boneboys

Stable Branch - 0.55 Discussion

Has anyone found a pot or pan yet? I used to find them let reliably by checking buildings with stoves but I've yet to even cone across one in even the random loot piles you find.

I found a pot. I think it was in one of those 2 story buildings in Berezino. Not sure though.

• Like 1

I lost my V3S and my tent with the stuff inside during the night.  I'm desinstalling until 0.56 if there is something interesting in 0.56.

Forums are for feedback, feedback is both positive and negative, it is feedback

Stop telling people not to post negative feedback, its feedback about things people don't like, multiple people complaining about the same thing is useful feedback. It tells you that those people don't like that change. that is what feedback is for...

Whining about a new feature you don't like is giving feedback, whining about someone's opinion is just whining.

Reminding people that its alpha or to go play something else because 'this game isn't for you' is patronising, we know, it is, I'm playing it.

The forum is here for people to say what they think about the game, everyone's opinion is as valid as your own.

If you like a new feature that others don't then its fine to post positive feedback about that feature. I may or may not agree with you but that's your opinion.

Surely the point of the patch discussion is for people to say what they like, what they don't like, highlight new features or bugs they have found and for the devs to trawl through and get a feeling for what people are making of the latest changes.

Because its alpha they change things that I don't like, its alpha, I accept that but let me moan about it without feeling the need to tell me that I am wrong. I'm not wrong I just have a different opinion to you. 

Grow up.

• Like 3

Cue the crushing despair. For the first time in about 15 days, I have no obligations on a Thursday night into Friday, so I stayed up all night building myself a nice little camp with 3 tents and tons of supplies. I farmed for awhile and stockpiled pumpkins, green peppers, and tomatoes. I had my AK101, Pistol Grip Shotgun, a 2nd MP5K, a bipod, a 3.5x scope, ammo of many calibers, and various miscellaneous items. 

I lost every single thing. All of my stuff is gone.....10 hours of work. Poof. 

It's an alpha, I know it, you know it, we all know it. Still sucks though. I've had that AK for weeks now and I was just looking for a mag for it. Never even got to fire it once. Lol. 

Time to start over I guess.

• Like 1

-Forced Persistence

Sorry but that's bullshit. Stop lying. Persistence is dead for now.

Either persistence is shitty either your "famous" central loot economy is shitty. <_<

Edited by Zyryanoff

Here are my thoughts:

- Less loot. Ok. We can do that. What is simply ridiculous is me standing in front of an apple tree trying to get at least healing, for 60 minutes. That is not fun or immersive. Going from "food and zeds are not a problem" to "Zeds are ridiculous and food isn't available" was a bit heavy.

- Zeds: New behaviour is okay, but their melee behaviour is ridiculous. They will definitely hit you. Whatever you do, getting in range and fighting one means you get hit, even if your melee behaviour is perfect. But what is more ridiculous is the power of military zombies. I have now met three of them and two instakilled med. I was wearing a helmet and went from fully healed and full blood to dead in two strikes, which were basically instakills. This is boring.

I know the game is supposed to be hard, but what is more important is bridging the level of "hard" and "too frustrating to be fun." The whole "stand in front of the three for an hour hitting F" thing was a bit putting me off and being fully armed and unable to deal with two zombies was a bit insane too. I had an AK loaded, pumped four bullets into one and got instakilled from the other? Nah.

As for loot: Put more. It really is more fun with more loot, even if some items are dispersed and making you crazy. I would suggest tweaking the amount of food you need, and spawning a bit more. That keeps you in action, rather than standing in front of the berry bush ;)

• Like 3

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=418757569

I get this when I try connecting to my regular server at the moment. The server ran for 4 hours straight, then restarted and then restarted again after less than an hour. And since then when I tried connecting, I get this version of the starter screen image, instead of the usual "waiting for host"/black screen. My friends have the same problem at this time. Anyone experienced something similar? The image just stays and the game never loads. I don't wanna switch servers, because all my stuff is on that one ^^

Also, yeah it's been mentioned elsewhere, Zombies jump on the trucks, like it's a brain-candy van. They are pretty docile, once they got on. 

I wonder if the trucks take engine damage already and if there is a way to tell. I can tell the wheels get damaged, because I rode without frontwheels for sometime. Also my friend lost fuel really quickly after hitting some zombies and his shoes were ruined. So there must be some weird damage happening there...

Devs need to check the road from Lopatino to Pustoshka. There are some unnatural bumps on that one. And tree hitboxes, its either leafs or roots that catapult the truck around. 

Edited by S3V3N

There are new item spawn points in this build!

