boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.55 Discussion

Why would you empty the clips to take the bullets? Why not just take the clips with the bullets, they are more useful that way, aren't they?

If you had some full clips and just wanted the rounds as they take up less space

Has any one found small protective cases? I have searched every where and nothing. It would be good to here that they are still to be found.

Fond 2 in .55 both on the same server both in houses.

Why would you empty mp5 mags? They're far mor common than boxed 9mm rounds right now and if you empty and combine stacks of loose rounds thru take up less space.

Edited by BCBasher

Why would you empty the clips to take the bullets? Why not just take the clips with the bullets, they are more useful that way, aren't they?

If you have enough clips and only need bullets.. They use less space in inventory

So, to conclude this minor update: nothing was fixed and more things than before are now broken. Well done ;)

We need another hotfix before next week. Spawns are still not right. 

Edited by S3V3N

1: I had a kevlar with attachable pouches with some stuff in it. Suddenly, i found a pistol holster and attached it to my kevlar. As a result, everything in the attachable pouches disappeared.

Just wanted to share this. Somebody else noticed this too?

I can confirm this, I had the same exact thing happen yesterday.  Also, the holster didn't show up in my inventory as I expected to see an open slot.

I can confirm this, I had the same exact thing happen yesterday. Also, the holster didn't show up in my inventory as I expected to see an open slot.

I don't know if it is intended or not, but you can just swipe your handgun to the kevlar and it will be in it's holster.

Wish they would add a leg holster or belt holster...

Normally I don't comment. I follow and listen to others comments. Love the work the team is doing, and the development. Incredible game, one of the best I've ever played. My buddy and I have been playing for over a year now and each update gets better and better. But I have to say, playing on this branch the last two days we have completely lost interest. Finding food is down right awful. I love that it is harder and the zombies are much funner now, hard and quick. But not being able to find one piece of food anywhere...bushes, trees, wildlife, cans or anything on multiple servers. Well that alone caused us to say goodbye for now. Hopefully it will get better, a little more food or something. Anyway, keep up the good work. But for now I think it has lost its flavor a little, I mean, Can't a guy get at least a can of peaches or something?!

• Like 1

Has any one found small protective cases? I have searched every where and nothing. It would be good to here that they are still to be found.

I found one today.

Edited by Pestilance

I have 5 or 6 of them now. Only one is is pristine shape though. The rest are all damaged or badly damaged. Stupid zombies hitting me in the legs...

Normally I don't comment. I follow and listen to others comments. Love the work the team is doing, and the development. Incredible game, one of the best I've ever played. My buddy and I have been playing for over a year now and each update gets better and better. But I have to say, playing on this branch the last two days we have completely lost interest. Finding food is down right awful. I love that it is harder and the zombies are much funner now, hard and quick. But not being able to find one piece of food anywhere...bushes, trees, wildlife, cans or anything on multiple servers. Well that alone caused us to say goodbye for now. Hopefully it will get better, a little more food or something. Anyway, keep up the good work. But for now I think it has lost its flavor a little, I mean, Can't a guy get at least a can of peaches or something?!

I have far too much food... got any .380?

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 3

So I see the loot economy was mentioned in the patch notes for stable... tell me people... how broken is it ? Are piles of crap spawning everywhere like nothing has changed at all.. ? or does it seem ok

Gotta say, other than a few servers with coastal spawns that have nothing, food has been harder to find but not a deal breaker.  And I don't even search trees or bushes.  The other day we had 4 people start fresh on a private server (just to bone up on our new-spawn skills) that spawned between rifty and svet and we all survived (together) to be moderately geared up.

I think you should give the game another chance by trying to rethink your strategies.  There are simply too many people who do survive and even thrive to write off the game as unplayable.

• Like 2

Edit:

Bah, nevermind....

But look what I found earlier!

4v6fhxq.jpg

Edited by BioHaze

Edit:

Bah, nevermind....

But look what I found earlier!

4v6fhxq.jpg

Hah, yeah can openers are plenty now, but cans not so much. And mostly I find tactical bacon, which isn't the most norishing food. 

My problem is cooking pots right now. I have meat but no way to cook it and I looked everywhere for a pot. Also what Organ Grinder said: the spawns near Svetlo are really the best at the moment. I always found enough to sustain me and keep going there. If you spawn around Cherno you might as well kill yourself; or at least it is much harder surviving there. To me it seems, like most of the good loot has been picked clean and not so much respawned. We have one tent full of ammo, one tent full of meat and farming supplies, one tent full of medicine and one tent just for magazines. Finally, we have a military tent for clothes and my precious M4 (I take an SKS when I go looting). And all we have for food is a pack of Captain Crunch, one pack of rice and 2 cans of something. This should show that something is wrong, as we should have less ammo and fewer magazines, but a lot more food.

Of course, we can always farm, but I'd be much happier to find a pot and cook some meat. 

Edited by S3V3N

-snip- And all we have for food is a pack of Captain Crunch, one pack of rice and 2 cans of something. This should show that something is wrong, as we should have less ammo and fewer magazines, but a lot more food.

Of course, we can always farm, but I'd be much happier to find a pot and cook some meat. 

Wow.

Um, garden sheds the ones with the wood floors!

I'm finding tons of food, drink, and ammo in those.

They are nearly as OP as toilets.... shhhh!

I have so much food I dropped a box of cereal in a shed just a minute ago.

I'm starting to amass a huge amount of ammo but only just enough .380 to keep my mag full from town to town.

I have A LOT of winchester ammo for my Longhorn thankfully...

I just came upon a whole 'nother pile of ammos when the server restarted. :/

Sadly lost another 2 tents... and rare loot... tents are still broken, getting wiped on server resets, pitch at your own risk.

tried the whole last sessin to get cholera, no success, was healthy all the time.

Has anyone gotten cholera at all when healthy? And does anyone if it is actually health or blood that protects you?

I can confirm this, I had the same exact thing happen yesterday.  Also, the holster didn't show up in my inventory as I expected to see an open slot.

Happened to me too, full of MP5 30rnd Mags...

tried the whole last sessin to get cholera, no success, was healthy all the time.

Has anyone gotten cholera at all when healthy? And does anyone if it is actually health or blood that protects you?

I dunno if it was Cholera or not but I think Black Lake is definitely contaminated with something.  Every time I fill water there and drink it I get sick.  Definitely plan on trying again tomorrow but this time with water purification tablets and I have charcoal tabs handy, just in case, this time.  Zeds have been making me sick too, from time to time.

• Like 1

Wow.

Um, garden sheds the ones with the wood floors!

I'm finding tons of food, drink, and ammo in those.

They are nearly as OP as toilets.... shhhh!

I have so much food I dropped a box of cereal in a shed just a minute ago.

I'm starting to amass a huge amount of ammo but only just enough .380 to keep my mag full from town to town.

I have A LOT of winchester ammo for my Longhorn thankfully...

I just came upon a whole 'nother pile of ammos when the server restarted. :/

Bus stops, outhouses (ew), green guard towers at military bases and green guard shacks (also at military bases, but at the prison and factory areas too) are, randomly, spawning foodstuffs too.  Not always but definitely worth checking for sure.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

-SNIP-

Zombies can change targets.  I tested it with a buddy actually.  They will change from focussing on a player to another player or they will change from a player to a truck.  If they change to a truck, they will stay focused on the truck.  Those seem to have their priority.  It's pretty easy to do a lap around a town to gather most of the zombies, then just drive forward and back till you splatter all of them and make the own safer ;)

• Like 2