boneboys

Exp Update: 0.55.127129

-snip-

On a last note, did anyone notice that guns now gets damaged over time from firing them? Shot about 170 rounds to ruined the damaged suppressor, and the Makarov got "worn" past this stage.

-snip-

Yeah man, I posted about my Sporter getting damaged after 100+ rounds in an earlier 0.55 build.

I think someone else reported rifle wear as well.

Edit: Unintentional double post. :/

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

Overall I'm very pleased with the current experimental build. Fantastic experience so far.

I'm all set up to continue my adventure. 

2lkegqg.jpg

Great minds think alike -- that is the exact outfit I strive for when possible. Exact colors, even.  B)

• Like 1

With the introduction of both the *real* stamina system and water vehicles, I think you'll get your wish.

imagine you are in prison island last time you login and didn't get to play it until the update is released...you are stuck there for good until you find a water vehicle! 

Great minds think alike -- that is the exact outfit I strive for when possible. Exact colors, even.  B)

I just love this look. It's perfect and it integrates to the surroundings without being too "camo" or militaristic in my opinion. I tried many outfits and combinations, but this one is my second skin now. It's my "end game" look and the search to acquire the individual parts is like a quest. 

Once completed, surviving is the new game+.  :lol:

Final piece acquired: Improvised leather backpack.

53u6c4.jpg

The boar pelt in 0.55 seem to only take 4 slots now instead of the 2x3, 6 slots it used to take even in the last 0.55 version.

2vbvqz6.jpg

Looking forward to the flare fireworks!  B)  Cheers!

• Like 3

I just love this look. It's perfect and it integrates to the surroundings without being too "camo" or militaristic in my opinion.

This is exactly why I like it as well. I spend a lot of time roaming the open fields in the North and West, and clothing like this blends right in with the high grass.

Anyway, I'm getting off topic... :)

• Like 2

This is exactly why I like it as well. I spend a lot of time roaming the open fields in the North and West, and clothing like this blends right in with the high grass.

Anyway, I'm getting off topic... :)

Love surviving out in the stick's...

This is my look... :)

2015-03-28_00002_zpsufy25zyf.jpg

Can we not dye these homemade cloth's to a nice dark green?... :)

Edited by PILLPOPPER
  • Like 3

This patch kind of sounds more like a Debby downer more than anything else though lol. Lets hope the next experimental build brings more meat to the table.

This patch kind of sounds more like a Debby downer more than anything else though lol. Lets hope the next experimental build brings more meat to the table.

The loot economy seems to have been improved pretty significantly over ver #4. The invisible fruit and veggies is kinda weird, but most of us already know the typical spawn locations for these.

Small, seemingly insignificant changes, almost always have unintended consequences. No one should be surprised that changes to a major component, such as the new zeds, would not be perfect for the first few iterations.

• Like 1

Well you can still kill zombies easily or just runaway so even though they hit you easily many times they're still very easy and not a threat.

• Like 2

Can we not dye these homemade cloth's to a nice dark green?... :)

You'll be able to very, very soon. "Natural" is the current color you see, and they'll be adding beige, brown, and black in the very near future.

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 4

Anyone else post saying the ridiculous loud crunching when eating is gone?

Because I think the ridiculous loud crunching when eating is gone.

Edit: I always try to find a helmet of some kind for my character. Too many times do they get ruined and I'm glad it wasn't my head. I would be surprised if a simple boonie could protect you so well.

I'm not as picky about particular sets of gear as some I guess. I let the best of what I find dictate my look....

Edited by BioHaze
  • Like 1

Found a military tent backpack. :D

You mean a smersh backpack?

Now try to find the vest that you need to attach to it...

The amount is not the problem, you assume and spread misinformation about something that you have no knowledge of, please stop, your comments are derogative.

The Z problem is known, I'm more concerned about sickness and disease not kicking in as expected.

Any further feedback would be appreciated, so go drink teh pondswater people and don't forget to take the purification tablets with you...

Thanks.

If it's not the number then what is it? Because Tatanko said there were still more but they're spread out. Is it related to how many in an area? That's still related to amount. Again, if this isn't the issue then what is the issue? How come there was this excited update with the new AI and more zombies that resulted in complete failure? So we're no longer allowed to discuss issues in the game once they're known. All right so no more talking about sickness and disease not kicking in.

I'm not spreading misinformation, I'm happy to be told what the actual issue is. I'm explaining exactly what I saw. Horrible experimental update, followed by some hotfixes where the number of zombies I was seeing decreased (which could come from spreading them out across the map). Also, after this excited push, there was very little spoken about what went wrong. At first developers were even saying "keep playing, keep trying, it works on low populated servers," even though most experimental servers were crashing after a VERY limited time.

It looks exactly like they were 100% wrong about what they thought they could handle. And less than perfect updates are to be expected, but it wasn't even close to playable and it's weird given their enthusiastic and confident tone. They weren't just introducing new AI, they were beefing up numbers. So what failed and why did it fail so badly that servers couldn't stay up for more than a few minutes? What is the barrier preventing them from doing what they tried?

I've been here for years, I never said I was against being informed on what the real problem was, and you chose to block a couple of my posts and come up with some lame response that tells me I'm wrong without giving any information. Well done. I think this is actually the first time I've had any doubt about the competence of anyone involved in DayZ. That's completely disrespectful. Given the massive negativity and doubt critics of DayZ have about performance in the game (something I've ALWAYS had confidence and preached would get better), such a complete performance failure in an important feature deserves just a little bit of explanation.