Look other places then last build and you will find more than you need  B)

i dont tell you where to search, this will be my little secret for some days  :rolleyes:  

i love this build, nearly perfect

Thank you devs

EDIT: Tents are like playing lotterie, some stay one or two restarts, some go after one

Edited by wasnu
  • Like 1

Are backpacks and weapons also vanishing? Just tested a tent and it vanished at restart. Really need a way to store some items! 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=418757569

I get this when I try connecting to my regular server at the moment. The server ran for 4 hours straight, then restarted and then restarted again after less than an hour. And since then when I tried connecting, I get this version of the starter screen image, instead of the usual "waiting for host"/black screen. My friends have the same problem at this time. Anyone experienced something similar? The image just stays and the game never loads. I don't wanna switch servers, because all my stuff is on that one ^^

Also, yeah it's been mentioned elsewhere, Zombies jump on the trucks, like it's a brain-candy van. They are pretty docile, once they got on. 

I wonder if the trucks take engine damage already and if there is a way to tell. I can tell the wheels get damaged, because I rode without frontwheels for sometime. Also my friend lost fuel really quickly after hitting some zombies and his shoes were ruined. So there must be some weird damage happening there...

Devs need to check the road from Lopatino to Pustoshka. There are some unnatural bumps on that one. And tree hitboxes, its either leafs or roots that catapult the truck around. 

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982113772/screenshots/

I'm also having this problem.  Been trying for about 2 hours now. Happens every time I try to join a server, loads briefly, then goes to the grayscale screen. Just a copy of whatever background the loading screen was on.

I'm also having this problem.  Been trying for about 2 hours now. Happens every time I try to join a server, loads briefly, then goes to the grayscale screen. Just a copy of whatever background the loading screen was on.

try to start the game with the startoption "-world=empty", it worked for me

Edited by DanielK

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/223397-all-servers-broken-as-of-a-couple-of-minutes-ago/#entry2244726

try to start the game with the startoption "-world=empty", it worked for me

That changed nothing for me. It just removed everything from the starting screen, so I would wait with a completely light blue screen now. That's some problem with the serverside, right? I don't think it has anything to do with my game. I hope the next restart fixes it. Maybe restarts should be scheduled to two hours again, until the servers are more stable. (4h restarts at the moment)

Oh I was going to do some experiments this about today. Well too bad if walking is still that punishing (same as jogging energy per second??)

I don't expect any changes here until the new stamina / encumbrance system is in, unfortunately.

A number of servers restart often, I suppose the admins are frightened and want to force more loot or something (??) doesn't work. And I see that several Public servers have instant-kick up and just the admin and his mate on line trying to farm what they can find.

Please report any such servers to the devs as you discover them. This is explicitly against the Public Hive Server Hosting Rules.  >:(

..//..

autokick on Public servers

..//..

Please report any such servers to the devs as you discover them. This is explicitly against the Public Hive Server Hosting Rules.  > :(

All it takes for the bad guys to win is that one good man does nothing

right ?

look back over the last 18+ months of the forum and judge for yourself how much the situation has changed

• Like 1

After playing 12 hours of the 0.55, I can say couple of things.

1. The loot:                    There are million's of tents, everywhere. Food, nowhere. Best places to find loot are cars and outdoor WC:s.

Friend found 4 guns in a single car, and we have found over 10 items of all sorts in outdoor WC:s.

The locations of different loots, are totally broken. I have found a ton of gear that could only be found at heli-crash sites.

2. The Zombies:            Sometimes a zombie can hit me 20 times and it doesn't affect me, even when I have grey screen.

Sometimes I die on a single blow by a zombie, while having a healthy status.

Can't hear any zombie sounds BEFORE a zombie has hit me. No steps, no growling, nothing.

3. My guy:                     About 85 percent of the time, my character doesn't have sounds while eating, drinking, swithing/compining stuff, reloading.

Usually all the things that I have done in the past 30 minutes, comes crashing down on my speakers. All the eating, running, gunning,

drinking and reloading voices come at the same time, usually 5-30 minutes late!

In my opinion, this has been fun to play this 0.55 patch so far, but seeing some basic things being broken, really grinds my gears.
I've had a moment where I only could hear my guy running for like two hours. It made the game extremely boring.

edit> haven't found a single mathcbox, portable gas stove, gas canister, pot, pan or cooking tripod.

got loads of meat but can't cook. Not a single garden lime in sight...

Edited by Munkeyh

Server kickers break rules as much as hackers and yet nothing was ever done against them. They just expect players to report them even though they don't provide any tool for that.

Edited by Karakoz

Before wednesday, I packed up my tents and gear and logged off. When I read there was problems with tents, I've stayed off the public hive to wait out the issues. Been playing private ever since, here are my impressions, overall, I think this is a big improvement!

