catching butterflies. 80% of my ammo goes into saving the alive runner from the dead runners. I get my clothes ruined on a daily basis, but usually just the pants or the jacket are affected. Oh and boots when I crash the truck. I love that you can put the survival knife into the boots. And it will stay pristine, even when the military boots are ruined.  

I have begun carrying one extra pair of pants on me at all times. Every day, at least one pair of pants gets ruined. I've lost some boots too, but most of the time I have been able to catch them at "Badly Damaged" and repair with a Leather Sewing Kit. I haven't crashed a truck but that's because I don't like noise and I don't drive trucks. Every time I start a truck engine, my brain starts screaming, BAD IDEA! TOO LOUD!

Are you referring to the Combat Knife? I have one of those in my Military Boots. It stayed pristine when my boots were ruined. 

I have begun carrying one extra pair of pants on me at all times. Every day, at least one pair of pants gets ruined. I've lost some boots too, but most of the time I have been able to catch them at "Badly Damaged" and repair with a Leather Sewing Kit. I haven't crashed a truck but that's because I don't like noise and I don't drive trucks. Every time I start a truck engine, my brain starts screaming, BAD IDEA! TOO LOUD!

Are you referring to the Combat Knife? I have one of those in my Military Boots. It stayed pristine when my boots were ruined. 

I usually drive past people either screaming at me to stop for them or they are straight shooting at me. Been lucky so far ^^ Perhaps people should try shooting my tires, not me. But it's not like I drive everywhere. Once I park the truck, I usually go on foot. And most of the time I don't need to walk back to it, because I find another truck on the hike. I don't ruin them as often as I may have made it sound, but when I crash, I crash hard. In the mods the only reason for me to have a truck was the insane amount of storage they have. I hope they don't do that in Dayz, because people will just drive them offroad and use for permantent storage. In the mods I was flying all the time. Not that hard to fix a chopper, there. As much as I wanna fly again, it was stupid easy finding camps with the chopper and stealing other people's gear.

And yeah, I suppose it is called combat knife. I keep callingit survival knife, because as a kid I had one of those "Rambo" knifes that looked exactly like the model ingame. Well not exactly, it had a black blade and "survival knife" written on it. On the back was a compass you can screw off and inside were like 3 matches and a fishing hook and some line ^^

That must have permanently damaged my ability to call it anything else but "survival knife".  

Edited by S3V3N
  • Like 2

So far the only maps I've found have been the Western portion, anyone find the north, south or east bits?

Also, the bow not working really make me sad.

Edited by Ebrim