You say "spread information" like I was on some campaign when all I wanted to know is what happened and if it's cause for worry. I've always gone on the assumption that the developers are capable of overcoming the current performance limitations. They make a move that indicates they're ready to break down some of those limitations and it fails. There might be a very simple explanation for that, and I was pointing out my concern that the issue wasn't strongly addressed. I didn't go into detail because it's not something I'm overly knowledgeable about. But like I explained above, it went from a noticeable increase in the amount of zombies, to people going back to saying they couldn't find any.

• Like 2

Let's hope not. I was all for the previous build going to stable but not this one. Too much not happening. Whatever went I with the Zeds needs sorting out and I have yet to get sick drinking pond water. The loot distribution seems better and glad to see the recent camp areas now contain loot. Perhaps send previous build to stable and include new stuff to this build with .56 would be best.

Seriously? The loot is all fucked up. Many areas and entire buildings do not spawn loot at all, while you can find things like high capacity vests in civilian houses.

Another problem is that tents disappear as soon as you plop them down, I'm gonna be very displeased if that happens on stable when i redeploy my military tent.

Edited by wartzilla

Seriously? The loot is all fucked up. Many areas and entire buildings do not spawn loot at all, while you can find things like high capacity vests in civilian houses.

Another problem is that tents disappear as soon as you plop them down, I'm gonna be very displeased if that happens on stable when i redeploy my military tent.

Is that sort of loot in civilian houses deliberate, though?

AnarchyBrownies - I agree with a lot of what you are and have been saying but I think we just need to have some patience and allow the behind the scenes stuff to pan out a bit more.

I'm disheartened that these updates have been so troublesome but I also have faith that when they have concrete information and another build to kick around we'll be filled in accordingly.

It even sounds like we'll see some kind of stable update on schedule which I feel isn't really required either way, right? People can be late....

I also have confidence in modern coding and hardware to the degree that most software problems, even deeply rooted ones, can have a workable solution.

There are a fair amount of core upgrades on the horizon and I'm hoping that brings with it some of those nice performance boosts.

Edited by BioHaze

Found a crazy server with broken loot tables i was able to find assault and high capacity vests in berezino i also found a field jacket, a lot of AK and M4 attachments there, and then i found this.ZU2SSRW.jpg

• Like 1

AnarchyBrownies - I agree with a lot of what you are and have been saying but I think we just need to have some patience and allow the behind the scenes stuff to pan out a bit more.

I'm disheartened that these updates have been so troublesome but I also have faith that when they have concrete information and another build to kick around we'll be filled in accordingly.

It even sounds like we'll see some kind of stable update on schedule which I feel isn't really required either way, right? People can be late....

I also have confidence in modern coding and hardware to the degree that most software problems, even deeply rooted ones, can have a workable solution.

There are a fair amount of core upgrades on the horizon and I'm hoping that brings with it some of those nice performance boosts.

I work on the same assumptions as you, I swear. Which is why I think it's weird that I had posts hidden and was told I was spreading misinformation after what I thought was a mild annoyance. I thought the release was surprisingly bad given the confidence of the development team. Considering performance is probably DayZ's biggest issue, it's worrisome that they couldn't come close to what they thought they could. It makes me worried that maybe they can't overcome what they think they can as far as performance goes. I've never really had that worry before because I've had your exact mindset. Cue Boneboys giving zero information, hiding my fairly innocuous posts, and just stating I'm wrong and it just adds to that worried feeling.

Now, I HOPE that it just ends up like other updates and it's a meaningless bump like you can expect along the way (and like we've seen). It just didn't have that feel because of how exciting the update was supposed to be compared to what actually happened and the "meh" hotfixes.

Edited by AnarchyBrownies
  • Like 1

I work on the same assumptions as you, I swear. Which is why I think it's weird that I had posts hidden and was told I was spreading misinformation after what I thought was a mild annoyance. I thought the release was surprisingly bad given the confidence of the development team. Considering performance is probably DayZ's biggest issue, it's worrisome that they couldn't come close to what they thought they could. It makes me worried that maybe they can't overcome what they think they can as far as performance goes. I've never really had that worry before because I've had your exact mindset. Cue Boneboys giving zero information and just stating I'm wrong and it just adds to that worried feeling.

Now, I HOPE that it just ends up like other updates and it's a meaningless bump like you can expect along the way (and like we've seen). It just didn't have that feel because of how exciting the update was supposed to be compared to what actually happened and the "meh" hotfixes.

Yes, the "bump in the road" situation is one we hope for.

New AI linked to new animations and now infection disease in a short period may have been overly ambitious.

Also, I think the in-house testing doesn't always expose the bugs the game will express out in the wild.

It may only be a case of a couple of particularly tricky fixes "et voila", stability and frame rates (yay!).

It may be a bigger stumbling block as well.... we'll have to wait and see what's in tomorrows report.

:ph34r:

Edited by BioHaze

This talk all feels a bit melodramatic to me. This experimental cycle doesn't seem all that different from ones before it. New bits are always a tad touch and go. Server stability is a bit funky but generally by the time a stable version is released things work very well for most people. Then the next experimental cycle will begin and so on...

• Like 1

Yeah, zeds definitely need a lot of work.  My graphics just went nutzo and I could never get a bead on the three that were attacking me, I tried to move towards a ladder but I kept warping past it, it was nuts, ended up dead.

Pick axe is just as good/bad as a splitting axe.  Tried to hit a zed with a garden hoe but lost it on the spazo desynced graphics suddenly.

As for the cattle prod, yeah it's two hits and zed's dead but so is the battery.

Yeppers, pretty frustrated, going back to stable.

As far as I can tell, purification tablets are working GREAT, haven't been sick yet.

Edited by Barnabus
  • Like 1

Back to stable.  This has become a berry picking simulator, lol.

Are the helicrashes spawning anything ?
2 sites and nothing at all server restart 1 is still there and nothing again 
Not sure what the deal is there