. I like the new zeds, and actually think they could be harder, but I think when they start grouping up it will add to that

. many glitches have been fixed (like stone knives aren't nearly 100% perfect at opening cans, this stun baton has killed over 6 zeds without totally killing the battery, it is reduced, but its working...for example)

. I like the low loot situation, its way harder to survive, but there are still things that need tweaking: only hats, IV kits and shoes in houses, but outhouses are stacked with random things (I found two press vests, four glasses, six hats, and some other stuff in one). I'm finding a lot of fishing lures, seeds and lime, but no shovels or hoes. Not sure how I can survive if I can't dig to get worms or plant things, or see a single animal.... Seems like I should be able to dig with my hands, but how would I kill an animal with what I have?... I spawned near Rify, so I headed to small towns towards Olsha, waaaay out north east in Torovo, Dubroe, Belaya Polana... places I'd never been in before, hitting all the small spots that didn't even have names, checking everywhere. I spent hours trying to find things, probably 6+ and so far I found only a sporter, no ammo at all. I managed to find some powdered milk and surprisingly a PET bottle, so I stayed alive by eating berries along the way and stabbing cans of food down to 12% to open them. and then eating them. Amazingly, I found a tent in a toilet, so I put all the rags, seeds, and fishing lures and other random little things like rope and other things that might be useful if I can find some other stuff in there and finally logged off -- way out at the end of the world. I haven't seen a soul on this 50 pop server, but it seems like every town has been totally cleared out. I'm surprised I'm still alive, but I'm sure the first time I find someone else, they are going to kill me immediately with some m4 or mosin that they carried over from before the reset.

I had two other experiences, both on private: spawned in Cherno, couldn't find anything, some guy comes up to me and asks me if I need any help. He gives me EVERYTHING he has, so he is in his underwear, and then takes off. I round the corner and some jokers mow me down with a AKM and say it was my fault for being in a high pvp area with loot. Second spawn I'm in elektro, search everywhere, can't find anything, no food, nothing. I'm dying. I go to the top of the police station and I start yelling, "ANYBODY THERE? I'M GOING TO DIE OF STARVATION AND NEED HELP!" 50 people on the server, and nobody was in elektro, I ended up starving to death.

• Like 1

Server kickers break rules as much as hackers and yet nothing was ever done against them. They just expect players to report them even though they don't provide any tool for that.

Document badmin issues in a bug report, just like everything else.

I've got a strange issue now.  When I try to go into a new server I'm presented with a generic terrain background with no trees/buildings and the game never loads.  Funny thing is that image will change to something entirely different when I attempt to go into another server.  Seems like it takes about 3-4 tries into new servers to get the appropriate splash screen with server IP and current players.

The items not spawning at proper places its been worked on real time? Or we wont be getting any change untill next patch?

Yay! About time we got the changelog! 

Build notes coming soon... 968MB

New Items:
-Bear Trap
-Landmine
-.308 Ammo
-Oak bark
-Birch bark
-Chainsaw readded

New Mechanics:
-New Zombie AI (combat/roaming behaviour)
-Horticulture Update
-Cooking Update (visual cooking states)
-Stealth
-New Animal AI
-Central economy
-Fireplace Update
-New Icons
-Player control changes
-New Crosshair
-Diseases
-Increased Zombie Count
-Changed Zombie Spawns
-New idle animations (main menu)
-New UI (main menu) (use -newui switch to try it out)
-Forced Persistence
-Weapon rebalancing
-Zombie Rebalancing

New Animations:
-Lot of new animal animations
-Total rework of Zombie animations

New Locations:
-New camps

Map:
-Road improvements
-Grassland improvements

Programming:
-New Sensors
-New Zombie Controller
-New Zombie Physics
-Noise system

Fixed:
-Vehicle bugfixing
-Zombie bugfixing
-Animal bugfixing
-and a lot more!

Known issues:
-Visual bugs in zombie animations
-Sound issues with zombies
-A rare server crash
-Items not spawning at proper places

But i was expecting something more detailed, since it took so long.

Edited by BrainlessZombie

The items not spawning at proper places its been worked on real time? Or we wont be getting any change untill next patch?

Yay! About time we got the changelog! 

But i was expecting something more detailed, since it took so long.

Per Eugen:

... every item except guns is not configured to proper building/area. This change requires a client update so its scheduled to 0.56

• Like 1

Same here, stated happening today, I tried everything, clearing graphics prefs, the startoption, even redownloaded the game, still happens :/

BTW loot is crazy to say the least. On two servers I found a total of 12 MP5 30rnd mags, 8 MP5-K 15round mags, 10 PM73 RAK mags and two PM73 RAK weapons. All inside the Kamyshovo Police Station along with 10+ hats, 12+ cuffs, and enough clothes to fill my wardrobe :P